• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You use your own judgment in deciding on whether or not that character should be counted as having been used in a way that would show a fair amount of representation.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i always thought rule of thumb was characters that won important matches (ie going random on a nub in round one isn't important, but counterpicking X to deal with U for one set is) losing with them shouldn't count as using them cause well you lost. In the end it's the player's judgement on if the char he used should be counted

milesg2g

Smash Champion
This summer I'm goin all out on brawl.
Finally gonna be out of high school.
getting a job,saving,college, and reppin Ness

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh well thats good then, i wish i could find the one were I took 4th with yoshi :/

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I forget to be honest. All I know is he didn't come back to bum's to finish the rest of the tourny.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Namesearch lul.

I didn't have time. Had to get home. I was already an hour late and my sets from that point on were guaranteed to be 30 minutes a piece soooo I opt'd to not piss off my parents 3 weeks before MLG. Smart move imo.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
For real timing out is excellent. I hope you people all do it more like Dphat and I

Flayl

Smash Hero
Does Atomsk always go MK against other MKs? ...'Cause that would bring the player count of top MK slayers down by 1 =/

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I can beat them with ICs it's just I haven't practiced ICs in a very long time, and my MK has been doing very well recently.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Try being good at this game then staying up there. If you don't practice a character that you use in a matchup you're ****ed once that matchup happenes

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Try being good at this game then staying up there. If you don't practice a character that you use in a matchup you're ****ed once that matchup happenes
Hey im not that bad, I consider myself quite decent. I often make the top 8 of tournies, and I main yoshi, I never really win though :/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not with Metaknight.

Metaknight matchup flowchart:

Are you Metaknight? ---> No ---> Pick Metaknight

Yes

Is this character lower mid tier or below? --> Yes --> Spam tornado

No

Is this character higher mid tier or above? ---> No --> You're on drugs

Yes

Is this character defensive in nature? --> Yes --> Find a way to force them to approach

No

Does this character rely
on aerial mobility or shield poking? --> Yes --> Run into them and shield, grab, or up+b at the peak of their jump

No

Does this character rely on a single gimmick, like chaingrabs
or bananas, to really do any damage? ------------------> Yes --------> Avoid this tactic and you're fine

No

Does this character survive a long time on stage? ---> Yes ---> Learn to edgeguard.

No

Does this character go toe-to-toe with Metaknight? ---> Yes ---> MK dittos are hard

No

You missed a step, or the character you are playing will be mid-tier soon. Check the above again.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I love it how the people that AREN'T good act like the MK flow actually matters or anything. Try doing that "guide" and beat any top player on the EC. You'll get your **** cut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom