• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Might as well slip in some spirit ideas so:

There's not really any need for spirit evolutions unless you want to opt for something like Retro Spinal -> Modern Spinal
Anyhow:

Jago would be represented by Ryu with a Beam Sword and would have the lifesteal effect in reference to Jago's instinct

Sabrewulf would be represented by Wolf and would have the shield damage up effect in reference to Sabrewulf dealing really good chip damage

Cinder would be represented by Captain Falcon and would have the fire damage up effect because... I mean it's Cinder, his whole deal is fire.

Orchid would be represented by Zero Suit Samus and would have the Move Speed up effect in reference to Orchid having the best walk speed

Spinal would be represented by Link and would have the Jam FS Charge effect in reference to Spinal's ability to put curses on the foe

TJ Combo would be represented by Little Mac and have the Critical Healing effect in reference to his Last Breath trait

Thunder would be represented by Incineroar and have Easier Dodging to reference Thunder's instinct

Riptor would be represented by Yoshi and have the Dash Attack up effect in reference to Riptor having strong run options

Aganos would be represented by Ganondorf and have the Super Armor effect to reference Aganos' ability to give himself Armor

Hisako would be represented by Corrin and have the Critical Health Damage Up effect to reference her Instinct which gives her full Wrath meter for the duration and lets her do some really devastating combos

Tusk would be represented by Cloud and have the Unflinching Charged Smashes effect to reference Tusk's deflect trait

Gargos is the Legend Class spirit and is represented by Ridley, he has the Critical Healing and Metal effect to reference his instinct, the battle itself would reference the Shadow Lords boss fight against Gargos with several of his buffs.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I dropped out of this thread for a while, but I’m BACK! I’ve never played Celeste, but I have enough knowledge to do a simple assist trophy concept...

Celeste Assist Trophy: Theo
2BE31AC1-90D3-4975-9C74-193E4FDD85FD.png

The assist trophy would take inspiration from when Theo was trapped in a crystal. When summoned, he would stay in his crystal. Anyone can grab and throw, including opponents. If Theo’s crystal hits somebody, they get damaged and launched a fair amount. And yeah... That’s it lol.

I’ve also got a question: What could a Spirit Board for Madeline look like?

amageish

Smash Master
I’ve also got a question: What could a Spirit Board for Madeline look like?
That's an interesting question... Like on DDLC's day, we're facing a game with a finite number of characters, so we're going to have to get creative here...

Theo, the Old Woman, and Mr. Oshiro are there for sure. I imagine the Old Woman would be a support spirit, given her role in the story, with Theo and Mr Oshiro being primary.

I think a Strawberry would make a fun spirit just for the sake of having a battle with a fast flying red Kirby to represent it?

Beyond that... could we make Mount Celeste itself the Legend Spirit? Would that be okay? The legend spirit is an inanimate real-world mountain found in coastal British Columbia? Is that too weird?

Badeline is also an option, of course, but I imagine she'd end up in Madeline's kit in some form and I think that could make her having her own spirit a bit odd. Maybe not, as Rex and Morgana did get spirits, but it's not like Arsene and Kazooie got spirits separate from the person who they are paired with for gameplay.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i wanna check which one celeste is, but every description i can think of covers a lot of indies game

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So question about Madeline: how exactly would she play? She seems like the kind of girl who would be rather evasive and mobile from what little I've seen of Celeste, but what about her overall playstyle?

amageish

Smash Master
So question about Madeline: how exactly would she play? She seems like the kind of girl who would be rather evasive and mobile from what little I've seen of Celeste, but what about her overall playstyle?
This is honestly a pretty difficult question, as Celeste is a very streamlined precision platformer and Madeline's canon powers kind of amount to: (i) jumping, (ii) dashing, and (iii) dashing again powered by fusing with the manifestation of everything she hates about herself and her body. Which is very fuctional for a video game, but hard to turn into a platform fighter moveset (er, just ignore that she's already playable in a platform fighter; Towerfall is pretty streamlined too).

Because of this, most movesets I have seen tend to draw from other aspects of the game, including some UI and collectable items, as well as letting her summon some of the stage elements she encounters across her game, a la Sonic's up-special.

And, yeah, I think that's what you would have to do... There's just a limit of how much of a moveset you can draw from jumping and having panic attacks!

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Madeline would have gliding option with jellyfish from the last dlc. Her gimmick would be her dash. She can dash in any direction. Just like in her game, she can dash twice at maximum in the air. Dash can be used as attack. Besides her dash, her recovery would be the crow and Badeline.

As for her stage, it would be overall the entire mountain shown at minimap in the game. Her stage can bring unique mechanic straight from the game.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I think it'd be interesting for Madeline's dash to be used in place of a typical midair jump.

I second the idea of Celeste Mountain being the Legend spirit. The skill could be "Air Ability ↑↑" (increases jump height, air speed, fast fall speed, and air dodge distance, and reduces landing lag). You could also add a bonus spirit representing characters from TowerFall if you wanted (especially if you took inspiration from Madeline's appearance in TowerFall to make one of her specials a bow).

ZelDan

Smash Master
When it comes to stages that Celeste could have, I really liked that Temple you went to in Chapter 5 and the messed up mirror world.

As for Madeleine's moveset, I did have an idea that would be kinda spoilery where Madeleine and Badeleine fight together, maybe somewhat similarily to how Rosalina and Luma works, and the final smash could have the both of them fuse like at the end of the game and maybe doing a bunch of powerful dashes into whatever enemies get caught into her FS (yeah, this would be taking some liberties I know)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is honestly a pretty difficult question, as Celeste is a very streamlined precision platformer and Madeline's canon powers kind of amount to: (i) jumping, (ii) dashing, and (iii) dashing again powered by fusing with the manifestation of everything she hates about herself and her body. Which is very fuctional for a video game, but hard to turn into a platform fighter moveset (er, just ignore that she's already playable in a platform fighter; Towerfall is pretty streamlined too).

Because of this, most movesets I have seen tend to draw from other aspects of the game, including some UI and collectable items, as well as letting her summon some of the stage elements she encounters across her game, a la Sonic's up-special.

And, yeah, I think that's what you would have to do... There's just a limit of how much of a moveset you can draw from jumping and having panic attacks!
how many games have the main character reaching out for something on the cover do you suppose?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I don’t really know anything about Celeste since I tend not to play many Indy games. What would be a good Classic mode route for Madeleine?

Noms: 30 Gengar

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I don’t really know anything about Celeste since I tend not to play many Indy games. What would be a good Classic mode route for Madeleine?

Noms: 30 Gengar
Maybe it's a metaphorical journey to the top of a mountain, with Summit being the final stage? Like, you start at what is basically the base of a mountain (Volcano portion of Castle Siege), then work your way up from there. It'd be sort of symbolic of the premise of the game, I feel.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Maybe it's a metaphorical journey to the top of a mountain, with Summit being the final stage? Like, you start at what is basically the base of a mountain (Volcano portion of Castle Siege), then work your way up from there. It'd be sort of symbolic of the premise of the game, I feel.
This sounds like a very good idea. Maybe end with Marx instead of the usual hands too?

Celeste would at least bring some fantastic music

Resurrections
Reach for the Summit
Exhale
In the Mirror
Confronting Myself
Checking In

And everything else in the OST honestly, Lena Raine's a fantastic composer and I can't wait to hear more of her work in future

Noms:

All in on Ichiban
There a tonne of great tracks, yeah... Here, lemme ask a question about that: If Madeline got the deluxe Mii Costume treatment, what song would you pick to go with her?

Anyway, are you all doing okay? Things can be pretty stressful these days... When things get intense, I like to focus on something simple and calm my mind... Here, take a list of things you can count!

75+ noms
Aloy - x100
Endo Mamoru - x90
Axel Stone - x90
Doomguy - x90
Octoling - x89
Black Mage - x85
Klonoa - x85

Ichiban - x80
Velvet Crowe - x80

50-75 noms
Rivals of Aether rep - x75
Shovel Knight - x75
Estelle Bright - x75
Gengar - x75
Filia (Skullgirls) - x70
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Heavy - x60
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x55

26-50 noms
Rintarou Okabe - x50
Bubsy - x50
Ryu Hayabusa - x50
Vectorman - x45
2B - x40
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
Brian - x30
Ori - x30
Tsubasa Oribe - x30
Alm - x30
Sly Cooper - x28
Trauma Center Content - x27

11-25 noms
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Toad - x15

5-10 noms
Crypto - x10
Daitoryo - x10
Gunvolt - x10
Darkest Dungeon Content - x10
Carl Johnson - x5
SMT Content - x5
Frogger - x5
Jonesy - x5
Ezio - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Chell - x3

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

I think this is the best fanmade moveset so far. This is not only very simple, but also unique. This moveset captures heart of Halo overall.
I think wheelbar or loadout isn't ideal for Chief. I mean loadout was in Halo 4, but that was scrapped in Halo 5 for more in line with equal start.

Two weapon system is core of Halo. This is the system redefined shooter genre. You may say "but wouldn't energy sword and gravity hammer in base moveset defeat purpose and consistency?" Smash tends to take liberty to certain level. So, there is nothing wrong with putting certain weapons on smash buttons.

Chief now has three recovery options: gravity lift, jetpack and grappling hook. I think most people would go with gravity lift. When placed on the ground, the gravity lift can lift even slow projectiles like missiles. Even enemies can get lifted by it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Just in time too, I've finished the Reach campaign yesterday and have started the Halo 1 campaign! Master Chief was one of those characters where back then you'd think "HAHAHA **** NO HE WON'T MAKE IT IN HAHAHA" but nowadays you're more likely to think "Huh. He actually might have a shot getting in, who knew". The question now is what unique gimmicks could he come with? I was thinking something of a limited, projectile-exclusive super armor mechanic that allows Chief to plow through whatever's thrown at him. I'm not sure if giving him an ammo gimmick is all that good, tbh, but hey, Hero has MP, so who knows?

Noms: All in on Doom Slayer

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Just in time too, I've finished the Reach campaign yesterday and have started the Halo 1 campaign! Master Chief was one of those characters where back then you'd think "HAHAHA **** NO HE WON'T MAKE IT IN HAHAHA" but nowadays you're more likely to think "Huh. He actually might have a shot getting in, who knew". The question now is what unique gimmicks could he come with? I was thinking something of a limited, projectile-exclusive super armor mechanic that allows Chief to plow through whatever's thrown at him. I'm not sure if giving him an ammo gimmick is all that good, tbh, but hey, Hero has MP, so who knows?

Noms: All in on Doom Slayer
If that's how to avoid having zoner nightmare, I am all for giving ammo mechanic. To balance this out, make Chief's ranged attack stronger and faster than average, but he cannot spam ranged attack without ammo. He has to hit enemy with melee attacks to regain ammo. This is mechanic of Black Eye skull
This would apply to only his base weapons: assault rifle and magnum. He wouldn't be able to restock ammo from dropped weapons.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Alright, so I have a Classic Mode idea for Master Chief: Finishing the Fight, which goes up against the last characters of their respective Smash debuts.

Round 1: :ultjigglypuff: on Saffron City (Main Theme - Pokémon Red & Pokémon Blue (64))
Round 2: :ultgnw: on :flatzone2: (Flat Zone)
Round 3: :ultwolf: on :lylat: (Star Wolf (Brawl))
Round 4: :ultduckhunt: on Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt Medley (for 3DS / Wii U))
Round 5: :ultbayonetta: on Umbra Clock Tower (Let's Hit the Climax!)
Round 6: :ultincineroar: on Boxing Ring (The Battle at the Summit!)
Final Round:
Master Hand.png
Crazy Hand.png
(One Final Effort)

That being said;
  • What would his stage be?
  • What would his alts be?
  • What would the Halo song list be?
  • What would his Spirit Board be?
I know the series symbol would, at the very least, be the stylized "O" in the Halo logo.

Noms:
Alm x5

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alright, so I have a Classic Mode idea for Master Chief: Finishing the Fight, which goes up against the last characters of their respective Smash debuts.

Round 1: :ultjigglypuff: on Saffron City (Main Theme - Pokémon Red & Pokémon Blue (64))
Round 2: :ultgnw: on :flatzone2: (Flat Zone)
Round 3: :ultwolf: on :lylat: (Star Wolf (Brawl))
Round 4: :ultduckhunt: on Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt Medley (for 3DS / Wii U))
Round 5: :ultbayonetta: on Umbra Clock Tower (Let's Hit the Climax!)
Round 6: :ultincineroar: on Boxing Ring (The Battle at the Summit!)
Final Round: View attachment 325842View attachment 325841 (One Final Effort)

That being said;
  • What would his stage be?
  • What would his alts be?
  • What would the Halo song list be?
  • What would his Spirit Board be?
I know the series symbol would, at the very least, be the stylized "O" in the Halo logo.

Noms:
Alm x5
For the map, it'd have to be either Blood Gulch or Valhalla, some of the most popular multiplayer maps in Halo.

I think his alts could be alternate colors, but if we're going to be bolder about it, the armor could change with each alt like the Hoplite armor, the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor, or if we're really gonna get nuts with it, maybe even the Hayabusa armor.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
There's a part of me that wonders if we can get away with a Red vs. Blue reference with Master Chief...

Nominations: Klonoa xMax

amageish

Smash Master
There's a part of me that wonders if we can get away with a Red vs. Blue reference with Master Chief...

Nominations: Klonoa xMax
I mean, didn't the Fortnite x Halo collab have Red vs Blue in their trailer? It's not like their brands are entirely separate nowadays.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean, didn't the Fortnite x Halo collab have Red vs Blue in their trailer? It's not like their brands are entirely separate nowadays.
Plus, I remember hearing that Halo once added a game mode that was a reference to a joke made on Red vs Blue. Strange, isn't it?

I wonder if this is where those rumors of Microsoft buying Rooster Teeth came from...

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I think Chief wouldn't be that difficult to program since he wouldn't show any facial expression.

Do you guys think they would incorporate Halo's announcer voice? If players knock out two enemies within few seconds, Halo announcer says "Double Kill."
It would be cool if they also add Halo medals into mix.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
What are some stage Ideas you have for Chief?

I think that one of the multiplayer maps like Blood Gulch would be good simply because of how iconic some of them are.

Estelle x3 Jonesy x2

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I admit I barely play Halo. But I could see the Energy Sword be great for various tilts that aren't projectile-based. There's lot of good weapons he can use as is, though I only distinctly remember the Needler, which could be a good option for his Jab while doing a Grab. Tons of small damage bits, and would fit its nature of small damage across a long time.

There's a lot of Vehicles as is, including aerial crafts. Maybe one of those could decently work as an Up B, like him either mounting it and moving upwards, or another Spartan giving him a ride with a rope of sorts.

As for taunts, maybe he could talk to Cortana in one of them?

Top Bottom