• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chu Dat's DOJO Yellow Belt Results

KBM

Smash Ace
Yo, I can't believe I just skimmed 17 pages of completel bull **** and my-****-is-bigger-than-yours in a TOURNAMENT RESULTS thread. (I just ctrl F'd "KBM" in the last 5 pages...)

Inui, you were right, everybody knows it including Hova, posting essays about it isn't changing anything.

ANYWAY, I had a lot of fun at this thing, even though it was sweaty. Shoutouts:

Atomsk: Good to finally meet you, you're a fun guy. idk if he even checks this thread but w/e
ADHD: You act exactly like my diddy-main friend from Florida. It was honestly scary seeing how similar you are to him. Maybe it's a diddy thing, idk. Either way, great hanging with you.
Alphazealot: I was so nervous that i completely forgot to counterpick XD I got a really strong Falco as a secondary and totally forgot about him in the midst of the **** you were giving me.
Sanoscy: You are not good, I hate you.
ChuDat: Always wanted to meet you, you're as cool as I thought you'd be.

Also

Whoa, ChuDat is never inconsistent with his looks. He consistently spends an hour on his hair pre-tournament every tournament.

And his hair looks hot.

no homo.
this.

edited for serious typos >_>;

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ROFL@olimar players ever saying people aren't good as if anyone can't just pick their character and do exactly what they do.

here's the anatomy of an olimar:

0-10%- Grab-->fair or Grab-->usmash--> uair (sometimes hitting, if not it doesnt hurt anything to try!)

30-80%- throw out pikmin and camp with run away grabs. if people get frustrated and hit your shield punish accordingly.

80%+- upsmash

wow ur so talented!!! looooooool

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ROFL@olimar players ever saying people aren't good as if anyone can't just pick their character and do exactly what they do.

here's the anatomy of an olimar:

0-10%- Grab-->fair or Grab-->usmash--> uair (sometimes hitting, if not it doesnt hurt anything to try!)

30-80%- throw out pikmin and camp with run away grabs. if people get frustrated and hit your shield punish accordingly.

80%+- upsmash

wow ur so talented!!! looooooool
lmao

It's so true.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
as much as its easy to play olimar

its about 384093284084938402x easier to play mk LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

mk mains cant talk b.c EVERYONE can do what they do
Maybe, but I don't claim that MK is some difficult character and I still use Snake (and recently Ike) the same amount, if not more, in singles.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
haha......b/c i dont practice mk at all.....amazing that i can even do that much mk w/o even playing that character LOL...thats how easy it is
The game itself is just easy, dude. I don't even practice my mains anymore. I just use Ike and Ganondorf in friendlies. I also became a top MK in literally two weeks of practice.

Unless you main Ice Climbers, ZSS, or Diddy Kong...you have no room to talk about "needing practice" or whatever. Seriously. Those are the only characters that require more than the most basic amount of technical skill or practice.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
The game itself is just easy, dude. I don't even practice my mains anymore. I just use Ike and Ganondorf in friendlies. I also became a top MK in literally two weeks of practice.

Unless you main Ice Climbers, ZSS, or Diddy Kong...you have no room to talk about "needing practice" or whatever. Seriously. Those are the only characters that require more than the most basic amount of technical skill or practice.
well if you wanna place high for once in a big tournament with alot of good ppl your not gonna do it w/o practice dont matter who your main is

Inui

Banned via Warnings
well if you wanna place high for once in a big tournament with alot of good ppl your not gonna do it w/o practice dont matter who your main is
"For once"? Do you mean to imply that I can't place high in hard tournaments and never have? I definitely have many times and definitely can, I just...clearly despise singles, so I don't put in the effort (including singles practice, so perhaps you're partially right).

I don't practice my MK or Snake much in doubles (once again, I typically use Ike and Ganondorf in friendlies), but I still win in doubles all the time. It's because this game is simple. Once you learn Brawl itself, with the exception of the three characters mentioned earlier, actively practicing them isn't really needed and doesn't do a lot. Just look at Omni and Atomsk. Neither of them ever really practice their mains or practice in general, yet they're always winning or doing well.

chillindude829

Smash Master
practice in brawl is just to learn habits and sh*t like that so that you can deal with them easier in a tourney situation

its not really necessary but it does help, its just not as rewarding to practice in brawl as in other games

KBM

Smash Ace
Yo, Plank, chill, it was a joke. I screwed up something serious in my match against Sanoscy right when i was about to win. No johns, it would just be an inside joke if he saw my post.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i am not worked up, simply seeing an olimar play makes my blood boil though.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
"For once"? Do you mean to imply that I can't place high in hard tournaments and never have? I definitely have many times and definitely can, I just...clearly despise singles, so I don't put in the effort (including singles practice, so perhaps you're partially right).

I don't practice my MK or Snake much in doubles (once again, I typically use Ike and Ganondorf in friendlies), but I still win in doubles all the time. It's because this game is simple. Once you learn Brawl itself, with the exception of the three characters mentioned earlier, actively practicing them isn't really needed and doesn't do a lot. Just look at Omni and Atomsk. Neither of them ever really practice their mains or practice in general, yet they're always winning or doing well.
but then imagine how good omni and atomsk would be if they did practice

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Wow I got so bored that I decided to read the first 8 pages, pure johns was it really that bad? I agree with AZs statement though, if d3 bothers you guys then find a character that can't be infinited.

If you're playing someone like lain who is a beast with dedede and ics, get tips from ally hes beaten lain nuff times.

Or camp d airs like crazy with mk, can't expect chu to warrant a ban on infinites with all the d3 mains there.

meepxzero

Smash Master
i mean you have to practice a **** load to get to the next level in brawl... Watching neo and m2k play is amazing. Cuz there so good at reading the best options.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I used to pretty much vehemently oppose DDD's infinites, and while I'm still against them, like I said before, I think the gentleman's rule is the best possible option. It's win/win on both sides of the issue.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
It really wouldn't make that much of a difference, but you're partially correct...
no its COMPLETELY correct....how can you say practice doesnt make you better?? it does and it does ALOT...i mean just look at m2k...just look at neo

i dont even need examples its OBVIOUS that practice makes ppl better...dont give me that "partially" crap just b/c you cant admit your wrong

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Wow I got so bored that I decided to read the first 8 pages, pure johns was it really that bad? I agree with AZs statement though, if d3 bothers you guys then find a character that can't be infinited.

If you're playing someone like lain who is a beast with dedede and ics, get tips from ally hes beaten lain nuff times.

Or camp d airs like crazy with mk, can't expect chu to warrant a ban on infinites with all the d3 mains there.
D3s infinite is just a programming oversight that is already banned at 90 something percent of tournies

9thorlower

Banned via Warnings
moar like brawl is a programming oversight that's banned at 90% of west coast tourneys m i rite

9thorlower

Banned via Warnings
lmao olimar is just the epitome of gay. like what a stupid looking character seriously. the fact that such a ***tastic character is so good annoys me. u guys remember the "peach theory" in melee?

same goes for olimar players in brawl.

Lobos

Smash Master

Unless you main Ice Climbers, ZSS, Toon Link,or Diddy Kong...you have no room to talk about "needing practice" or whatever. Seriously. Those are the only characters that require more than the most basic amount of technical skill or practice.
Only because lack of practice for 1-2 weeks and I mess up alot of ATs :dizzy:

9thorlower

Banned via Warnings
TOON LINK AT'S? ROFL!

you mean like the one where he throws the boomerang? and the one where throws the bomb? and the one where he shoots the arrow? And the one where he does all 3 of those in a random order?

such a hard character to play -_- i guess that quick draw crap is considered "hard" though

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
its more about stage selection with TL and learning how to play really gay in order to win with a ****ty char

Top Bottom