• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chinesah Presents: Hybrid - $300 POT BONUS - NEW VENUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
HYBRID

--------

Sup guys, we are hosting a smash tournament on the 23rd of June. Singles for both Melee and Brawl will run as normal, however PROJECT M will have pot bonuses. See below.

We will have streaming, multiple recording setups, and it's at a bar, so there will be food and drinks.

http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-4348.html
http://www.facebook.com/events/301390873283299/
http://projectm.dantarion.com/

Battle and Brew
279 Powers Ferry Rd SE Suite H
Marietta, GA 30067
(678) 560-1500

Prizes:
All games are:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

PROJECT M Singles Bonus!!!!:
$300 + pot, distributed:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Entry Fees:
Melee or Brawl Singles: $10
Project M Singles: $10 (if you entered Brawl or Melee Singles, Project M singles is only $5)
Project M Doubles: $10/team

Schedule:
2:00 pm - Doors open, Registration Begins
2:30 pm - Registration Ends, Melee and Brawl Singles Begin
4:00 pm - Project M Doubles Begin
6:30 pm - Project M Singles Begin

Schedule is tentative. If you are going to be late, let someone know.

Rules:
[collapse=Melee Rules]

- 4 Stock, 8 minute time limit
- Sets are best of 3 rounds, Finals will be best of 5.
- Double Elimination Bracket
- No items
- Ice Climber's Wobbling is banned
- Any tactic to intentionally freeze, stall, or break the game is banned. (ex. Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, Peach infinite Wall Bomber)

Official set procedure:
1. Both players select their character for ROUND 1. Either player may call for a Double Blind* at this time.
2. The stage for ROUND 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING**, unless a stage is agreed upon by both players.
3. ROUND 1 is played.
4. The winner of the previous round may choose one stage that cannot be used during the tournament set(your "ban" choice).
5. The loser of the previous round announces the stage for the next round. Dave's Stupid Rule*** and player stage bans apply.
6. The winner of the previous round chooses their character for the next ROUND.
7. The loser of the previous round chooses their character for the next ROUND.
8. The next ROUND is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 until a winner is declared.
10. If both players agree, any rule may be altered/changed, excluding the 8 minute time limit, rounds per set, and bracket rules.

* Double Blind: All participating players must tell an official the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the first game.
** The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1. (Player 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player 2 striking two stages, with Player 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages). The round is played on the remaining stage.
*** Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.

Neutral stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64

Counterpick stages:
Pokemon Stadium

[/collapse]

[collapse=Brawl Rules]

- 3 Stock, 8 minute time limit
- Games are best of 3 rounds, Finals will be best of 5.
- Items and smash balls set to "Off" and "None"
- Pause is set to "Off"
- Metaknight is LEGAL
- There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
- The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
- If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters.

Official set procedure:
1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick* may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

* Double Blind: All participating players must tell an official the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the first game.

Determining Player Priority:
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Starter Stages:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege

Counterpick Stages:
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon

[/collapse]

[collapse=Project M Rules]

- ALL GAMEPLAY WILL BE DEMO 2.1 (or the latest version at that time)
- 4 Stock, 8 minute time limit
- Sets are best of 3 rounds, Finals are best of 5
- Items and smash balls are set to off and none
- Buffering is off
- Any tactic to intentionally freeze, stall, or break the game is banned. (ex. Infinite Mario walljumping stall)

Official set procedure:
1. Both players select their character for ROUND 1. Either player may call for a Double Blind* at this time.
2. The stage for ROUND 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING**, unless a stage is agreed upon by both players.
3. ROUND 1 is played.
4. The loser of the previous round announces which group of stages he is counterpicking to (either "Neutral" or "Counterpick").
5. The winner of the previous round may choose two stages from said group that cannot be used during the tournament set(your two "ban" choices).
6. The loser of the previous round announces the stage from said group for the next round. Dave's Stupid Rule*** and player stage bans apply.
7. The winner of the previous round chooses their character for the next round.
8. The loser of the previous round chooses their character for the next round.
9. The next ROUND is played.
10. Repeat steps 4-9 until a winner is declared.
11. If both players agree, any rule may be altered/changed, excluding the 8 minute time limit, rounds per set, and bracket rules.

** The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1. (Player 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player 2 striking two stages, followed by Player 1 striking two stages, ending with Player 2 striking one of the two remaining stages). The round is played on the remaining stage.
*** Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.

