• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters with that 'Natural Feel'

joeplicate

Smash Master
I took the question to be more about which character you have the easiest time with in any given situation, where you can press the buttons and feel really good, where you get them in your hands and every input you give comes out just the way you expected it to.

In other words, it should apply to either.
well, theoretically it should, but a lot of the times vs someone who's significantly better than you, you're being pressured and having to make more complicated decisions than you're used to

since you're being pressured your moves oftentimes don't come out as well as they should, and since you're thinking about 10 times as hard as in training mode, it takes longer for you to choose/execute the right move with any given character

basically what I'm saying is that practicing tech skill (CPUs) and applying tech skill (vs good people) are two entirely different things

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
well, theoretically it should, but a lot of the times vs someone who's significantly better than you, you're being pressured and having to make more complicated decisions than you're used to

since you're being pressured your moves oftentimes don't come out as well as they should, and since you're thinking about 10 times as hard as in training mode, it takes longer for you to choose/execute the right move with any given character

basically what I'm saying is that practicing tech skill (CPUs) and applying tech skill (vs good people) are two entirely different things
I think I understand what you're saying, but my thinking is more that it's the control of the character itself, and therefore irrespective of the play situation.

I can understand why somebody might think I'm stupid for saying this, so hopefully you get me >_>

Mindgames Son!

Smash Cadet
The character I feel the best with is Marth.....He has been my first character ever since I started playing (:

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
I think Falco is the most natural for me to play as. He's been my main ever since I first unlocked him.

Most awkward would be Yoshi, I could never get a feel for him.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
luigi aaaaaand fox.. i dont use fox in tournament and REALLY often in friendlyes..lways ok woth him.. but dont know i jsut dont like him

Mirr0r

Smash Rookie
Falco feels IMO natural. I can't play any other characters except Fox, who is also "natural".
CF, Marth etc. are Nightmares to me. o_o

soap

Smash Hero
marth feels like the smoothest character in smash to me.

i love to to Double jump around and waveland with him and swing and stuff.

marth most natural. Hes floaty but not too floaty.

Top-Spin

Smash Rookie
Edit:Young* Link, definately really natural for me.

Much more natural than Link, which is kind of weird...

...but not, now that I think of it. I mean, their moves are similar, but not the exact same, and Link just feels clunky.

*Whoopsie, too used to Brawl, hehe.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Surprisingly fox and falco feel very natural to me, and link feels almost completely natural, and surprisingly one of my mains, marth, always feels forced. I still haven gotten good enough with him to feel natural.

soap

Smash Hero
Edit:Young* Link, definately really natural for me.

Much more natural than Link, which is kind of weird...

...but not, now that I think of it. I mean, their moves are similar, but not the exact same, and Link just feels clunky.

*Whoopsie, too used to Brawl, hehe.
toon link is the most natural brawler

young link has weird *** physics. I dont like it. hard to fastfall. he needs to make up his mind if he wants to be floaty or not

keeper

Smash Champion
Fox feels natural to me since I've just used him so much.

Marth and Young Link always felt natural to me, but I'm not good with either of them.

Eyce Theon

Smash Cadet
...Yoshi.

I was Ganon/Marth for the longest time and wanted to pick up a low teir just to have fun with. Tried Bowser and Mewtwo out, didn't like their style. Once I messed with Yoshi though, I found myself performing as well as I did with Ganon. He was my natural new main after about a week.

I also started making Yoshi noises when I fight.

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
Most Natural?

Well, I started with Kirby. Oh, man. That was a loooong time ago. But, it made my (eventual, since I felt like experimentation was needed) transition to Fox a lot smoother, who I love to itsy bits, even if I'm the worst Fox Main Evar.

U-Smash? Same.
D-Smash? Same.
U-Tilt, F-Tilt, D-Tilt? Same, same, same.
U-Air, D-Air? Same.
B-Air, F-Air? Close enough.

After that, the changes weren't too tough.

I also looooove my Ganondorf. He's fun. Smooth? No. But, Fuuun.

And, Marth, since I can space myself decently. Then again, my Marth knows... Lemme count.

Omni's Marth Moves: Fsmash, Fair (rarely!), Dair (rarely), uB, sideB... Um... yep, that just about covers it. I just like to tip people to death with him, which comes kinda naturally to me, I guess?

Sheik, Captain Falcon, Falco, are all really hard work for me to play. ESPECIALLY Falco. I'm all, "I'll shine you to dea-... ****, I saved you. Oh well, I'll just recover. CRAP FALCO!"

Um... I dunno.

I feel more natural every time I play someone better than me. I get lost in the pleasure of the game. It's great, honestly. But, I feel I may have moved from the topic at hand, so let me restate:

Natural Feel: Fox, Kirby, and my Fail Marth.

:D YAY! Hope that was fun for you to read. Was fun for me to write. <3

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
shiek, falcon, then ic's and jiggz. Opposites: yoshi, peach, gaw

I don't understand how going from Kirby to Fox was really easy...they have such different playstyles! First of all, jumps. Then the b moves, none are the same like with mewtwo and samus. The a moves look the same, but they're not really that close as everyone's a moves are "standard".

Eaode

Smash Champion
I main Falcon, and it's epic, but Marth feels a lot more natural. Whatever move you input corresponds intuitively to what feels like should happen IMO (except maybe Upsmash)

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Ness.. rofl, I used him in Smash 64 and I couldn't stop in Melee, and I knew he was terrible.
I liked using Roy and Falco as well. They seemed easy enough to use. Well, to me anyway.

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
I agree 100% with Marth. Fox doesent feel natural at all.

For some reason my fingers move at exactly the right speed for falco so i picked him up almost immediatly

Binx

Smash Master
I really, really wish Yoshi could jump out of shield... sigh. so dumb.

he would be so fun to mess around with too.

they should have at least made his roll wtf fast to make up for it, but NOOO

Top Bottom