• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess With Your Power 2.0 - IT BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Both groups are finished.

But, little problem, chess.com is only letting premium members create tournaments now. :mad:

yoshimanssbm, N9NE, KittyJones and enigmaticcam are in the final.

So could yoshi or enigmatic set up the Smashboards Tournament II: Final Group?

How many days per move do you guys want? I'm fine with 3 or 5.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Nice win :)
For your interest, have a look at one of my games against ergo76prop. He's completely destroying the Sicilian Nadjorf :O

Both groups are finished.

But, little problem, chess.com is only letting premium members create tournaments now. :mad:

yoshimanssbm, N9NE, KittyJones and enigmaticcam are in the final.

So could yoshi or enigmatic set up the Smashboards Tournament II: Final Group?

How many days per move do you guys want? I'm fine with 3 or 5.
Alright, I'm in. Good luck to you all!

Congratulations on getting into the finals, guys!

I wish all of you the best of luck.

-Terywj
Thanks - Looks like I'll be the sole participant flying the Pokemon flag lol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Urgh, I'm really sorry guys.

Chess.com are clearly eager for some money.

Not only can non premiums now not create tournaments but it seems I can't even join two invite tournaments whereas I was able to before.

I'm up against a much stronger player in that tourny and doing not too bad. I'll like to see if I can make this round. As soon as things get pear shaped I'll resign is that ok?

I'll update you by Friday.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
I'm not in any hurry. If anything, hopefully by the time we get to starting this my game count will be much lower.

cemo

white walker
the tournament's going alright for me. two games right now that i -think- i should be able to convert to wins.
which is good because they're against the group leaders. there's still 2 players with 0 games completed though. if i'm lucky i might be able to come in first. (:

how about you guys?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
:pimp:

Just logged in today and BAM! they've given me a week's free premium membership! What! lol!

Let's get this final tournament started!

@ Phen doing so so in the 10th tournament.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Okay signed up under Mota_

I'll enter the next one :p

until then random games away!

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Wholesalechess.com is offering a sweet deal for Fritz 12. $30 off! For a product that's typically $70-$80, that's pretty darn good. I just ordered mine :)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Urgh, lost like 8 games on time, clearly took on too much lol. That premium membership for a week killed me lol.

I think I've lost my passion for chess, at least online chess. I might deactivate my account after this tourny. I need a break.

Overload

Smash Lord
I'm a little burnt out on chess right now and haven't been playing online nearly as often. This tends to happen every once in a while. I'll play like crazy then not nearly as much.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Urgh, lost like 8 games on time, clearly took on too much lol. That premium membership for a week killed me lol.

I think I've lost my passion for chess, at least online chess. I might deactivate my account after this tourney. I need a break.
Its easy to lose passion for online chess, because it take forever to finish a game. Otherwise, chess is extremely exciting. I often let my account sit around on vacation until I feel like playing.

Edit: I quit chess.com, so it looks like you guys have a chance in the last tournament. Jk. I will now work on becoming a international master.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace

I think I've lost my passion for chess, at least online chess. I might deactivate my account after this tourny. I need a break.
But...:(

Its easy to lose passion for online chess, because it take forever to finish a game. Otherwise, chess is extremely exciting. I often let my account sit around on vacation until I feel like playing.

Edit: I quit chess.com, so it looks like you guys have a chance in the last tournament. Jk. I will now work on becoming a international master.
I might be curious enough to ask whether you have an OTB rating?

cemo

white walker
So this girl I know's dad is "some sort of chess master"
Gonna try to convince a chess club I know to have him come teach.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Wait, so you are quitting, or are you not? Cuz I was hoping for a chance to play you :(

On an unrelated note, I won every game in my pairing in the chess.com tournament, I'm really happy :)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Sorry guys I had to close my account too, it was just getting ridiculous there was no way I could keep up and I didn't want to keep going on vacation. I'm really sorry to enigmatic and kitty, I know enigmatic had won his game against me. I promise to be back and to organise more tournaments in the future even if I'm not participating. All the best guys. Happy chessing.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Sorry guys I had to close my account too, it was just getting ridiculous there was no way I could keep up and I didn't want to keep going on vacation. I'm really sorry to enigmatic and kitty, I know enigmatic had won his game against me. I promise to be back and to organise more tournaments in the future even if I'm not participating. All the best guys. Happy chessing.
N9NE...:(
Take care and all the best of luck.
-tries to find words-
-fails-
*salutes*

I still can't fathom how CM Kacparov play over 1100 games at once. He's a tank.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Correspondence chess is a two-edged sword. You think with 3-5 days to move you have all the time in the world, but after you get 100+ games, it's suddenly taking a lot longer to go through your games than you thought. It happens a lot, so don't worry N9NE. You've gotten a lot better since the last time we've played, so I look forward to the next time we can play. I'm pretty sure those last two moves were just due to pressure to get all your games done in time.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Sorry to double-post, but I got my copy of Fritz. For those who don't know, it's one of the most powerful engines out there, with a superb game analysis feature. If anyone wants one of their games analyzed, let me know and I can upload it to fritz and send you the analysis :)

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
He probably plays with a long time control, like 14 days per move.

N9NE, you're leaving? That sucks :( . Do come back sometime soon!
No, Kacparov was playing with 2-3 days per move. That's why he's always online!

Sorry to double-post, but I got my copy of Fritz. For those who don't know, it's one of the most powerful engines out there, with a superb game analysis feature. If anyone wants one of their games analyzed, let me know and I can upload it to fritz and send you the analysis :)
Oooo, I do happen to have a game that I want to have analyzed...I'll send you a message on chess.com sometime tonight, if that's ok!

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
That's no problem. I have it set to "if you see a move that differs more than 0.030 of a pawn, tell me." Let me know if you want that higher or lower.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
That's no problem. I have it set to "if you see a move that differs more than 0.030 of a pawn, tell me." Let me know if you want that higher or lower.
No, that's fine. Thanks!

Now, how am I going to send you the game? I'll have to fumble around with the chess.com functions a bit first...:)

P.S. Do you have an OTB rating?

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Nope, I've never played OTB, never even been to a live tournament. My only play has ever been online correspondence :embarrass

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Nope, I've never played OTB, never even been to a live tournament. My only play has ever been online correspondence :embarrass
Wow...considering that online correspondence games are your only experience, you're giving me a hard fight, and I've been regularly playing OTB chess for 11 years!

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Well maybe this one game. You kicked my butt in all the others. Thanks though! :)

Hey, if you ever show our games to your chess coach, share some of his thoughts if you can :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom