• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Specific Counterpicks/Bans: Kirby

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I always hear that BF is Dedede's worst neutral. Why, I don't know honestly. I, personally, like the stage.

I don't have much Pika experience, especially in tourney, so I honestly wouldn't know where to take him. I could see Halberd being a good stage for Dedede's Utilt, but then there's the quick Thunder kills. Anything else that I can think of would only be personal preference, so I'm just gonna leave it as is.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You played alt in tourney not that long ago. And didn't you play another Pika at VC7? (Unless you went Ike the whole set.)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I did, but I won 2-0, so I didn't need to counterpick. I also went Ike Game 1. I didn't play a Pika at VC7, but I did play Mister E at Asylum, but I went Ike again, both games.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Really? I could've sworn you played that female Pika in pools..... I forget her name tho. The one that was with Kanto.

Oh well.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
pika vs D3 isnt terrible kaylo. lol mamaknight

U dont have to jolt all day. Learn about that reverse uair that he cant grab :3

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I swear people don't read what I write.

I know the MU isn't bad. It's just godawfully boring and lame to me. He literally sits there and waits for a grab..... it's dumb.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pretty sure DDD can utilt a whiffed FH uair too. I get killed by that a lot. -____-

Unless you're aiming to not hit with it as bait or something.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
That's true...is Brinstar even a good D3 level?
if you wanna grab him then its a problem. Any level that interrupts grabs on the main floor of the stage via lava/acid will break CGs. And when you consider trying to CG him on the small platforms on brinstar/norfair you'll possibly get 2-3? fthrows in unless lava/acid interrupts that

theres also the blast zones to consider for pikachu since hes a light weight. It wont be diffcult to kill him off the top in either map. However with a place like norfair, its easier to kill off the top on the highest 2 platforms versus the other 3. There is also bthrowing/bair'ing/fair'ing etc for a kill on those top most platforms too this option is also good.

I agree with that taking pika and d3 to green greens can go either way. I wouldnt go there versus olimar/pika/falco anyway. Walls make it scary, close blast zones all round and the camping will be gay.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
SH uair isnt laggy enough for him to grab. Fulljump uair should not get u utilted. U can SH, uair, fastfall. U should kno how big the reverse uair is. The tail reachs far enough and he cant grab ur tail being a disjoint.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, even if he can't grab you, he can still punish..... uair landing lag isn't dumb long, but it's long enough (uhhh maybe I'm picturing it wrong, but I'm assuming you'd have landing lag if you FF it). Definitely not completely safe on shield either way. x.x

And FH uair is definitely utilt-able, but I guess not at the distance you're talking about.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It happens though isacc. Not often, but yeah it happens. Me and gallax had this debate a while ago.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I know what he is saying, but I mean to be able to hit the D3 with the uair you would have to be in his f-tilt range. When you P-shield it I'm pretty sure he can grab you out of anything you try to do unless you are FH Jolting.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So about dat Kirby.

I don't play any good Kirbies ever, so I have nothing to contribute, but somebody else should. =X

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
He's good practice..... for never getting swallowcided ever again, lol.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm using the MLG stagelist. Don't mention anything about japes, its pointless.
Maybe for people going to tournies that use MLG rules. But although the number of tournies with Japes is dwindling, it is still in enough of them to at least merit the quick mention Stealth gave it.

It sounds like Florida is consistantly banning it by the way you are acting esam, but the truth is that it still turns up in other regions. Not in all or even most tournies anymore. But enough.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Like where?

I was under the impression that pretty much all significant tournies now use the MLG set or a more conservative one.

Roller

Smash Legend

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Midwest always has such weird stages on...... either way, it's ESAM's thread to run the way he feels best, so let's try to stick to MLG stages.

(Not like he can stop anybody from mentioning others tho, lol.)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Okay, well now that we know Japes is bad, which normal stages should we strike/CP/ban?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ussi, I would rather not risk it. Kills aren't where we win in the MU, it is in how hard it is for him to approach. This makes norfair and Castle Siege amazing picks (I have timed several kirbies out on Castle Siege). They can't deal with the camping, and they will most likely be trying to inhale and get your power, and that is punishable
BY LAW

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Heh, I can see Norfair being kinda gay (in a good way for us).

EDIT: Also, since we don't seem to be getting much of anywhere, I'm inviting the Kirbies early.

Top Bottom