• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I know right? I don't like actually fighting as him that much because he's so bad, but I love moving around the stage with him. So fun.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I played through the first level. Interesting gimmick, but not a particularly fun one (made the boss fight feel like a chore). Surprisingly well made though, nice music/graphics and stuff

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Yeah that's true, he didn't want Brawl to be competitive, hence random tripping. Stupidest idea ever.

I just hope it doesn't go back to being exactly like Melee. Like it has its good qualities but I prefer Brawl so yeah... I think a combination if the two would be cool though.

:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I think the best game for everyone would be like older builds of Brawl+, combos, but not as much emphasis on tech skill like in Melee. L-cancelling should come back though, Brawl+ was too easy.

I think jcaes is just saying that because I distinctly recall him saying once that he sucks at l-cancelling

Just sayin brah

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No I'm just saying L-canceling doesn't really add anything to the game other than a mindless technical barrier. Not like, say, wavedashing, which adds actual depth to the gameplay.

I think jcaes is just saying that because I distinctly recall him saying once that he sucks at l-cancelling

Just sayin brah

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
But he probably got better at lcanceling. I mean look at that ROB--- I mean Link:M. It *****!

That game is pretty cool, Chibo. I also met some Starcraft vVv players coming in for MLG Columbus at the airport yesterday while I was working, they were pretty cool.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I think the best game for everyone would be like older builds of Brawl+, combos, but not as much emphasis on tech skill like in Melee. L-cancelling should come back though, Brawl+ was too easy.
I agree with this.

And Sapphire P:M is just unnecessary so no.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I disagree. It adds plenty of depth. Ever played Smash 64? That game would have no depth without Z-cancelling. It's required for almost all combos. It's not even a technical barrier, imo, it's just something people should have to practice if they want to get good at the game. It's not even that hard to do. Before I played Melee competitively I was L-cancelling everything without even thinking about it. (I played a lot of 64 though)

Don't get me wrong, I love wavedashing, but the odds of developers bringing back that kind of airdodge after seeing what we were able to do with it is slim to none.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The site was down. It's back up now. Try again Starturds.

I disagree. It adds plenty of depth. Ever played Smash 64? That game would have no depth without Z-cancelling. It's required for almost all combos. It's not even a technical barrier, imo, it's just something people should have to practice if they want to get good at the game.
I like how you said it's not a technical barrier and then gave the definition of a technical barrier :p What exactly does L-canceling accomplish that simply reducing the lag doesn't, apart from making the game harder for newcomers?

I'd like to mention that I do actually support L-canceling in Project M. I'm just not going to pretend that it exists for any reason other than to make the game harder.

On a related note, my crew is doing a Project M livestream tonight if any of you want to watch :D
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jcaesar-brawl

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah well... Shh.

Look at how Brawl is though. Low level players can just pick up MK and beat mid level players because there's no technical barrier at all. L-canceling sets apart low and mid level players, so I still think it's necessary.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Loool, cute hat Leisha. :)

Also, I love your shirt. Yoshi's the best. :D

Yeah everyone at work is jealous of my Yoshi jumper xD

Leisha is adorable.

This is me in a Bidoof hat:
Manly doof <3

And if a new smash comes out, I kinda agree with giving smash a bit more depth than brawl did. But not too technical like melee, I just couldn't get into the game. (But I guess it didnt help being 8 years behind in the metagame, therefore killed any motivation to play it competitive)

Yeah well... Shh.

Look at how Brawl is though. Low level players can just pick up MK and beat mid level players because there's no technical barrier at all. L-canceling sets apart low and mid level players, so I still think it's necessary.

I had this happen to me at the last major I went to. Part of it was my fault though, I did choke pretty bad. But I know new players that pick up mk then play me after little practice, they can nearly beat me already :/.

Just makes me feel my effort is going to waste sometimes, or im just a horrible player maybe. But I'll never rage quit a match, ill fight to the end.

Just hope this new smash isnt really disappointing, and if rob gets in I hope hes not bad this time. xD

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I tried giving that game a go. Turned out I didn't like it after a while, found it way too hard and stuff. :/ Probably lost motivation aswell since my bf kept owning me at it constantly xD, but he actually would practice, so it made sense.

I'm getting my hopes way too high for this new smash, I better calm down since it probably wont happen this early on. Maybe in a couple of years.... When I'll probably be too old to be allowed into the scene anymore. =/

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I had this happen to me at the last major I went to. Part of it was my fault though, I did choke pretty bad. But I know new players that pick up mk then play me after little practice, they can nearly beat me already :/.

Just makes me feel my effort is going to waste sometimes, or im just a horrible player maybe. But I'll never rage quit a match, ill fight to the end.

Just hope this new smash isnt really disappointing, and if rob gets in I hope hes not bad this time. xD
I've had this happen to me a few times, actually. It's REALLLLLY frustrating. I agree, it makes me feel like all the effort I put into the game was a complete waste. :(

Top Bottom