• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
toasty got assimilated into the facebook void, he said it in the ROB Social group.

Nacker and Ch0zen, you'd know more about what happened to them than I would. D:

I also kind of miss the new people who posted in here for a little bit then left. :(

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Got Cave Story 3D yesterday. It's amazing. I hate the translation, though; the fan-translation is definitely preferable. "HUZZAH!" vs "OH YEAH!" is my main complaint.
My other complaint is that they made the normal mode much easier. My max HP is 74 right now, and I just got out of the Plantation. In the original, the max was 55 if you got the final Life Capsule in Sacred Grounds.
Going through Final Cave (Hidden) for the first time in months. I don't even remember how I made it through with 3HP last year.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Agreed 100%. It also bothers me that they changed Grasstown to Bushlands. I got it the day after launch, but I haven't finished it yet because I took a break to play Super Mario 3D Land (sooo fun, nearly 100%ed it over the weekend).

toasty got assimilated into the facebook void, he said it in the ROB Social group.

Nacker and Ch0zen, you'd know more about what happened to them than I would. D:

I also kind of miss the new people who posted in here for a little bit then left. :(
Last I checked Chozen was in Afghanistan. No idea where Nacker is though.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
^ Win

Got Cave Story 3D yesterday. It's amazing. I hate the translation, though; the fan-translation is definitely preferable. "HUZZAH!" vs "OH YEAH!" is my main complaint.
My other complaint is that they made the normal mode much easier. My max HP is 74 right now, and I just got out of the Plantation. In the original, the max was 55 if you got the final Life Capsule in Sacred Grounds.
Going through Final Cave (Hidden) for the first time in months. I don't even remember how I made it through with 3HP last year.

Yay, you came back :D

And I see. Cave Story seems really good, I'll have to get it one day after I get Twewy. :o

Last I checked Chozen was in Afghanistan. No idea where Nacker is though.
:/ I see, I hope Ch0zen is ok. >.< Maybe Nacker will return someday (anyone got a spare Pokeflute?).

Sudai

Stuff here
I agree with JCZ. It was initially released for free anyway (I think?) so you don't have to feel bad about 'pirating'.

DRAGONBALL GT IS UTTERLY ******** THROUGH THE FIRST ARC. Debating if I want to continue watching it..

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm still trying to figure out why i like the ravens, their kit when i first saw them play looked incredibly boss, so its probably that /shallow

also im going to assume that nacker is giant in all 3 dimensions

dettadeus

Smash Lord
This just ticked me off. I'm doing a Hard Mode run in Cave Story 3D, and it's apparently impossible to do a 3HP run. Curly gives you an extra 2 upon beating her in the Sand Zone.
Judging by the three Life Capsule amounts given in Time Attack mode, I'm guessing the lowest amount of max HP you can complete the game with is 27.
WHY.

Also the above image is win.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I would get a giant poster of that.

And I know what you mean dettadeus. It's the just commercializing influence. Publishers won't let the creators make hard games anymore. Even though there's obviously a market for it (see Demon/Dark Souls, but they also started off very small scale not expecting the success they got).

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Omg, you're back :D

I remember seeing you from some of the first posts of the ROB thread. And your dancing sig was epic (dunno if it's still the same)

Also, yes, MK was banned. Not sure when exactly, but he's out now as far as Unity goes.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Omg, you're back :D

I am. Won't be long before I randomly leave again either. ;D

I remember seeing you from some of the first posts of the ROB thread. And your dancing sig was epic (dunno if it's still the same)
Yes, yes. Dumbo is his name. :)

Also, yes, MK was banned. Not sure when exactly, but he's out now as far as Unity goes.
Sounds like I need to get another copy of the game and a controller, eh?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Hmmm I believe at some point my friend recommended I watch that....I might be inclined to do so now, lol. Won't be for a while, though cuz college apps are a *****, but oh well. How's life been for my fellow robots?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Season 3 is ongoing right now, and the show is ending after this one, so wait until that's done to watch it, imo.

Besides that, school and work, and being sick for 3 weeks. :/

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Maybe so, but regardless getting back into playing wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing...lol At least in a number of months from now I'll be in either Salisbury or College Park so I'll actually be able to regularly attend ****, which in that case it wouldn't matter if he's banned or not. I'd just be glad to have people to play. x.x Always crushin' my hopes, JCz. :p

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Yay for forced 3HP runs. There are some weak enemies in the Sand Zone that do 4 damage, so if I get hit by 1 with 5 HP I go down to 1, then I can collect a heart and be back at three.
Jenka's freaking annoying though, because every time I bring back a dog, she gives me 1 extra HP, so I have to re-do the whole process. :/
Omega was a lot more difficult than I remembered, but I managed to beat him eventually.

Also I've got a (MK banned) tourney this Saturday and I'm going to be using R.O.B., maybe Falco as my backup, and possibly Diddy if I even consider my Diddy to have any MU experience whatsoever (besides just BANANAS EVERYWHERE).
MUs I consistently have difficulty with are Olimar and Marth. The guy I lost to in my last tourney was playing G&W, although I think I learned my lesson (stop rushing at him when he D-airs). Any quick tips for these matchups? I know I can reflect Olimar's pikmin with S-Special if I angle it right and that Gyros are generally Pikmin-rapers when left on the ground. As for Marth, F-Tilt outranging a lot of his attacks is really all I got.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Olimar - His pikmin lose to all of your attacks, so you can just ftilt through them. Unless he grabs. So be careful. You want to stay close to olimar, don't try to outcamp him, you'll lose. Keep the pressure on and if you ever get him offstage try your hardest to convert that into a gimp.

Marth - You want to always try and stay right outside of his range, walk around a lot and keep him on his toes. Don't try for lasers too often except after you get hits in, marth can close the gap between you two very fast and punish you for irresponsible lasers. Also, you guys are pretty much tied in the fair war, so the secret to winning that is to wait for him to jump and fair first, then PS it (if you can, takes some reflexes =p) and jump fair him.

Top Bottom