• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess With Your Power 2.0 - IT BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah you should do, should get an email aswell saying its your move.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can have it where it won't notify you by Email, but still notify you on the site. That's what I do nowadays since I rarely check my email regularly enough to see the notices.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah 2 games with each player.

I must win all my remaining games lol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Nah, just so I have a (extremely remote) chance of winning the tourny lol

There's an explanation I wrote up in the first post.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm not playing in the official smashboards tournament. However I challenged you all (I think) to a few games. Winning or losing them will not affect your standing in the tournament. They also will not affect your rating as I made them unrated (only because most of you guys are rated so low below me that I actually lose points for winning. I'm fine with losing points with a hard fought draw, but losing points even if you win is morally defeating lol).

voorhese

Smash Master
5-0.... "Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" (there is more to this, but u get it)

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I just missed out on a SB Chess tournament? I need to visit here more often.

Well, my attention has been devoted to competitive Tetris, so I would be "out of shape" for this kind of thing. For example, I realize that I forgot most of my Catalan lines and variations, so I would need a bit of time to study up.

Chess engines/help from others are banned and books are not just like normal correspondence games, I presume?

I think I may end up doing the same thing as DMG.

voorhese

Smash Master
I just missed out on a SB Chess tournament? I need to visit here more often.

Well, my attention has been devoted to competitive Tetris, so I would be "out of shape" for this kind of thing. For example, I realize that I forgot most of my Catalan lines and variations, so I would need a bit of time to study up.

Chess engines/help from others are banned and books are not just like normal correspondence games, I presume?

I think I may end up doing the same thing as DMG.
yes all the nooby stuff is banned, and on a side note playing so much online chess has helped my strat, but i miss more stuff now on a real board =/

Overload

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind playing a game or two with you, Tomato Kirby. I believe we had a correspondence match a while back. I've since improved.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tomato what is your Chess.com Name? I will challenge you to some games.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I'd be willing to play a few matches on Chess.com with anyone who wants. My username is dwightstearns. It's been years since I've played chess, so I'll be a bit rusty.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Challenge me to online games on chess.com

Username: adsfdgfhgjhkjlk

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'll play the winner in a best of 5. I can be considered the final boss lol.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm up for setting up another one as soon as this one finishes. I need some revenge lol.

If more then 7 players are up for it, we can have two tournament pools and then the winners of both face each other.

Overload

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was just thinking about our tie-break game today. When what tourney is over? The first one or the second?

voorhese

Smash Master
i still have to play DMG , i would like it to be in live chess, so i can start and finish at once, plus u guys can watch when its live, i would like more than 15 minutes total, but if thats all we can get i guess it will have to do

Overload

Smash Lord
Drop a link here when it starts, jason.
Edit: Nevermind, I don't think that will work with live chess. I'll just find the game when you guys start.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
How does live works, anyway? I've seen the red icon that says "live" on it before, is it like people watching the game? And if so, can we commentate? Just wondering.

Overload

Smash Lord
Unlike correspondence games, which are what the tournament consists of, live games have to be completed in one sitting. People can spectate. I've watched a few of jason's games against the_brown_magik. I don't think chatting is allowed by spectators while the game is in progress as they could interfere.

voorhese

Smash Master
Unlike correspondence games, which are what the tournament consists of, live games have to be completed in one sitting. People can spectate. I've watched a few of jason's games against the_brown_magik. I don't think chatting is allowed by spectators while the game is in progress as they could interfere.
spectators can talk to eachother but not to us

he and i will be in seperate chat together

and spectators have their own chat

im ready btw (dibs on white XD )

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I cannot play atm, I am quite tired from today's earlier chores. And I am still not done lol. Tomorrow sounds fine, best out of 5 sounds good too.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Whenever he wants to. Which reminds me, you guys friend me and Jason so you can find us faster when we start the game. If we start and you don't have us friended, you might not be able to find us/our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom