• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This really needs to be edited to account for how many people actually played certain characters.

There are far fewer users of certain characters, which is really skewing the charts here. Granted the fact that certain characters aren't used is taken into account by the fact that they might be bad, however...

Hm. I just see it as an issue is all.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
R.OOOOOO.B.!!! Why are you not god-tier?! Lol.

But, of course, this is not a tier list. But I'm kind of both surprised and not surprised at the same time that R.O.B. isn't S-ranked. Ah wells.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I am going to have to rescind my previous post saying that this game is balanced. After watching some videos of tourney metas and snakes...I am going to say that they have a definite advantage.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He's only the coolest prosecution attorney ever. I'm not even kidding.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I'm amazed. Sonic won something. Twice.

I'm guessing this could account into his rather dedicated Smash fanbase, made with 85% less lose and fail than his normal fanbase.

Oh shut up, please.

People like Brawl. It may not be quite as good as Melee competitively, but it is still very fun. Quit trolling and forcing your opinion down others throats

Vro

Smash Lord
I'm glad someone made this thread. I was worried my character list was too theoretical, not practical.

Keep updating! =) I'm interested in seeing how representative this list is. Are some characters being underused by popularity & chance or because they don't place well? Same question for the S class, but vice versa.

Kholdstare128

Smash Rookie
Uhh ... is it safe to assume that Wario is the biggest suprise here in this data?

Seriously, either Wario is much more popular than I thought or he's just a lot better than I thought, and seeing as though his crude humor generally turns a lot of people off, I'm leaning towards the latter ...

Gleam

Smash Ace
wow! Ganondorf's SLOWLY rising up. Considering all the bashing and "Ganon sucks" going on. Which, being D rank still kind of applies in a sense.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
hes gimpyfish. laws of life do not apply to him.

he can wavedash irl
Pshh... Wavedashing is sooo lame, I can super secret b-stick in real life.

On topic:

I am kind of disappointed with Marth's current rank, it's nothing to be ashamed of, but I though he would be doing better. Especially after Gimpyfish saying he was (is?) the best character in the game.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
^ I don't think so either. Stop posting data unless it has been approved. I think the list should only use tournaments that are known amongst the community. And known not to be scrub fests.

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
This is a pretty cool idea for character rankings. If we can obtain statistics on the overall frequency of use for each character then over time we should get something that approximates a tier list:

Top Finishes / Attempts = Effectiveness

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm going to apologize in advance for misrepresenting Ganondorf as if he was good, as opposed to me just being awesome.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm going to apologize in advance for misrepresenting Ganondorf as if he was good, as opposed to me just being awesome.
Haha.

Actually, I've been playing Ganondorf for teh lulz recently, and he's not as bad as people seem to think he is. He has an easy techchase if you know what you're doing, he has a pretty good bair, and thunderstorming is crazy good on some characters. Plus, half the time nobody expects you to land it without severe lag.

Also, the SPARTA!kick is awesome, just cuz it's the SPARTA!kick.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I pretty much like it. Very useful compilation of data you have going on TC. But how do you go about picking which tournaments to include; you only include the ones with good players or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom