• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Just wondering, what kinds of control mappings do you guys use? I usually use the default for R.O.B., although I've considered setting L to Jump like I do for a lot of other characters.
For my non-R.O.B. mains, I usually have L set to jump, Tap Jump off, and X set to either grab, shield, or jump depending on who I'm playing as, although I almost never use it in the first place.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I use R as jump, tap jump off, and X as grab for all my characters, though I don't usually use R to jump as ROB, just as Peach. X grab was from when I mained Dedede/IC's, and it helped me CG easier, and I just got used to it. Tap jump off just because I hate tap jump, lol.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I use Default Controls.

Since I main Snake people always ask if I mess up a lot doing his Up-Tilt, but I don't. I'm probably just used to it. I 2nd ROB and I use the same controls obviously.

:phone:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
default controls for life
i dont see the point in turning tap jump off, since its useful sometimes, and theres never a time its useful to have tap jump off =/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Just wondering, what kinds of control mappings do you guys use? I usually use the default for R.O.B., although I've considered setting L to Jump like I do for a lot of other characters.
For my non-R.O.B. mains, I usually have L set to jump, Tap Jump off, and X set to either grab, shield, or jump depending on who I'm playing as, although I almost never use it in the first place.
Tap jump off, R to attack
Did set C-stick to to attack for ike once upon a time. i didnt enjoy that very much

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Tap jump off, everything else set to B button.
The true Metaknight control scheme.

default controls for life
i dont see the point in turning tap jump off, since its useful sometimes, and theres never a time its useful to have tap jump off =/
I just feel like I don't have control over my character when I have tap jump on in Brawl. I'm completely okay with it in Melee/64, but I feel like Brawl's tap jump is more sensitive, so it messes with me. Plus I don't like losing my second jump to up B.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Hi.

Guys I need a good anime to watch to kill time, anything new gotten popular in the past couple months?

I like stuff like FMA, Samurai Champloo, S-Cry-Ed and Code Geass.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I played Brawl recently for the first time in several months, but I don't think it really counts because all I did was transfer some old screenshots and two other game data files to my new SD card.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah, me either. XD

HxH is basically similar to FMA except less alchemy and more companionship and direct power, but I can't give too much away because a lot of the plot is developed later on. :) It's reeeeally good but you need to watch the original before you start watching the 2011 version. 2011 is still in the recapping phase, because they've restarted the anime from the beginning but are going through it super fast and skipping a lot of details. They're going to get to the point where the original anime stopped and continue on from there (hopefully with as much detail as the original). It is one of my favorites, and the only one I'm actually keeping up with now, lol. I lost track of Brotherhood and then Bleach as life started happening but then decided to jump on the weekly boat again with HxH. It's definitely worth the watch, especially the original.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Hi.

Guys I need a good anime to watch to kill time, anything new gotten popular in the past couple months?

I like stuff like FMA, Samurai Champloo, S-Cry-Ed and Code Geass.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, it's an amazing mecha. Also Higurashi no naku koro ni, I reccomend it to everyone now. It's a murder mystery sorta thing, if you're into that.

Sudai

Stuff here
If you're serious about HxH, watch the original, not HxH 2011. 2011 is good, but still ongoing and less detailed. Think what DBZ:K is to DBZ.

After you watch the original, if you're into manga, def continue reading it. The artist broke his arm but continued drawing anyway so the art gets like, really ****ty for a little while, but it doesn't even matter cause the story's awesome.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, it's an amazing mecha. Also Higurashi no naku koro ni, I reccomend it to everyone now. It's a murder mystery sorta thing, if you're into that.

Murder mystery sounds pretty sweet, I might check that out.

HxH is amazing, but manga > anime all day.
True, but any reading time right now is going into Eldest.

If you're serious about HxH, watch the original, not HxH 2011. 2011 is good, but still ongoing and less detailed. Think what DBZ:K is to DBZ.

After you watch the original, if you're into manga, def continue reading it. The artist broke his arm but continued drawing anyway so the art gets like, really ****ty for a little while, but it doesn't even matter cause the story's awesome.
Being an art major, I can't imagine..

