• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Idea Submission Thread

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Probably because of the way you're handling it, to be honest. You don't have to reply to the people 'jabbing' at you. You can use the ignore function. Your e-peen isn't at stake here. Might just be the whole 'me, me, me' mentality.

You're probably right, but I haven't replied to them. Part of the problem was here, but most of the problem came from the "Project M hates Sonic" thread.

Basically, I've been called a whiner, a hypocrite, "impossible to satisfy" and other **** that I don't have to take, nor am I going to start digging around for because that would defeat the purpose of me being done here.

It's fine to disagree, but jeeze...

Now if you'll be so kind as to excuse me, I'll make another attempt at blocking these threads for good.

I really REALLY don't care about this anymore. I'll go back to my usual self once I stop getting quoted back here, or that other thread I mentioned.

Fortress

Smash Master
You're probably right, but I haven't replied to them. Part of the problem was here, but most of the problem came from the "Project M hates Sonic" thread.
Did you think that you stood a chance in a thread with a title like that? I mean, did you not smell the ****storm from a mile away? If a thread is posing a legitimate problem, then it will bee taken care of, like the Social Thread.

****ing bees.

Basically, I've been called a whiner, a hypocrite, "impossible to satisfy" and other **** that I don't have to take, nor am I going to start digging around for because that would defeat the purpose of me being done here.

It's fine to disagree, but jeeze...
You're on the internet, man. Somebody's going to find some reason to disagree with you for whatever you can possibly think of. Don't sweat it. If you're a whiner to somebody, okay, if somebody thinks you're a hypocrite, neat. Shouldn't stop you from playing the game, and it shouldn't be enough to stop you from simply throwing somebody onto your ignore list.

Now if you'll be so kind as to excuse me, I'll make another attempt at blocking these threads for good.
You shouldn't just lock yourself out of the thread, just put some people on your ignore list, really not that hard. My friend thinks I'm talking to myself sometimes, because he has some people on his own. The ignore list works.

I really REALLY don't care about this anymore. I'll go back to my usual self once I stop getting quoted back here, or that other thread I mentioned.
Eh, do whatever, but you'll get more out of the community once you filter out the extremes that you can't find yourself able to handle. That's what a lot of us do.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Did you think that you stood a chance in a thread with a title like that? I mean, did you not smell the ****storm from a mile away? If a thread is posing a legitimate problem, then it will bee taken care of, like the Social Thread.

****ing bees.

You're on the internet, man. Somebody's going to find some reason to disagree with you for whatever you can possibly think of. Don't sweat it. If you're a whiner to somebody, okay, if somebody thinks you're a hypocrite, neat. Shouldn't stop you from playing the game, and it shouldn't be enough to stop you from simply throwing somebody onto your ignore list.

You shouldn't just lock yourself out of the thread, just put some people on your ignore list, really not that hard. My friend thinks I'm talking to myself sometimes, because he has some people on his own. The ignore list works.

Eh, do whatever, but you'll get more out of the community once you filter out the extremes that you can't find yourself able to handle. That's what a lot of us do.
Thanks for the support. Maybe that's just all I needed...
I'll at least give this place a break (and I admit I found out the mistake I made when I posted in THAT other thread, since the OP was exactly the opposite of what I was proposing... had I read the OP I would've thought twice before participating)

But sure thing. I don't want to neither did I want to make a big deal out of this.
I'm taking a vacation from this side at least for a while to cool off.
And I'll be back with a more laid back attitude, for sure.
Don't want to derail this thread any further either.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
moving right along...
kirby was pretty much garbage in melee and brawl, something that cant be said of most characters. what always bugged me about kirby was that from the kirby games, there were an ocean, AN OCEAN of GOOD moves that they could have choosed from to implement into kirby, but didnt. i know you guys are having troubles with articles like projectiles and stuff, so heres what im saying should be kept in thought when removing or changing kirbys garbage attacks.(which there plenty of)
Fighter.
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Fighter this ability appeared as a trophy in melee, but didnt make it in because of its badassery, its as straightforward as it sounds, but kirbys most varied copy ability, could be implemented into any of his his tilts or dash attacks
Throw.
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Throw because kirbys throws suck, all of them. in melee if i mashed the control stick hard enough while kirby did a back throw with his back to the ledge i would escape the throw and he would dive off the stage and kill himself with the same for his forward throw...wtf!
Suplex.
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Suplex probably the most fun ability of kirbys. sooooo many options :') he even has an aerial dash grab that functions like lucaryus aerial force palm (which should totally be the ability he takes from lucaryu) and sends enemies downward at a steep angle, could be implemented as his new throws. or as some kinda command grab maybe?

kirby needs positive change guys these are just my kickass suggestions. what he doesnt need are his trashy laggy forward b and his WORTHLESS down b which was basically a free grab for your enemy, seriously half kirbys specials were garbage. best wishes that these get even a seconds worth of thought or consideration by anyone who can implement these :kirby:

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
You wouldn't throw out a missile if the other person is right under you because it definitely wouldn't hit. when i say angle, i mean a hard 45 degree angle either upward (ground) or downward (air). I don't think it would be too good because with the slow startup, the opponent would have time to react. sorry i should have specified.

nononononono you're fine ^_^ i dunno why but the idea bugged me for some reason. just seemed like it'd be a little too much to give for one move at the time. but, it is still a good idea.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
so i got this idea while playing kirby super star ultra. you can see some of the moves in this video. (which is a pretty sick video imo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumUKx4toy0

a few things. you'll see when kirby gets to fire he preforms this attack where he sorta becomes a flaming red sonic ball. well in game if you do that move close to the ground, kirby spins along the ground like a wheel (a flaming wheel of death) while kirby wouldn't need the fire effect. i think this would be a really cool feature to add to his neutral air. also, maybe instead of making his yoyo spin dash be multihit, just have him knock the opponent back with multiple hitboxes. (maybe stronger knock back on the starting hitboxes?) either way, theres alot that can be done.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
so i got this idea while playing kirby super star ultra. you can see some of the moves in this video. (which is a pretty sick video imo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumUKx4toy0

a few things. you'll see when kirby gets to fire he preforms this attack where he sorta becomes a flaming red sonic ball. well in game if you do that move close to the ground, kirby spins along the ground like a wheel (a flaming wheel of death) while kirby wouldn't need the fire effect. i think this would be a really cool feature to add to his neutral air. also, maybe instead of making his yoyo spin dash be multihit, just have him knock the opponent back with multiple hitboxes. (maybe stronger knock back on the starting hitboxes?) either way, theres alot that can be done.
So kind of like Melee Dash attack?

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
As much as I doubt they'll bring it back, I really miss Kirby's fire tackle. His yoyo breakspin is awesome too, but Kirby's fire abilities have shown up in more games. It would be nice to see his flame tackle return if possible...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo's Shadow Claw should be disjointed I feel.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
So kind of like Melee Dash attack?

I didn't play melee so i couldn't tell you :p
I think it'd be cool if kirby could initiate a dash attack after dashing and short hopping like he can in super star, it'd be a pretty sweet option to have. especially if say he did get his fire tackle and it had as high priority as it does in super star.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kirby had the Fire Tackle or in older Kirby games, Burning for his Dash Attack in Melee. And it was a terrible move.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
i think kirby should be HEAVILY influenced by his 64 self, when he was in his prime.
Also, when pikachu waits too long on that death hovering thing, he should sleep like pichu did. Good reference if pichu won't be in this game at all.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping the animation for Kirby's dash attack remains the yo-yo, imo it looked a lot more interesting than the other dash attacks he used previously, but yes I feel that Kirby should take a lot from his smash 64 incarnation in terms of knock back

Sarix

Smash Ace
I'm hoping the animation for Kirby's dash attack remains the yo-yo, imo it looked a lot more interesting than the other dash attacks he used previously, but yes I feel that Kirby should take a lot from his smash 64 incarnation in terms of knock back
I'm rather fond of the yo-yo dash attack too. I feel it would have a lot more application than the burning version as combo filler and for catching rolls and spot dodges. Either way I would like to see the PM dev team expand upon it since it's a more unique dash attack compared to the majority of the cast.

EDIT: I also feel like a lot of Kirby's mobility issues with a slow dash, air, and fall speed could be remedied by giving him normals that can quickly move him a bit. Like his Dtilt could be his Slide Attack to allow him to low profile approach that could bounce off shields to keep it safe.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I also feel like a lot of Kirby's mobility issues with a slow dash, air, and fall speed could be remedied by giving him normals that can quickly move him a bit. Like his Dtilt could be his Slide Attack to allow him to low profile approach that could bounce off shields to keep it safe.

that sounds like it'd be wonderfully fun to use.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Had an idea to make PK Flash more like a powered up Disable, like in EarthBound. And when sweetspotted, it could be an automatic KO but it'd be hard to land, like Ike's Quick Draw thing. Otherwise, it would do the same damage as now, but leaves the enemy in a state of shield break. Or potentially even other strange things... Like fall asleep, or be stunned.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
They more stuff the PMBR pull from 64 Kirby I think the more fun he'll be. 64 Dair alone would really help his viability. I mean, make it a meteor not a spike. A move that comes out that fast being a spike? What is he, FALCO?

It's been said in here before, but incorporating more of the classic Kirby attacks / powers from his actual games would be really cool.

OK so check this out. You know what they've done with Marth / Roy / Ike? I think they should work to do something like that with Meta Knight / Kirby / Dedede. And those orders are intentional. Roy is supposed to be halfway between Marth and Ike in terms of speed and power. Do the same for Kirby. Meta Knight will be the fast "weak" one, Dedede will be the slow "strong" one, and Kirby will be in the middle, more balanced or whatever. I put certain words in quotes back there, because let's face it. Meta Knight is fast and pretty damn strong. Dedede is slow but... kinda weak in a lot of areas. Heh. I am so clever.

The point is it will help with the development of the character like it did for Roy. Give them a goal, a plan to shoot for.

Just no fire dash attack crap. *Shudder*

me9595

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be interesting to see a stock match mixed with a stamina match that way it could be almost like a traditional fighter, not that i like traditional fighters, but i think it would be interesting to add in

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Also. For the move of God, please make one of Pikachu's attacks be Iron Tail. It is a cannon signature move in the Anime and Pikachu can learn it. I'm not asking for a change in attack properties. Keep the up smash or uair the same, the only difference is make the tail have a metal texture when doing the attack and give it the metal sound effect.
I also think some of pichu should be represented in pikachu if there is no plan to put him in. Surely there are some attacks that pichu uses that are better than pikachus, like his recovery.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
Had an idea to make PK Flash more like a powered up Disable, like in EarthBound. And when sweetspotted, it could be an automatic KO but it'd be hard to land, like Ike's Quick Draw thing. Otherwise, it would do the same damage as now, but leaves the enemy in a state of shield break. Or potentially even other strange things... Like fall asleep, or be stunned.
This would be interesting, PK flash in Melee had a deceptively small hitbox, maybe the flash itself could be increased and the outer hitboxes would stun grounded opponents?
Or they could change the move to PSI Rockin or something. Just a graphical change and makes more sense in terms of canon.

Also. For the move of God, please make one of Pikachu's attacks be Iron Tail. It is a cannon signature move in the Anime and Pikachu can learn it. I'm not asking for a change in attack properties. Keep the up smash or uair the same, the only difference is make the tail have a metal texture when doing the attack and give it the metal sound effect.
I also think some of pichu should be represented in pikachu if there is no plan to put him in. Surely there are some attacks that pichu uses that are better than pikachus, like his recovery.
I'd disagree over the recovery thing, since it moves slower and that would hinder Pikachu's Quick Attack Cancel game. Really, the problem is none of Pichu's attacks are unarguably better than Pika's. Off the top of my head, general strengths compared to Pika in Melee are better hitbox protection with his nair, slightly longer grab range, smaller target, and a bigger shield in comparison to his body. There are probably a few others but these would just amount to Pikachu with slightly improved stats.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
I'd disagree over the recovery thing, since it moves slower and that would hinder Pikachu's Quick Attack Cancel game. Really, the problem is none of Pichu's attacks are unarguably better than Pika's. Off the top of my head, general strengths compared to Pika in Melee are better hitbox protection with his nair, slightly longer grab range, smaller target, and a bigger shield in comparison to his body. There are probably a few others but these would just amount to Pikachu with slightly improved stats.

that wouldn't really be a bad thing though, but it doesn't redefine pikachu as a pichu/pika mix like Fair/fireball trajectory defines our version of mario. other than self damaging on electrical attacks, pichu doesn't have too much else to differentiate himself i don't think?

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
that wouldn't really be a bad thing though, but it doesn't redefine pikachu as a pichu/pika mix like Fair/fireball trajectory defines our version of mario. other than self damaging on electrical attacks, pichu doesn't have too much else to differentiate himself i don't think?
Yeah, that was mostly my point. I certainly wouldn't mind some of Pichu's attribute buffs, but moveset wise there isn't much to work with.
The only moves I can think of that vary much from Pika are as follows:
Uair only hits upwards, which takes away the semi-spike. Not a good idea to give to Pika.
Usmash is weaker than Pika's, and, I'm unsure off the top of my head, I think it has less range and hits in front of him later (he swings his head from back to front) but doesn't weaken like Pika's does for the second half of the move. Also not a very strong choice.
Fsmash has less range, but more base knockback. However, it is multi-hit and SDI-able to the point of being far less effective than Pika's, which is still fairly strong.
Dsmash is single-hit instead of multi-hit, and I believe sends opponents behind Pichu like Peach's dsmash, but it is too weak to be an effective KO move. If powered up somewhat I could see it crossing over to Pika, but that would still be questionable seeing as Pika's dsmash still has it's advantages and a rather minor change seeing as how both usually have better options.
Edit: Pichu's dsmash also has invincibility on startup, whilst Pika's does not, in Melee at least.
Thunder is multi-hit instead of single-hit, and has directly vertical knockback (although rather weak, it is still much more difficult to thunderspike with Pichu). Even if powered up to make thunderspiking possible it would be comparatively useless for edgeguards.
Skull Bash can charge up longer for more maximum speed, damage, and range. You could give this to Pika, I guess, but the extra damage is useless seeing as you won't have the time to charge, and all it really could potentially do is strengthen his recovery, which is unnecessary.
Agility has already been covered. It may be easier to control but Pika would be crippled by slower Quick Attack Cancels.

That's about it, I think.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Pichu has better grab, shield, and rolls, but those were already buffed for pika:M.
Pichu also has a stronger Nair, but that's sorta not necessary with the new Bair.
The only thing keeping pichu from being an entirely worse pikachu:M is that pichu has less landlag on everything.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Hello all. I've been thinking of a few ideas for the mod, and thought that I would post them in this thread. There's quite a few detailed here with multiple links to images and timestamped videos, so that it's easier to whoever's reading this to understand the ideas that I'm trying to get across.

The first of these isn't actually related to characters at all, but I don't know if there's a seperate topic for stages, so I thought I'd just post it here for the sake of convenience. One of the biggest complaints I've seen directed towards Frigate Orpheon is that there's no ledge to grab if you're sent flying on the right side of the stage. Therefore, I would like to suggest that players are able to grab the ledge of the rightmost platform (the one that moves vertically). There's a version on Brawl Vault where it's possible to grab both sides of the main stage, and I've found that it causes some unwanted ledge grabs if the right platform is at its lowest point, so I thought that would be the better compromise. I'm not looking for the stage to be tournament-viable or anything like that; just a suggestion to make the stage slightly less janky, much like how it's now possible to grab the ledges on Port Town Aero Drive.

Moving on to the characters: I love Luigi's animations, but I always thought that it was redundant that he had his belly flop animation (0:34, in case the timestamped links aren't working) as both a taunt and a victory pose. Thus, I'd like to suggest that the victory pose version be replaced with either his dancing or waving animation from the original Super Smash Bros. Both of them are so great that I can decide which one to choose, so if you do decide to replace his current win pose, feel free to choose whichever one you want.

I greatly appreciate the fact that you made Wario a lot closer to his Wario Land incarnation, but one nod that I thought would be nice is if he he had the piledriver from Wario World (3:35) as his down throw. I also think it could be nice if he he had added flair on his back throw similar to Wario World (3:21); then again, it could also look monumentally silly.

Meta Knight is a character that I thought could always use more nods to his home series. While I do think that his current running animation is fine, I thought that it may look a bit cooler if he had the running animation from Kirby Super Star Ultra as either his jogging or running animation (3:42)... if it didn't turn out looking too silly, that is. His dashing attack could also resemble the one that he has from Super Star Ultra (0:23) and Return to Dream Land (0:04); if that idea is right out, then perhaps he could have the slide from Super Star Ultra (2:30) instead. Finally, his up tilt could be made to match his upward stab from Super Star Ultra (2:17) and Return to Dream Land (0:15). Perhaps he could also have a hit box on it similar to the animations to those videos, allowing him to hit the opponents that are right next to him easier? Just throwing that out there.

If the idea hasn't already been shot down, I think that Samus' roll from Other M would be more fitting than her current rolling animation. Also would be a nice nod to something from that game that didn't cause the fandom to react with bickering and stabbing each other with pitchforks.

Sonic is a character that I always thought could use a bit more flair for his victory animations; thanks to Sonic Generations, I've come up with a few alterations to his current ones that reference that game as well:

Replacing this animation (6:25) would be a revised version of his Modern Sonic S rank pose (0:44). It would forgo the first pose and have him immediately spinning into the air; after the handstand, he would move into a standing position, and perform the pose on the Sonic 3 box art, much like he does in this animation at 1:50.​

Instead of Sonic simply doing this (6:33)? He would instead toss the Chaos Emerald into the air, begin to perform this win pose (1:38), and catch the Chaos Emerald on the back flip. He could then either end with his Brawl pose of him showing off the Emerald, or his Generations one where he's moving his finger back and forth, the Emerald in his other hand.​
Finally, instead of Sonic running back and forth before giving a thumbs-up at the fourth wall (6:41), he would do an altered version of his Classic Sonic S rank animation (0:57). It would begin with the back flip, have him spin off stage, and when he finally transitions into laying on his side, he's also lazily spinning a Ring around his finger like a hula hoop.​

The last batch of suggestion I'm making are in regards to the pokémon, beginning with Mewtwo. (I already posted my ideas about him in another thread, but I figured that it couldn't hurt to repeat myself here.) The cry that he does at the beginning of his current intro gave me an idea of an intro of my own: He phases into existence in a fashion similar to his animation in HeartGold and SoulSilver, only he's hunched over like his sprite in Red and Blue. He then transitions into his stances from Silver and the original Red and Green while doing his cry from the games, ending at his stance from Yellow before going into his regular battle stance.

As for his victory animations, I thought that it would be a nice touch if for his new victory animation, he would instead use this voice clip of him saying, "Why am I here...?" (0:14) before teleporting away. In addition, if you have found a way to alternate what characters say during taunts, it would be nice if he also said his "I cannot lose!" clip (0:05) while performing his levitating victory stance. Finally, perhaps he could use his third pose from Melee (0:25) as a taunt instead? His current intro looks similar enough to it, and his "Uuuraaah!" cry would be great for taunt cancelling.

I've also thought up a new victory animation for Lucario. Instead of this pose, he instead performs a short kata, ending with a spinning backhand similar to this pose, his fist glowing with the power of Aura.

As for Charizard, I thought it would be a nice nod if his Flamethrower animation was altered to resemble his most famous pose from the Trading Card Game. Moving onto his taunts, I'm also sure that I'm not the only one that thinks that his current ones are underwhelming, and so I've thought up a couple that could give him more character. The first is him growling in a manner similar to both his sprite from Diamond and Pearl and his Mega X form (complete with the fire in his mouth, and the fire on his tail flaring up), ending with him turning his head and spitting a gout of flame towards the ground. The second is simpler, but is no less devoid of attitude: he leans back, stretches his wings, and yawns. If that doesn't scream 'disrespect', then I don't know what does.

My last pokémon suggestions are for Ivysaur. The first is a replacement for the taunt where her leaves are rustling (4:23). Her leaves are still moving around her slowly, but she's in her stance from Black and White, growling angrily before barking like she does during her animation from HeartGold and SoulSilver. The second I'm not sure if it should be a taunt or a victory animation; if the former, then it replaces the vine taunt (4:26). Either way, it involves her raising her vines above her, curling the ends together, and jumping rope, her head bobbing happily from side to side. If implemented as a taunt, then holding the taunt button would keep it in motion, much like how Sonic and Diddy's up taunts work. Lastly, replacing this win pose (2:50) would be Ivysaur rustling her leaves violently, before one of them (not part of the main model) flies into the air; she then proceeds to snatch it out of the air with a vine, sit down in a pose similar to the one from Ruby and Sapphire, and blissfully fan herself with it.

Oh, and um... could Link have his side taunt with the fairy back? Please? ;_;

Edit: Added the timestamps that I missed for Sonic's links. Oops.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I have a few suggestions for Wario. Some of these have probably been mentioned before.

D-throw or U-throw should be his piledriver from Wario World.

Pummel should be changed to him shaking the opponent until coins fly out, like in Wario Land Shake It.

He could have a cargo-throw like DK where he carries the opponent above his head with both arms like in Wario World.

He needs reworked taunts and new win animations, maybe based on earlier Wario Land games or Wario World. It'd also be kinda cool if Wario had a different Trophy with Classic Wario instead.

Most of his animations need to be more fluid, and he could even use a new model with better rigging so his animations don't look as contorted (like his Win animation.) His Run animation is good but doesn't match his turning and Wait animations. His crouching animation is literally done in one or two frames and there's nothing in between. His crawling animations are made with his old crouching position in mind and don't really resemble his crawling animation from WL4. Overall he could use an entire animations makeover, rather than slightly smoothing out his old ones.

Also, the new air Side-B is a proper nerf of the 2.5 one but could use maybe 1.5 or even 2 times the current distance.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
I have a few suggestions for Wario. Some of these have probably been mentioned before.

He could have a cargo-throw like DK where he carries the opponent above his head with both arms like in Wario World.

A tanky Jigglypuff with MORE throw options you say? move over fox.
lol but seriously, I get it has game source material, but that's sorta DK's thing.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
A tanky Jigglypuff with MORE throw options you say? move over fox.
lol but seriously, I get it has game source material, but that's sorta DK's thing.
True. I was feeling a little iffy on suggesting that one, but then again it'd be pretty funny to see Wario holding someone like Bowser over his head like it's nobody's business.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
also i'd like to bring something up
WHAT'S THE F***ING PUPROSE OF SHEIKS CHAIN!? it's not quick enough to stifle attacks, she has better anti-air options, it doesn't even clank with projectiles. I get sheiks REALLY good, but I just don't think she should have a useless move. Now i'm not a sheik main, but i've never seen it used once competetively. I'm also not suggesting sheik get a tether grab again. sheik with a tether grab is not a good thing. but still, some use, even situational at best.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
also i'd like to bring something up
WHAT'S THE F***ING PUPROSE OF SHEIKS CHAIN!? it's not quick enough to stifle attacks, she has better anti-air options, it doesn't even clank with projectiles. I get sheiks REALLY good, but I just don't think she should have a useless move. Now i'm not a sheik main, but i've never seen it used once competetively. I'm also not suggesting sheik get a tether grab again. sheik with a tether grab is not a good thing. but still, some use, even situational at best.
Because Melee. And if you dare change it, Sheik mains will go berserk.

I think it's best not to suggest changing anything kept from Melee (especially in those sensitive top tiers.)

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
Because Melee. And if you dare change it, Sheik mains will go berserk.

I think it's best not to suggest changing anything kept from Melee (especially in those sensitive top tiers.)

but it's a change for the better. idgaf if it's from melee, sheik mains can't complain if their getting their move buffed. she got her chain grab taken away you can't say everything in melee is sacred. certainly valuable yes. but still no characters should have useless moves unattained to just because the rest of their moves are good. it's fake balance, and leaves those moves unused creating shallowness in the character.

granted sheiks a different case as competetive melee was a happy accident. but if we're refining on that accident i think it's something that should happen to every character. at least to some degree.
*inhales*

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, that was a quick and heated response, so if i may sound like i'm mad i apologise. i just got a little excited. no harm meant.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, that was a quick and heated response, so if i may sound like i'm mad i apologise. i just got a little excited. no harm meant.
it didn't really sound hostile. it's fine.

I do see your point though, though a lot of characters still have that one move that no one uses. I feel like the PMBR will find a way to make it viable in the near future.

Top Bottom