• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Idea Submission Thread

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
What do you guys think about SD Remix Kirby?

Personally, I love the ideas that went into this Kirby. The only things I would change are brawl up special distance/maneuverability, inhale increases size if held a long period of time(reference to RTDL), stone hitbox when transforming on the ground, give him back his melee down throw with slightly more pop up, give his SD remix down throw knockback to his forward throw and maybe change his dash attack.

Movement:
Less friction (longer wavedash)
Slightly faster run speed
Slightly shorter short hop
Greatly improved aerial mobility and horizontal air speed

Misc.:
Now weighs much more; around Fox's base weight

Jabs/Tilts:

Dash Attack: Grows into a strong KO move at higher percents
F-tilt (all angles): Steeper send angle for edgeguarding
U-tilt: Less cooldown to facilitate follow-ups
D-tilt: Less cooldown

Smash Attacks:
F-smash (all angles): Steeper send angle and slightly more knockback
U-smash: Sweetspot lasts longer.
D-smash: Vertical sending hitbox now sends horizontally

Aerials:

N-air: Drastically less start-up; more knockback and damage
F-air: Slightly less start-up; connects slightly better into third hit
U-air: Hitbox is now the entire arc of Kirby's moving foot
D-air: Slightly less start-up lag; landing hitbox pops opponents up for a follow-up

Grabs and Throws:

F-throw: Can no longer be escaped; can set up for tech chases
B-throw: Can no longer be escaped; can set up for combos on fastfallers
U-throw: Can KO at high percentages on floatier characters
D-throw: Sends at a steeper angle and has less cooldown to set-up tech chases; stomps do damage rather than all the damage done at the end of the move.

Specials:

Inhale: Swallowing the opponent is now slightly safer. Grab boxes have slightly better range.

* It is now impossible to force Kirby to lose a Copy ability.

Hammer:
Ground: Less start-up; all hitboxes on the hammer are sweetspots; does shield damage
Air: Less cooldown; sends at a steeper angle

Final Cutter: The downward slash always has a meteor hitbox

Stone:
Air: More knockback and less start-up
This Kirby build kicks ****ing ass. I would play this all the time.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Never got any feedback on this idea so I'm posting it again.
This next suggestion more of an aesthetic suggestion for Samus. I noticed that in all of her games she gets different suits and they all look similar but with noticeable differences and I was wondering if it were possible to put this in Project M. So Samus' different colors wouldn't just be different colors they would be different suits so that the models themselves are different from one another. Her dark suit could be vertexed to look just like her Dark Suit in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. I'd like to see one of her colors become the PED suit from Metroid Prime 3. Her pink suit could become the Light Suit from MP2. Her Pink suit could become the Brawl default suit so that her default could be the PED suit Samus. The others should be tweaked so that they resemble the other Metroid games. I would rather the team keep the suits strictly Samus only and not Dark Samus. I know people are fans of Dark Samus and wanted her in Brawl but that's just too bad. Here are some suggestions to play with:

Phazon Suit Samus from MP1: http://s496.photobucket.com/user/DragoOro/media/Custom Textures/al_090509_2345binout.jpg.html
Dark Suit Samus from MP2: http://s214.photobucket.com/user/josewii/media/textures/35d59pk.jpg.html
Light Suit Samus from MP2:http://i.imgur.com/Jjmrr.jpg
Classic Samus: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8394/al1108291609binout.jpg
Fusion Phazon Suit: http://oi52.tinypic.com/sgs6tj.jpg
Other M Samus: http://i.imgur.com/pHbO0sh.jpg
PED Suit: http://kc-mm.com/Brawl Media/SuperSmashBrothersBrawlNA_607-1.png
Super Metroid Samus: http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5609/al1107182215binout.jpg

As you can See she has a ton of options and you can even mix the models and colors around to make a special Samus just for PM. All of these can be found on brawlvault btw. Not to mention with the release of the Metroid Prime Trilogy you could probably just go into the games' files themselves and pull the models so they are exact and aren't just the Brawl versions or vertexed versions. I'm also sure the team could do better vertex editing for the models than some of these. Can't wait to see what you guys do.

MVP

Smash Ace
Samus is all I care about at this point... (And yoshi :p )

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
As someone who played SDR Kirby a lot, he is exactly what I wanted out of Melee Kirby. His build here would be pretty good, imo.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
As much as we're all hyped to see Samus, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see Yoshi and Kirby return soon, so all of the OG Nintendo 64 vets will be reunited. I'm also looking forward to Olimar...

himemiya

Smash Lord
Lets discuss more about oilmar/mk then since it been told a 1,000 times pmbr will not give samus a bunch of ridiculous changes that'll also involve giving everyone else ridiculous changes to keep up with her.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
There was one thing I was just thinking about, should ICs be able to Wobble in Project M? I personally think it should be in since it was one of their defining features in Melee and tournament organizers can always ban it if they deem it broken, but what is the general view on it?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I should pick up SD Remix to go with Project M. To bad my main weakness in life is procrastination through unfathomable productivity. I need to reevaluate my priorities.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Dunno if this goes here, but w/e.
In Smash 4, Pit has been shown to have a new down b: the Guardian Orbitars, from Uprising.

Could these be implemented in PM? Functionally, they'd be the same as his current down b, but with coverage on both sides and a thousands times the flashiness. It'd be a nice buff to an underutilized tool in Pit's arsenal, and looks great.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Dunno if this goes here, but w/e.
In Smash 4, Pit has been shown to have a new down b: the Guardian Orbitars, from Uprising.

Could these be implemented in PM? Functionally, they'd be the same as his current down b, but with coverage on both sides and a thousands times the flashiness. It'd be a nice buff to an underutilized tool in Pit's arsenal, and looks great.
Wouldn't they have to get rid of his invisibility in the front to make it fair? Ether way pit's down-b is fine the way it is. Even if it comes out as an pseudo shine.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't they have to get rid of his invisibility in the front to make it fair? Ether way pit's down-b is fine the way it is. Even if it comes out as an pseudo shine.
I suppose so. I just really like how it looks, and always thought Pit's down B was kinda underwhelming.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
There was one thing I was just thinking about, should ICs be able to Wobble in Project M? I personally think it should be in since it was one of their defining features in Melee and tournament organizers can always ban it if they deem it broken, but what is the general view on it?
Pretty sure that the PMBR said they were getting rid of it.

MVP

Smash Ace

there can and will eventually be a better competitive fighter than ssbm, whether or not you'll realize it is another story. have fun arguing with a 12 year old community over whether or not wobbling should be legal, i'll be busy playing a game where it doesn't exist, among a host of other improvements such as more than 5 or 6 competitively viable stages, 25+ competitively viable characters (that's more characters than are even selectable in SSBM, btw), and an absurdly deep 2v2 metagame.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I see, well it makes sense I suppose it is a pretty controversial ability (for good reason) I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed though XD Anyway I am sure the PMBR will do good with Ice Climbers just like everyone else so they will just have new strong suits to make up for it.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I think olimar should have a different moveset when out of pikmin

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
You guys think they'll keep his Pikmin count the same (6)? I remember back in the Smashmods days we were throwing ideas around and at one point it was mentioned that he could have a lowered Pikmin cap (3).

I actually JUST thought of the impact that could have on his recovery...
(If anyone's mentioned this already then just feel free to forget I said anything. lol)

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
^recovery is one of the many reasons I would prefer 6 pikmin.

On a different topic, what will kirby's damage output and knockback be like in PM? Will he retain the raw power he had in brawl, or is he going to focus on wearing away at foes like in melee? Personally, I say keep some of Kirby's brawl knockback. He needs it.

Emg3

Smash Cadet
what if olimar had 3 pikmin and his recovery was that he would spin them over his head like a helicopter to get back on stage.
BOOM!

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
How about MK with some kind of projectile? After making him so bad i guess.. Or maybe slower; or probably make him use two swords in some moves

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
And about kirby, giving him new specials would be nice, flame kirby, magic kirby sword kirby, and all other stuff. And maybe different specials when air borne

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Samus... Hmm, i couldnt think of anything, ice power, perhaps? Never played metroid so i have no more suggestions

TreK

Is "that guy"
Ideas for Ivysaur :
-The ability to charge her dair like a smash. On top of more damage/kb/heal, the vertical boost would be greater with longer charging.
-A ground hitbox during her uair's landing lag.
-Smash/tilt side and down specials, ala Diddy/Samus. Tilt side B would be the current one, smashed side B would travel faster, and eventually have a bit of kill power. Tilted down B would go about the same height as Snake's close grenade and allow for traps and combos.
-Less startup on anything that's not a solar move.

From what I can tell, what this character lacks is versatility and what defines her is uniqueness from all other Smash characters... ever, including her Brawl self. Those are three ways that I clearly not thought through to 'fix' her yet kinda fit her P:M style.

Ice Climbers :
-Fix Nana's IA
-Take some useless move out and let it become a 'desynch' button. Idk, a taunt or something. As long as it's pressed, only Popo responds to your inputs.
We need to make what's good about them not a glitch but an actual feature.

SunJester

Smash Ace
After watching Evo I have come to the conclusion the main thing that the Ice Climbers need is for Nana not to be a complete idiot.

This is assuming wobbling is left in though.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
wobbling has been confirmed to not be coming back, iirc. so, they'll need a better overhaul than just better nana ai.

also, the fact that wobbling is an incredibly polarizing tactic that ends up making the game not very fun when ic's are involved (DON'T GET GRABBED! crap, i got grabbed... time for the next stock...)

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if its possible but I was thinking about letting Nana respawn after certain conditions. From watching Evo, it seemed like without Nana or separated from Nana, Popo is a lacking character. Unless you utilize good reads and the opponent is already at a high percent then the moment Nana dies your stock is forfeit. With Nana respawning maybe after a certain time passes by it gives the player a chance to win again and also giving the opposing player the time to go in. Also, with project M's focus on rush down makes it much harder to just run away for the X seconds until Nana comes back.

I just think ice climbers are too weak in both recovery and damage after Nana is gone that it gives too much of an advantage to the opposing player. I also think that she should spas. Immediately near Popo. While it would probably be more fair that the opponent can push you away from the angel platform and pressure Nana, I think its probably going to cause more hype when Popo is offstage and uses the newly spawned Nana to save his life. Like the Randall effect from Yoshis Island

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
what if olimar had 3 pikmin and his recovery was that he would spin them over his head like a helicopter to get back on stage.
BOOM!
Explain to me how carrot-men could support that sort of weight for an extended period of time. Besides, that just seems way too weird and clunky to be implemented. Olimar has always survived by playing defensive, and making him a sitting duck with a flying move (because we all know how protected snake is with his uspecial).

As for the Ice climber changes suggested by shadow0x0cloud, the idea of being able to respawn Nana makes sense to me. However, I think it would work better if you coud earn her back through dealing a certain amount of damage, not unlike building up lucario's meter. Also, Popo should deal more damage with his attacks than Nana (Popo would account or 75% of the damage on a multicharacter attack while Nana would be 25% instead of it being divided equally). This way, Popo could still fight back without his partner. Chaingrabs should still exist, but should not work at higher percentages (capping off at about 60-75% in most cases). In order to make the kill, the IC player needs to get creative. Blizzard should also have more range, as the opponent needs to be too close for it to be a viable defensive tool.

Emg3

Smash Cadet
CoeusFreeze he could fly up kind of like snakes (maybe not as high) then maybe air dodge and tether to the ledge like Lucas does now.

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
CoeusFreeze he could fly up kind of like snakes (maybe not as high) then maybe air dodge and tether to the ledge like Lucas does now.
Maybe a mash b type of thing like Mario/Luigi cyclone

Also I do think a form of chain grabbing should exist with IC. Maybe giving true non di-able ones at early percentages ( maybe like 0 - 15) enough to chain 2 throws from 0%. And then from there needing to use mindgames with Nana.

I don't know how viable it would be, but how about holding a taunt let's you control Nana as an alternative too both creating a better AI for her and setups for desynching

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
Well, depending on how far the cyclone goes, that plus a tether is really good. He can't be edge hogged b/c of tether mechanics and he (should) be able to jump out of cyclone.

Sounds like a good recovery for me. Now all he needs is a wall jump :)

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
As someone who plays Samus and is thoroughly displeased with how inaccurate her portrayal in Brawl was, I was hoping that Project M might be able to add a couple of things to make her more true to the Metroid series and give her something unique. I'd like to see her be able to hold down B and charge her beam while moving, and maintain that charge so long as she holds B. Then, allow her to cancel any of her moves (except her recovery) into a charged shot by releasing B. I think it would give Samus a very interesting combo game.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Now that Metaknight is confirmed in, we're getting down to the wire.

We're only missing five characters-- Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Ice Climbers, and Olimar.
It's down the wire, ladies and gentlemen. The countdown begins...

himemiya

Smash Lord
Idea for kirby, Dash attack should be him spinning (using vbrawl nair animations) with stars following him. It should be an multi-hit move and be able to go off stage with it. Question for oilmar is, How would his kill% sfx sound like in game cause he doesn't have sounds of his own?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Air charge nB so Samus gets the same treatment as Sheik, squirtle, lucario, dk, etc.

And the ability to drop 5 bombs at once by double taping b during down b while having a full charged shot and consuming the charge. Shout out to super metroid!

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Idea for kirby, Dash attack should be him spinning (using vbrawl nair animations) with stars following him. It should be an multi-hit move and be able to go off stage with it. Question for oilmar is, How would his kill% sfx sound like in game cause he doesn't have sounds of his own?

I was thinking of a similar idea with Kirby myself. I might have mentioned earlier. I think it would have been neat to bring back his Melee dash attack (the fireball). It could function similar to DK's dash attack in terms of being able to go offstage with it.
In general, I'd love to see more of Kirby's old-school copy abilities represented in his moveset. If the PMBR is willing to sneak Kirby's beam and parasol attacks in there if they can somehow fit...

Another idea I may have mentioned earlier... what if Kirby copy abilities gave him a certain special move depending on the character... but not necessarily their Neutral B? Some moves could stay the same (Mario's fireballs, Falco's lasers, Falcon Punch Samus' Charge Shot),
but other characters could give him a different attack. Imagine Kirby with turnips, Ganon's flame choke, Diddy's bananas, rest, or Fox's shine. Stop me if it sounds bonkers or OP.

...Not to sound redundant or anything.

Also, I wonder if the PMBR will bother giving Olimar a kill% sound effect at all, considering that Olimar doesn't really make even a peep?

Last I checked, many of us were throwing out the idea of Yoshi's Yoshi Bomb could be mapped to his >B, giving him an extra jump. I've also seen on some older youtube vids where Yoshi regained his second jump after using Egg Roll properly in midair.

EDIT:

For Kirby's stone move:
-Should be able to act out of it much quicker so that he can follow up on it and have more aerial control.
-More shield damage and Knockback Growth
-Should have a hitbox when he initially transforms that sends people horizontally.
-Lastly, it would be cool if he could slide while using stone if he dashes before using it like here.
I really like these ideas. I could see Kirby's stone having horizontal knockback being a neat idea. Maybe it could prove to be a valuable gimping tool.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
My Yoshi suggestions that I haven't seen anyone come up with yet:

General tweaks
*Can move around with opponent in mouth upon grabbing them like the Kong carry
*Increased running speed/general agility (he's usually a speed type character in the Mario sports games, this needs to be acknowledged by more people. And Brawl Yoshi often has trouble approaching)
*Shield has less startup/ending lag

Moves
*Faster Melee Ftilt, can be angled
*64 Bair possibly, Brawl Bair's fine as it is though
*Melee Dtilt (set knockback)
*Shorten his Uair's range a little, used as a juggling tool instead? (If DJC'ing is in this)

Top Bottom