• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Heh i like the point system kinda makes sense but i mean also still very much like a tier list which DONT EXIST btw please look at my sig link some very important news.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wolf should be higher on the list. He insane if you know how to use him.
Wow, read my entire opening paragraph, please. I'm not going to tolerate any more comments of "move this guy up!" or "why is he so low?"

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Whats even more pathetic is the Pokemon Trainer rankings.

PT's learning curve might be making it difficult for him to win in the tourney scene, but he is still doing a lot worse (rank wise) than he should. I guess us PTs need to step it up as well.

Kilut

Smash Cadet
Ankoku, do you have a record of where every character was? because I just got an awesome idea of maybe someone doing a graph Of where a character is on the list and how they've placed historically, to see if they've been doing better or worse... maybe keep a record, and find out if someone wants to do it (not now of course, maybe a year or two from now)

An example, say snake is awesome now, but then we find some gamebreaking technique(very unlikely) that everyone can use BUT snake(I know its not gonna happen, but its called an example) and snake stasrts dropping in rank, but then we find out how to counter the tech, and snake shoots back up, You'd be able to see just when and stuff... I dunno it could be cool.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
It makes sense that Pokemon trainer is down there, mastering 3 pokemon at once is hard. :p
Squirtle sucks, by the way. Water Gun is horrible....he only has good aerial moves and Withdraw.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
No Squirtle does not suck. Squirtle's aerials are incredibly quick with good priority. He also has incredibly quick aerial movement second only to Wario and maybe Jigglypuff. He also has great tilts. His Utilt can combo most characters and hit at least a few times, ftilt is incredibly quick and links into his jab combo. He also has a very unique dash/turn animation which can be used to augment his ground game. He may be one of the lightest characters but he's also the smallest character which is a good thing as he can be very hard to hit.

Charizard is also pretty good too. I won't get into that now. But I feel Charizard and Squirtle are both at least middle of the pack characters and you can pretty easily avoid using Ivysaur too much if you don't like him. I think if a few good pros pick up PT he can make a pretty sizable leap in this list. In any event I don't think PT is as bad as G-dorf/Falcon.

S2

Smash Lord
If you aren't already doing this...

for accuracy's sake, the points should be kept current by only considering results from tournaments within the last few months (or any amount of time).

Otherwise, characters who were once popular but are not declining (or vice-versa) don't cling to spots because of points they earned a long time ago, when they aren't earning many points anymore.

I'm not going to argue that Snake/Meta are moving from S rank, but that the middle/high ranks may not fluctuate as they should if the list is based on touranments with a weaker metagame.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
He's restarting the whole thing for this summer. How long are the seasons going to be?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
3 months each. Dec/Jan/Feb Mar/Apr/May Jun/Jul/Aug Sep/Oct/Nov

Shouldn't they be as long as.....you know.......the Real life seasons?

So Summer rankings should stop at about Spetember 21-22 <_<.

Or you know what screw it, the 3 month increments are better anyway >_>.

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I think the Tier List is...

Top: Marth, Meta Knight, Snake
High: Ike, Olimar, Toon Link, King Dedede, Pikachu
Mid: Luigi, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Pit, WOlf, Wario, Lucas, G+W
Low: Mario, Peach, Yoshi, ROB, Kirby, Fox, Falco, Ice Climbers
Very Low: Samus, Ness, Link, Sheik, P Trainer
Bottom: Gannondorf, Sonic, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, don't. There's a stickied thread for posting your opinion on what the ranking of characters is.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
There's probably a thread dedicated to that, and this isn't it. Besides, just posting a tier list without any reasoning as to why the characters are positioned where they are at is basically something Gamefaqs would do.

Just... don't do it here.

MattC13

Smash Cadet
I personally think Lucario and Falco should be switched. This is not in tourney's in anything, but I've matched Level 9 CPU's of both a few times. Lucario won all of them.

Plus I'm best with Lucario xD

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
I personally think Lucario and Falco should be switched. This is not in tourney's in anything, but I've matched Level 9 CPU's of both a few times. Lucario won all of them.

Plus I'm best with Lucario xD
The whole point of this thread is to give us a bit of info on the standings of characters that are used in tournaments. Your personal opinion will not change anything, unless it gets you to go to tourneys and win with a specific character.

BTW, two CPUs fighting do not mean anything. They play nothing like real people.

MattC13

Smash Cadet
The whole point of this thread is to give us a bit of info on the standings of characters that are used in tournaments. Your personal opinion will not change anything, unless it gets you to go to tourneys and win with a specific character.

BTW, two CPUs fighting do not mean anything. They play nothing like real people.
I guess your right...I should get my WiFi working so I can switch Lucario was Falco :)

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
...Wifi doesn't count either. Too much lag. Real results come from face-to-face opponents.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
what do the red and green highlights mean?

changes in ranking?

MattC13

Smash Cadet
...Wifi doesn't count either. Too much lag. Real results come from face-to-face opponents.
Are you kidding me? D:

I really wouldn't want to join a face-to-face tournament if it's not professionally organized by Ninendo or something. I keep in mind about stalkers on message boards.

PK Hexagon

Smash Apprentice
Are you kidding me? D:

I really wouldn't want to join a face-to-face tournament if it's not professionally organized by Ninendo or something. I keep in mind about stalkers on message boards.
Lol How old are you? Get off the internet, its dangerous.

Anyway, we Marths need to step it up...lest we get passed by Wario. :ohwell:

MattC13

Smash Cadet
Lol How old are you? Get off the internet, its dangerous.
I know a 10 year old who likes hentai and swearing, I know some guy who's witnessed a murder.

I'm 13 (14 in a week), and I have a pretty rare last name. If it was Stevens or Smith or Martin I would fell much safer. :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Keep this **** out of my thread, please. I've already wanted to throttle people multiple times now.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
LOL at those posts.

Anyway, I saw some vids of you playing Peach Ankoku, any chance you gonna take her to tourney play? :ohwell:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
For certain matchups, maybe. I haven't really been active in the tourney scene as of late. (lack of ride johns)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom