• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Clearly, Lucario isn't as rare as you think he is. =/
It's not that he's rare, it's just whenever he shows up he kicks ***. :)

I would still like to see a "Week" tier list, too- it's nice seeing the general trend compilated throughout the whole summer, and seeing certain characters sit high on their giant pile of rank points- but I think it would still be helpful to see JUST the change in ranks as its own list when the list does get updated. Sure, it's nice to see certain characters with green and red highlights (yay for Christmas?), but a compact list would be pretty sweet.

It would also explain where along the way Ness went from NU to BL.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
ankoku, ganondorf is in the E rank on the list, but in the "Most up-to-date rankings, no details: (last updated July 6, 2008)"

area he is marked as U along with Sheik and Yoshi

as a semi competitive pokemon player who hasn't looked at this thread in awhile, I'm glad to see 2 things: lucario is A rank and the names for the tiers

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ganondorf moved to U because in the most up-to-date rankings, I've removed May 31 tournaments from counting toward the list.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
What...the people? If you put their names it's OK.
But all the other info has to be there. Names are somewhat irrelevant sometimes. :ohwell:
But it helps to prove the tournament happened, and just to see who placed with what character ETC ETC ETC.

goodkid

Smash Lord
This was at an Anime Convention & entry was $25 for one day, $40 for the weekend, so I guess $25 since that was the minimum required.

TOURNAMENT: ColossalCon7
LINK: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1543
VIDEOS: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B410A1DE7EDF4545&page=1
DATE: June 28, 2008
LOCALE: Midwest
ENTRANTS: 126
ENTRY: $25
RESULTS:
1. Monta (Marth, Mario, Sonic)
2. Anthony L. (Game & Watch)
3. georgeisspecial (Wolf)
3. Princess Aura (Toon Link, Zelda)
5. Ryzen Xia (Falco)
5. Sophelios (Meta Knight)
5. Daniel Smith (Lucario)
5. Joel Mills (Marth)

Another awesome idea for this thread would be to add an optional VIDEO LINK for tournaments. Just one link with only the youtube channel with the most vids of the tourney or grandfinals would only be needed. It would be able to show how certain characters were able to win tournaments.

Adapt

Smash Lord
no they do not.

Hey goodkid, Did Monta really use all three characters about equally in the process of winning that tourney?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I still have one more char to find. This was at an Anime Convention & entry was $25 for one day, $40 for the weekend, so I guess $25 since that was the minimum required.

TOURNAMENT: ColossalCon7
LINK: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1543
VIDEOS: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B410A1DE7EDF4545&page=1
DATE: June 28, 2008
LOCALE: Midwest
ENTRANTS: 126
ENTRY: $25
RESULTS:
5. Ryzen Xia (Falco)
5. Sophelios
5. Joel Mills (Meta Knight)

Another awesome idea for this thread would be to add an optional VIDEO LINK for tournaments. Just one link with only the youtube channel with the most vids of the tourney or grandfinals would only be needed. It would be able to show how certain characters were able to win tournaments.
What were the prize payouts? I doubt anyone entered the con just to play in the Brawl tournament.

goodkid

Smash Lord
no they do not.

Hey goodkid, Did Monta really use all three characters about equally in the process of winning that tourney?
I'm not 100% sure, but he did use them all in the Grand Finals & in the matches I watched on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B410A1DE7EDF4545&page=3

When I asked for chars. no one said he didn't use them, and this is why I have that Video Link up there because if you have some questions about characters, then you can look for yourself.:)

Yeah the prizes were free 09 badges for the next convention for top 4. First got something extra, I'll find out.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I didn't see much marth, only that one match in the finals, but he certainly used mario and sonic a lot.

The video link is a good idea thanks.

Homunkurusu

Smash Rookie
It strikes me as odd that there are so few Zelda mains. She has been so buffed in brawl its crazy. To top it all off I find that she often has the easiest time with the high-ranked MK and Snake... Am I the only Zelda mainer to notice this?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Those results make me wonder wtf the metagame is like in the midwest, and whether or not I should get in on that.

Squidster

Smash Ace
I was the anime expo
I went to enter in the tourney

I said **** that because there was 255 people with 200 people in reserves... pretty much all in one room with only 4 tvs....

O_O

As for the list, sheik/zelda being 1 char is kinda cool now

gantrain05

Smash Master
Those results make me wonder wtf the metagame is like in the midwest, and whether or not I should get in on that.
well, being right in the middle of the midwest, i can give u a clue, theres really not alot of MK's, a few snakes and olimar is almost non-existant, but as for metagame, we do pretty well here, all the tourneys' i've been to were full of very skilled players.

heres a couple of links to some tourneys i was at
2v2 match at delfino, port city *****.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu559d5bKCo
and heres jokers snake vs ZSS in MN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOfmT5FIzqQ
and another joker vid vs lucas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGcvHNk_Sn0

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
5. Ryzen Xia (Falco)
5. Sophelios
5. Joel Mills (Meta Knight)
Hmm...Midwest tournaments. And no Snake. I'll definitely have to get in on this.

Also, good to see Sonic moving up in the world. Mario is too, I suppose, but it's hard to get excited about that.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
well, being right in the middle of the midwest, i can give u a clue, theres really not alot of MK's, a few snakes and olimar is almost non-existant, but as for metagame, we do pretty well here, all the tourneys' i've been to were full of very skilled players.

heres a couple of links to some tourneys i was at
2v2 match at delfino, port city *****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu559d5bKCo
and heres jokers snake vs ZSS in MN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOfmT5FIzqQ
and another joker vid vs lucas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGcvHNk_Sn0
Ya, port city destroys us on a weekly basis. I'm the zelda in that video. I don't really play her much anymore and have moved on to lucario which I do much better with. Se'kou (the diddy) will play a MK when things aren't working out for him and Mara will play an olimar here and there. Joker is really the only serious snake player that we've found in Iowa.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I almost cared about those videos, then realized that the first one was doubles and the second two were added April 30th.

Yeah, those aren't good examples of the metagame.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Yeah Ankou it might take me a little longer to come up with my model. ph00tbag just reminded me that people are lazy and don't compile data properly. Someone needs to build some sort of smash rankings database. I guess with the circuits they kind of have that stuff, but is there any place where that data is readily available?

Like what Wizards of the Coast does with Magic the Gathering is they have a singular database which continually compiles data from their "Friday Night Magic" events and regional/national/world events. It's readily accessible and you can see who is top in your region/country/local area/etc.

To be honest I don't think we'll ever have a truly accurate list of anything unless we have some sort of official method to compile data other than via forum posts.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Another question. Does the tournament have to have all Competetive Players? (If the tourny's rules are the same of a competetive one, like no items, etc.)

and btw, i thought i remembered seeing Yoshi being ranked in a tourny, but when i look at the list that shows the total scores, Yoshi's not ranked. Was the info from that tourny Yoshi was in removed or something?

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Another question. Does the tournament have to have all Competetive Players? (If the tourny's rules are the same of a competetive one, like no items, etc.)

and btw, i thought i remembered seeing Yoshi being ranked in a tourny, but when i look at the list that shows the total scores, Yoshi's not ranked. Was the info from that tourny Yoshi was in removed or something?
I saw that too... Pr!de placed seventh in a tourney, I think it was NYC weeklies or something. They must not have uploaded the stats or anything.

GracieBarraJitsu

Smash Rookie
Panama (Central America) tournament.

Number of entrants: 24
Entry fee: 5 dollars
Where it was (what state it was in, or something): Panama City, Panama
Top 8, with character main for each of the top 8:
1st: Metaknight (brian)
2nd: Wario (Me)
3rd: Pikachu (Mark)
4th: Ike (Michael)
5th: Ike (Pedro)
6th: Marth (don't know his name)
7th: Snake (don't know his name)
8th: Fox (don't know his name)
Link to tournament page or results page: Sorry, no link.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok17

I saw that too... Pr!de placed seventh in a tourney, I think it was NYC weeklies or something. They must not have uploaded the stats or anything.
ya my Yoshi Tribe told me about it, but i dont see why they put the score in then removed it. may be an error

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
A recent list of approved items for competitive play was recently created by the smashboards community. I know they don't use items now but if a tourney ever did allow items would it be counted in this rankings?
I don't think so. Probably not. If for some odd reason Item tournaments become really popular, another ranking could be made with those results.

cool... can u give a link to that thread?
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164675

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom