• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Idea Submission Thread

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Kirby with C4.

Kirby with C4 teaming with Snake in doubles.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe.
Instead of "Now!" he'd go "Fiyo!"
Also, Kirby's counter would have to reach Marth. Can you imagine him with a Marth tipper-range counter? o.O;

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
I don't know if he is going to be in the game, but with the presence of Roy and now Doc (as a costume), I now post some Ideas I got about... Pichu !

He was realy bad in Melee, but I realy hope he will be in the game and buffed like everyone else.

- First I think his Nair and Up smash are perfect and don't need to be changed.
- His Dair and Bair should maybe be like they are in SD Remix.
- His U-air should make more damage.
- His Foward Smash can keep it's low range but become a one hitbox move with a powerfull strike.
- Give him more range tilts and grab
- His B-moves are okay, maybe make his Up-B alway have 1 frame end lag to give him better option out of it. And a more powerfull Down-B ? Side B should be more powerfull too.
- His dash attack could be a new move ? Electric move ?

Now about his attacks that hurt him. Maybe remove them or give them some form of utility. Why not replace one of his attack (Down B by exemple) by a powerful move that charges everytime Pichu use electric move ? Or who are more powerfull when he is at high% ? Or something like that ?

After, I alway imagined the Pichu bros as playable characters as Pichu sucessors (with a Pulse&Minun costume !). They popular in the anime and could be mad emore viable without buffing the moveset ! He could be played like the ICs.

Those are some ideas, witht he hopes that this character will make it in.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Kirby with a counter sounds amazing, actually. And while Raptor Boost is probably a better move for Kirby, there's something that just feels wrong about a Kirby that can't Falcon Punch....

Now Kirby with Jiggs' Rest though... *trollface*

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
Instead of "Now!" he'd go "Fiyo!"
Also, Kirby's counter would have to reach Marth. Can you imagine him with a Marth tipper-range counter? o.O;
Yeah, the length of the sword would have to be extended a bit, but since it's only visible when MarthKirby is actually doing an attack I don't think it would be too much of an issue. Sword Dance or whatever Marth's side special is called would still have issues since even with an elongated sword Kirby isn't tall enough to properly link all the attacks, unless the sword's length fluctuates a lot as the move goes on, but that would look weird. With counter the the opponent would have to be within hitting distance of Kirby for the attack to even be triggered, so height isn't an issue.

Now Kirby with Jiggs' Rest though... *trollface*
Oh that just sounds malicious.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Wariokirby needs Shoulderbash instead of... Y'know. Almost the same move he already has.

Thinking about the optimal moves for Kirby to steal is now my new favorite pastime.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I have no idea, where to post this, or anything but, I thought I'd rather do it now, before I get my 3rd job.... >.>;

Calabrel, and others wanted my input earlier, and I don have time to look over the thread or if this is even the "correct thread" to put it in so sorry in advance if it's not.. but.. (Copy/pasted from the project M Facebook page)

Yoshi would be nice... I'm sure it's been stated here though, but Yoshi can come after a few other characters... Yoshi doesn't really NEED too much tweaking honestly.. there are just too few players willingly to adapt to his skill ceiling/curve and put in the time/effort... Give Yoshi, a jump OoS, PAL weight/superarmor/smash attack buffs, N64 Utilt/dair and fix his grab hitboxes, and ("optional" egglay OoS (Neutral , and a "red turtle shell like effect on Yoshi's egg roll (Forward .. Low % but fixed knockback, and he's done)... Things I've seen that aren't necessary, are the captain Falcon like recovery, Side B>another jump isn't necessary... A beginning hitbox for Eggbomb (Down+B) isn't necessary.. (I REALLY hope they get rid of this) the build I played, it's almost automatic , and the hitstun on the hitbox is DUMB.. TOO GOOD honestly since it killed around 80%, which leads to a confirm Egg bomb.. on the best hitbox (parallel to yoshi's bum) the hitbox came out in 2 frames (falco shine?) and the hitbox, is at the chars feet, which means it shield stabbed.. ALOT, I believe, which autocomboed.. PLEASE GET RID OF...

I know i'm rather late, just I work 2, (soon to be 3 jobs now) so I RARELY have free time for anything, or without me being exhausted...

yep, I just bumped this, sorry >.>

you guys

-Vman-

PS, I actually added MORE than what he actually needs he only really NEEDS like 2 of those things up there^ the Jump OoS, and the PAL weight.. all the other modifications, are just "acceptable" and would warrant other players to "want to use him"I'd rather only a few changes, since they're the only ones necessary.. Im just sure the "other" changes would want to be warranted for people to be willing to learn Yoshi's skill ceiling..

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yoshi post.
I think giving Yoshi Jump OOS would be fine if it was accompanied by something like Lucario's shield health. I like PAL weight (dunno about 64 utilt/dair) and his grab boxes from Brawl alone are really really good (especially pivot grab). I don't mind the beginning hitbox from eggbomb (via brawl), but you probably know this a lot better than I do. Small things like the hop from eggtoss (via Brawl) and the ability to jump after doing it if you saved your double-jump are also really good as well. I don't think that he needs quite a lot things though, so yeah I agree.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say that maybe V3ctorman is overrating the character and underrating himself. I would definitely argue that Yoshi would need a little more than what he recommended. Not that he needs to be super-buffed, but just doing what V3ctorman posted would probably be fine if this was Yoshi in Melee, but would leave the character in bottom five in the PM environment considering all the new difficult match-ups he'll have to face.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Yoshi:
-Get rid of side B (Egg Roll)
-Make his current neutral B (Egg Lay) his side B
-Make his Egg Toss his neutral B
-Make a new up special similar to his Egg Roll in concept except instead of rolling horizontally he jumps straight up while spinning in his egg.

BigglesWorth

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I play Yoshi, it is a lot easier for me to chain grabbed then when I play other characters and how cumbersome his grab game and combos are compared to other characters would be one of his biggest gimps in my mind. I would love to see Yoshi's grab come out slightly faster, be tiltable on the ground, and can be used in the air. This would give a few more options to answer being grabbed mid double jump, especially after investing into an engagement. A few well thought out "air throws" would could give yoshi some combo options. It saddened me that his greatest weapon in other games lack so much luster in melee. Egg lay would be cool option as a part of throw since it did help me space out opponents so I could counter properly. Probably, my favorite qualities of yoshi is his counter potential. A well done double jump cancel counter feels awesome. I thought it would be cool if yoshi had 1 or 2 frames of invincibility or heavy armor on his initial frames for double jumping, this would give a player options to avoid trading as much damage when djcc or just coming in for a nair. It would make Yoshi actually have a means of dealing with being grabbed out of the air in general. Giving his shield its side regeneration in melee and a single sweet spot frame for a flower effect when parrying would be cool or maybe just making his parries a little bit more accessible. I love how egg throw works in melee (wouldn't change from that). The only other thing I would think of as possibilities would be make egg roll instantly jump cancellable out of so he could recover from long distances. Those were my ideas. Probably not great ones. I love his learning curve, his counters, his egg shenanigans, and maybe his moonwalking & triangle jumping if I will ever learn to do it. As some who isn't that good at the game but played yoshi from a kid, any love he gets will be greatly appreciated. Please not all my suggestions are starting from the Melee version and not on top of other suggestions or current iterations (it might seem a little op with other things XD).

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I just want to say that maybe V3ctorman is overrating the character and underrating himself. I would definitely argue that Yoshi would need a little more than what he recommended. Not that he needs to be super-buffed, but just doing what V3ctorman posted would probably be fine if this was Yoshi in Melee, but would leave the character in bottom five in the PM environment considering all the new difficult match-ups he'll have to face.
There are a lot of people over the last few years (and before but to a lesser extent), and a lot of solid players tampering with Yoshi, that have considered that Yoshi being able to jump OOS would make him a top contender in tournaments.
That option alone opens up the single most universal neutral-game defense to offense transition game that literally every other character in the game has access to.
With whatever goodness he'd get from Brawl-based stuff (better grab-boxes, hop on Up-B (might be better not with this), etc), it would be worth testing with ONLY this change, and nothing else, to start in a PM environment.
The character is freaking solid... outside that whole shield-and-you-gonna-get-hit thing.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I still like the idea of Yoshi being able to do any special out of block.

Also, a little teensy bit of invincibility on the start-up of Yoshi Bomb.

I don't have an opinion on him being able to jump out of shield.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
The best advice.

I think people are too eager to make Yoshi just like every other character. Jump out of shield would be nice, but other than this, I don't think Yoshi NEEDS that much to be a good character. I play Yoshi because he's unique, and I'm sure lots of other people do too, so giving Yoshi very straightforward buffs like a "this is my recovery" Up+B move would kind of ruin the purpose of the character.

Some of my own ideas:
- Yoshi's Egg Roll doesn't need extra % or knockback, but it would be very useful if Yoshi had options out of it. Maybe make it cancellable into jump? Really, the only problem I have with this move is that you get punished even if you hit the opponent.
- Down+B would be a neat tool for vertical mobility if Yoshi could jump (or use an aerial?) out of the grounded version.
- Keeping the boost from the Brawl Egg Toss is okay, but in Melee, you could use your double jump just before egg toss to fall very quickly to the ground. If there were a way to have both of these options, that would be best.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Oh yeah I was gonna mention usmash too, since 64 utilt to usmash was a lot of fun. Let's be real, I liked 64 Yoshi like I liked 64 Ness. Not saying he was perfect, but he was fun. Also, that was one heck of an art-style change. What would people say if they brought back 64 Yoshi's dino look? They should totally make that happen =p

I like the idea of Yoshi having more options out of Egg Roll. Cancelling into shield (and being able to jump OOS) sounds like too much, but could he manage a fake-out like Wario's dash grab between his roll and Egg Roll?

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Maybe yoshi's egg roll move can be similar to mileena's ball roll move from MK9. It could work as an approaching move/set up for combos. If you haven't played mk9 basically the ball roll.goes under the opponent and sends them behind you but popped up for another attack.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
They could just keep him super unique and unable to jump OOS, and just do something else cool with his stuff (better parrying/even faster shield-dropping)
It's Yoshi, after all...

BigglesWorth

Smash Apprentice
One thing for Yoshi is that I hope they keep his double jump edge extended waveland. I suck at it but its fun to be able to get behind an opponent coming toward the stage and c sticking them. XD Maybe with tune ups, it wouldn't be so easy to suicide with it.

BigglesWorth

Smash Apprentice
One thing for Yoshi is that I hope they keep his double jump edge extended waveland. I suck at it but its fun to be able to get behind an opponent coming toward the stage and c sticking them. XD Maybe with tune ups, it wouldn't be so easy to suicide with it.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Oh, this is a place to post what I think about what Kirby should have when added? Why haven't I seen it earlier?

In Brawl, Kirby's power stealing mechanic was almost always better than the opponents regular move, but it was still super situational to use. His pikmin always go through olimars, for example. I like this as a concept (slightly buffed b moves as opposed to what's stolen) because you have to work to even get that power. The difficulty of getting it can be argued, but regardless it isn't a free move to have at the start of a match/stock. And you can't keep it through taunts. WHich actually leads me to my next point - will taunt cancels still lose the power?

For his side-b -- keep it similar to brawl, but maybe a little faster and where you have to push a second time to use it (with a small change it the timing for that, for slight mix-ups or punishing different angled air dodges). This is because the hammer there is great to punish air dodges, but when directions are re-introduced the second hit wouldn't normally hit a dodged target. The only other way for this to work is if there was a high air mobility on startup of hammer, so you could approach with it and side recover differently with it. That would also be interesting.

His grabs need to chain into things. That's what Kirby does. His fthrow -> utilt -> bair or fthrow -> fair -> stuff is golden. Don't lose those grab to something else chains, please.

I like his dair spiking in 64, but it is kinda crazy. I'd suggest making it either spike somewhere between brawl and 64, or leave it like brawl where you can dair -> footstool people if done correctly. Footstooling should be a bigger part of PM and this is a great place for it to exist.

His short hop air mobility needs to be quick. If he's as slow as he normally is in the air, there will be problems against a lot of the cast. If he has just a first hop which is fast and stuff, that would be nice.

Lastly, can we make his up-b spike again? Please?

I'll probably think of more to add later, but we'll see.

Kirby #1.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Search is broken, so don’t know if I’m redundant. Main points bolded.

I’ve already posted my thoughts on Olimar’s playstyle and pikmins’ traits back on the Smashmods thread, so no need to reiterate them, especially this far into development. But I do have a minor suggestion: give him a sex kick. First, because they are invariably excellent moves, and would allow Solimar some versatility. Second, because sex kicks are an iconic element of the Smash series, and it would be remiss if none of the new characters had sex kick nairs in the traditional pose; it would just help the newcomers belong. Third, because I find Brawl’s nair (and utilt, actually) animation unsuitable as an attack.

I believe I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll throw it out again since I’m not sure I provided any support. Kirby’s two primary non-Suction-based attacks have no presence in Smash; as such, I suggest his slide for dtilt and air-puff as fair. While both his fair and dtilt are currently important parts of Kirby’s game (as much as he can be said to have a game), their roles could be filled by modified ftilt and Brawl-aerial-hammer. The slide kick could provide an approach option, covered both by a hitbox and a squashed hurtbox, while the puff could provide a quick disjoint.
While on the topic, I like the way (I think it was a version of) Brawl- dealt with Hammer, where the grounded version had two charge levels based on if the button is held. The same input distinction could allow for both Brawl and Melee aerial versions.
I also agree with the proposal that copy abilities be superior versions.

I realize Charizard is out and you’re probably generally happy with where he is right now, but just in case you decide to hand out something new, I’ll say that I’ve never found his Up- or Side-Specials all that… special, especially coming from a series as rich in possibilities as Pokémon. I’ve posted before about Heat Wave, so I’ll leave that at that. But I don’t think I’ve mentioned his Up-B, which could be turned into Flare Blitz by increasing its strength while adding some recoil damage.
Recoil is a major mechanic of the Pokémon series, but plays little part in Smash. Yet there is unique potential in this untapped mechanic. If Up-B’s knockback changed significantly throughout (whether decreasing or increasing) with proportional self-damage on hit, then in addition to weighing the drawbacks before attacking with the move, players would need to judge the least amount needed to get what's wanted (be it KO or positioning) so as to minimize recoil, then space properly for that amount. Basically, Price is Right.
I don’t really have any argument for why this would expand Charizard-in-particular’s play.

The rest is just aesthetic stuff.

No idea how difficult or feasible this is, but how about if ROB's Up- and Side-B utilize the Stack Up attachment as a booster? This could even actually have a practical application, if the number/color of disks could be made to indicate the amount of remaining boosts.
It's always bugged me that Smash's ROB bears so little relation to anything. In particular, only one of the two ROB-compatible games is represented, and only for one move. This would be a good way to slip the other in, as well as provide some distinction from the other Burner-using animations. As a bonus, it supplies a cute pun for move names: Up-B as Stack Up, Side-B as Stack Side, and running out of boosts as a Stack Overflow.

Pit’s Up-B never made sense to me. He uses a shield to uppercut, which delivers large knockback and propels him upwards (despite otherwise having wings). Just seems like a placeholder move. I think a viable property-preserving replacement is his death animation from Of Myths and Monsters. The sweetspot could be a haloesque burst of light, and it even provides its own special fall.

Due to the degree to which PS2 has been modified at this point, I think it would be appropriate to rename it, like Skyloft. Either Pokémon Stadium M or Master Stadium sound good.

Lastly some animations to add to the pile.
BellyZard was the premier charizard set, and pretty much the only one to be close to viable, so I think a Belly Drumming taunt would be cool, and his Side Taunt is pretty substandard, anyway.
I’m still of the opinion that, in the spirit of bringing everyone to their Melee roots, the starter pokémon should be given their Melee pokéball counterparts’ animations. Use as winning animations seems best at this point, since Ivysaur still lacks one and one of Charizards is basically the same as one of his taunts.
Pikachu’s 64 fthrow is cool, and would fit for Squirtle.
I never thought Olimar’s Win2 animation was fitting for his character. His character from Pikmin, I mean, where he is an intellectual everyman, rather than Brawl, which decided he’s a bumbling coward. No replacement suggestion, though.

Thanks as always to the team for the game, and further for listening to the communities' feedback. Special thanks and respect to the animators; I'm in awe at your dedication to put 700 hours into making Mewtwo swim and climb ladders.

D

Deleted member

This is coming from somebody who does not like how Jigglypuff has been handled in Smash, and I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this. Whatever. I'm not posting this to piss off the Jigglypuff mains; I would just like to put my opinion/ideas out there.

Regardless of her effectiveness in Melee, I personally do not think anybody should look at Melee Jigglypuff as an example of good design. She has a boring, uninspired, limited moveset that boxes her into certain roles and leaves little room for creativity. Many of her bad moves could be improved while certain other moves (looking at you, B-air) could be de-emphasized a bit. Her specials especially could use some work in order to make her a more interesting and varied character. I know we're already at version 2.6, and I know many people believe Melee top tiers shouldn't be changed, but I feel like it's never too late to make a better character.

Here are some ideas that I would love to see balanced and worked into her moveset:

Slightly faster running speed.

F-tilt - Very quick. More range (foot stretches out more like Bair).

D-tilt - Very quick. Less damage. Sends them into the air for comboing.

B-air - reduce the size of the disjoint. Still functions as a great WoP move. If it wasn't for "bcuz Melee", the PMBR would not have given this move its current properties. Regardless of how vital the move currently is, the huge disjoint simply does not make sense. She will have to make up for this loss in other areas, which is actually a positive thing imo. Depending so much on one move that doesn''t even make sense visually is proof that she is poorly designed.

Fair - Pound (this move is not interesting enough to be a special move.) Quicker. Her main way to continue combos in the air.

F-Smash - Hyper Voice. Terrific horizontal range. Fairly slow startup. Gets weaker the farther away the opponent is.

D-Smash - Much less cooldown.

Neutral B - Sing (this is her most iconic move and worthy of being her main B move). Significantly more range. Increase sleep time so that no matter the percent, they will never wake up early enough to punish her before she's even done singing.

Forward B - Rollout. No longer sends her into freefall. She can combo out of it at low percents. Kills at higher percents.

Down B - Rest (as-is, this move is conceptually dumb and strays too far from canon for my liking) Sends them straight up for a Star KO like in Brawl (no flower). Gradually heals 20%.

Up B - Fairy Wind.
Jigglypuff is now officially a Fairy-type and it would be cool if this was acknowledged by P:M. This would (finally!) function as a true recovery move. She twirls upwards surrounded by a sparkling wind, similar to Wario's corkscrew.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Idea for IC's. Instead of them facing the same direction, what if they were back to back? There moveset could work as such.

Standing: The lead stands looking in one direction while the follow stands in the same position as they were previously but looking in the opposite direction.

Walking: The follow turns around and they both walk in the same direction

Dashing: The lead grabs the hood of the follow and sprints away. The follow would have a funny looking flail animation as they are being carried (not on the ground.)

Jumping/Short hopping: works as normal

Shielding: works as normal except when the shield gets small they are exposed from both sides

Jab: the lead jabs twice like previously with a third hit from the follow which sets up fro comboing.

Dash attack: the lead swings around the follow who proceeds to swing their hammer for a massive hit which is good for knocking opponents back

Up tilt: Works as before except both swing.

Down tilt: same as up tilt

Side tilt: same except just for the lead

Up smash: Same

Down smash: Same but lead and follow switch locations after. (so if you down smash on the right you'll end up looking left.)

Side Smash: 2 hit smash move. The lead does a smash like normal except the move has a similar effect to wario's dsmash or charizards down smash but weaker. Then the follow spins around and swings their hammer hopefully hitting them. The second hit must be executed a la link fsmash or ike dsmash.

Nair: works the same as before but the lead and follow switch positions.

Bair: the follow does a fair

Fair: the lead does a fair

Uair: same as before

Dair: same as before

Normal special: The lead and follow take turns hitting icicles in opposite directions

Side Special: Same as before but rises in air and switches the positions of the lead and follow

Down special: same as before

Up special: the follow throws the lead to the ledge, if a is tapped in between when the lead grabs the ledge and the follow gets pulled up, the rope will be dropped as the follow falls to their death. If the lead has killed the follow the lead gets a new one.

new up special: Instead of doing the whiffed up special like previously when your follow dies, now when you try to do an up special you'll become frozen and are launched into air. You can't change direction or anything once you're frozen so you'd have to angle the control stick to make sure you make it back. the higher your damage, the farther you'll go but the longer you'll stay frozen. if the follow was not killed by the lead specifically then you'll just whiff like usual.

So there it is. It's silly, goofy and unusual but it could work.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I love the idea about the running animation. It would be hilarious to see Popo running around with Nana flailing behind him. However, I think the idea of them facing opposite directions ruins the utility of some moves (neutral b) by creating two much lag in between attacks, and buffs the utility of some moves too much (Dash attack). I also think it makes desynching problematic. These are just my thoughts.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
I love the idea about the running animation. It would be hilarious to see Popo running around with Nana flailing behind him. However, I think the idea of them facing opposite directions ruins the utility of some moves (neutral b) by creating two much lag in between attacks, and buffs the utility of some moves too much (Dash attack). I also think it makes desynching problematic. These are just my thoughts.
the dash attack in all honesty was really my favorite part about it. the neutral b i had no idea how that would work. As for desynching, forgot to put this in the post. My idea was that desynching wouldn't happen any longer. suppose the lead gets hit, they grab the collar of the follow and remain together. if the follow gets hit, the lead grabs there foot. idk if i addressed the second part correctly but that's just my 2 cents.

Like i said. it's a really silly and goofy idea, but it wouldn't change them that significantly and if the dash and up B mechanic were implemented, it would give them slightly more personality than what they've got. Of course i don't expect the pmbr to do this but if i were to fix the IC's, this is how i would do it.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
No desynching and wobbling was exactly what I had in time, changing the entire moveset to something incredibly new and unique would be outstanding

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
My Kirby ideas

jab: same as always but connects better

da: instead of fire, he does the da from the n64 rendition of him

tilts all the same except they're more useful.

smash attacks: same as before with up smash being primary kill move

grabs: all the same

aerials: all the same

(if Kirby is in air floating, if you hit down he should let out a gust of wind which does a small amount of damage if it hits someone)

all specials would be various forms of the move inhale until he gains a copy ability. the move inhale can be angled slightly from all directions while in air.

neutral B: would have a strong suction force but works best for enemies right next to him. this one will not be angled but can eat one attack(slight armor) while sucking.

side B: would have a longer distance but be slightly weaker

Up B: angles the suction force to anything above him. can be angled slightly left or right on ground

down B: does a low suction (while he is crouched) which has a weak force but can pull enemies close to him and will swallow if they get close enough.

again, in air all four of these can be angled.

Kirby will be much lighter without a copy ability and will have good horizontal air mobility. if he gains an ability he will feel the same as his normal self from melee, plus some other drawbacks depending on who he swallowed.

