• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Scythe

Smash Master
too bad that doesn't work anymore and Tink you haven't entered a PM tourney in ages and i beat you at FC

Edit: Also kirk should be first yo, he beat metroid twice today

Dart!

Smash Master
Rat's IL-PM Power Rankings

1. Metroid
2. Kirk
3. Rat
4. Vro
5. Kels
6. Dart!
7. Scythe
8. Oro?!
9. Mdz
10. ORLY

Honorable mentions: Plasma, Arty, Tripwire, 5-1, DSF

Get at me.
QQ but I beat Kels the last time we played in PM and made grand finals twice last two tourneys in PM Q_Q

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
bierber: we're staying with some cali brawl dude a bit farther from the venue since we couldn't find anything else. If you have room somewhere better let me know =)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
It's some venue in the west suburbs. The Chicago FGC has weekly meetups on friday. Apparently yesterday I decided to skip this week and I was texted some kindred spirits brought a melee setup. Apparently there were 3 people regularly playing through out the night.

j00t

Smash Champion
Any plans for a SMYM this year? I really need to go to a tournament soon or I'm gonna lose my mind

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
yo chris, i'm playing a little bit of LOL out here, and i've been having a debate with my friend on which game is harder. i said melee is harder than lol because it's been out for 10 frigging years and the game is still growing. my friend thinks smash is a kids game and thinks melee is easy. What do you think dude?

john!

Smash Hero
yo chris, i'm playing a little bit of LOL out here, and i've been having a debate with my friend on which game is harder. i said melee is harder than lol because it's been out for 10 frigging years and the game is still growing. my friend thinks smash is a kids game and thinks melee is easy. What do you think dude?
chris will definitely give an objective and unbiased answer to this question :mistyface:

seriously though melee is definitely harder to learn (from someone who plays league a lot)

although the skillsets are somewhat different and i don't think either game really has a skill ceiling

ORLY

Smash Master
the fact that the game's older should allude to its difficulty. the meta's defined, established, and developed. i prefer to play melee and maybe it's a bit of hubris on my part, i believe it's the harder game to play and that's why i play it! except for falco.. man, **** that character. besides, how else would i have met all youse guys without such a deep community? you guys are the best. SHOUTOUTS YO

additionally: the same logic doesn't apply to dota, though, imo. LoL and DotA are like apples and oranges. i've been playing dota for over 8 years, off and on, so i very much prefer it. i see LoL as a bit of a knock off and, for lack of a better term, the brawl to dota's melee. (no hate intended to you brawl players) the characters feel bland and unoriginal copies of each other, like ryu, ken, and akuma. they may have their differences but i can't tell the difference between any of them. apples and oranges.

i've been drinking! CARRY ON YOU CRAZY KIDS

Fletch

Smash Master
Neither LoL or DotA is anywhere near as difficult to play as Melee. I don't think anyone that argues that has played Melee seriously.

Scythe

Smash Master
arguing a moba vs a fighting game doesn't make any sense. They are totally different.

edit: also how is everyone who is going to Apex's pools looking? Frootloop and I are in the same one : /

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
the fact that the game's older should allude to its difficulty. the meta's defined, established, and developed. i prefer to play melee and maybe it's a bit of hubris on my part, i believe it's the harder game to play and that's why i play it! except for falco.. man, **** that character. besides, how else would i have met all youse guys without such a deep community? you guys are the best. SHOUTOUTS YO

additionally: the same logic doesn't apply to dota, though, imo. LoL and DotA are like apples and oranges. i've been playing dota for over 8 years, off and on, so i very much prefer it. i see LoL as a bit of a knock off and, for lack of a better term, the brawl to dota's melee. (no hate intended to you brawl players) the characters feel bland and unoriginal copies of each other, like ryu, ken, and akuma. they may have their differences but i can't tell the difference between any of them. apples and oranges.

i've been drinking! CARRY ON YOU CRAZY KIDS
thanks chris! i talked things over with my friend, and we sorta acknowledged neither game is worth comparing to, but melee's execution is just insane. i still play cuz it's so deep and melee is still worth observing as a fan.

for anyone interested, LOL officially surpassed star 2 in Korea in terms of players and accounts. i think it happened as they calculated it as 2012's 4th quarter ended. i'm impressed with LOL's run, but i'll probably never play a game i did with melee.

ORLY

Smash Master
falcon

but he may have abandoned falcon for sheik

unlikely, but we did have a non-falcon MM at TBH2

Top Bottom