• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Meneks

Smash Lord
Hi Chicago! I will be in Chicago for work dec 19 and 20. Those nights I'm staying at some place near Buckingham Memorial Fountain (?? I don't know landmarks in Chicago at all)...it's downtown by that big lake. Anyway it'd be cool to see some of you guys that I met at the impromptu tourney and smash. I'm going to call that place and make sure they have CRT's, but I'm actually not even sure I have a room to myself yet...regardless, smash will happen somehow. Oro? MDZ? Meneks? Rat? Hit me up.

:phone:
Yes, smash will happen somehow...

Someone should host a smashfest that week

Fletch

Smash Master
Hey someone play me in Melee, I'm bored and haven't played in a few years but now I want to. I'm in Lincoln Park; is anyone close by?

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Ive given up all hope of this getting updated unless i organize an effort, or I do it by myself.
And we don't want just one person doing it.

Chris, Cheato, Rat, Sveet, Oro, Kelly?
going through a years worth of tournaments doesn't sound fun, it would be awesome if ssbpd was back up...

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I stepped up my game when I didn't make the list just to be ironic.

PM list would be more fun/interesting, but less agreed upon.

ssbpd is up, or are they just not accepting new data?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Nah that's just johns Dart. Everyone still thinks fox/falco are the strongest atm you just don't know matchups. My Marth is scrubby in comparison to yours and I like the matchups you john about.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
it's interesting that people just "get good" all at once or at least in huge steps, especially when skill is mostly just knowing lots and lots of different situations. I bet it has everything to do with identifying situations more precisely.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
it's interesting that people just "get good" all at once or at least in huge steps, especially when skill is mostly just knowing lots and lots of different situations. I bet it has everything to do with identifying situations more precisely.
i think it just feels that way, especially since tournaments are spread apart. kels didn't get good at all once, he worked pretty hard at it. I can't speak for Kelly, but as a fan, i loved how he took down the big MW players(dope, drephen, darkrain, tink) at SMYM a few years back. He climbed his way past everyone.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
of course it takes effort. However, I think when you gain some clarity, you can easily apply it to all the situations in your bank just by re-encountering them a few times. This makes a big difference quickly.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Dedication, creativity, patience, hard work. A supportive group of players to improve with goes a long way too

goateeguy

Smash Ace
**Flies back from Arizona. Pleasantly surprised to find that tourneys are still happening. Less pleasantly surprised to find that there was one yesterday.**

Do we still have some sort of consistent bi-weekly going on at CoD? I'm assuming there is one but I can't find the SWF page because you guys keep making new forum threads for them. I'm here til the 6th.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming to Chicago tomorrow (wednesday). I'll probably get in town about 5PM or so. I'll be staying in a hotel downtown. I'd like to play some melee with anyone. Meneks are you still down to play at all? I can hop on the subway system and meet someone somewhere if needed, but I'm hoping for no roommate and a CRT tv so that I could host. I may be playing with Beiber since he's in town too, but I'd rather not do 1v1's against just jigglypuff for hours XD

Fletch

Smash Master
I'll be coming to Chicago tomorrow (wednesday). I'll probably get in town about 5PM or so. I'll be staying in a hotel downtown. I'd like to play some melee with anyone. Meneks are you still down to play at all? I can hop on the subway system and meet someone somewhere if needed, but I'm hoping for no roommate and a CRT tv so that I could host. I may be playing with Beiber since he's in town too, but I'd rather not do 1v1's against just jigglypuff for hours XD
I'd definitely be game for this.

Top Bottom