This setup will allow Kirby to be viable without swallowing or gaining copy abilities. if he does gain a copy ability, his gameplay style will change.

Copy Mechanics: Kirby's special moveset changes when he gains a copy ability. if he copies marth, he gets marths special moveset. if he copies wario, he gets wario's special moveset. he also gets some of the player he's copied stats, i.e. he would have a faster running speed for sanic or captain falcon. at the same time i think their should be generic moves that get changed based one who he swallows. I.E. if he swallows a sword wielding character, not only does he get some of their stats carried over to him and their special moveset but he might get some of their best normal moves. for example, he could get marth's nair or wario's dair. as for the ejection of his copy move, it could just be simply b+a.

Final Smash: Crash Kirby. It's what it should have been from the start.

This would probably take a long time to make but i think it would be a great way to define him better and make his copy ability of more use.

TimSkully

Smash Rookie
I was thinking about Yoshi! Give him a tether grab with his tongue? I think it would be a nice lil tweak they could add while prepping Yoshi for PM. What do u guys think?

Quick question? Olimar and Samus' tether grab? Im assuming you wont be able to edge guard them right? Just like Ivysaur and Zero Suit Samus. Oh would Ice Climbers fall in the same category?

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Link
I was thinking that it would be a good Idea to give Link the ability to cancel out of his arrows with his shield, have him be able to move forward and backwards while charging it, and also to be able to angle it 45° upwards or downwards while on the ground or in the air, and perhaps also changing his Rapid stab move so that instead of mashing on A you'd just need to hold it instead, like how meta-knights neutral A is, where if you hold it down he'll do his rapid slashes but if you tap it he'll do his normal AAA combo.

also something I think would be neat is if they brought back is brawl side taunt (the fairy one) as a taunt like what Ness has where it's different depending on if you tapped it lightly or not (also I think it would be cool if they figured out a way so that it was always flying around you until you pressed the taunt again).

Ice Climbers
I was thinking for the ICs that a good solution to their chain grabbing could be to make it so Nana can't do anything (other then recover mind you) once Popo has grabbed someone (perhaps all she does when Popo grabs someone is cheer him on with some random taunts as he pounds away at the other character), also a good change would be to make it so once you grab Popo, Nana would also be effected (perhaps if she's far away from popo at the time she would simply teleport to where ever he is) but other then that I don't know to much about the Ice climbers so I'll just leave it with only those two things.

Kirby
keep all his animations the same for his A-moves, make it so up-B stays the same, make it so his side-B can move while on the ground, down-B can stay relatively the same maybe make it combo into things such as a back-air or hammer, change his copy ability to be character's best B-move/or the move most iconic of that character, examples being Link's Boomerang, Captain Falcon's Falcon punch, Marth's Shield breaker, Roy's Counter, Ike's Quick attack, Mario's Fireball, Shiek's Needles, Pikachu's Thunder and Luigi's Green missile.

Rizner

Smash Ace
My Kirby ideas
dash
grabs: all the same

all specials would be various forms of the move inhale until he gains a copy ability. the move inhale can be angled slightly from all directions while in air
His dash from brawl is imo the best if keeping from any game, as long as it keeps the knocking up aspect with the new gravity.
I assume, as you mentioned melee specifically, you want his melee grabs? Please no, they were so bad. People would get out of throws mid animation, dthrow didn't damage until end,etc. Keep those like brawl.

For copies, you're suggesting that taking away half his moveset and not doing anything drastic to the rest will keep him viable, but that's unrealistic. Keephis specials, because otherwise you lose the character. He shouldn't copy other full movesets - that's not the point of his ability.He only needs that to be able to go in and get a projectile against ranged characters. He doesn't get a great falcon punch? That's fine, because he has the tools against it. But going against a falco or fox, you may need the lasers to deal with their camping. Kirby should have his own style like what has been defined already - brick, hammer, final cutter recovery. If you want angles on neutral b just let it be angled the same way as a ftilt.

Top Bottom