• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchups & Strategies

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Yes, Galax, I just got back from work. I go to college and still pull 9 hour shifts 3 or 4 days a week. Plus, I live on my own. Please don't talk to me about how hectic life can be.

Now, you promised to work on posting the match-ups around a month ago. Let's be honest here- I don't care if you are the president of the United States of America, you are NOT too busy to post the match-ups given a month's time. And who said we are requiring you to do the write-ups before you list the match-up numbers? Give us the match-up numbers FIRST! There used to be match-up numbers, however you did away with them for some unknown reason. Put them back up. Most of them are accurate anyway. Then we can all look at said match-up numbers and judge from there.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Gallax I'll go play KayLo and see how to approach her with pika :0

At E: match up numbers are not important as "how to win the match". Motto of the Ike boards lol. Means a match up analysis without numbers is better than numbers without an analysis. What good are numbers if you don't know how to win?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Gallax I'll go play KayLo and see how to approach her with pika :0

At E: match up numbers are not important as "how to win the match". Motto of the Ike boards lol. Means a match up analysis without numbers is better than numbers without an analysis. What good are numbers if you don't know how to win?
What you're not getting is that we HAD the write-ups, but Galax did away with them all for no good reason, as well as doing away with all the match-up numbers (most of which are still quite accurate). Why did he do this is what I'd like to know.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
For those who don't want to read the almighty Wall of Text (a.k.a., everyone but Gallax), I would be happy to play any Pikas who want to try out different approaches on me. I'm not a pro Zelda or anything, but mine is decent enough, I think. <3

EDIT: Moved the Wall of Text to the Zelda discussion thread, but the above still applies.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uh...kaylo...don't post it here. Isn't there a zelda discussion?
Uhh, I dunno, I didn't look. I will now.... if there is, I'll post it there.

I was just posting here since this is where Gallax mentioned it, lol.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
i was wondering if we could do that. i posted that idea like a million posts back but no one knew how to do it. If you are able to, you are the man forever.
Yeah. It's a little bit of a "brute force" method, but it gets the job done and looks great. Basically you just split it up into a bunch of different images of each of the characters, and make each one a linked image. Once I get the new numbers from you, I'll split it up, and do up the code for it, and then send that to you.

Mew.

gallax

Smash Hero
ok people. seriously. do you think falco really is at a disadvantage against us?

now the ratios say he is. but im changing it here to make pika at a disadvantage soon. im putting it 45:55 in favor of falco.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yes falco is disadvantage. I still say its at least 55:45 pika. There is no way its even. His kill moves don't really work offline, so you should be surviving forever. Also, you can survive a fresh u-smash from him at like 120% with good DI and momentum cancel. See vid here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTkF5sFNTPc

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I would keep it 55:45 Pika. I actually landed the 100% CG cause its so easy to set up. Just gotta get lucky with the fthrow and hope you grab them at the ledge.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You can't just say i think so or i don't think so. Give some reasoning so we can either agree or disagree and prove/disprove what you are saying.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
K Prime is amazing and can do whatevuh he wants. 3;<

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
lol, <3 Tag, Bunny, and Phantom. You guys are going to make ESAM hate me. I'll explain why I think Falco has advantage after I test some things.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lol not rly, its just that saying something with no back-up is a pain in the ***. Also, thats a very cute siggy, i'm surprised bunny hasn't talked about it yet.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Lol not rly, its just that saying something with no back-up is a pain in the ***. Also, thats a very cute siggy, i'm surprised bunny hasn't talked about it yet.
Lol, in my head I said "Aww, that's cute.."

gallax

Smash Hero
check out the new chart. i was gonna wait to make sure the numbers were right, but since this new cg came out i figured they are gonna change in like a week or 2 so why not. this is thanks to kitt22 for putting it together for me.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Looks great. I thought Lucario and Olimar were supposed to be at least 40:60 but I guess I'll go read up on the matchup threads.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
New chart and numbers look good. Great job, Gallax & Kitt!

But yeah, you're right, some of these are guaranteed to change soon with the CGs, lol.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Eeehhm Noob Question about the Template with the match-ups numbers: What the upper number means? For example, Meta Knight has a 7.7 then a 40:60 match-up ratio.... what the 7.7 means?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
7.7 means the relative difficulty out of 10. Its so when you have 5 60:40 matchups, you know which ones are actually easier and harder.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
nice new chart gallax! and the links it has are very handy as well. One thing though, is it supposed to be like a black space above the pika picture? or is that just my computer? Aside from that, its really cool! Good job Kitt and gal :]

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
nice new chart gallax! and the links it has are very handy as well. One thing though, is it supposed to be like a black space above the pika picture? or is that just my computer? Aside from that, its really cool! Good job Kitt and gal :]
I don't see a black space.... :confused: Unless you mean Pika's ear, hehe.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
o.O Weird. I see it as one solid image, lol.

EDIT: I lied. I see it as a solid image on Mozilla on my laptop, but on my sister's comp (which has IE), it's broken up.... but in a different way than yours. I guess it depends on your browser.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
haha wtf? what tab is that stealth rofl...and I use firefox...so Idk what's going on lol oh well I still get the gist of it

entY8

Smash Rookie
I think you should upgrade to Firefox 3, it should probably look like this.
Looks just as crappy in ie7 for me (even a little crappier - it's putting (nearly) all of it on one line).

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
maybe that's the problem...I'll try that. Yeah for me, it appears to have MK all the way to Fox on one row with sheik vs PT by themselves, with a black bar for the rest of that row and then squirtle through captain falcon on the last row with picture of pika...oh well Thanks for the right one, it's MUCH cooler :D

gallax

Smash Hero
yeah that black bar is a wtf type of things. it definately should not be there. your internet is screwing up with the awesomeness of my chart.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i see how it is, well my internet thinks your chart is screwing up my internet lol jk, it's a cool chart nonetheless, how did kitt make it?

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
i see how it is, well my internet thinks your chart is screwing up my internet lol jk, it's a cool chart nonetheless, how did kitt make it?
Photoshop =P

The images of the characters I took from Galax, who I believe took them from around the Smash Boards (I've seen a few other guides use these images as well).

I then cleaned them up a bit, because there were some pixel coloring issues and border issues (they weren't all uniform, and some of the characters had "see through" blotches on them).

After that I made the different colored buttons for each of ratings to go in, and assigned the colors to different number ranges (if you want more on how exactly I did the assignments, I can let you know). Then I stuck them all together on top of an adorable background.

The spectrum scale is just a little elaboration on the one Galax originally had.

As far as the links go, I just cut each part of the main image into it's own image, then made each image a link, and lined them all up together so that it looks like one fluid image!

Probably way more than you wanted to know, but oh well XD

Mreow.

Top Bottom