SINGLES

7 Neutral Stages:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story (Melee)
- Green Hill Zone

7 Counterpick Stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Fountain of Dreams
- WarioWare
- Metal Cavern
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Skyloft

TEAMS STAGES

Starter:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story (Melee)
- Rumble Falls

7 Counterpick Stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Fountain of Dreams
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- SSE: Jungle
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Skyworld

[/collapse]

[collapse=General Rules]

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.

2. In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.

3. During gameplay, any coaching parties must remain a finite distance determined by the TO away from the players in order to give players equal access to all coached information. Ear-side coaching is prohibited during games, but acceptable between games. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the coach's removal from the venue or a call to replay the game that the coaching interfered with.

4. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.

5. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.

6. No substitutions of players are allowed for singles or doubles.

7. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ(disqualification). Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.

9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

11. No Refunds

12. Please respect and follow the venue's rules.

13. All tournament rulings are under my general discretion

[/collapse]

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
This is only 3 1/2 hrs from my house so if Huntsville wants to come I'd be willing to drive. I'll ask the crew about it next time we play Smash.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try and make it to this one, but I have to have surgery earlier in that week so we will see if I have the strength to go.

allshort17

Smash Ace
I looks like I'm going to this as well.

Wait, did Player-1 influence this tournament in any way? The stage list looked very conservative until I saw Rainbow Cruise was a CP compared to Castle siege and Halberd. I smell a conspiracy. Also, how is Dave's stupid rule and banning stages going to work in a best of 5 set?

chinesahh

Smash Lord
I looks like I'm going to this as well.

Wait, did Player-1 influence this tournament in any way? The stage list looked very conservative until I saw Rainbow Cruise was a CP compared to Castle siege and Halberd. I smell a conspiracy. Also, how is Dave's stupid rule and banning stages going to work in a best of 5 set?
Yeah I just took Player-1s list since I'm not familiar with current Brawl stages. If there's a community wide standard or alternative stagelists that are widely used, please pm me them and I will consider changing it.

I'm pretty sure that even with 5 rounds and 6 stages, that there would always be a stage that can be played on, even with bans and dave's stupid rule(can't go back to stage they LAST won on).

ALSO: Venue fee has been slashed!!!

Player-1

Smash Legend
the brawl stage list is pretty split across the country. The conservative stage list I use is because sktar is coming up and me and DRN going to it so it's just for practice, I don't actually support the stage list.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah I just took Player-1s list since I'm not familiar with current Brawl stages. If there's a community wide standard or alternative stagelists that are widely used, please pm me them and I will consider changing it.
Just use the Unity Ruleset.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
brawl rules have been updated. we are using the unity ruleset, mk is legal, and brinstar is banned. thanks for the input

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I am really interested. I'll see if I can get anyone else interested to come with me, but I figure I'll probably be flying solo. If I come, can I get housing for Friday/Saturday night? If anyone comes with me it'll probably be two people although there's the potential for three. I really expect it to just be me though.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Hopefully I can get a ride to this or from public transportation to this!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hopefully I can get a ride to this or from public transportation to this!
You're in Atlanta, right? Give me an address and a phone number and I'll make sure you're there. I've got to go right through Atlanta.

I'd prefer housing for this venture, although I'll live if I have to go there and back.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Looking for a P:M doubles partner seeing as mine won't be here. I'm not straight awe-inspiring, but I've played this game a lot and I am far from bad. Doubles in this game is also a format I've played a lot and REALLY like, in no small part due to the stagelist for the game.

If you team with me, you get access to a capable Link, Zelda, and Mario who is used to keeping track of everyone in a doubles match.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
If anyone can bring setups that would be sweet. We should have enough TV's, and enough ProjectM/Brawl/Melee setups, but it's always good to have more if needed. If you can bring any of these please do.

@ Ryker and KOkingpin - I'm really sorry, but I can't provide housing, and my attempts at finding you guys some didn't pan out. I hope you guys can still make it, and I assure you if we continue this series, I will get you guys some housing in the future.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
If anyone can bring setups that would be sweet. We should have enough TV's, and enough ProjectM/Brawl/Melee setups, but it's always good to have more if needed. If you can bring any of these please do.

@ Ryker and KOkingpin - I'm really sorry, but I can't provide housing, and my attempts at finding you guys some didn't pan out. I hope you guys can still make it, and I assure you if we continue this series, I will get you guys some housing in the future.
oh im coming no matter what. Ill probably be able to set something up with my family that lives in GA its more North GA but still It should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom