• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chillin's Falco @ C3

fark

Smash Apprentice
it wasnt as good as i was expecting after all the hype...
good no doubt but not living up to all the hype behind it

zamz

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty obvious Chillin doesn't have a lot of experience playing a good diddy, while D1 has played NL a lot.

I would have liked to see how Chillin handles MKs other than Candy.

CY

Smash Ace
i expected him to be a lot better than that. ;\ he is still pretty good but i don't know, maybe since i get to see sethlon play all the time i'm used to the ultimate ****. ;o

he was getting pretty obvious with his side-b's always landing on the stage, and pretty obvious with the same methods of killing.(ie: shl up close to usmash) at least he could of mixed it up a little more.

that's just what i think, not like my opinion matters. ;p

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Yeah... definetly not as good as i thought. Plays real basic, and always does the common stuff. A little too predictable.... I think he just uses Falco for certain matchups. He can't even SHDL properly. Rolls and spotdodges too much.
But, he IS stacking up with players like NL and Seibrik. One of the best falcos for sure. also i liked that dair pillar he did on Candy's MK.

But i think SK92 and Seth are much better.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Hey, Mr. "Let me just go ahead and take 10 stocks off of Oklahoma." You should post here more! We need your expertise...

Denzi

Smash Master
good stuff
he should have had NL, he justed needed a finishing blow in both games, just couldn't get it though
QFT

Those were great to watch.

Note to Sethlon: In the last vid, Chillin is D3/Falco, not Snake/Falco.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Note to Sethlon: In the last vid, Chillin is D3/Falco, not Snake/Falco.
Ah, thanks. I watched Chillin's set playing snake against plank right before posting this, so I musta had snake on the mind.

Hey, Mr. "Let me just go ahead and take 10 stocks off of Oklahoma." You should post here more! We need your expertise...
Lol...college keeps a man busy =/ I try to post whenever I see something that I can really help with, but most stuff can be cleared up by other people.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Ah, thanks. I watched Chillin's set playing snake against plank right before posting this, so I musta had snake on the mind.

Lol...college keeps a man busy =/ I try to post whenever I see something that I can really help with, but most stuff can be cleared up by other people.
College? rofl get on while on campus, thats what i do ^.^

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Nice matches.

Love falco's glide toss.

Chaingrab still makes falco uber :D

Good use of shine against diddy too.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
College? rofl get on while on campus, thats what i do ^.^
Last time I did that I forgot to log off and some random passerby started all kinds of threads filled with ***gotry and i got banned for about a week :embarrass

CO18

Smash Hero
Chillin's Extremely Smart, hes just not as fun to watch as SK92 or Sethlon but hes probably just as good.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Chillin told us at the C3 tournament before he played Seibrik that his Falco is probably rusty as hell as he hasn't used Falco in forever. He still impressed me, though.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
There are some subtle differences, but it looks as if I've seen this play style before...

Blad01

Smash Lord
There are some subtle differences, but it looks as if I've seen this play style before...
Well, it's pretty basic safe gameplay :p Even if it's a smart one i guess... I think that Chillin only uses Falco for certain match-ups (DDK, DDD, and sometimes Snake / MK).

Airborne

Smash Lord
yeah it's about time chillin's brawl falco got on the internet..... i just wish i didn't miss EC3...XD

edit: yeah chillin seems a bit faulty with executing certain things.... such as getting the kill, but i used to have that problem about a week ago with my yoshi. =P

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Haha too bad Candy couldn't use his kickass Wolf against Falco and D3 =/

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
not at all
rofl who are you?

chillin IS different. he sticks to what works 100% of the time, and takes absolutely no risk. seth/sk92 take risk moves and pull flashy stuff off. all 3 players are great, just different styles. sk92 = flashy and aggressive. chillin = efficient and campy. seth = a mix of the both.
just more proof that each coast has different playstyles.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
rofl who are you?

chillin IS different. he sticks to what works 100% of the time, and takes absolutely no risk. seth/sk92 take risk moves and pull flashy stuff off. all 3 players are great, just different styles. sk92 = flashy and aggressive. chillin = efficient and campy. seth = a mix of the both.
just more proof that each coast has different playstyles.
lol who are you?:laugh:

Blad01

Smash Lord
****ing sh** : "Who are you ?"

Am I in the elementary school again ? ôO

Serisouly, yes Ozz you're right, but a lot of Falcos do that... Maybe with less efficacity, i don"t know :s

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
@dreadz...i'm pretty sure his falco 2-0d your regions arguably best player, so I doubt he'd have too much trouble with you
u rite he did. but heres da thing about seibrik

he gives up too **** easily. instead of fukkin up and not playin as good as he should becuz of chillin campin him he coulda done much better.

camping frustrates him to da point where he jus gives up and loses focus.

it doesnt matter tho wats done is done.

a loss is a loss.

never said chillin was garbage or wutever. jus said it was boring and generic

J4pu

Smash Champion
You guys are overlooking the fact that chillin changes characters all the time to whomever he thinks gives him the best chance of winning. Because he doesn't go Falco 24/7 like Sethlon and SK92 he probably doesn't have the same opportunity to develop and unique AND effective playstyle, so he just sticks to the basic generic stuff that is known to work when used well.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
You guys are overlooking the fact that chillin changes characters all the time to whomever he thinks gives him the best chance of winning. Because he doesn't go Falco 24/7 like Sethlon and SK92 he probably doesn't have the same opportunity to develop and unique AND effective playstyle, so he just sticks to the basic generic stuff that is known to work when used well.
dat dont mean nuttin.
if i was to pick da random button im dam sure my play style wit whoever wud be unique and of my own.

if he is a smart player as you say he wud be able to develop his own style. regardless if he dont pick falco 24/7. point is he still plays falco.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Why does he need to be interesting? If Falco wins him matches, he should do what he needs to. Just because Sethlon likes to be flashy sometimes doesn't mean we all need to.

J4pu

Smash Champion
you have a Sept 2008 join date and are using reasons like "I'm better than that, I could do it"
and as far as I can tell nobody knows who you are.
When you are new and unknown it is best to start off with using factual reasons to argue your point rather than arrogant comments about how you could do it better.

You said your playstyle would be your own if you chose the random button, you however failed to say your style would be successful in winning, freudian slip?

Playing to win is the general mindset in tournament play (Plank perfectly displays this) playing flashy is for combo videos. When you play a character consistently you have an easier time doing both.

Top Bottom