• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Gimpyfish, also didn't you say in the Brawl First Impressions Video that Marth was the best in the game? I am not holding you to it or anything, I am just wondering if there was a major discovery that made you change your mind.

Squidster

Smash Ace
If 100 people entered a Melee tournament and 99 of them played Ness and one of them was Ken playing Marth, Ken would still win. That's because Ness sucks in Melee. It has nothing to do with how unpopular he is. He is simply an inferior character. Even Simna who is undoubtedly the best Melee Ness player could not beat Ken with Ness (I haven't seen him playing very many big names other than that but I doubt he could beat m2k, pc, cort etc. consistently with Ness either.)

Although the gap between tiers in Brawl is debatedly less expansive than it was in Melee, the results are the same. Some characters are worse than others no matter how popular they may be. I'm not saying that Ankoku's list will give us a perfect demonstration of which characters are better than others in a few years, but right now with the metagame developement where it is, this is a moderately accurate portrayal of which characters will do better than others. In a few years it may very well be different but that's not what this list is about. It's about now. And if you really don't think it's accurate than trying playing Ganondorf or Samus up against a good Snake player. You might find that you quickly change your mind. I honestly see no reason for debate over the validity of this list given that it is based on actual tournament data.
Except that ken would get +5 points on this list and ness would get +11, putting ness ahead in this list.

BUT, that doesn't matter and this list is still an awesome resource to have. I don't think its possible for there to be 99 bad characters and 1 good character so this list is still going to end up being a fairly accurate representation of tiers.

Except that ken would get +5 points on this list and ness would get +11, putting ness ahead in this list.

BUT, that doesn't matter and this list is still an awesome resource to have. I don't think its possible for there to be 99 bad characters and 1 good character so this list is still going to end up being a fairly accurate representation of tiers.
You do realize that's major hyperbole, no Tournament is actually THAT unbalanced in terms of character variety.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Gimpyfish, also didn't you say in the Brawl First Impressions Video that Marth was the best in the game? I am not holding you to it or anything, I am just wondering if there was a major discovery that made you change your mind.
People learned how to play Snake, and the game in general.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
@ NSS: You and Sonic vs. Gimpy. As long as the odds are 2 on 1.......... we can still lose.

@ Ankoku: Oh yeah.... good work and stuff.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah so snake is good right now, but i really think its because he is a completely unique character concept to smash, no smash has every really had a character who fights with his style, i think once people start getting used to fighting snake he's not going to be winning so many tourneys. but thats just my opinion.

Sliq

Smash Master
You guys want to know why Ganon is where he is? Me baby. Because of me.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
HOW IS *insert favorite character here* SO LOW?! HE'S MUCH BETTER THAN THAT. YOUR LIST IS DUMB.
What does it mean if your question is, "How is *insert character you are surprised to see doing so well/poorly* doing so well/poorly? This list is great.

The SFR versus SBR that is such a funny thought. While everyone was worried about the melee versus Brawl split, the SFR was secretly building any army that would overthrow Smash as we know it. Such a funny thought. Too bad we don't stand a chance.

Anyway, I may not check this as often as I should but the list seems to be fluctuating a lot more than I expected. I am eager to see what this will look like in a year or so.

I wonder if you could do the same with players and see how they rank. Then we could make pro tier list.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Gimpy, I demand your brawl code, but I bet you get that alot. But yeah, anyway, Bowser got buffed no doubt. His attacks are stronger and especially with that Boswercide thing...yeah...
yes, the major bump from bottom to low tier.

And, Gimpy I'm not saying you were touting Bowser as best, just that, when you thought he was good, you made it your one man mission to push that belief on everyone, and belittle those who thought differently ... in just the way you were telling other people not to... just saying.

Though, to be fair, most of the ridiculous fanatacism was from the enormous ocean of N00bs and scrubs who live and breathe your every word...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm telling people not to because it was a ******** thing for me to do when i did it with melee bowser. it was obvious he was horrible.

it's not "hypocritical" as it's nothing i currently do nor do i support it nor have i done it in a very long time.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Who cares if you are hypocritical or not you are human ad everyone makes mistakes both good mistakes and bad ones.
Wat matters is that he had time to think about it and so his opinion changed on the matter.
He originally thought Bowser was good with the limited amount of time he had with the game at E for all.
Now that we've had the game for a longer amount of time he see he is wrong and admits it.

Let the man be human.
LEAVE GIMPY ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE! IM SERIOUS!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I am really surprised at Diddy's placement. Then again, I only know one diddy player lol.

And I don't think you should count tournaments that happened before the game was even out in America.

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in seeing a percentile-based study as a comparison, since different tournament sizes should be accounted for...

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Pokemon Trainer needs more rep, seriously...

I thought for sure M2K saying Squirtle is high tier would bring people to play him a lot more - lol.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Is this thread basically an alternate version of the Offical Brawl Tier Discussion? JC
No, it's a thread that takes actual tournament results and gives them points based on performance. Then they are ranked based on those points.

Do people even read first posts anymore?

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
I can't believe Falco is so low :p. Great character who needs more representation. He will definitely be viable in nationwide tourneys.

You guys want to know why Ganon is where he is? Me baby. Because of me.
You made him D rank?

Naw he'd be near the bottom of E rank without you. I think you might get him to low tier at least maybe mid by introducing your techniques :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom