• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, the buffer is awesome. Some moves have less buffer though, it seems like. Like Ammy's Bluesword form can do L > M > H > QCF L > L > M > A (maybe more QCF L here) but the buffer on QCF L > L seemed to be far smaller making it a pain in the *** to link. So I tend to just stick to L > M > A > Air combo with her. D:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh christ, i jsut work out the combo';s in my head, i dont like lernin from words XD
besides i have no idea, i use zero, hulk and either tron/dormammu

Sudai

Stuff here
I learn the combos like that because it makes it much easier to transition from controller to controller, with the added benefit of being able to talk about it on forums like this. :o

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah, I'm mostly visual too, but the PS3 ver of MvC3 makes you learn how to use moves and what buttons you need, because most of the moves require turning your stick / pressing arrows in a certain combination x.x I hear the 360 version is a lot easier, though. Looking forward to playing that sometime soon.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oddly enough, no full circles (or 360's lul)
the xbox remote is much worse than the ps3 one, the motion are harder to pull of on that remote. i would get a fight stick, but they have none with an octagonal border anywhere near me, so meh

if i spent a ton of time thinknig about it, i could put the stuff down im looking for in combo;s on here
like, tron f+M jump cancelled into M>H>S. i can never get the jump cancel timing correct

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i get it, but i get jammed in the corners when trying to do a qcf
plus i dont own a fight stick, and i dont plan on buying one really
octagonal all the way though, cause that way i can actively feel what section the control is

So guys, I've been contemplating this for a long while now. I want to play BB and MvC, but I don't know whether to get ps3 or 360. On one hand, ps3 has free online, but, you know, and on the other, 360 has reliable, purchased online. Wat do? the ps3's gonna be getting the last guardian tho

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
riding the gate is a bad habit. dont do that. it makes your movement slow.

oh. wells. just telling you your options that is all.

@trds: how about this. asides from BB/MVC3 what other games are you gonna play?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So guys, I've been contemplating this for a long while now. I want to play BB and MvC, but I don't know whether to get ps3 or 360. On one hand, ps3 has free online, but, you know, and on the other, 360 has reliable, purchased online. Wat do? the ps3's gonna be getting the last guardian tho
I say PS3, I use my PS3 for fighting games. I find it a lot better than 360, especially if you don't plan on getting a fight stick. PS3 pad > 360 for fighters, plus the internet is free, and not much worse than Live.

riding the gate is a bad habit. dont do that. it makes your movement slow.

oh. wells. just telling you your options that is all.

@trds: how about this. asides from BB/MVC3 what other games are you gonna play?
Ehhh... I actually hadn't given that much thought. Not many other games look too appealing.

Yeah, I figured as much, which is why I am in this dilemma in the first place. I've been leaning toward the ps3 though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
although i dont think the brand new xbox it like this, but xbox's typically like to break. the red rings of death are a bit famous considering what it is

also, i know im not meant to ride the corner, but in every game i play im either in neutral position or on the border XD i guess ill stop over time, ive just gotten used to octagonal borders due to the gamecube pad

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Anyone watching E3 for nintendo?

I want to watch it, but it starts at 2 am here and i have work at 9am.... (I'd have to be willing to sacrifice sleep... blegh)

-sigh for being in austrfailia-

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nintendo starts at 5pm for me, so ill have to eat dinner at the computer i think. although i keep getting messages about its virtual memory being too low or something
does anyone know how to fix this?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
nintendo starts at 5pm for me, so ill have to eat dinner at the computer i think. although i keep getting messages about its virtual memory being too low or something
does anyone know how to fix this?
Restart your comp. You've probably left it on too long and now your programs are nomming too much CPU XP

Anyone watching E3 for nintendo?

I want to watch it, but it starts at 2 am here and i have work at 9am.... (I'd have to be willing to sacrifice sleep... blegh)

-sigh for being in austrfailia-
D: Maybe ask someone to record it for you? Either way, you can just watch it on Youtube after it's over I'm sure :o

I plan to get all my info about E3 second hand a week after it's all over, like every year. lol
Me too, lmao XD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well due to the huge popularity of the DS and the rough start for the 3DS, that probably won't be for a long time. Same situation as PS2/PS3. They still release new PS2 games.

I'm glad I got mine even though I don't play any 3DS games on it. I gave my old DS Lite to my sister and now we can play DQ9 together. I've really gotten back into that game. There's hardly been a day since I got my 3DS that I haven't played DQ9 for at least an hour. By far the most time I've put into an RPG ... ever.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sold your DS before DQ9 came out? Man that's gotta suck. The classic ones are on DS now too, 4, 5, and 6, and they are all spectacular RPGs. 5 and 6 in particular are among the best in the series and this is their first official American release.

Funny story actually: I was looking for DQ5 a few months after its release and it was going for like $70 minimum on Amazon. I was like WTF??? Apparently it had a limited print run because they weren't sure if the American audience would like it (which I don't understand at all since DQ5 is the most popular DQ title in DQ-loving Japan and easily has one of the best and most sincere heartfelt stories in any RPG I've ever played).

A friend of mine had gotten it at launch and I asked him if he would sell it to me. He said ok and sold it to me for $30, but couldn't find the case (still seemed like a steal compared to current prices and luckily he didn't know how rare it was). Less than a week later there was a reprint and Amazon was selling it for $30 again, brand new with cases and everything. FFFFFFFFFFF! So I think I'm gonna buy it again and give the other cartridge to someone.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
DQ8, which is endearingly named Jessica Quest 8 by friends and I, has been here for a while (came out the same year around the same time as Suikoden V) and I own it. It's pretty great. You should get your hands on it too JCeas.

Came out on PS2.

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Damn straight! A bunch of us in MD/VA play it. I'm the farthest into it, got a couple of the legacy bosses (Nimzo and Dhoulmagus) into the 80s. ****'s freakin insane though, and they're just mid-tier legacy bosses. I can't imagine how difficult Estark and Nokturnus are gonna be :urg:

DQ8, which is endearingly named Jessica Quest 8 by friends and I, has been here for a while (came out the same year around the same time as Suikoden V) and I own it. It's pretty great. You should get your hands on it too JCeas.

Came out on PS2.

:phone:
Played it a couple years ago. Yeah it was solid, but honestly I feel it's pretty average for a Dragon Quest game in terms of gameplay and story (certainly not bad, but the series has a few games in the running for "Best RPG ever made" and that's not one of them imo). It's probably the slowest-paced DQ game too as far as the battles go, even though it blows away any Final Fantasy game since FF6. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous though and the characters are definitely interesting and well-designed.

Top Bottom