• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christmas with the North Carolina Smash Family 12/18 ~ 12/19, Josh's house!!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
NC smashers:

NC has been getting a stupid amount of hate, and most of it is from within NC. i really don't approve of this, and a lot of the hate that has occurred is solely from the boards. i personally do not value the boards as a legitimate evaluation of the status of my friendship with anyone because behind a computer screen, people tend to only reveal a specific parts of themselves, and for most people this adds up to something that isn't nearly as appealing as seeing them in person.

with that being said, if any of you thought i was a troll, i'd like to officially state that i am (perhaps indefinitely) done trolling people on these boards (NC threads). although i starkly disagree with people taking this internet **** seriously, i understand how it's necessary for some people that they do, and also how my differing treatment of this site can cause negative energy to carry over into real life, where **** matters. usually when there are tournaments, whatever stemmed from the boards can be cut off, and it goes straight to how people's moods are at the time, which is good and i'm good at making that happen if i think there could be a problem, but when there aren't tourneys (and there haven't been in forever) this is how we all stay connected, and there's no reason for me to treat this place any differently than how i would if i was with you physically. so if anyone has been hurt by me deliberately attempting to make them feel bad because of how stupid i thought it was that they could feel bad over internet crap to begin with: i'm sorry, and i'm going to stop. one must respect people's convictions, and most importantly my perspective on this place is far too much of a minority for this to work out between me and the rest of you (but especially some key people who are very important to be and who i disregard like an *******). i apologize again.

which reminds me.... keith, i suggest you STOP doing what you do (im talking about trolling here) and LEGITIMATELY RETIRE because you seriously HURT CERTAIN PEOPLE who have assisted you greatly in the past and just don't deserve this treatment and don't have the heart to tell you that you are seriously depressing them and making them hopeless towards improving the interconnections of this group of people we have in the NC smash community.

i'm sorry to call you out, but there's a time and place for trash talk and it should remain within the competitive spirit of smash, and not just trolling people and destroying threads making everyone feel like crap. i've done this way too much, and so have you. it's time to stop being a child and grow up because i'm 99% sure this **** can psychologically hold you back from improving.

with that all being said: i want to be good at smash.

i want to win. i want to combo people to death and have them shake my hand at the end of the set and say good game and me smile because i did my best and i won. i want to get to grand finals legitimately and have to deal with a bunch of screaming and yelling and trash talk. i want to be respected for my abilities. i'm done being lazy and not caring because i'm afraid of myself and afraid that i'll fail. i'm done JOHNING. and covering my *** with bull**** excuses. IT DOESN'T MATTER. there's WINNING and LOSING. if you lost, that's it. you're inferior to who beat you and nothing should come OUT OF YOUR MOUTH that isn't RESPECTFUL TOWARDS YOUR OPPONENT'S WIN. if you THINK you should have won, tough ****, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF and be able to intellectualize exactly how you lost so you can win the next time. don't even tell ANYONE that you should have won. THIS IS SELF-DESTRUCTIVE, even if you don't realize it.

i'm not saying all of this for any other reason than that i care about you people. that's it. i'm sorry it's taken me this long to realize. and i have realized that i also care about quality of this community. obviously i am a huge fan of joking and laughs, but there's a line that just CAN'T be crossed if you value a strong and structured tournament scene, and i feel as if that just doesn't exist here. people take things so not seriously to the point where we don't give a **** about anything, and i honestly believe and legitimately fear that i could be an influence, in any sort of way, for this reality.

well, i'm done with that ****. tournaments are serious ****ing business, and only tournament sets can truly be considered in discovering your level of skill, as they manifest the highest level of pressure that you have to deal with, and only there do you show your worth as a smash player. i don't want to be in any measurable way responsible for destroying that for this state, because i truly believe in this system and value it greatly as a smasher.

i'm asking any and all of you to follow me. and even if this entire thing ends up being useless to the rest of you, that's fine because saying all this was also just something i needed to do to help me turn over this new leaf for trying to become better. and now all of you know. do what you please, i'm coming for you in tournament.

a final note:
yes, most of this is geared towards the melee sub-community because i rarely go to brawl tournaments and i don't know what's up. but just so you brawl people know, i'll most likely (97% chance) be joining your sub-community as well because i want to **** you scrubs. expect me.
smith made me read this S.

good freakin stuff cam. you freaking **** and your attitude is amazing and I'm gonna stop there before I say something dumb.

peacin out again though.

BEHR

Smash Hero
im high so reading cams post like ****ed with my head psychologically and me observe myself in a way i shouldnt be doing.

lol

grapeee

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Fiz everything you post I read it in a sad voice because of your avatar lol.

And Cam man I'm glad you're changing for the better.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
The only people i mess with that have assisted me in NC are kevin, ocean, josh, and snap that one time he gave me 5 bucks at herb 3. And i know they dont take my stuff to heart.

so cam i dont know who u are talking about, when u say im hurting the people i have helped.

i honestly and for truly do not care about what you have to say.

you talk about how people take things to seriously on the internet

and then u make a martin luther king speech about how we need to get along and stop hurting each other.

lmao *** get the **** out of here.

and my words should not discourage people from getting better, or what ever it is u are trying to imply. if anything, it should fuel them to do better. ( sorry if this makes no sense, ur paragraph to me was pretty vague)

and nothing hinders my improvement, i have done nothing but get better in my game.

Judge my skills when u win a tournament, or get top3 when all but one pr members are in attendance.

lmao... oh this is 2 gud.

Most of the time i dont even need to troll. Whenever i say something that someone doesn't agree with, they accuse me of trolling, so no cam, i cannot say i will stop trolling, because all my post will look like trolls to you all anyway.

GG's Though.

lord karn

Smash Master
yuh I need to get better. let's practice brossssss

but yeah, old school nc melee knew where to draw the line. tsk tsk tsk, don't let old school out do you!

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I put keith on block once and the entireity of NC threads vanished.

With that said keith has legit hurt my feelings once or twice but not as badly as some others who have "trolled" me.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
T’was the night before Christmas with the Smash Family, a close knit community in the state of NC.

From the small town of Shelby, to the Outer BANKS, they all got together to play games and give thanks

for the people they knew and the people they trolled, the people they spent so much time with, the long car rides and such, I guess you could say they loved each other very much.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
That last line is so sloppy.

Laughter and mischief from all the trolls,, And the air was heavy with the sharing of bowls.

Reminiscing of car rides, tourneys and such.I guess you could say, they all loved each other very much.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
everyone's a critic

I'm basically finished with it btw lol

EDIT: **** you crio <3

I'm posting my full creation tomorrow at some point

I suck a writing so don't make me feel bad, I started writing it as a joke but ended up making it serious and heartfelt and all that ****

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Great post Cam. Much respect.

Keith, you do your own thing, whatever makes you happy. After a while though (as of a few years ago I'd say) it starts to look pathetic. It's not like I dislike you or anything bro. I just don't get what you're trying to accomplish with some of your stupid posts.

Crio is the man.

I wish I could attend this.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
yeah the stuff about etiquette while competing--not getting upset and using excuses, no matter the circumstance, real talk cam. We all know what it feels like to get a little unlucky or a little lucky whether it be suicides or w/e. When you start using excuses for it though you're just insulting the other player.....i mean how long has everyone been playing this game?!? there's no room for excuses anymore, just fun.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
haha MLEsis, thanks a lot. i dunno ab that though :laugh:

@obx/wherever the **** you are, ACE: ahhh.... thanks guys. you should now how good it is for me to hear from you two especially.

i'm very grateful for the feedback everyone. i know with this kind of **** there's always the dread about whether or not anything good will really come out of it, but the whole deal with it is, i'm not relying on the rest of you for a change.... i have changed something within myself. assuming i have any influence at all in this community in general, i already know something good will come.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I feel like I made a similar post a month back but Cam did a great job putting it forth again and elaborating.

Also, NC needs to start practicing. It's actually been a rough task for me to get to play as much as I need to lately so I've been playing with who I can and tech skill practicing at least once or twice a week. I am aware that people are busy with finals and stuff but that's pretty much over now so I expect to be playing with some of you soon.

Actually, get called out,

Cam, Austin, Alex, DJ, Theo, Bryan, David: Train with me. I need it, you need it. All of you are so close by, talented and completely capable of getting tons better. I've been pushing and I need you guys to push with me. I want NC to be ****ing raw.

On a different but related note: I played with Bden last weekend, who has pretty much nobody to play, and he's improved tons and tons. As in, he took a few legit matches off me where I was just like FFFFUUUUU. I want the guy to start coming to stuff. PEEPEE JUNE-YA

Top Bottom