• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Idea Submission Thread

Windstar120025

Smash Apprentice
Honestly im waiting for the release of Samus in a new project M release.
Here are my ideas for Samus revamps here is the List

Its like PMBR actualy read and considered some things from this at least the beam change was made!!!!! O.o now i feel psuedo-special

First of all comes the most important part
Hit resistance. she dies to easy because for some reaso people think she should be light wait, but hello thegiant metal suit should say otherwise. the point is thesuit allows for its gracefull movements not it weight, chances are it weighs alot. such comes reason for if not influenced faster falling on normal falls. however by holding up boosters come into play by holding up after jump slowing her decent.

Neutral-A:
no changes from melee duo impact low knockback

Tilts:

Side:
swift leg lick forward that can be angled up or down, has moderate to low impact with low trajectory

Down:
Swipes leg in a forward leg sweep, Trips

UP:
A hi kick with a spiking hit box at bottom of foot befor leaving ground and strong hi hit box at very tip of toe, low knockback, decent hit stun

Arial's:

Forward:
Same as melee

UP:
Same as melee but with more knockback, leaving the same is up for debate

Down:
Horizontal positioned Spin swipe just like in Melee but does a full animation spin, hitting below like in melee and halfway behind her, has decent lag for stabalization.

Back:
Vertical positioned spin swiping in the back with same explosions as her melee forward air but with decent knockback.

Smashes:

UP:
Same as Melee

Side:
Same as melee

DOWN:
This is the tricky part, i would like to see it more as her bomb drop, like her Down B usually is. Full charged down smash would be turned into the Super Bomb from Metroid Other M . Would do double damage as initial smash without charge, same hit stun, but knockback the same as Ganons down smash.

Specials:

Forward:
Missile, launches faster, better combo ability,
Smash forward is still super missile. with same stats

now these two are most interesting i want to mention!!

Gravity Spin: as we know Samus's suit has many functions on of which needs to be brought her Gravity Suit. as we know it allows her to move through out intense gravity, and other stuff. Point being is she has allways had tools or functions so say that her suit gave her to use in combat but was never truly complimented by the SMASH games.

UP: Is normal UP-B but with a chargeable extra jump at end that is to percentage matching of her initial air jump. charging can start from any time from UP-B start up. full charge equals a full length air jump that launches immediately after the peek is reached.
HOWEVER once hit after use she goes into reboot and cannot use UP-B or jumps again untill grabbed or come on stage. but is able to teather grab.

Gear Shifter: as we know Samus has various Beams to her disposal, beams i would like to see her use would be Ice Beam and Fire beam( i know might not be realy but still). Using gear shift while fuly charged cancels the charge of Neutral-B ( to avoid spamming of beams)

Down-b: Used to Change the type of beam is used for neutral B

Neutral-B:
Plasma: normal Smash brother beam, with same to smaller knockback as in Melle/Brawl

Ice: Freezes opponent hit. The full charged freeze stun lasting about 1-1.5 sec. Has pop up knockback as if hit by Mr. game and watches 8 hammer. level of stunn varies from charge duration

Pyro: low knockback, with no hit stun. Attack deals only damage. full charge does about 15% with continuous burn effect. this has the shortest charge time.

Grabs: First of all teather grab on ground faster but shorter then in melle/brawl, with in air teather staying same.

Have no changes to throws.

Does this sound to broken?

Windstar120025

Smash Apprentice
Its like PMBR actualy read and considered some things from this at least the beam change was made!!!!! O.o now i feel psuedo-special

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Yoshi should use his tongue as a tether.

Brawl's Mr.G&W was way better than melee's. Why not add his brawl moveset in some alt costumes? Or a moveset switch after taunting.

I'm not sure if this still happens; But in brawl, shiek and ZSS weren't available on random.

All the giants (DDD, Charizard, Bowser) have projectiles except for DK. Not fair. I suggest a barrel toss for his air down B (with an explosive one popping out on rare cases) or his coconut gun from DK64.

Ideas for Pichu:
--Faster ground mobility like Fox.
--More air mobility like Wario.
--Jump cancelable down B and side B.
--His B will keep going forever until it hits something. But only 2 can exist at the same time.
--He should cause more dmg than Pikachu since Pichu hurts himself.
--Have a bair like Ness' but the hitbox will be his tail.
--Dair should be multi hit like Wario (Brawl).
--Can do aerials after up B.
--Uair should add more hitstun and less knockback like DK's for better juggling options.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Oh good, something like this exists. I was going to make something to this effect myself:

Here's what I want for various characters.

Fox:

USmash kill power down 25%.

Falco:

Spike on dair requires Sweetspot hit.
FSmash, Fair, Jab all reverted to Brawl (not a huge change, just aesthetics. I think Brawl Fair is actually a buff).

Olimar:

Total Pikmin count increased to 5.
Side B recovers slightly slower.

Toon Link:

Grab range increased by 50%, matches Samus. The total speed is unchanged, so it now travels faster. Tether range not affected.

Samus:

Ice Beam Fair now sends opponents downwards. Sweetspot hit is a moderately powerful spike.

Roy:

Third hit of Double Edge Dance has less knockback, allowing the fourth hit to connect at higher percentages.

Ganondorf:

USmash reverted to Brawl "single kick" version (this is really just for aesthetics)
Air side B travels horizontal, just like ground version. Can act afterwards, but doesn't recover a jump from it, and it can only be used once per airtime.

Game and Watch:

Dair regains fast fall from Brawl
Hitbox fixes for some of his normals (many of them stay out for ages but lose their active frames, which is counter-intuitive).

A few other characters clearly need help, like Ness and Jiggs, I'm just not sure what to do with them.

Last edited:

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
Falco:

Spike on dair requires Sweetspot hit.
FSmash, Fair, Jab all reverted to Brawl (not a huge change, just aesthetics. I think Brawl Fair is actually a buff).
This has been suggested a million times before. the problem with it was there was a big backlash on it. hardcore falco fans whined about it so horribly. as for F-smash though, the hitbox didn't line up quite correctly with the new animation. so yeah.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
as for F-smash though, the hitbox didn't line up quite correctly with the new animation. so yeah.
Oh, I'm sure the move is a little different, but I don't think it's worse overall. It seems to be a tiny bit slower on startup, but it has a much more horizontal trajectory, which is better for gimps.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
even so, see previous statement "Falco fans went waaaah."
I think we're going to have to start ignoring kneejerk reactions, because it seems like the "Melee vets will complain" argument dictates absolutely everything we do around here.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
This has been suggested a million times before. the problem with it was there was a big backlash on it. hardcore falco fans whined about it so horribly. as for F-smash though, the hitbox didn't line up quite correctly with the new animation. so yeah.
And yet the Ike mains were ignored post 2.1, and they learned to f***ing deal with it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Chariard:

Give the guy an aerial that is somewhat OK to use vs a shielding opponent from above,

and/or

give Up B a quicker start up, but weaker initial power to be used as an anti-pressure escape tool when need be

These are his two biggest areas I see weakness with him, in that despite being godlike in the air, he really has no answer for when it's time to come down aside from a very well spaced Nair or Bair with a fire hitbox, which still doesnt really do jack vs a shield.

The second has to do with how other "Fatties" seem to have ways out of pressure weather it be a god-tier grab, Whirling Fortress, or whatever. Having an Up B that can "reset" a situation at the cost of some end lag as you spiral upward could be useful in a pinch.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Yoshi needs a Z-air and a tether recovery.

Mewtwo should be able to teleport down through thin platforms.

R.O.B. needs to be able to do Arm Rotor in the air and still have the option to use Robo-Booster sideways as a recovery, except with an input similar to Kirby's Cutter Dash.

Top Bottom