• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
That's rough, buddy. To be honest, when Smash 4 does come out, I plan on jumping ship from Brawl to Smash 4, just as I did when I jumped from Melee to Brawl. Plus, with Brawl already advanced in the metagame, and me having decided to wanna play competitively a little too late (okay, way too late), I figured my best chance at being worth a damn in a Smash game is to wait for Smash 4, and then go competitive while the game is still young. That way, I can evolve as the metagame does. Until then, I guess I'll have fun with Brawl while I can, and so should you. Also, if MK is really that bad, then perhaps you should... fight fire with fire? I dunno. XD
I joined brawl a little bit late, but Australia didnt progress that far into the metagame like the US, so I did have time to catch up with everyone sort of. Back before people figured out the broken with mk, the scene did pretty well, usually had around 50ish people per monthly. But after lots of the top players started picking up metaknight, those numbers died rather quickly. We only have a few players that actually play metaknight now, but the problem is nearly everyone pockets one. Its just frustrating because simple brainless moves leaves rob with little options imo lol.

But yes, smash 4 seems to be the way to go for me xD. I dont enjoy playing metaknight really. I just like to play rob, but its impossible to have fun with all the mk spamz.

Welcome back to the ROBdom. :D

Awesome! Nice that you got to sample an epic game, now you know what you can look forward to. :o

Also, the person who told you your opinion was stupid and you were stupid was actually stupid him/herself. That is seriously immature and proves they never bothered to look at both sides of the argument for 5 seconds. The anti MK ban side says he's completely beatable and that it all depends on the player's skill level and MU knowledge. The MK ban side says that in any situation, regardless of the skill level involved, MK's statistics and abilities make him unquestionably broken and unfair in play, especially with money involved. Personally I'm with you on the pro ban, just the fact that he is so far above the rest of the cast in tiers and that the tier list and metagame have been revolving around him for so long (and the usage/winning statistics too) is reason enough for me. Hey, who knows, he might get unbanned, but at the very least it should be seen how this moves forward.

Also, you being on the PR means you are not short of skill in any way. That guy's probably trying to make himself feel better cause he was put down about something. Don't let it get to you, it's only hot air. :p

The reason I guess why they cant understand why my side of the story is mostly because they dont use a character that completely gets dominated by mk, as in losing nearly all options. Maybe if they tried maining rob for 2 years, they'd understand but their counter argument to that was that I suck. Maybe I do, but that doesnt justify why mk shouldn't be banned lol.

But what can I say, this game is a bit broken regardless, I hope to see smash 4 soon.

Thanks for the loves though <3

I just have my feelings hurt pretty easily. I generally suck at sticking up for myself and such, so it annoys me when people take advantage of that :<

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I got to play kirby returns to dreamland at the australian nintendo expereince weekend, its so damn fun! I wanted to steal that wii so I could have the game lol.

Anyway as the the mk ban thing, its probably not looking hopeful in my location. Well I know the other guy who runs the tournaments with me doesn't support the ban. In other words, I'm probably going to quit the game until smash 4. Game just isnt fun when I cant win because of one character hindering me no matter how hard I try... But then again, I probably shouldnt be *****ing too hard since mk would be 100x worse in america. I guess I just feel bad after I was told my opinion for the ban was stupid and that im stupid. yada yada yada.

Game is getting killed for me I guess. lol... I just hate struggling and nearly losing to super scrubby mks. I just struggle to improve.

Theres always shifting to another character, but I love rob too much to abandon him. I guess I'm mostly upset because i've had a certain someone put me down about my skill level with games in general. Also bagging out my ROB aswell.

I guess I can finally start xenoblade since I have my own copy. Woot!

Anyone want some chu chu trains btw? Making the fluttershy one now.
Just move to America, problem solved. :awesome:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
But yes, smash 4 seems to be the way to go for me xD. I dont enjoy playing metaknight really. I just like to play rob, but its impossible to have fun with all the mk spamz.

The reason I guess why they cant understand why my side of the story is mostly because they dont use a character that completely gets dominated by mk, as in losing nearly all options. Maybe if they tried maining rob for 2 years, they'd understand but their counter argument to that was that I suck. Maybe I do, but that doesnt justify why mk shouldn't be banned lol.

But what can I say, this game is a bit broken regardless, I hope to see smash 4 soon.

Thanks for the loves though <3

I just have my feelings hurt pretty easily. I generally suck at sticking up for myself and such, so it annoys me when people take advantage of that :<
inb4Smash4MK=MvC3Sentinel/Phoenix/Dante

And I see :/ The closest MU's for MK are something like 55/45 with Diddy and someone else, and I think Pika too, so if they're good and most MKs are scrubs/pockets for their bad MU's, then I could see that. Also, you definitely don't suck. :p

And I see. >< At least the ROB boards will still be here for you when you need to rant and such :o If we were in Australia, there would be some stuff going down. :)

Just move to America Colorado, problem solved. :awesome:
Right, and fixed :awesome:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
-Ran: Finalizing my tournament schedule tomorrow at work.
*insert two pointless comments*
Steam: let us help come up with a name :D
Me: How about ColoR.O.B.o? :D
Steam: how about no
-Ran: Coming up with a name is hard. D: Nom was easy.
Fun times on the Colorado Smash Facebook page.

Also I'm now the head dev of Super Smash Brothers Crusade, if any of you have heard of it. This should get interesting...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
doo eet detta!
and leisha, the problem is that people arent going to change their mind except through personal experiece (i was the same, i didnt feel he should be banned untill i got pocket mk's in grand finals by someone who's main i destroyed in winners final )
people shouldnt be putting you down for thinking different though, thats just harsh :L but seeing as you're the co-host i suggest you do a 'trial ruleset' with him bnned and then you and your comprade decides how it works from there. even if hes against it he should be up for just one tournament with him banned

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Thought you guys should know that with the advent of MK being completely banned on January 9, I've come back as a R.O.B. main. Will that change at a later time? Hell, if I know, but yeah... I'm back to R.O.B. again. XD
So many people coming back <3

You know for once, Meta-Knight has really helped us bond.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Probably because people had more time to focus on matchups other than MK and realized R.O.B. was uncommon and really difficult to deal with if you don't know him. :p

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Quick question: What are some of the youtube channels of some active ROB mains? I've been out of the smash scene too long to get up to par by simply playing without seeing new stuff done.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
hey, is there anyway i could get a rob train avatar? my "i spin therefore i am" is old

Sudai

Stuff here
There've been a bunch made. Just go to the top of the thread, right below the page numbers. Click 'search this thread' then 'search by user' and then search Leisha. Then you can just scroll for images.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im still waiting on my flutterchuchu. when it comes the world will explode from the sheer concentrated awecuteness of it

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i cannot fathom how, but apparently brainless physical work ends up causing me to have the biggest ******* headache to exist. ****ing how?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Okay!

If anyone wants a chuchu train, make you send me a pm for it. Sometimes I forget about it, thus it gets lost under many pages in this thread. And I'm too lazy to diggg xD.

Top Bottom