Also Golden Psycho has a Fluttershy train avy, I wouldn't have known that a month ago.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Mirai Nikki and Mawaru Penguindrum are pretty popular right now.
Mirai Nikki is the anime adaptation of a manga, it's about a kid who writes a ton of crap in his cell phone diary and then suddenly it starts showing entries from the future.
Mawaru Penguindrum is an original anime, it's about these three siblings and it's really hard to explain so I'll just link the wiki page.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Job interview didn't really go amazing, I was kinda misled with what the other man thought was true. Only casual work is available, and casual work here is really ****. (as in they'll only give you a set 10-15 hours a week and shorter shifts) Working two jobs is a pain because one of the pays will be taxed at 75%. I was told I would get full time work, but they said they have no positions anymore..

Its just like god gave me a pair of balls, then whacked them really hard to mock me. Its going to be impossible finding fulltime work. They always mislead you by saying, oh we could give you full time, but the second you get serious with them its like "oh we only have casual"...

And what really annoyed me most was my luck, out of the two interviews i had. I was interrupted both times to have some other random girl want to give them their resume.... Man I wanted to kill them... Just **** off, I want this job. UGH >_>.

I just want to make some money, but having only 10-15 hours a week of work doesn't get me much... Most of that ends up going to food and other fees, then I never have a profit =/.

I've been really unlucky this last week.. one of my favorite cows died, and we nearly had another calf die since it wasn't breathing at birth. (it started breathing 5 minutes later though thankgod) I'm also suffering from insomnia, I dont think i've slept more than 2 to 3 hours for the last week. Its really killing me. What next? =/

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ugh x_x Well, at least you do have and are keeping a job that can feed and house you. It might not be the greatest but you do have something. Here's to hoping you can find another job that you can work full time with, it's only been two interviews at least, and not like 5. x.x I've asked for work in places with no luck too, so it's a hard job around here just to be able to get a job.

Sorry to hear about your cow >< I can't imagine what it feels like to lose an animal you're close to, I've had my kitty for ~8 years and I love him so much :( But I hope that the new calf that survived can bring you just as much or even more joy than your late cow has.

As for insomnia, I'm not sure what could be causing it or if you have had it all your life, but you can try two sites I'll list and see if they can help you. They have some tips about what you could do and what you could take for insomnia.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02037/sleep-aid

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/conditionsitoq/a/Insomnia.htm

I wish the best for you, and I hope everything comes together soon.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That sucks. Unfortunately we live in somewhat rough times. The job market is pretty dry even for people coming out of college.

Sucks about your cow too. We had cows for awhile but I didn't spend much time with them because I knew they were headed to the slaughterhouse in a few months and I didn't want to get attached to them. I love eating meat but I don't wanna meet the animal it came from, you know?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Also Golden Psycho has a Fluttershy train avy, I wouldn't have known that a month ago.
Indeed i do, and god damn its amazing

Job interview didn't really go amazing, I was kinda misled with what the other man thought was true. Only casual work is available, and casual work here is really ****. (as in they'll only give you a set 10-15 hours a week and shorter shifts) Working two jobs is a pain because one of the pays will be taxed at 75%. I was told I would get full time work, but they said they have no positions anymore..

Its just like god gave me a pair of balls, then whacked them really hard to mock me. Its going to be impossible finding fulltime work. They always mislead you by saying, oh we could give you full time, but the second you get serious with them its like "oh we only have casual"...

And what really annoyed me most was my luck, out of the two interviews i had. I was interrupted both times to have some other random girl want to give them their resume.... Man I wanted to kill them... Just **** off, I want this job. UGH >_>.

I just want to make some money, but having only 10-15 hours a week of work doesn't get me much... Most of that ends up going to food and other fees, then I never have a profit =/.

I've been really unlucky this last week.. one of my favorite cows died, and we nearly had another calf die since it wasn't breathing at birth. (it started breathing 5 minutes later though thankgod) I'm also suffering from insomnia, I dont think i've slept more than 2 to 3 hours for the last week. Its really killing me. What next? =/
...that sucks, big time

I think the economy is in such a shoddy state right now that people will grab at anything saying 'full time work' and then get suckered into something casual. i thought i had gotten a full time job, nono, its just till christmas when the guy i replaced recovers from injury :(

The best course of actino would be to show yourself to be so damn awesome at the job that they give you full time work, you can then slack off, cause youre in XD
and sorry about the cow, i shouldnt imagine she was like a pet to you :(

Top Bottom