• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo25

Smash Rookie
WOAH....falcon isn't the least used?!?!!!?
....Wow......Hmmm.....Yoshi is one of my secondaries...
Anyways, this is turning out to be a pretty good list. Who know, someday people might start using this for making the tier list the more accurate it gets.
:]

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
C and D rank characters switch places so fast it's gonna take time 'til their places get somewhat decided.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yeah, and people in E might see sudden jumps if they win a few things, or at least place well, out of nowhere.

asob4

Smash Champion
olimar in B rank makes me very sad
there's like 5 of us using him in tourney and look at how far we got him :D

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...what's the deal with Sheik/Zelda? Did the person actively switch characters during the match? Or did he use Sheik for some matches and Zelda for others?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actively switching characters during match is Sheik/Zelda. Using one character or the other throughout an entire match is that character solo.

Waddle Dee Army

Smash Apprentice
This list does not make any sense. It leaves out so many variables.

1. Some characters are great against some opponents and terrible against others.

2. How is the character being used? One character can have a dozen uses.

3. The human element. Some gamers are more effective in certain situations. I hate fighting Zelda.

4. What level? Link is one of the best characters on a edgeless level like Bridge of Edin, but Link's lack of recovery can be frustrating on Final Destination.

5. How well can the person use items? I am getting tired of tournaments without items. I can play this game well with or without items. If you cannot use items, then you suck.

THE FINAL POINT. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is an extremely balanced game. Any character has an equal chance against any opponent.

Adapt

Smash Lord

1. Some characters are great against some opponents and terrible against others.

3. The human element. Some gamers are more effective in certain situations. I hate fighting Zelda.

4. What level? Link is one of the best characters on a edgeless level like Bridge of Edin, but Link's lack of recovery can be frustrating on Final Destination.

5. How well can the person use items? I am getting tired of tournaments without items. I can play this game well with or without items. If you cannot use items, then you suck.

THE FINAL POINT. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is an extremely balanced game. Any character has an equal chance against any opponent.

FAEL! This list is about how well characters do in tournaments... nothing else

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace

I cried after I read this. Seriously. ENTRANCE EXAM PEOPLE. WE NEED THEM!

Waddle Dee Army

Smash Apprentice
FAEL! This list is about how well characters do in tournaments... nothing else
I cried after I read this. Seriously. ENTRANCE EXAM PEOPLE. WE NEED THEM!
Once again this list does not answer any questions. What were the rules for each tournament? What maps were used for each tournament? Were items allowed? (Who am I kidding items are never used for tournaments.) A list of opponents like the March Madness 64 tournament would be useful. How can I use this list for anything if it is just who won?

EDIT:

This chart is far more accurate and useful.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157979

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Once again this list does not answer any questions. What were the rules for each tournament? What maps were used for each tournament? Were items allowed? (Who am I kidding items are never used for tournaments.) A list of opponents like the March Madness 64 tournament would be useful. How can I use this list for anything if it is just who won?

EDIT:

Rules are more or less standard. Tourneys are linked in the REFERENCE LIST he has conveniently made FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU who find the need to nitpick a resource.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

EDIT:

First of all, R U SRS?! Second of all, like Thiocyanide said, I linked a reference list at the front post. It's detailed to the point of giving player names, character names, region of the country, and even a link to the tournament thread. I'm sorry that you skimmed to the list and basically assumed that it's supposed to be some "accurate list" or something. Uh, no. It's a list that (I hope) reflects the current metagame and frequency of character use in most tournaments, with a weight on their tournament performance.

Third of all, I have no idea how a subjective chart of matchups determined by a bunch of people, a good portion of which likely do not even attend tournaments, can be more "accurate" than a simple list of data completely derived from tournament results.

Waddle Dee Army

Smash Apprentice
Rules are more or less standard. Tourneys are linked in the REFERENCE LIST he has conveniently made FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU who find the need to nitpick a resource.
First of all, R U SRS?! Second of all, like Thiocyanide said, I linked a reference list at the front post. It's detailed to the point of giving player names, character names, region of the country, and even a link to the tournament thread. I'm sorry that you skimmed to the list and basically assumed that it's supposed to be some "accurate list" or something. Uh, no. It's a list that (I hope) reflects the current metagame and frequency of character use in most tournaments, with a weight on their tournament performance.

Third of all, I have no idea how a subjective chart of matchups determined by a bunch of people, a good portion of which likely do not even attend tournaments, can be more "accurate" than a simple list of data completely derived from tournament results.
I appreciate your posts. I just got really irritated about everyone referencing these lists for accuracy. Where are the lists? I like reading lists of tournaments to get a grasp of characters. I guess that is what annoys me about just a list of numbers without any information to where it came from.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have a list of tournaments detailing where they are, when they happened, who placed top8 and with what characters, how many people entered, how much the entry fee was, and giving a link to the tournament thread.

I then compile that into a list of characters detailing their overall placements.

How does a table with blue checkmarks and red X's have more imformation?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I'm glad this list got updated. I'm curious where the new chars made it on the roster from

Link
Shiek/zelda

When do you think you will update your tournament results page?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Essence Weekend Tournament
$10 entry
36 entrants
New Orleans, LA

2-Cyphus [Ice/ DK] & Lee [Metaknight/Snake]
3-Cluck [Metaknight]
4-David [Snake]
5-Rezze [ROB]
6-John Wu [Lucario/ Falco]
7-Loki [Metaknight]
7-Battosai [Marth]

Cyphus and Lee decided to split at the end, so there wasn't really a first place.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=180919

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I have a list of tournaments detailing where they are, when they happened, who placed top8 and with what characters, how many people entered, how much the entry fee was, and giving a link to the tournament thread.

I then compile that into a list of characters detailing their overall placements.

How does a table with blue checkmarks and red X's have more imformation?
You need to make it a giant bitmap. Then he'll take it seriously.

Throw in as many colors as possible.

Adapt

Smash Lord
It has more information.
First of all you are assuming that the matchup chart is correct... which it most certainly isn't

This listing here is correct. It's taken from real data... not the collective opinions of a bunch of people

Ankoku, further to what Thiocyanide said: don't forget to make it "pretty"

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
This is a great example of why tier list shouldn't circle around tourny results, and only keep them in mnd (i know that THIS isn't a tier list, but an example of how tourny results can skew a tier list).

Donkey Kong is above Pit, Peach is above Toon Link, Captain Falcon is above Zelda...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom