• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Bees!

Smash Ace
I am the best at my university atm. But that really doesn't mean much most of the people who play roll to get around and dodge attacks.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I'm easily the best at my school.
But then again I go to a school where 90% of people who play video games play Halo and Call of Duty instead of anything remotely Nintendo related. The other 10%... I've practically been teaching them how to play Brawl. And none of them are as good as me because they don't know how to look stuff up for themselves and learn their characters seriously.

Rather empty title, now that I think about it. Maybe placing in -Ran's tourneys will make me feel better.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Better learn how to deal with Toon Link, Peach, Wario, Falco, Snake, Fox and Luigi. You will most likely fight those.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I know the Snake, Falco and Fox MUs fairly well (and I can do a mirror Falco if need be). I'm getting there with Toon Link, and I haven't run into any Peach's, Wario's or Luigi's recently, but I have Peach and Luigi in my secondary list so I know their weaknesses all too well. I'm also working on my Marth, but I'd probably only use him if I run into a Wario I can't beat as R.O.B.

I may as well give up trying to learn the Olimar matchup as R.O.B. considering I have Falco as my backup and that reverses the MU.

One day I'll pull my Jiggs completely out of the blue and kill everyone. One day...

Bees!

Smash Ace
I know the Snake, Falco and Fox MUs fairly well (and I can do a mirror Falco if need be). I'm getting there with Toon Link, and I haven't run into any Peach's, Wario's or Luigi's recently, but I have Peach and Luigi in my secondary list so I know their weaknesses all too well. I'm also working on my Marth, but I'd probably only use him if I run into a Wario I can't beat as R.O.B.

I may as well give up trying to learn the Olimar matchup as R.O.B. considering I have Falco as my backup and that reverses the MU.

One day I'll pull my Jiggs completely out of the blue and kill everyone. One day...
Ya we have a pretty good Peach main here and thanks to me knows the ROBvPeach MU really well. So learn how to deal with Peach. If you need help I could give you some advice as well.(That is probably one of my best MUs.)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Oh right.
Meno.
Almost forgot about him...
I watched a lot of his matches to get my Peach up to speed though, so that could help.

If you're coming to -Ran's weeklies I could ask you then.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Ya we have a pretty good Peach main here and thanks to me knows the ROBvPeach MU really well. So learn how to deal with Peach. If you need help I could give you some advice as well.(That is probably one of my best MUs.)
You have Meno and Peachkid right?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
he was not the best at the university... he was so mad, i laughed
haha, brilliant
i would most likely be the best at my uni whenever i go because im the only smasher in the uk at this age. but im at work at the moment so yeah
i should just move to america dont you agree?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
that your state i assume? sounds good. imma come stay with you. i hope you got a double bed :B
in all seriousness i may end up having a placement year in america with the universiy course im after, so heres to that!
Nah, it's one of the states I could be going to, either there or Arizona. And no, I won't have a double bed open, but I will have an air mattress :)

Good luck with school, and here's to you being placed in the US! We could try to bring as many ROBs together as we can while you're here so there can be a huge ROBfest. :D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Did pretty solid today.
Won teams, got 5/41 or something in singles. I got 1st seed in my pool which equated in bracket to being 3rd seed overall. Had a bye round 1, then played a new Falco on the scene, then a new Snake. These two new players were suprisingly good, and took out normal Smash players prior to playing me, otherwise I believe I would have faced RingOfFire (not the most known person either though) and Gunblade? Something like that. They both a game off me, though I had game 3 in the bag vs both of them. Winners semis was me vs Vinnie. I beat his DDD game 1 is a pretty lulzy match, then at the start of game 2 vs his MK I got a ******** kill on him rly early, and he was at 2 stock 0 to my 3 stock 44%, though he ended up winning. Game 3 he went GaW, and with an early lead, I was bringing it back since he couldn't kill me for like ever. Unfortunately he nabbed some weak lasers in his bucket. I wasn't worried though, or didn't think I should be... When I was fresh on my second stock I accidentally gave him a third and got bucket ohko'd at 0%. I really didn't think 3 weak lasers would kill me at 0%, was pretty shocked. So yea... that happened lol. Then in losers I lost to Cheese's MK.

Oh and I played Pokemon, but didn't win money :/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wow, 3 weak lasers in a bucket is that powerful? with DI included?

Sounds pretty lame.
Yea no chance of survival, it completely caught me off guard. I think I was at 0% too. If I wasn't, I was still in single digits I bet.

@Chibo: Just out of curiosity, who's your teammate and their character?
I teamed with M2K this tourney, ROB MK
It's the first time I've teamed with him in a while though, not a standard thing or anything

Heartstring

Smash Legend
>_>

G~P... your Chu Chu ...

:dazwa:
your salt is showing

Nah, it's one of the states I could be going to, either there or Arizona. And no, I won't have a double bed open, but I will have an air mattress :)

Good luck with school, and here's to you being placed in the US! We could try to bring as many ROBs together as we can while you're here so there can be a huge ROBfest. :D
i see. if i do get to come to america ill try to get placed in a state where i know people, dont want to end up in somewhere that no-one exists in XD

wtf bucket kills at 0 o.O good to know lol
the formula for the bucket in brawl works like this:
E=energy projectile
B=bucket

(E1+E2+E3)x3=B

thats for damage and knockback. although the damage caps at 60%, there is no cap for knockback (the highest knockback in the game is hitting jiggs at 999% with a bucket that was filled with 3 fully charged aura balls from a lucario thats at 182+%)
energy projectiles that do no knockback are given a knockback value based on the damage it would normally do (not including if it was stale or not)
so 3 weak lasers do 5/6% each, meaning that the damage reaches ~50% and the knockback is done accordingly due to the attack not having any knockback, seeing as even falco's lasers will kill very early when bucketed and they do under half the damage that robs do, its not farfetched at all to say it will kill at 0%
im done being mathematic now

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
i see. if i do get to come to america ill try to get placed in a state where i know people, dont want to end up in somewhere that no-one exists in XD

(the highest knockback in the game is hitting jiggs at 999% with a bucket that was filled with 3 fully charged aura balls from a lucario thats at 182+%)
Then Colorado's the place :D

As for that knockback, I must try that now. I have to. First time I've played Brawl in months.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
excellent, i mathed someone into playing brawl again
also the uk community combo video project is up and running, so expect to see me with some swag in a CV soon ^^

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Did pretty solid today.
Won teams, got 5/41 or something in singles. I got 1st seed in my pool which equated in bracket to being 3rd seed overall. Had a bye round 1, then played a new Falco on the scene, then a new Snake. These two new players were suprisingly good, and took out normal Smash players prior to playing me, otherwise I believe I would have faced RingOfFire (not the most known person either though) and Gunblade? Something like that. They both a game off me, though I had game 3 in the bag vs both of them. Winners semis was me vs Vinnie. I beat his DDD game 1 is a pretty lulzy match, then at the start of game 2 vs his MK I got a ******** kill on him rly early, and he was at 2 stock 0 to my 3 stock 44%, though he ended up winning. Game 3 he went GaW, and with an early lead, I was bringing it back since he couldn't kill me for like ever. Unfortunately he nabbed some weak lasers in his bucket. I wasn't worried though, or didn't think I should be... When I was fresh on my second stock I accidentally gave him a third and got bucket ohko'd at 0%. I really didn't think 3 weak lasers would kill me at 0%, was pretty shocked. So yea... that happened lol. Then in losers I lost to Cheese's MK.

Oh and I played Pokemon, but didn't win money :/
What stage/where were you on the stage when you got hit? I find it hard to believe ROB's weak lasers are as strong as Pikachu's Thunder, Ness's fully charged PK Flash, etc.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
It sucks to see Australias scene slowly crumbling. But I cant say why here in fear of people name searching me and giving me more crap.

Deciding on whether its worth sticking around with them any more, or I should leave and just pick up competitive League of Legends instead... rofl.

I hate growing up too, my personality has changed so much from 2008-2009 smash. I used to be so hyper and fun, now I've turned normal and just strange at times. Maybe Its just because its the same bunch of people everytime, and all the awesome people left. Because the melee+brawl community is even now, we just constantly, ALL the time suffer **** from melee players being so rude and hurtful towards our game. I understand the game is bad, but I cant stand it anymore... Theres more factors to this, but I cant openly say them here.

I just wish we could go back to the good old days... But you can only change so much.

Anyway, I dont mean to vent. Sorry everyone... I just couldnt think of a better place. If I did it back in the aussie boards, I'd only get further **** dealt to me

Vinnie

Smash Master
Chibo I naired you before it so you were at 17%, that's why I was sure it would have killed... though I do think it would kill at 0%.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I would love to join =).

I'll probably tell the story later, I have people here now and I kinda feel awkward with them watching over my every move xD
well we're all here to listen to you, i certainly know i feel better trying to help other people feel better.
as for melee players, uk probably doesnt suffer from it as bad as you guys but we still receive hate, and it does hurt
to me, the best method is to counter troll. for example: i carry a salt shaker with me at tournaments now so if a melee person decides to start hating i spray salt in their direction (we take turns in being on salt duty, its good fun) unless its clearly obvious that its simple banter. theyve resolved by doing the same thing if we decide to bash melee (much less common) as so its know at a mutual feeling of respect for taking things in a jokey fashion. i cant say anything like this would work for you though :L

Lol yeah it does. And it combos into itself. So broke.
its one of the few reasons i enjoy using G&W

8Bitman

Smash Master
Hay hay hay. Never really post here, felt like I should start talking an' shee. =P

Top Bottom