• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i have a bunch of west coast tournaments that nobody has posted here for some reason, i'll make a mass post later

are late aug/sept tournies too late?

but for now,

CGC XII, San Fransisco, CA OCT 10 2009
Singles, $10, 43 entrants
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6509

1 DSF (metaknight)
2 michaelHAZE (Marth)
3: Tyrant (metaknight)
4: Erow (Snake/ZSS)
5: michael hey (GANON ONLY [beat zex])
5: WarpStatus (ZSS)
7: Sean (MK)
7: Tc1 (mario/diddy)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
shaya, you need to get djb to your next tourney, im pretty much tired of him getting first at 20 man scrub tourneys and losing to his brother and crap. i want to see how good he really is

Coney

Smash Master
got another tournament for you friends, but...it's a little abstract

there were two separate brackets. dunno if you want both of them, so i'll post them both just to be sure!

MD/VA Summer Circuit Finale
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252630
$15 Entry

AMATEUR BRACKET
38 Entrants

1: Ninjalink :rob:
2: Zucco :lucario:
3: Candy :snake:
4: Inui :metaknight:
5: Coney :dedede:
5: BMX :wario:
7: Hova :peach:
7: Shadofiend :sonic:

PRO BRACKET
24 Entrants

1/2: Neo :marth:
1/2: Ninjalink :rob:
3: P~S :olimar:
4: Junebug :lucario:
5: Boss :luigi2:
5: Chu :kirby2:
7: Azen Zagenite :lucario:
7: HAT :kirby2:

i will also note, just so the usual LOL NO MKS LOOK, that this region's few MKs didn't enter--forte, kornnn and omni didn't show up/enter singles...like usual.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think the pro bracket is for people who have points in the MD/VA circuit or whatever, and NinjaLink lives in NY.

Coney

Smash Master
basically you had to come to tournaments to get points--everyone in the top 13 gets at least one point. players that are relatively inactive (like hova, candy and myself) or OOS players that either didn't come/didn't place too well (inui and ninjalink) got fewer points overall, so they were forced into the amateur bracket.

pro bracket consisted of the top 16 in points. originally hat wasn't a member of that, but some players (ADHD, mainly) couldn't make it, so he got bumped up to fill the need. the amateur bracket is more like a real tournament, pro bracket is cream-of-the-crop, 24 of the best players in MD/VA and surrounding regions.

anyway, the top 8 placers in the amateur got put into the final pro bracket. kind of a strange system, no?

system kinda got worked around though, as inui + atomsk started off in the amateur bracket and went on all the way to win the pros.

take a gander at the brackets for an extra thrill. a few upsets like june beating meep and hat beating both atomsk and inui made the tourney exciting :O

Luigi player

Smash Master
That's a bit stupid... now the pro bracket only has 24 entrants and they will get less points even though it should be worth more than the amateur one...

Coney

Smash Master
this was the finale...all players were earning points basically for this event, now that it's over nobody has any points and everything's done with. the points were used for seeding, basically, and locking in the top 16.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Luigi Player said:
That's a bit stupid... now the pro bracket only has 24 entrants and they will get less points even though it should be worth more than the amateur one...
coney said:
this was the finale...all players were earning points basically for this event, now that it's over nobody has any points and everything's done with. the points were used for seeding, basically, and locking in the top 16.
I think the 'points' Luigi player is concerned about are in regards to Ankoku's list. In which case, I would assume Ankoku would take the TOTAL number of entrants for the event (number of people in AM + PRO bracket) and use ONLY the results from pro bracket.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, that sounds like the most intelligent decision, since it's top 8 from amateur + 16 seeded players.

Coney

Smash Master
ah, my mistake, thought he meant points for the circuit and not for the rankings, sorry

and yeah that sounds fine, figured i might as well supply both :3

Inui

Banned via Warnings
got another tournament for you friends, but...it's a little abstract

there were two separate brackets. dunno if you want both of them, so i'll post them both just to be sure!

MD/VA Summer Circuit Finale
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252630
$15 Entry

AMATEUR BRACKET
38 Entrants

1: Ninjalink :rob:
2: Zucco :lucario:
3: Candy :snake:
4: Inui :metaknight:
5: Coney :dedede:
5: BMX :wario:
7: Hova :peach:
7: Shadofiend :sonic:

PRO BRACKET
24 Entrants

1/2: Neo :marth:
1/2: Ninjalink :rob:
3: P~S :olimar:
4: Junebug :lucario:
5: Boss :luigi2:
5: Chu :kirby2:
7: Azen Zagenite :lucario:
7: HAT :kirby2:

i will also note, just so the usual LOL NO MKS LOOK, that this region's few MKs didn't enter--forte, kornnn and omni didn't show up/enter singles...like usual.
Bull****.

I beat BMX with Ike and Dedede, you one round with Dedede, and used Snake against two players.

I only fought you and NOID with MK in one single round each lolololololol.

In the pro bracket, Hat beat me with Dedede and Snake, not Kirby. NinjaLink beat me with Diddy Kong and he used ICs a lot against other people.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey Inui, your placement in Amateur bracket doesn't matter to me because I'm not gonna be counting it, so please refrain from discussion over your character usage in particular in this thread. It'll help keep things clean for when I do my results sweep :)

Thanks.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hey Inui, your placement in Amateur bracket doesn't matter to me because I'm not gonna be counting it, so please refrain from discussion over your character usage in particular in this thread. It'll help keep things clean for when I do my results sweep :)

Thanks.
Oh, I didn't know you wouldn't count that despite it being a 38 person bracket with top players in it.

I got 9th in pr0 and only used Snake, but that doesn't matter. NinjaLink still should have Diddy Kong and ICs next to his name.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Me counting the amateur bracket along with the pro bracket just because the amateur bracket had top players in it would be like me counting pools results of a tournament because it had the top players in it too before they got moved up to the top 16/32/whatever brackets.

Coney

Smash Master
Bull****.

I beat BMX with Ike and Dedede, you one round with Dedede, and used Snake against two players.

I only fought you and NOID with MK in one single round each lolololololol.

In the pro bracket, Hat beat me with Dedede and Snake, not Kirby. NinjaLink beat me with Diddy Kong and he used ICs a lot against other people.
jesus man, simmer down-nah

i like to list only one person for these rankings, and you're an MK main. didn't watch all of HAT's matches but some that i saw he was using kirby, and he's listed on the PR's as a kirby main. you're usually associated with MK so of course i'd assume you used him more than anyone, even though you said you used only snake in pros.

i also didn't see NL use anyone but ROB, he used him in the finals and in doubles so i thought that was what he was rolling with this tourney

you can come into this thread and correct me and i'll apologize but let's turn down the intensity down a few notches

Me counting the amateur bracket along with the pro bracket just because the amateur bracket had top players in it would be like me counting pools results of a tournament because it had the top players in it too before they got moved up to the top 16/32/whatever brackets.
fair enough brah, didn't think you'd actually use it but figured i might as well include it

Irow

Smash Ace
TOURNAMENT: TAG Monthly XXIV
LINK: http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6562
DATE: October 17, 2009
LOCALE: Sacramento, CA
ENTRANTS: 25
ENTRY: $10.00
RESULTS:
1 RedJ (Marth/Snake/Diddy Kong)
2 Zex (Marth)
3 Erow (Snake)
4 Stepping it up for Michael Hey [Irow] (King DeDeDe)
5 Mr. Winkey Face (Game & Watch)
5 Meep (Snake/Meta Knight)
7 CBK (Donkey Kong)
7 Sal (Snake)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Gigabits - A fall brawl
entrants - 41
entry fee $15
Orlando, Florida

1.RedHalberd :metaknight:
2.Seibrik :metaknight::dedede:
3.HrNut :falco::marth::snake:
4.GDX :diddy:
5.Chaz :metaknight::marth:
5.Hbox :dedede:
7.Shaky :ness2:
7.Poltergust :yoshi2:

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
burn .

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Will update on Halloween.

Does anyone actually pay attention to the numbers or are they more interested in just the listing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom