• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Going off what you just said, there really isn't a big picture yet. Still, somethings never change like Metaknight's OMGHAXORZ first place lead.
The big picture being all the data collected since this thread began. Even though some of the older data is obsolete.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
D Rank «Underused» 6.23%
21 :ike: Ike (7 top8, 3 top4, 1 top2, 1 win) - 46.9 - 26
22 :luigi2: Luigi (6 top8, 1 top4, 2 top2) - 59.2 - 23
23 :zelda: Zelda/Sheik (7 top8, 4 top4, 1 top2, 1 win) - 48.1 - 25 :shiek:
Zelda/Sheik has the exact same wins as Ike except they have 1 more top 4, so why is she 2 under Ike? And how do Luigis points add up to that much? Both Ike and Zelda have more wins than him except in top2, but should the larger amounts of top 4, top 8, and the 1 wins make their points be higher? Im kinda confused on the how the list is organized now. Unless Im just dumb and not reading correctly .___.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It's because of the size of the tournaments. A tourney with 100 people is obviously going to be worth more than a tourney with 13, so it would only be accurate that they're worth more points.

Notice it doesn't say the size of the tourneys in those wins listed.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ah ok, if that was directed at me, but it still says that Zelda has 1.2 more points than Ike after it lists the wins :\ Does the same rule apply there as well? Otherwise it would fall under the Luigi thing.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
And now that I look even more carefully it looks like she has more points than Pit too O.o

ZOMG Zelda/Sheik broke to top 20 o______o

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
The placement of Link scares me. o_O

Good to see that Yoshi moved up character wise. Although, the drop into E rank depresses me. I feel like he should be higher, but I always seem to come up to 9th place in medium-sized (40-60 people) tourneys. :(

:069:

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Well, in that sense: Metaknight > Brawl. :laugh: Heh, I still love following this thread regardless (you know, despite Mario being forever stuck in the Hell known as E rank).
I'd personally like to see a composite list of all the data from the game. Like instead of doing it monthly or seasonally do it for the most recent six month period. Like when a new month of data is added the oldest month is deleted. It would be a bit more complicated to maintain but such a list wouldn't have dramatic shifts based on one tournament or one player.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Luigi actually has 44.2 points, sorry about the typo. The numbers for Zelda/Sheik are consistent - **** happens, including attending smaller tournaments and points being split among several characters.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Quoting a character board's tourney placings to a ranking thread is a bad idea?...
Definitely. Sometimes trends are good though. Like Link winning a big tournament once SKEWS Link's statistics, but he is typically at the top of the E placings. Where as MK/Snake have been number 1 and 2 since May of 2008, where it was Snake then MK :p You can make some translations based on tournament rankings, but you have to look at all the statistics rather than just 1 set. Also, they are still just statistics, just because someone who is better player picks MK, doesn't mean he will be Link with MK. This happened in a tournament where I was in. It was one of the only matches I won versus this guy strangely enough...

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
Luigi actually has 44.2 points, sorry about the typo. The numbers for Zelda/Sheik are consistent - **** happens, including attending smaller tournaments and points being split among several characters.
However Z/S is down as having 48.1 points, more than pit, ike and luigi (excluding typo).

That also a typo?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wow, I guess I fell asleep or something when I did that section, lol.
Z/S is 43.8.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
heres the way I see it:

I remember a time a little over a year ago, when reflex was a wario main. yet, people like typh and steeler (as far as i know) have mained him since the game came out.

So there are people that have put MORE time than reflex into his character and are not getting his results. Thats why I disagree with your statement.

I do think PT should move up, just not all that much
well you have to keep in mind that there are about eight (give or take) PT mains that are even decent at this game, regardless of who they play. and i don't see why anyone would ever want to switch mains to PT. so don't expect to see anyone else start playing at reflex's level any time soon unless someone like toby or magik (both good but not "one of the greats") take the next step in their progression.

reflex is our only top level main, basically

also typh is quitting PT lol

also also android 18 is awesome

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd personally like to see a composite list of all the data from the game. Like instead of doing it monthly or seasonally do it for the most recent six month period. Like when a new month of data is added the oldest month is deleted. It would be a bit more complicated to maintain but such a list wouldn't have dramatic shifts based on one tournament or one player.
That would be cool but, all in all, I applaude Ankoku for being able to keep up with this much data for so long and not completely burning out on it. Seriously, if this were run by me, I would have been burned out within the first three months. :laugh:

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Umm, just do look at the data over the past 6 months and make your own analysis? It is not very hard to look at the previous months and make an assessment.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Umm, just do look at the data over the past 6 months and make your own analysis? It is not very hard to look at the previous months and make an assessment.
What he means is that the data would be kept for half a year instead of the two-three months it is now. All in all though, I'd imagine that you'd get mostly the same results but only with bigger numbers and more data.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Mass Madness 17 Results for Brawl Singles:

1st Darc
2nd Kool Aid
3rd Dazwa
4th IcyLight
5th OBM
5th Bizkit
7th Fatal
7th Green Ace

Green Ace plays :yoshi:.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea, but who the hell does everyone else on that list play?

once again, this is NOT your character's tournament results thread, we need the results for everyone for this thing to even seem accurate

we also need a thread to verify these results, an entry fee, and a number of entrants.

yea, its nice that a yoshi player got top 8 at a tourney, but it really isnt worth anything if its a 1 dollar tournament with 16 people in it, now is it?

Tien2500

Smash Lord
It actually is pretty hard when I don't have the anything for those other months except the order.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Ah, I guess I looked at Shaya's list of yearly statistics or something, I could have sworn there was something besides the tournament results. Reading through EVERY thing would take a long time. I thought the first page had the numbers included for each season.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
atomsk, this is JJ... are u seriously a wolf main now =P??

If you have any questions about certain matchups with wolf, feel free to IM me.

aim: cast0rp0llux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom