• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sup GIMR? I don't remember that ever coming up back when I played Brawl, but I know about it because of Project M. We call it Aerial Glide Tossing and it's actually really useful. That's how Link bomb jumps, for example.

You guys hear? The new Smash is confirmed, coming to both 3DS and WiiU (Project Cafe's release name), and will be cross-compatible (meaning you can use the 3DS as a controller I suppose).

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm kinda wondering how this all will work out. But a lot of the titles for 3DS and some for Wii U (lol) make me want to throw money at Nintendo.

I'll wait on smash until it drops or we get more info on it though. I'm pretty skeptical.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the ideas they have man, i want to work there because they must have access to some pretty good plants if you get me XD

but the new smash was revealed, and i squealed...like a little girl, not an approving gaze from father

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No doubt it will be awful from a competitive standpoint. Sakurai has made it abundantly clear what direction he's taking the series in. But I'm curious nonetheless.

*crosses fingers that WiiU is easy to hack*

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, but yknow, it will be fun at the very least, im making a solid point to not go ape**** at everything that gets changed about brawl for the new release
untill i find ike isnt in there anymore XD

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm hoping that for some reason Nintendo saw how hyped SFIV was and how important it was for Capcom to care about the competetive community

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
*See WiiU*

*Don't care*

I mean, it's nice, but I won't go running out to buy it by any means. Tbh I'd get a 3DS and a 360 before even thinking about the WiiU. It's nice and all but no GC game/controller compat kind of killed it for me. Mad Catz/Intec/somebody, I'm looking at you, hack this plz kthx

Zwarm

Smash Hero
They never said anything for or against there being a GCC port on the system. It's still a possibility.

Either way, I really like the Classic Controller Pro, so I'll survive without a GCC if I need to.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah, the Classic controller is pretty legit.

I'm waiting for the day when they develop a system that is fully backwards compatible with every console game that came before it. Heck, even better, a console that can play all other types of console games. But I know for sure the latter will never happen because companies want $$ and that would be super difficult anyway.

Albeit, even with just a system that is fully backwards compatible, I doubt they'll actually do it :(

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I downloaded the press release notes and it said that it is backwards compatible with Wii games and accessories. Nothing here says anything about Gamecube which is a bad sign

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, wii is compatible with gc remotes, i can only assume they wiiu is the same...i HOPE
either way, i can learn to use a classic pro

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah wtf smashboards...

I'm waiting for the day when they develop a system that is fully backwards compatible with every console game that came before it. Heck, even better, a console that can play all other types of console games.
Psst they already have and it's called a PC

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
it runs, but if you want to output into 1080p you would need a really solid pc, and make some minor tweaks here and there.

give it a google search.
then SNES/NES emu could be found anywhere :D

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Was anyone else really disappointed in the Wii U as I am? Why does it have to be a stupid handheld? -_- thats what the ****ing 3ds is for >_>. There goes nintendo crushing my dreams again. I was hoping they were goong to have a normal controller, but no. Sightendo.

Well at least the 3ds games look good, but having smash on a console is a fail idea -o-

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I am withholding judgement until I see it in action in a complete game designed with it in mind.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
not really. i was expecting the wiiu to be something way off the norm. same with the wii when it was announced.

i just hope that nintendo have good 3rd party games. no more imagine babyz

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm withholding judgement somewhat, but for some reason it just struck me as "meh." There is a lot more hope now, though, since I heard the demos included a lot more mature games, so the standard for fighting games might be PS3, 360, and WiiU instead of just PS3/360 since WiiU got the graphics update.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Dazwa linked me to this...

http://www.andriasang.com/blog/2011/06/09/iwata_asks_smash_bros/

Here's what we know:

The game will have Sakurai at the helm. The game seems to be porting over the general basics of Brawl. No GCN controller port. They want to try and develop some sort of 'experience' based system, and it will also have some sort of character customization. Sakurai does, however, appear to want to relatively appease more hardcore gamers (in relation to his utter dismissal of them for Brawl), and wants to recruit people familiar with the technical aspects of previous Smash games. (Please, for the love of God, Sakurai, give M2K a job already!)

Needless to say, I'm holding my breath before saying anything, as we know approximately NOTHING at this point.

On another note:

Leisha, there is still an actual system with the WiiU. They just haven't outright unveiled it yet. Since there were games demoed that show Wiimotes being used in conjunction with the WiiU Controller, I'm assuming that though there is no GCN controller backwards capability, there is Wii backwards capability.

Also, to be honest, the WiiU controller looks more conventional than a Wiimote. It looks like it'll hurt your hands after 20 minutes and you'll likely need to be a body builder to keep it up with any consistency, but really it looks almost like an XBOX Original Controller to me. Or a Dreamcast Controller. That works too.

That's not to say I'm not disappointed. Nintendo's smartest move at this point would have been for Cafe to be a balls-to-the-wall gaming behemoth. While Sony and Microsoft are busy trying to innovate on Nintendo's outside-the-box zeitgeist, Nintendo brings it right back to the box and creates a system with a regular controller that outshines anything their competitors could do.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I'm just hoping this fate turns around into better news eventuality. As for now, I'm not happy.

Edit: oh I missed your post Hab. You do make some great points. I'll try not to be super negative and hope for the best =)

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The controller looks more like an entire Dreamcast.

Nintendo has a long and storied history of using old cheap hardware in new innovative ways. The Wii 2 was never going to be a huge powerhouse. I'm just glad it's HD. And honestly, beyond that, I don't really care about the power that much.

You know what took me by surprise? I was extremely indifferent to the new Kid Icarus game, but I just watched the 3D trailer for it on my 3DS and wow, I gotta say, it looks like it might be pretty damn good. There's some kind of vaguely Dissidia-ish multiplayer game too. Maybe that's not the right analogy. Just a very open-looking 3D fighter (kinda like Smash if it was 3D and only had 1 character but different weapons to choose from). Actually, maybe Metroid Prime: Hunters is a better analogy, but with more of a focus on CQC. Either way, color me interested.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Dazwa linked me to this...

http://www.andriasang.com/blog/2011/06/09/iwata_asks_smash_bros/

Here's what we know:

The game will have Sakurai at the helm. The game seems to be porting over the general basics of Brawl. No GCN controller port. They want to try and develop some sort of 'experience' based system, and it will also have some sort of character customization. Sakurai does, however, appear to want to relatively appease more hardcore gamers (in relation to his utter dismissal of them for Brawl), and wants to recruit people familiar with the technical aspects of previous Smash games. (Please, for the love of God, Sakurai, give M2K a job already!)

Needless to say, I'm holding my breath before saying anything, as we know approximately NOTHING at this point.

On another note:

Leisha, there is still an actual system with the WiiU. They just haven't outright unveiled it yet. Since there were games demoed that show Wiimotes being used in conjunction with the WiiU Controller, I'm assuming that though there is no GCN controller backwards capability, there is Wii backwards capability.

Also, to be honest, the WiiU controller looks more conventional than a Wiimote. It looks like it'll hurt your hands after 20 minutes and you'll likely need to be a body builder to keep it up with any consistency, but really it looks almost like an XBOX Original Controller to me. Or a Dreamcast Controller. That works too.

That's not to say I'm not disappointed. Nintendo's smartest move at this point would have been for Cafe to be a balls-to-the-wall gaming behemoth. While Sony and Microsoft are busy trying to innovate on Nintendo's outside-the-box zeitgeist, Nintendo brings it right back to the box and creates a system with a regular controller that outshines anything their competitors could do.
Wait... you haven't seen the actual system yet? Here's a video of it right here. http://kotaku.com/5810084/this-is-the-wii-u-console-in-my-ink+stained-hands

It for sure doesn't have GCN backwards compatibility. And I heard the controller actually feels very natural when you hold it... somehow.

I definitely agree with you though, Nintendo stepped it up.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I know, Zwarm, you can see it in the background of the promo video, too. But it hasn't been officially unveiled, which means its not definite in design yet.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i for one, for absolutely blown away by the entire thing. im not really one for the whole interactive gaming thing. but that looked absolutely amazing. i will be buying it on release

also, there will be no gc compatability with the WiiU. but all wii controllers are. so CC and CCpro are an option. but i think the possibility of wired remotes is out the window. not sure how i feel about this.

the mention of the new smash bros game made me squeal out loud, got a dissaproving look from father, but **** him im excited.

So im the coming year or so, i will need to buy a 3ds, a WiiU, both smash bros iterations and skyward sword. looks like i need to quit college and get a full time job XD

Top Bottom