• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chu Dat's DOJO Yellow Belt Results

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Seems like people just want to ***** and moan about something.

Stop johning.

If it isn't infinites then its MK, if it isn't MK then is planking, if it isn't planking then its chain grabs, if it isn't chain grabs then its some other stupid thing that people just whine about.

Man up. No MK in the top 3, one MK in the top 8, and MK is supposedly broken. No johns.

Man up. Meep is the ONLY IC that places on the EC and he does so with skill. People him take him to all the stupid stages where his infinites aren't worth crap and he still wins. No johns.

Man up. Dewdadash got 17th! I even wall locked his D3 on Defino. Let me know when those infinites somehow make a difference, because I didn't hear or see Atomsk doing them and yet he got top 4.

The moral of the story is: no johns.

The second moral is: why the hell are people complaining about a tournament they didn't even GO to?

---

I do concur that this venue sucked balls and was not worth anywhere close to the $10 the owner got. Might as well have gone to C3, where at least we wouldn't be sweating the whole day. I mean, seriously, this owner got like $500 from us in one day. When does he EVER see that amount of money in a single day for doing absolutely zero work (except clean up maybe)? Answer: never.

I think this was the first time I actually didn't care about how I did at a tournament because I knew that I wouldn't be able to stay even IF I somehow made it into the top 3. Not to mention the times I did play were...less than ideal because of sweaty hands (which seemed to have effected just about everyone). cramped. crowded. no friendly time. hot.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Chillin how was SFIV? I missed you and azen, hopefully you guys will be at chu's biweekly/be down for a fest at chu's place this week or next.

chillindude829

Smash Master
it was really fun, turnout wasnt as good as i hoped but there were still like a good 30 ppl. i got 9th, but i knew i wasnt gonna place in the money so it was more about seeing how i stack up and where i can improve. most importantly my tourney matches were actually enjoyable which hasnt happened in brawl in a while

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Lol allow one infinite then allow them all, gtfo with that harder to do argument, its craps.

D3 infinities are going to be legal to 200 for all circuit events from what I understand cause it's stupid to change it when it was allowed at this and c3, that's like all of a sudden taking Yoshi's off random, it's not fair.

In other news I played horrid in singles, gg all.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Every infinite in the game should be legal. An infinite is an infinite. It doesn't matter how much skill one takes to perform, relative to another.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Which one of you nikkaz play call of duty im in the mood for it.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace

Stop johning.

If it isn't infinites then its MK, if it isn't MK then is planking, if it isn't planking then its chain grabs, if it isn't chain grabs then its some other stupid thing that people just whine about.

Man up. No MK in the top 3, one MK in the top 8, and MK is supposedly broken. No johns.

Man up. Meep is the ONLY IC that places on the EC and he does so with skill. People him take him to all the stupid stages where his infinites aren't worth crap and he still wins. No johns.

Man up. Dewdadash got 17th! I even wall locked his D3 on Defino. Let me know when those infinites somehow make a difference, because I didn't hear or see Atomsk doing them and yet he got top 4.

The second moral is: why the hell are people complaining about a tournament they didn't even GO to?
You're right, I hate johns.

I do concur that this venue sucked balls and was not worth anywhere close to the $10 the owner got. Might as well have gone to C3, where at least we wouldn't be sweating the whole day. I mean, seriously, this owner got like $500 from us in one day. When does he EVER see that amount of money in a single day for doing absolutely zero work (except clean up maybe)? Answer: never.

I think this was the first time I actually didn't care about how I did at a tournament because I knew that I wouldn't be able to stay even IF I somehow made it into the top 3. Not to mention the times I did play were...less than ideal because of sweaty hands (which seemed to have effected just about everyone). cramped. crowded. no friendly time. hot.
Seriously how the **** are you gonna come in and talk like you're gonna get near top 3 in anything and then fail and just john. Step it up to MD/VA standards.

BMX

Smash Lord

Stop johning.

I completely agree. GG, Alpha.

Whoa, WTF happened?! Johns? Phail, dood.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good **** meep.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
..man wtf is juice? SonicMaster better luck next time. I'll avenge you.

Also it looks like there was some good competition here. I shouldn't have missed it.

ATHF We gonna take over. **** is getting real out here now. No more playing around.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I like how the people who john a lot are saying no johns, nice

i won't be at a brawl tournament till the next circuit event (which I am working on determining today)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
MD/VA too good NJ go home!! lol shoutouts later. u guys are wayyy too chill

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I hate when people ***** but the DDD infinite sounds and looks really gay, lol!!

At least the IC infinite almost makes me pee my pants everytime I see it.

The DDD infinite has the fat **** looking all happy sitting on people over and over again by pressing the same buttons. It looks so gay. I just hate how DDD smiles at you while doing it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I hate when people ***** but the DDD infinite sounds and looks really gay, lol!!

At least the IC infinite almost makes me pee my pants everytime I see it.

The DDD infinite has the fat **** looking all happy sitting on people over and over again by pressing the same buttons. It looks so gay. I just hate how DDD smiles at you while doing it.
Thats what makes it even better

+1 to ics awesomeness for winning this.

Cause were taking over, 1 tourney at a time! XD

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Lol allow one infinite then allow them all, gtfo with that harder to do argument, its craps.

D3 infinities are going to be legal to 200 for all circuit events from what I understand cause it's stupid to change it when it was allowed at this and c3, that's like all of a sudden taking Yoshi's off random, it's not fair.

In other news I played horrid in singles, gg all.
Agreed if you allow ICs infinites you have to allow D3s and Yoshi's infinites looool

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Seriously how the **** are you gonna come in and talk like you're gonna get near top 3 in anything and then fail and just john. Step it up to MD/VA standards.
Whoa, those weren't johns - I lost. Period. I hated how I lost but EVERYONE had the play under those same conditions, so clearly I can't make an excuse there.

Also I did get top three in doubles.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva

Stop johning.

I agree completely with every word of this. each situation has its own unique flaws and such, and I've always said that in this case, either you ban both, or allow both. they are two roads that lead to the same destination, and both are "gay". not only that people are proving that it is not needed and win without it so your excuses aren't enough to vailidate your loss, placements or disgust with rules that you guys should have known about before even reaching the venue. dont go if something so small affects your psyche, especially if you dont know how to counter pick and the concept of "don't get grabbed."

Ban both, or allow both. the end.

@ Gimr and SM5: what the heck happened?

Staco

Smash Champion
Does any1 know the results of Grand Finals?
Close matches?
Will there be some vids, soon?

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't so much the doing it [the DDD infinite] that was gay as hell.

It was the letting poor vist blindly go into the match thinking the infinite was banned. If you hear someone get wrong information, CORRECT THEM. All Dew did was give himself an unfair advantage. And he was slimy about it.

Also, Tant, I played Bowser, DK, and Olimar. Mostly Bowser though.

swordgard

Smash Hero
It wasn't so much the doing it [the DDD infinite] that was gay as hell.

It was the letting poor vist blindly go into the match thinking the infinite was banned. If you hear someone get wrong information, CORRECT THEM. All Dew did was give himself an unfair advantage. And he was slimy about it.

Also, Tant, I played Bowser, DK, and Olimar. Mostly Bowser though.
The infinite should only work at high % either way because he needs 1 headbutt every time or move decay kicks in.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Judge: sniff...our streaks end at 5 and 6 (yours). Oh well, this is just motivation to start a new streak at Genesis/EVO for us. My place-in-the-money streak though is still going though...at 13 tournaments in a row.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Leaf used Pika......? He told me he was gonna use Sheik and Fox...ya know his mains? lol W/e then XD

Nice results :) Idk who ****** is, but step it up and rep R.O.B. harder.

meepxzero

Smash Master
wow so many people posted lol.... Yea i think DDD infinite is stupid but i guess i cant really argue. Not just cuz its easier but because it pretty much creates 0-100 match ups favoring DDD. He lives forever so its really easy to land one grab and win. The only 0-100 match up ic has is against ganondorf.

I may infinite people but like every match i play with boss is always still close cuz he can avoid my grab so easily and i easily *** up my cgs on luigi.

our region is so light on rule sets, but its cuz a lot of us have pride when we play and dont do any of the illegal ****. Id hate to beat someone i couldnt beat at another tourney.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
LOL I got ***** by PS in winners, then my controller f***ed up when I was recovering against TKO, but ggs guys, btw

Is it Im just short for a 13 year old or everyone there is tall?

AND IT WAS MY FIRST TOURNEY also thanks PS for teaching me never to use Fox against Olimar irl

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
so.. what did i learn from this tourny? i can bet ADHD... but didn't, i still can't beat atomsk, atomsk is a d!ck... next time boss fails at making teams... i'm charging him lmao, you people sux against wifi mk's XD and... i get 5th one more ****ing tourny..... i'm using mk haha

SOVAman

Smash Hero
LOL I got ***** by PS in winners, then my controller f***ed up when I was recovering against TKO, but ggs guys, btw

Is it Im just short for a 13 year old or everyone there is tall?

AND IT WAS MY FIRST TOURNEY also thanks PS for teaching me never to use Fox against Olimar irl
No height johns

Top Bottom