• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Idea Submission Thread

D

Deleted member

ICs :
-Put Nana's IA on par with that of P:M's bots.
-Replace one of the taunts with a 'desynch' button. As long as it's pressed, only Popo responds to the inputs.
-All of Nana's throws, and her grab release, result in an uthrow.
-Popo's fair spikes too.
-Buff Solo Popo's recovery, somehow.
-Make sure none of Solo Popo's or Solo Nana's moves are punishable on hit.
-Take out wobbling (confirmed already, right ?)

The rest is fine. Take Brawl's ICs, and just make those tweaks. It makes everything that is good about them a feature instead of a glitch, and keeps the 'keep 'em separated' flow about them, because they still have a ridiculous damage output and mindblowing setups when there's two of them. It just ever so slightly buffs solo popo to make up for the loss of the infinites.
How to break an already insane character.

I think IC should retain their tough learning curve. It's the gimmick behind Duo characters after all... Need I remind you of Eddie?

I mean, if you remove the Duo aspect of them, and give them function outside of their gimmick, then what's the point of making them Duo in the first place?

IC don't need much fixing, just a couple things here and there is all imo.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Honestly I think the ICs would function better as something similar to Carl Clover from Blazblue since he also is a duo character like Eddie. Only instead of zoning you to death their goal was to sandwich you in between them for really long combos.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I mean, if you remove the Duo aspect of them, and give them function outside of their gimmick, then what's the point of making them Duo in the first place?
When their main gimmick is an infinite, it may be a big loss, but it's one sacrifice we must make.
Their secondary gimmick is desynching, and I've suggested a way to make this good enough to make them tournament viable. Because if you simply remove the infinite, they pretty much have no tool left. At least that's how I feel, I may be mistaken, eh.

D

Deleted member

^^^ Dude, love your sig, hahahaha.

Anyway, can we talk about Zelda and Sheik?

Why are they together? The transform gimmick hardly works and both would be better without it.

A Zoner/Spacer and a Close Combat Rushdown character hardly work in synergy. Having to transition from Zelda to Sheik and vice-versa is incredibly awkward, and detrimental to their playstyle, in the end, Zelda becomes more like a "useful recovery option" for Sheik, rather than the other half as she should be.

If we're keeping them together for tradition's sake, we should change that. I feel that the down B can be a rather tedious miss-input and also a waste of a move as both would benefit from being more dedicated characters. if we're gonna have a transforming character it should be done in a fashion that both halves work in perfect synergy to achieve the same goal, rather than having a gimmick tacked on for diversity's sake. I think the best example of a transforming character done right can be seen in Blazblue's Valkenhayn:

How about we split the characters completely, and give Zelda a "Magic Charge" like Lucas so she has a little more of that much needed killing power, but in a balanced manner, and can instead focus on Spacing and Mindgames which is what she does best.

And give Sheik a stealthy approach option for her Down B, I'd say something like Eddie's "Break the Law + Shadow Gallery" where Sheik could vanish into a shadow on the ground and come up at will to strike from a different location: http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Eddie_(GGAC). Of course, the lack of Zelda would mean improving Sheik's recovery a bit, I have a neat idea for that if anyone wants to listen...

Basically, UpB in mid-air is identical, but UpB on the ground woul place a marker on the ground that has limited radial range. If Sheik uses Vanish within that range, she teleports directly to that location regardless of where she is on the stage. It is a nice balanced move that falls in line with the "preperation" the ninja concept. It also has enough faults that it isn't OP, one is the range of the marker, and two is the fact that the marker would disappear after you vanish to it, meaning you have to place another for it to be effective. Also, using it means that your opponent KNOWS where you're gonna land, thus leading to plenty to neat mindgames. It would mean losing the fuctionality of using Vanish while on the ground to mix up opponents, but with Sheik's Eddie inspired DownB, she's given that and more as compensation.

Thoughts?

Vashimus

Smash Master
How to break an already insane character.

I think IC should retain their tough learning curve. It's the gimmick behind Duo characters after all... Need I remind you of Eddie?

Eddie is one of the cheapest characters to ever grace the Guilty Gear series. He's godlike in every game. While I wouldn't have it any other way with him, making the IC's super godlike in exchange for a high learning curve is really not the goal.

And why are why getting suggestion for characters based on Guilty Gear of all games anyway?

D

Deleted member

Eddie is one of the cheapest characters to ever grace the Guilty Gear series, DESPITE the high learning curve. He's godlike in every game. Not a very good comparison when that's totally not the goal.
I take ONE move from Eddie and you demonize the entire concept? C'mon man...

It's his Drills and Flight that make him hard to deal with, not Shadow Gallery.

I fail to see how a similar Down B would make Sheik 'cheap' let alone detriment from the entire idea of the concept which is to make both characters dedicated figthers and removing a stupid gimmick. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for transforming character, if they're done right. Zelda/Sheik was never that though I'm afraid.

I'm all open for criticism, but please try harder man, tell me WHY the concept doesn't work and WHY you're against the idea of splitting the two, rather than saying, "I hate fighting Eddie, so any reference or inspiration from his character is bad and should be avoided."

Also, I main Sol, and I don't find Eddie THAT annoying. His high learning curve justifies the power imo. Lest not we forget how Guilty Gear is easily among the most balanced and unique fighters in the genre (it IS the best after all), so as Godly as he may seem to you, he's no Meta Knight I'm afraid.

EDIT:

I just realized you were talking about the IC, and not Sheik. NVM them...

Vashimus

Smash Master
Well, you know Zelda/Shiek are not gonna get any further drastic changes because Melee. :p

My bad, I just get hotheaded over this kind of stuff. Hence why I try to stay away from this thread. XD

JOE!

Smash Hero
I am totally in favor of Zelda/Shiek being split since the reasons for PT and ZSS/Samus getting splits... doesn't seem right.

D

Deleted member

Well, you know Zelda/Shiek are not gonna get any further drastic changes because Melee. :p

My bad, I just get hotheaded over this kind of stuff. Hence why I try to stay away from this thread. XD
Don't worry man, I'm a brash hothead myself so I getcha, I know exactly where you're comming from bro.

I am totally in favor of Zelda/Shiek being split since the reasons for PT and ZSS/Samus getting splits... doesn't seem right.
They're justn poorly done.

Samus/ZSS is hardly a problem since Smash Balls aren't even tourney viable, and they're so broken sometimes I don't even use them. If Smash Balls get replaced with a more traditional Ultra Meter, then yeah, I'd be totally in favor of that split.

PT I feel is the only character that should be BUILT around the concept, meaning all three Pokemon should work in tandem, but I like the split we got in P:M as it works much better that way.

Hence why Sheik/Zelda split is more than justified, and why Impa should totally replace Sheik in Smash 4. Poor Zelda deserves a chance to shine alone.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Anyway, can we talk about Zelda and Sheik?

Why are they together? The transform gimmick hardly works and both would be better without it.

How about we split the characters completely, and give Zelda a "Magic Charge" like Lucas so she has a little more of that much needed killing power, but in a balanced manner, and can instead focus on Spacing and Mindgames which is what she does best.

And give Sheik a stealthy approach option for her Down B, I'd say something like Eddie's "Break the Law + Shadow Gallery" where Sheik could vanish into a shadow on the ground and come up at will to strike from a different location:http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Eddie_(GGAC). Of course, the lack of Zelda would mean improving Sheik's recovery a bit, I have a neat idea for that if anyone wants to listen...

Basically, UpB in mid-air is identical, but UpB on the ground woul place a marker on the ground that has limited radial range. If Sheik uses Vanish within that range, she teleports directly to that location regardless of where she is on the stage.

If implemented correctly this could be SUPER sweet to watch, and play. You would really have to stay on your toes when fighting Sheik.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, all the transformation characters in Smash are pretty badly handled. They all feel like the gimmick was just tacked on with no thought behind it. They all deserve to be seperate characters.

D

Deleted member

If implemented correctly this could be SUPER sweet to watch, and play. You would really have to stay on your toes when fighting Sheik.
Indeed, Ninjas are supposed to be unpredictable and stealthy, and that certainly adds to that concept I feel. That's what I was trying to go for with that.

The only issue we'd have to tackle would be balancing Sheik's DownB so she can't use it to stall endlessly. Eddie has a meter in GG, so something similar should be put into effect.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, Ninjas are supposed to be unpredictable and stealthy, and that certainly adds to that concept I feel. That's what I was trying to go for with that.

The only issue we'd have to tackle would be balancing Sheik's DownB so she can't use it to stall endlessly. Eddie has a meter in GG, so something similar should be put into effect.
You'd also likely have to compensate the added mobility options with some form of nerf in the rest of the moveset, since Sheik really isn't in a state where she needs buffs afaik. Still a really cool concept.

D

Deleted member

You'd also likely have to compensate the added mobility options with some form of nerf in the rest of the moveset, since Sheik really isn't in a state where she needs buffs afaik. Still a really cool concept.
Yeah, perhaps taking away a bit of power on some of her killing moves so she has more limited killing options?

Not too much though, the new DownB isn't too different from what she could previously do, except she now has better approach and a new combo starter, which is certainly useful. The new UpB balances itself fairly fine though I think.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
I normally would be opposed to a change as radical as splitting Zelda and Shiek, but considering no one (That I've seen) really utilizes transformation in their play-style, I see it fine to separate them. Plus the Marker idea for Shieks Up-B sounds cool. As for the Stealthy Approach thing, I'm not sure I understand it. Are we talking something similar to Lucario's down-b or MetaKnight's down-b?

And for Zelda's down b, I don't think her problem is killing power. She's got dem heelz. I think given enough brainstorming, we can come up with a lore friendly down b that rounds her out better. Where's Smash from the Past when you need a Zelda player?

D

Deleted member

I normally would be opposed to a change as radical as splitting Zelda and Shiek, but considering no one (That I've seen) really utilizes transformation in their play-style, I see it fine to separate them. Plus the Marker idea for Shieks Up-B sounds cool. As for the Stealthy Approach thing, I'm not sure I understand it. Are we talking something similar to Lucario's down-b or MetaKnight's down-b?

And for Zelda's down b, I don't think her problem is killing power. She's got dem heelz. I think given enough brainstorming, we can come up with a lore friendly down b that rounds her out better. Where's Smash from the Past when you need a Zelda player?
Neither, she gets swallowed up by the ground as she moves into her shadow. She can hold that form for a limited time and can move around left or right while in it, when she comes out, she either comes out and doing an attack, or we could have it more like Eddie where she is given a number of attack options when coming out. I would say Press and Hold Down B to use this move, release B and she comes out from the ground.

Obviously, this move can't be done in mid-air (I feel that's a fair balance, though you could also have her dive into the ground I suppose, but that's a bit too much I think), and at the same time, you can't "climb" platforms with it either. In regard to invincibility frames, I'd say just a couple right as she's coming out, but only at the very beginning, and right as she's getting "swallowed," so that way reflexed opponents CAN react to it. It's meant to be a mix up move to confuse opponents more than anything.

Also, the "swallowing" and "spitting" animations, should be quick (feel free to make as many sex jokes as you wish, hahahahaha).

And as I said before, we need some form of limiting the usage so you can't infinite spam it.

On Zelda,
She does have the heels, but the hitboxes are strange. Which isn't bad, but given a temporary buff to soup up her magical attacks would be great for her. She could be given a charge gimmick like Blazblue's Tsubaki instead. She charges magic to have more powerful attacks, using those attacks drains the magic. This flows well with her spacing strategy.

But I'm open for ideas, perhaps something that can highlight her Okizeme? P:M Zelda has GREAT wake up game. She reminds me alot of Mu-12 actually.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
A nice way to buff Zelda is to make her down b charge to increase the size of the hitbox for certain attacks ( like fair and bair sweet spots), but have the charge deplete over time. The larger hitbox would be shown by a flashy "magic" graphical effect. It would help her kill and make her zoning a little bit stronger.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Eddie is one of the cheapest characters to ever grace the Guilty Gear series, DESPITE the high learning curve. He's godlike in every game. While I wouldn't have it any other way with him, making the IC's super godlike in exchange for a high learning curve is really not the goal.

And why are why getting suggestion for characters based on Guilty Gear of all games anyway?

He's midtier in AC+R

Also Zelda doesn't need a charge gimmick of any kind. That's just too much. Zelda's in a decent spot right now, and if she were to receive anything it should be fairly minimal. The most she could possibly use and still be a reasonable character is allowing her to set up Side B traps a little faster and that's it.

D

Deleted member

A nice way to buff Zelda is to make her down b charge to increase the size of the hitbox for certain attacks ( like fair and bair sweet spots), but have the charge deplete over time. The larger hitbox would be shown by a flashy "magic" graphical effect. It would help her kill and make her zoning a little bit stronger.
I dig this idea. As the problem lies not in her power, but her hitboxes. Also, using "magical moves" should deplete the charge faster, thus making her rely on it a little more, but not making it a core necessity of her playstyle.

Also coming from Mu-12 and her Okizeme game, we could also have DownB be the "Burst" for her Fireballs.

Much like Mu-12's move where she makes her Steiner explode, thus giving the fireballs an optional power boost that could be quite useful in certain situations and give Zelda more pressure in her wake up game.

He's midtier in AC+R

Also Zelda doesn't need a charge gimmick of any kind. That's just too much. Zelda's in a decent spot right now, and if she were to receive anything it should be fairly minimal. The most she could possibly use and still be a reasonable character is allowing her to set up Side B traps a little faster and that's it.
I disagree, though much better than she was in any other entry before, she's still not at the level of the likes of Falco, Dorf, or Peach, giving her a slight boost can make her a little more competent.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
As a not-huge change for Zelda: make down-B activate any existing side-B bombs instantly.

TimSkully

Smash Rookie
An Idea for Yoshi?

Tell me if u guys like this idea i had for yoshi. The eggs Yoshi throws are different colors and each color corresponds with a certain element or attack. Green would be a normal attack. Red would be a fire effect. Yellow would be a heavy attack (ex Random Peach turnip). Black would be a trip attack(ex Diddy's bananas). Blue would be either freezing element or stun attack( Freezing Lucas' side b) or (ZSS neutral b). I was thinking the different attacks could be random like Peach's Down B or it could use the count system that Mr. Game and Watch has. The dots the pop over his head when he hits u with numbers. Ive thrown my idea to my friends and they say it would be interesting to see. Thanks in Advance! Could some submit my idea to the PMBR?​

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
PMBR eventually read the forums and stay with us, no need to worry

Exodo

Smash Ace
As a not-huge change for Zelda: make down-B activate any existing side-B bombs instantly.

that would be a great idea for zelda, but I would prefer the idea someone else gave of giving her down B a move to charge her power, like making the side B bigger so it can be stronger.

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna attempt to reply to these points.

ICs :
-Put Nana's IA on par with that of P:M's bots.
I dont know if you guys had seen this earlier in the thread, but i thought of instead trying to update Nana's AI we can make Nana respawn. It seems like when you code AI they react with whatever you programmed them to do in specific situation A, but outside of that they act like their Brawl counterparts. (Correct me if im wrong) Meaning we cant change HOW Nana will recover. If she's below she would use Up-B. If shes horizontal she would use Side- b. I doubt theres much more you can do. It will always be linear and predictable based off the nature of IC's recovery. By respawning Nana you keep the "kill nana and fight sopo" objective for the opponent, but helps to indirectly make sopo better by reducing how long you are playing as sopo.

That imo, is the main flaw with the character; even with wobbling as seen in EVO, the IC's when together are only barely solid. With Sopo their main gimmick / strategy / etc. is gone and becomes the worst character in the game. Letting Nana respawn still leaves him at whatever percentage he was at before, but gives him the chance that he lost, but other characters retain.

-Replace one of the taunts with a 'desynch' button. As long as it's pressed, only Popo responds to the inputs.
Why do people want a desynch button that lets you control Popo? I'd rather control Nana. Like as long as Popo is within X distance from Nana, holding Up taunt cancels certain actions (Probably Dashes, Wavedashes, and B moves) Nana is doing and you can control her. Release taunt and you are back to Popo while Nana finishes whatever actions she was doing. So it can give desynchs OOS and other stuff (SH desynch, Wavedash desynch )

-All of Nana's throws, and her grab release, result in an uthrow.
I would prefer Nana's grabs, after a few seconds, result into a grounded grab release. So popo can keep pressure but doesnt get anything guaranteed off of it.

-Popo's fair spikes too.
Why?

-Buff Solo Popo's recovery, somehow.
If respawning is put in, then it would be fair for you to run away and avoid being hit until Nana comes.You are given a good wavedash / land so I feel the opponent should be rewarded for the hit.

-Make sure none of Solo Popo's or Solo Nana's moves are punishable on hit.
- Depends. I should be punished for poorly spaced moves regrdless of whether it hit or not.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Ignoring the whole stamina problem, the other reason that the Pokemon needed to be separated from their Trainer in the first place was to completely redesign them, and giving them each a new Down B was the easiest way to go about it.

For Zelda/Sheik, this isn't even an issue. Sheik was already a top tier character who got a few ninja tweaks carried over from the vanilla version and doesn't need a thing added, especially not a new Dimensional Cape mix up. Zelda is also now a great character with her Dins increasing in power as they travel (making any new charge move not only redundant but also overcomplicating an elegant design) so she also doesn't need to be touched in such a radical way.

The whole point is that they play completely differently from one another, covering each other's weaknessess and it is really only a limitation of players' imaginations that they aren't used as a 2 in 1 team when it is now very viable to do so.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I dont know if you guys had seen this earlier in the thread, but i thought of instead trying to update Nana's AI we can make Nana respawn. It seems like when you code AI they react with whatever you programmed them to do in specific situation A, but outside of that they act like their Brawl counterparts. (Correct me if im wrong) Meaning we cant change HOW Nana will recover. If she's below she would use Up-B. If shes horizontal she would use Side- b. I doubt theres much more you can do. It will always be linear and predictable based off the nature of IC's recovery. By respawning Nana you keep the "kill nana and fight sopo" objective for the opponent, but helps to indirectly make sopo better by reducing how long you are playing as sopo.
Respawning Nana ?
What would be the condition for her to respawn ? Because if it's a time factor, ICs players will just stall until she respawns. Seems like an idea, but I wouldn't just dive into it.
Why do people want a desynch button that lets you control Popo? I'd rather control Nana. Like as long as Popo is within X distance from Nana, holding Up taunt cancels certain actions (Probably Dashes, Wavedashes, and B moves) Nana is doing and you can control her. Release taunt and you are back to Popo while Nana finishes whatever actions she was doing. So it can give desynchs OOS and other stuff (SH desynch, Wavedash desynch )
Makes sense. I don't know if it's feasible to switch the main climber mid match but it would be a fun thing to play with.
I simply suggested the popo desynch because it's this way that desynch setups will be the more natural. It would have a different use altogether (your version helps save nana, that needs to be taken into account. With the popo only button, nana is still weak and you're still going to have to protect her)
I would prefer Nana's grabs, after a few seconds, result into a grounded grab release. So popo can keep pressure but doesnt get anything guaranteed off of it.
That would work, except you can grab somebody during their grab release animation, and it would give them an infinite. The uthrow version deals wih the infinites, and includes a bit of DI predicting to get the most out of your grabs. Sounds very P:M worthy to me.
The duo version wouldn't be altered : two spikes in a row have the same effect as one non-spike followed by a spike, no matter if the opponent is airborne or not.
So only popo's solo fair would be altered : it would only be useful during desynch combos (a bit of tech chasing to make up for the loss of the infinite isn't too), and when nana is dead (more kill power, just so that solo popo isn't garbage tier)
If respawning is put in, then it would be fair for you to run away and avoid being hit until Nana comes.You are given a good wavedash / land so I feel the opponent should be rewarded for the hit.
Sounds like forcing the ICs players to stall to me. We'd rather have them not need to do it in the first place, rather than being barely able to do it and be forced into doing it anyways.
That kind of the counterweight for the loss of the infinite : if they have less benefit to being two, then you should not be rewarded as much for killing nana.
- Depends. I should be punished for poorly spaced moves regrdless of whether it hit or not.
Yeah, except getting hit purposedly by a move because you know you can punish it by DIing the right way, no matter how the opponent spaces, should not be a strategy we encourage in P:M. That's something that's possible against a lot of solo popo or solo nana's moves, and they end up being unable to use those moves offensively, whether there's nana or not.
The idea is the other way around : you should be rewarded for landing a hit, and you should be rewarded even more for spacing it well. Or in IC's case, setting up a desynch combo properly to back it up.[/quote][/quote]

Windstar120025

Smash Apprentice
Honestly im waiting for the release of Samus in a new project M release.
Here are my ideas for Samus revamps here is the List

First of all comes the most important part
Hit resistance. she dies to easy because for some reaso people think she should be light wait, but hello thegiant metal suit should say otherwise. the point is thesuit allows for its gracefull movements not it weight, chances are it weighs alot. such comes reason for if not influenced faster falling on normal falls. however by holding up boosters come into play by holding up after jump slowing her decent.

Neutral-A:
no changes from melee duo impact low knockback

Tilts:

Side:
swift leg lick forward that can be angled up or down, has moderate to low impact with low trajectory

Down:
Swipes leg in a forward leg sweep, Trips

UP:
A hi kick with a spiking hit box at bottom of foot befor leaving ground and strong hi hit box at very tip of toe, low knockback, decent hit stun

Arial's:

Forward:
Same as melee

UP:
Same as melee but with more knockback, leaving the same is up for debate

Down:
Horizontal positioned Spin swipe just like in Melee but does a full animation spin, hitting below like in melee and halfway behind her, has decent lag for stabalization.

Back:
Vertical positioned spin swiping in the back with same explosions as her melee forward air but with decent knockback.

Smashes:

UP:
Same as Melee

Side:
Same as melee

DOWN:
This is the tricky part, i would like to see it more as her bomb drop, like her Down B usually is. Full charged down smash would be turned into the Super Bomb from Metroid Other M . Would do double damage as initial smash without charge, same hit stun, but knockback the same as Ganons down smash.

Specials:

Forward:
Missile, launches faster, better combo ability,
Smash forward is still super missile. with same stats

now these two are most interesting i want to mention!!

Gravity Spin: as we know Samus's suit has many functions on of which needs to be brought her Gravity Suit. as we know it allows her to move through out intense gravity, and other stuff. Point being is she has allways had tools or functions so say that her suit gave her to use in combat but was never truly complimented by the SMASH games.

UP: Is normal UP-B but with a chargeable extra jump at end that is to percentage matching of her initial air jump. charging can start from any time from UP-B start up. full charge equals a full length air jump that launches immediately after the peek is reached.
HOWEVER once hit after use she goes into reboot and cannot use UP-B or jumps again untill grabbed or come on stage. but is able to teather grab.

Gear Shifter: as we know Samus has various Beams to her disposal, beams i would like to see her use would be Ice Beam and Fire beam( i know might not be realy but still). Using gear shift while fuly charged cancels the charge of Neutral-B ( to avoid spamming of beams)

Down-b: Used to Change the type of beam is used for neutral B

Neutral-B:
Plasma: normal Smash brother beam, with same to smaller knockback as in Melle/Brawl

Ice: Freezes opponent hit. The full charged freeze stun lasting about 1-1.5 sec. Has pop up knockback as if hit by Mr. game and watches 8 hammer. level of stunn varies from charge duration

Pyro: low knockback, with no hit stun. Attack deals only damage. full charge does about 15% with continuous burn effect. this has the shortest charge time.

Grabs: First of all teather grab on ground faster but shorter then in melle/brawl, with in air teather staying same.

Have no changes to throws.

Does this sound to broken?

Windstar120025

Smash Apprentice
KIRBY TALK YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL I WAS HOPING FORA FASTER NEUTRAL-B LUANCH AS WELL AS JUMP CANCELING TO AVOID AKWARD WAITING.

WHAT ARE THOUGHTS ON A NEW UP AS HI STAR RIDING I MEAN I LOVED HIS LITTLE STAR HE COULD RIDE!

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
This is what Yoshi should look like:

--- Improved jump mechanics
- Instead of one long double jump, two slightly smaller ones.
- Leave the armor while still fluttering, but loses it if he chooses to attack. A little less armor is ok.
- Hold jump button to allow yourself to attack while rising, or let it go when you attack to cancel vertical momentum much like Ness/Lucas.
This combined with the extra double jump should create some really interesting gameplay.
- Jump out of shield, for the price of this I really don't care if he loses his shield's durability being marginally better than everyone else's.
- Jump out of eggroll as Yoshi and no longer the egg, small amount of lag before he can attack out of it, but before he lands. Recovers one flutter jump if performed in the air, one time only until he touches the stage. If Eggroll is used before a flutter jump, the jump return is wasted.
- Leave the little hop on aerial UpB from Brawl.

--- Improved B mechanics
- Less delay on Eggroll startup, essentially just gaining his momentum faster because when he does it on the ground he just sits there for awhile and that's stupid. Armor and all that stuff everyone else suggests is not necessary, but it'd be cool I guess /wink
- Easier control over Egg Toss, pretty much just Melee status.
- Less air time on Neutral B when the opponent is pooped out as an egg. It'd be a much better move if the egg didn't float so much.
- That's pretty much it

--- Improved range and spacing capabilities
- Essentially just Brawl range on tail attacks would be sweet thanks.

Leave literally everything else the same as melee.

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
Respawning Nana ?
What would be the condition for her to respawn ? Because if it's a time factor, ICs players will just stall until she respawns. Seems like an idea, but I wouldn't just dive into it.
Sounds like forcing the ICs players to stall to me. We'd rather have them not need to do it in the first place, rather than being barely able to do it and be forced into doing it anyways.
That kind of the counterweight for the loss of the infinite : if they have less benefit to being two, then you should not be rewarded as much for killing nana.
So may I ask what would you rather do? In Melee the moment you lost Nana, that stock is almost forfeited to the point where you're lucky to get a kill off the other character with out her helping you chaingrab, set up for combos, etc. SoPo is a very unrewarding character on even amateur play with his straight-foward-ness and terrible recovery. Unfortunately, it has to be a condition thats fair to both players. It cant be the IC's respawn after jumping once, or respawn after taking / recieving certain percent. A time condition would be best, because it rewards the opponent for attacking Nana like they should, and places you at a disadvantage for losing her, which it should. In those X seconds, no one said you cant rushdown or make good reads, but there is one good choice. It would take a good player to mix both running away and punishment for 30 straight seconds. Along with the fact that camping with Popo isnt Marvel Morrigan, you have to commit to every button press on top of a laggy projectile, neutral B. So besides camping to perserve your stock and try your best to hold on for your chance of victory, what would you do. Make it a percent based condition (20% and Nana comes back) the best bet is still to stall untll you get the opportunity to punish. Regardless of the condition I believe the end result would be the same, time, however, would be the most fair for both players imo.

Makes sense. I don't know if it's feasible to switch the main climber mid match but it would be a fun thing to play with.
I simply suggested the popo desynch because it's this way that desynch setups will be the more natural. It would have a different use altogether (your version helps save nana, that needs to be taken into account. With the popo only button, nana is still weak and you're still
going to have to protect her)
Idk if its possibile. Its just an idea I threw out there.
I wasnt thinking of how natural it would feel with moving Nana, I thought of the additional possibilities. Let Popo do something laggy then switch to Nana so she can cancel out of it and combo. It would make for a Falco / Fox level of technical-ness. Also, I reccommended that you can only do that when you have control over Nana normally. If the AI takes control of Nana then you cant do it until she comes closer to you. The trade off is that Popo stands still. So anything over the top would be done while comboing and in the neutral the desynchs would remain simple so as to protect Popo.

Top Bottom