• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess With Your Power 2.0 - IT BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Smash Lord
Pikaville, I see you're currently logged in. Would you care for a match?

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
hahaha omg whats this? i never noticed this thread!
i absolutely LUVV chess!!

im not too good but pretty decent i guess. havnt played for ages though.

im so in the next tournament!

EDIT: i just registered. its BigSis. somebody add me up :D

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
sent everyone a friend request on chess.com, username there is N9NE.

anyone want a game on live chess right now? 5/10 minutes?

cemo

white walker
man this has been going on for a while.
i'd like to join in the next one, though. (but i'll probably forget to check for it)

cemo

white walker
i should stop playing 10 minute chess, i lose on time a lot when i'm winning. ):
i'm uh, spaceman-sean there, my ranking is pretty low so apparently i'm pretty bad!

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I play blitz on chess.com sometimes, but if you guys are throwing down another tournament Im definitely in, I've never played in an online tourney.

my name is jugfingers on chess.com, don't think I have a standard game rating cause I only play like 5 minute games though.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Bah, I missed it! Too bad too, cuz I wanted to keep my winning streak going :) I should log in more often so I don't lose the chance to participate in these. I'm in on the next one.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol except with him gone, I will join now.

IF my 2K tournament is over by then. If not, you all shall be spared lol.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Spare us DMG! Jk, I wouldn't mind playing a couple more games with you, even if I'd lose. BTW, have you and jason played your five games yet? I wasn't near a computer for most of the weekend, so I couldn't check and see.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Sent a request to Maxisku2 and somechessguy. Good luck :)

If anyone else wants to play me, send a request. Name is the same as here.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
The best I can do is correspondence, I really don't have the time to sit down for a full game. If you'd rather do that, I can delete the request. Sorry, that's all I can do.

otg

Smash Master
The best I can do is correspondence, I really don't have the time to sit down for a full game. If you'd rather do that, I can delete the request. Sorry, that's all I can do.
Actually thats completely fine. We can do a correspondence or w'e its called, thats fine. Although for anyone else who is interested in playing, I would prefer live games!

otg

Smash Master
EnigmaticCam, I just accepted your correspondence game, so its your turn to kick it off. Hopefully I remember to check back regularly. Phen, I added you on the site, hit me up on AIM at some point if you want to play:

DDotwx2. I prefer live games.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Let's get some live games going otg, sent you a friend request.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can send messages on the site in various places. In live game chat room, while you are playing, etc.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
any interested in getting better at chess might want to check kingscrushers youtube channel

youtube.com/kingscrusher he used to post analysis on super GM games like fischer and kasparov etc, and still does on like modern GM's like carlsen, anand and the likes, but also posts usually on a daily basis live commentary on his own 5 min blitz games on the ICC which can be very entertaining and he is a very good blitz player, not uncommonly beatins IM's and even GM's sometimes, he also posts his own matches in fide tournaments, including the london open which he just played in beating a few FM's and drawing with a high reated IM but yea he does really good analysis and is definitely my favourite chess commentator

also youtube.com/greencastblock has some good videos, he has sort of stopped playing I think and is nowhere as good as kingscrusher but has some entertaining and informative videos.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I saw Carslen and other GM's playing in London over the weekend.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah the London Chess Classic. Went on Sunday, Carlsen won on the day I went, I think he also won the tournament overall.

Was my first experience of something like that. Kind of strange because I didn't know what to expect, but I enjoyed it. Played in a blitz tournament too. Good day overall.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I saw Carslen and other GM's playing in London over the weekend.
Oh you're hella lucky. I've always wanted to see a large international tourney like this. And yeah, Carlsen was doing hella good, he's fifth and youngest person to go over FIDE 2800. Guess having Kasparov as your coach helps a lot:)

voorhese

Smash Master
Oh you're hella lucky. I've always wanted to see a large international tourney like this. And yeah, Carlsen was doing hella good, he's fifth and youngest person to go over FIDE 2800. Guess having Kasparov as your coach helps a lot:)
yah i personally believe that kasparov > fischer

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think Kasparov was better positionally than Fischer, but maybe not tactically.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Well, I believe that Kasparov would beat Fischer in a match, and that Kasparov is a better player overall. But that match would still be the most epic chess match-up ever. Too bad Fischer went all crazy, he was a great player.

And remember Kasparov saying that he regrets never playing or even knowing Fischer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom