• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
What are some stage Ideas you have for Chief?

I think that one of the multiplayer maps like Blood Gulch would be good simply because of how iconic some of them are.

Estelle x3 Jonesy x2
Halo itself stretching all the way up in the background should be default. That's for sure.

I admit I barely play Halo. But I could see the Energy Sword be great for various tilts that aren't projectile-based. There's lot of good weapons he can use as is, though I only distinctly remember the Needler, which could be a good option for his Jab while doing a Grab. Tons of small damage bits, and would fit its nature of small damage across a long time.

There's a lot of Vehicles as is, including aerial crafts. Maybe one of those could decently work as an Up B, like him either mounting it and moving upwards, or another Spartan giving him a ride with a rope of sorts.

As for taunts, maybe he could talk to Cortana in one of them?
Needler is one of the most iconic weapons from Halo. So, it's pretty mandatory. It would be like Sephiroth's side b, but more continuous. Unlike Sephiroth's side b, Needler must accumulate certain amount to detonate just like in Halo. Otherwise, needles wouldn't do enough damage to explode.

Two options for aerial vehicle: Banshee and Hornet
Sakurai would choose Banshee as it's the most iconic aerial vehicle in the series.

Cortana taunt is the most suggested taunt among fans iirc. Most likely Cortana showing up as hologram.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Half my ****'s been mentioned so question answering I guess

• What would his stage be?
  • What would his alts be?
  • What would the Halo song list be?
  • What would his Spirit Board be?
For the stage there's a lot of possibilities but the best one would be to opt for the second mission of Combat Evolved, aptly named Halo. This level is a grassy canyon area near some cliffs with a few Forerunner towers dotted about the area with Covenant regularly patrolling the areas in search of marines that crashed on Installation 04.

In particular it would be based on this part of the mission as was reused for Reach's firefight:

You can have Covenant and UNSC have a skirmish in the background all the while showing off the Forerunner aspects of the series. Of course there's also opting for Assault on the Control Room which entails fighting through a snowy canyon to get to Halo's Control Room which could take place just outside of it.

Really there's a wide wide variety to pick from. You can opt for an African Jungle, the streets of New Mombasa, the rebuilding in Old Mombasa, a Flood Infested High Charity, a Covenant Cruiser, New Alexandria during the Fall of Reach, the Pillar of Autumn, two bases at either end of a box canyon, Forward Unto Dawn, the Ur-Didact's ship, the Infinity, Requiem's Core, the Library, Forge World and hundreds more.

With alts it's undoubtedly the Mark VI armour and the Mark V armour. They're the two most iconic armours from the games and the suits Chief is actually depicted in throughout the games. Mark VI is the default because he's worn it since Halo 2 but Mark V is the original set from CE.

In terms of colours I see it as such:
Mark VI
  • Green
  • Red
  • Orange
  • Black
Mark V
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • White

Though with Infinite they're having more fun with armour palettes including a Gundam reference and that's a colour set I'd love to see.

I have a whole list of songs covered already, spoilered for being a sizable list:

For Spirits it's rather simple.

For starters you have each Covenant species, the Grunts, the Jackals, the Elites, the Drones, the Brutes, the Hunters and the Engineers.
Then you'd get specific characters, so you'd have Tartarus, Atriox, Prophets of Regret, Truth and Mercy, Sgt Johnson, Ur-Didact, Cortana and Guilty Spark.
For vehicles there'd be the Grunt Goblin (grunts promote into this) and the Scarab.
For other playable characters there's Locke, Buck, Arbiter and Blue Team.

Those latter two would be Legend class spirits, with Arbiter becoming a Legend class via enhancing him from his Halo 2/3 gear into his Halo 5 appearance which was used as his default look in Killer Instinct. Buck would likewise promote from his ODST gear into his Spartan-IV gear.

Blue Team are the Legend class as they're Chief's team who he's fought alongside for 30+ years since they were kids. It evokes the same sort of styling as the Phantom Thieves and the DQ11 party spirit battles.

There's a part of me that wonders if we can get away with a Red vs. Blue reference with Master Chief...

Nominations: Klonoa xMax
You just need the Blue Mark V alt and you have Caboose.

I think Chief wouldn't be that difficult to program since he wouldn't show any facial expression.

Do you guys think they would incorporate Halo's announcer voice? If players knock out two enemies within few seconds, Halo announcer says "Double Kill."
It would be cool if they also add Halo medals into mix.
Jeff Steitzer is essential, his voice is iconic to the multiplayer and not incorporating him would be a tremendous miss.

Noms:
All on Ichiban

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Do you think Sakurai should call back to Haloid in Chief’s intro trailer and have an epic battle between him and Samus?

On another note, I might be dropping out of discussion for a while for personal reasons. I’ll put them in a spoiler in case anyone cares.

My dog is very sick and not eating and we brought her to the ER last night. They found that she has a mass under her jaw that is possibly cancer but more likely a salivary gland infection that still requires surgery. She’s 14 so she is very old so we are not sure if it is a good idea. Needless to say, it’s been very stressful and hard to get motivated to talk about games at the moment.

Noms:
x10 Gengar

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Assuming Fighter's pass 2 is not the end 99% chance

1 ( Glitch; Projectiles get stuck in characters ) https://twitter.com/Le_Basth/status/1368242856993947651

2 Creative Director For Halo ( Frank O’Connor’s ) Tweet @franklez “( Master Chief is not is Smash DLC. )” on 12/23/2018
2.1 just remove the ( not is ) & this makes a lot more sense. I believe Frank wrote the sentence incorrectly on purpose.
2.2 https://twitter.com/franklez/status/1076911083909132289

3.) ( Brian Jarrard ) 343 Industries Community Director for Halo Tweets @Ske7ch (Chief in Smash when? ;) ) 06/16/2021
https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1405332468664705035 / https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1404831410041409538
3.1 note the “nothing is happening” line occurs a day before on 06/15/2021 the “Chief in Smash when? ;)” line.
3.2. to me all Brian Jarrard is saying is there would be no ( Master Chief in SSBU ) reveal at E3 2021

4 Vergeben noted MC will be in SSBU https://www.reddit.com/user/DasVergeben/comments/o6alh2/update_on_things/

5 Xbox game pass coming to switch https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1394618302475931649

Want score 100%
Halo and Call of Duty were the best shooters of the 2007 to 2013 era

Halo has loads of amazing music + Jeff Steitzer

Master Chief would have an excellent move-set and be tons of fun to play

As for spirits there was this great starter for a spirit board
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkRuC6gtw2/

Also the Didact

Noms 10 for Ahri

amageish

Smash Master
Definitely a no. Halo Infinite was supposed to be the Xbox's big launch title, but then a pandemic happened and now instead it will be one of the big holiday titles (probably). Very much an alive franchise.

Do you think Sakurai should call back to Haloid in Chief’s intro trailer and have an epic battle between him and Samus?

On another note, I might be dropping out of discussion for a while for personal reasons. I’ll put them in a spoiler in case anyone cares.

My dog is very sick and not eating and we brought her to the ER last night. They found that she has a mass under her jaw that is possibly cancer but more likely a salivary gland infection that still requires surgery. She’s 14 so she is very old so we are not sure if it is a good idea. Needless to say, it’s been very stressful and hard to get motivated to talk about games at the moment.

Noms:
x10 Gengar
I think Samus in the trailer makes sense. Heck, maybe go full fake-out with it looking like a Metroid Prime 4 trailer, only reveal it is Chief in Smash instead.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Those sorts of decisions are always very tough... Please, take all the time you need offline to spend with your family and your dog!

Assuming Fighter's pass 2 is not the end 99% chance

1 ( Glitch; Projectiles get stuck in characters ) https://twitter.com/Le_Basth/status/1368242856993947651

2 Creative Director For Halo ( Frank O’Connor’s ) Tweet @franklez “( Master Chief is not is Smash DLC. )” on 12/23/2018
2.1 just remove the ( not is ) & this makes a lot more sense. I believe Frank wrote the sentence incorrectly on purpose.
2.2 https://twitter.com/franklez/status/1076911083909132289

3.) ( Brian Jarrard ) 343 Industries Community Director for Halo Tweets @Ske7ch (Chief in Smash when? ;) ) 06/16/2021
https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1405332468664705035 / https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1404831410041409538
3.1 note the “nothing is happening” line occurs a day before on 06/15/2021 the “Chief in Smash when? ;)” line.
3.2. to me all Brian Jarrard is saying is there would be no ( Master Chief in SSBU ) reveal at E3 2021

4 Vergeben noted MC will be in SSBU https://www.reddit.com/user/DasVergeben/comments/o6alh2/update_on_things/

5 Xbox game pass coming to switch https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1394618302475931649

Want score 100%
Halo and Call of Duty were the best shooters of the 2007 to 2013 era

Halo has loads of amazing music + Jeff Steitzer

Master Chief would have an excellent move-set and be tons of fun to play

As for spirits there was this great starter for a spirit board
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkRuC6gtw2/

Also the Didact

Noms 10 for Ahri
FYI, this isn't RTC. This is just a thread for discussing character concepts, not discussing the actual pragmatic odds of any of them happening.

ZelDan

Smash Master
One thing I think would be really cool for a Halo stage is to have the Halo announcer be a part of it and you could have medals pop up on screenw ehenever you do certain things.

Like, if you were to kill 2 enemies at once or in succession quickly enough you'd hear the announcer go "Double smash!", and then of course "Triple smash!" if you get 3. If you have friendly fire on and accidentally K.O your teammate you'd hear "Betrayal!"

Spree medals would be a thing as well. even specific ones like a sword spree could work if you get 5 kills in a row without dying if you finish them all off with a sword (whether its a character's own sword or a beam sword)

It'd be a neat way to get that Halo feel in the stage.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
I think Samus in the trailer makes sense. Heck, maybe go full fake-out with it looking like a Metroid Prime 4 trailer, only reveal it is Chief in Smash instead.
liked

This is just a thread for discussing character concepts, = Duly noted + does not mean i cannot share why i think he is super likely +
also someone's previous noms confused me quite a bit.

As for this i would have to research and really think over what the most iconic parts would be

One thing I think would be really cool for a Halo stage is to have the Halo announcer Jeff Steitzer be a part of it and you could have medals pop up on screen whenever you do certain things.

Like, if you were to K.O. at once or in succession quickly enough you'd hear Jeff Steitzer go "Double K.O.!", and then of course "Triple K.O.!" if you get 3. If you have friendly fire on and accidentally K.O your teammate you'd hear "Betrayal!"
corrected for K.O.s and Halo's Announcer's name is Jeff Steitzer

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
liked

This is just a thread for discussing character concepts, = Duly noted + does not mean i cannot share why i think he is super likely +

As for this i would have to research and really think over what the most iconic parts would be

corrected for K.O.s and Halo's Announcer's name is Jeff Steitzer
K.O would make more sense probably yeah.

Smash just sounded cooler in my head.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Definitely a no. Halo Infinite was supposed to be the Xbox's big launch title, but then a pandemic happened and now instead it will be one of the big holiday titles (probably). Very much an alive franchise.
well there you go. i do hope the fandoms mellowed out since the old days

or maybe that was just the ones i was at school with?

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
As far as most Ionic goes i would pull as much as possible from Halo 3
reason being it is the best selling Halo game of All time and most beloved in the franchise https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Halo

As for a stage I would try to make a variation of Halo 3's Guardian or Sandbox or The Pit

As for Music as much from Halo 2 and 3 as possible, mostly Halo 3

As for Spirits;

Cortana,

a Brute Chieftan; ideally Tartarus

Sargent Johnson,

343 Guilty Spark

The Arbiter

The Didact

A Hunter

a grunt.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Another question is what the Final Smash would be. On the one hand, I'm thinking the Spartan Laser would be the FS as some super-projectile that blows up anything it touches, but I've seen the Warthog Run being a Final Smash, too. But honestly, a BIG BRAIN Final Smash would involve having fighters being caught in the crossfire of a Spartans VS. Elites skirmish.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Another question is what the Final Smash would be. On the one hand, I'm thinking the Spartan Laser would be the FS as some super-projectile that blows up anything it touches, but I've seen the Warthog Run being a Final Smash, too. But honestly, a BIG BRAIN Final Smash would involve having fighters being caught in the crossfire of a Spartans VS. Elites skirmish.
Spartan Laser followed by Warthog run seems best. But, I would personally add Infinity's MAC blast at the last part, but that may stretch sequence too long.
Another popular choice is "Giving Covenant back their bomb" from Halo 2.
Honestly, Chief's Final Smash is hard to choose.

And another gimmick people keep forgetting is his energy shield. Health regeneration is another defining feature that most shooters adopted after Halo.
If energy shield is to be implemented, how would you guys do it?
He takes less damage with shield on, but with shield depleted, he gets more damage and becomes easier to get knocked back.

1. His energy shield regenerates like in Halo.

2. His energy shield regenerates slower, but can regenerates faster if Chief hits enemy with melee.

3. His energy shield can't regenerate unless Chief hits enemy with melee.

I think 2 would be probably the best. 1 would be pretty broken even on Smash setting.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One idea I like is a shoutout to Halo 2's beginning where Chief gives the Covenant their bomb back and drops it to the fighters

amageish

Smash Master
Sorry I'm late everyone. Uh. Something something cryogenically frozen nom list, I guess? Is that a thematic way of suggesting my lateness?

75+ noms
Aloy - x120
Doomguy - x105
Rivals of Aether rep - x100
Axel Stone - x90
Endo Mamoru - x90
Ichiban - x90
Klonoa - x90
Octoling - x89
Black Mage - x85
Gengar - x85
Velvet Crowe - x80
Estelle Bright - x78

50-75 noms
Shovel Knight - x75
Filia (Skullgirls) - x70
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Heavy - x60
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x55

26-50 noms
Rintarou Okabe - x50
Bubsy - x50
Ryu Hayabusa - x50
Vectorman - x45
2B - x40
Alm - x35
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
Brian - x30
Ori - x30
Tsubasa Oribe - x30
Sly Cooper - x28
Trauma Center Content - x27

11-25 noms
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Toad - x15

5-10 noms
Crypto - x10
Daitoryo - x10
Gunvolt - x10
Darkest Dungeon Content - x10
Jonesy - x7
Carl Johnson - x5
SMT Content - x5
Frogger - x5
Ezio - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Ahri - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Chell - x3

This thread does still have a noms system, a la RTC, to decide who will be discussed when. For more information on that, see the first post. I have taken your post as 5 noms for Ahri though, as you have 5 noms every day by default.

And all chance-related discussion is discouraged in this thread just because it's a big can of worms that can very easily spin off into its own conversation. That hasn't happened here though, so all is well.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
One thing we oughta think about for a bit is the copyrights. On the one hand, Microsoft is already credited, but on the other hand, Minecraft was big enough for Mojang to be credited. Would they add "343 Industries" to the copyrights, too?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
One thing we oughta think about for a bit is the copyrights. On the one hand, Microsoft is already credited, but on the other hand, Minecraft was big enough for Mojang to be credited. Would they add "343 Industries" to the copyrights, too?
I don't think so? I'm not a copyright or IP lawyer, but all of the cases of weird copyright things are ones where characters are either technically owned by a subsidiary (ex/ Mojang and ATLUS) or co-owned with an external partner Nintendo works with to develop games (ex/ The Pokemon Company and Shigesato Itoi). I don't think 343 Industries is at that level, as they just develop the games - it's not like Microsoft needs their permission to use the Halo IP anywhere.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think so? I'm not a copyright or IP lawyer, but all of the cases of weird copyright things are ones where characters are either technically owned by a subsidiary (ex/ Mojang and ATLUS) or co-owned with an external partner Nintendo works with to develop games (ex/ The Pokemon Company and Shigesato Itoi). I don't think 343 Industries is at that level, as they just develop the games - it's not like Microsoft needs their permission to use the Halo IP anywhere.
just double check the copyright notice on the title screen

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Chief probably isnt coming to Smash. I think Steve might be the Microsoft character of this pass. But I really cant think of any character that would be a better capstone for Smash Ultimate.

And believe it or not it's not just because "Master Chief finishes the fighters pass" is a hype tagline. We are talking about a character who represents a genre of games that have mechanics that have yet to be played in Smash. Weapon management, energy shields, aiming and firing. Then you have the weapon sandbox of the Halo series. The arsenals of the UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunners, special equipment, Spartan abilities, etc. And what you get is a character that is a perfect representation of the FPS genre.

Oh and the final Smash should be based off a Warthog Run from the end games of CE and 3.

Alts could be simple recolors or they could go all in with different armor sets. Admittedly those alternate armor sets don't belong to Chief himself. They could based pallets off of other playable protagonists like Noble 6, Arbiter, Locke, etc. My only request is that his main design is based off the Infinite design, no particular reason I just think it looks the best.

Stage options are numerous thanks to the various locales of the campaigns and the multiplayer. I would almost prefer a moving stage that moves across the various biomes of an installation.

Music would be great too. My only disappointment is knowing that Blow Me Away won't be there.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace

Paraster

Smash Lord
I could have sworn we discussed Saber before... (Maybe a different character from the same series, or with the same name?)

Speaking of which, is there some list of all the characters that have been discussed in the past?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
OHHHH LORDY, THE CAN OF WORMS WE 'BOUTTA OPEN TODAY.

The Fate Series is a multimedia franchise that started as a Visual Novel for PC released in 2004 by Kinoko Nasu. When delving into the Fate Series, you'll be bombarded with a lot of **** that fragile little brains can't normally comprehend, from the lore to the magic to how Servants work, it's on par with Kingdom Hearts in the sense that it's more dense than your local bakery's pound cake. Best-worst part? Fate's just ONE part of a whole multiverse made by Nasu, with Tsukihime and Melty Blood being another can of worms altogether. Nowadays, this is just about one of the most successful franchises in Japan and the world, with multiple anime series, countless light novels and manga, several movies, and the mobile game Fate/Grand Order by itself being massive contributors to its success.

Saber is unequivocally one of the bigger faces of the franchise. She's a Servant, a Heroic Spirit summoned by a mage to serve under as their Master. Normally, Servants are summoned to fight in large-scale battles over a large wish-granting cup known as the Holy Grail, but with Fate lore making the Mariana Trench look like a damn kiddie pool in comparison, there are bound to be some exceptions somewhere.

Saber's identity is, believe it or not, King Arthur. Yeah. King Arthur's a chick in this, and while there was some logic behind some genderbends the series is rather infamous for if you dig deep enough (Kenshin Uesugi is a woman because of the rumors how HE was actually a SHE, for example), I for the life of me could not find a reason for Artoria, who we'll be calling her sometimes.

There are more than a few other big candidates like Astolfo or Mash Kyrielight, but let's just focus on Artoria right now. Artoria would be unique in the context of Smash Bros inthe sense that Servants have a different set of Skills that can aid them in battle, such as Mana Burst, which bolsters their capabilities, and Charisma, which can inspire allies on the battlefield. She's also capable of manipulating winds to either conceal her weapon, or give her massive bursts of speed. Then there's her weapon, Excalibur, which is also a special ability called a Noble Phantasm. This would definitely be a Final Smash.

Now I'll cut it off here, since I've only barely scratched the surface of the beast that is Fate content in Smash even after dropping this wall of text, so how about we discuss this together, eh?

Noms:
15x on Doom Slayer
10x on Rintarou Okabe

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I can touch on Artoria in a few hours but there's a lot more to her than you would first think.

Speaking of which, is there some list of all the characters that have been discussed in the past?
This would be much appreciated and I'm surprised it isn't a thing

Noms:
Ichiban x 15
God Eater rep x 10

cashregister9

Smash Hero
OHhh, Saber is in my top 3 most wanted characters ATM

Time to repost what I said in the RTC thread

Fate itself has so much character and is just a fun franchise. I think the chance of a character higher than I think due to how much a phenomenon Fate is, It was the most talked about game on Twitter in 2019 and has had so many damn crossovers and promotions that it has become this multimedia powerhouse in Japan (Take a look at this video about how much merchandise and events there are are related to fate Warning: suggestive themes and some light swearing), and it's not like the series is unpopular in the west either, Although it's mostly with the anime.

I even made a spirit board a while ago

fateboardalt.png

fateboardalt2.png

Sakura Would Evolve Into Shirou Would Evolve Into

Estelle x5
Jonesy x5

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
OHhh, Saber is in my top 3 most wanted characters ATM

Time to repost what I said in the RTC thread

Fate itself has so much character and is just a fun franchise. I think the chance of a character higher than I think due to how much a phenomenon Fate is, It was the most talked about game on Twitter in 2019 and has had so many damn crossovers and promotions that it has become this multimedia powerhouse in Japan (Take a look at this video about how much merchandise and events there are are related to fate Warning: suggestive themes and some light swearing), and it's not like the series is unpopular in the west either, Although it's mostly with the anime.

I even made a spirit board a while ago

fateboardalt.png

fateboardalt2.png

Sakura Would Evolve Into Shirou Would Evolve Into

Estelle x5
Jonesy x5
...you damn madman. You had the balls to imply Galeem would be able to turn GUDAKO into a Spirit. I dunno what would be scarier: the idea that the biggest gremlin in Fate history was potentially annihilated in the World of Light intro, or the idea of Gudako trying to spread her gacha-driven lunacy through the Smash universe.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have a question. It's been a while since I saw Fate, but one thing I remember are command seals which let Servants do something either impossible or force them to do something against their will. The question is how can this work? I can easily imagine it being a 3 times per match move but what exactly the effect would be is what I struggle to come up with, it seems like a no brainer to add some massive moves or something behind them and that can be a gimmick to sell people on

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Artoria is the most significant Servant in the entire series, she's the original Saber and as such, there's a trend in the art called "Saber-face" where several characters share the same face as Artoria. Additionally, she has an absurd amount of alternate servant forms.

There's:
  • Lancer
  • Lancer Alter
  • Lion King
  • Lostbelt
  • Prototype
  • Mysterious Heroine X
  • MHX Alter
  • MHXX
  • Saber Lion
  • Galactica
  • Plus seasonal stuff and probably more

This provides a ton of alt material to work with, though base Saber herself also has several different costumes including her Black Suit from Zero, her casual attire from the Stay Night entries, a Maid outfit, a swimsuit, the Lapis Lazuli Dress from Extella Link and of course, each iteration has ascensions that can change how she looks. Some are minor alterations like adding more armour or a cape, others are more extreme cases where armour is stripped away for more revealing outfits (Lancers and MHXX in particular) or jackets and more gear are added (MHX Alter and Lostbelt).

Could she use the abilities of other Sabers?
In short, no.
In length, each servant draws from their original basis. Artoria draws heavily from King Arthur, it'd be awkward to see her do any of Nero's (Red Saber) attacks or Noble Phantasm or Mordred's Clarent Blood Arthur just to name a few examples, each servant has what was on them when they originally died. This also means that the default Artoria wouldn't be able to access all the tools that her various alternate selves use though if necessary, Smash could take liberties, but such a scenario is in fact, not necessary.

Artoria's final smash is extremely self explanatory and pretty damn hype, it would be her second Noble Phantasm, Excalibur.

I'll also take a second to recommend people check out Extella Link, it's a Musou style game on the Switch, PS4 and Steam but you will have to unlock Artoria which is a fair way in. It's a fun game and one of the better Musou style games. If you want to push buttons and do cool stuff with little thought behind it then this is an excellent choice

I have a question. It's been a while since I saw Fate, but one thing I remember are command seals which let Servants do something either impossible or force them to do something against their will. The question is how can this work? I can easily imagine it being a 3 times per match move but what exactly the effect would be is what I struggle to come up with, it seems like a no brainer to add some massive moves or something behind them and that can be a gimmick to sell people on
Command Seals are exceptionally powerful so any buffs they provide should reflect that in conjunction with the limit of three uses.
One such example could be to grant Saber her Final Smash, even if the settings are off. Another could be providing a huge heal of sorts or immediately teleport her back to the middle of the stage if she hits the KO boundary.

Some Fate games also make some Command Spells cost more than one part of the Seal so they could also have stronger commands cost more in Smash. Is it worth spending two Command Seals on an easy recovery for example? You don't get another recovery like that, but it also costs you an extra use that could have gone towards a buff too. It could well be better to lose the stock and use a Command Spell on a buff to level the field again or push an advantage, you could instead have an easy finish. Conversely that Noble Phantasm is gonna cost you your neutral special and the Final Smash state can be beaten out of you. Just some loose ideas.

Command Seals would be a fun bit of meta, it implies the player is Saber's master as opposed to having Shirou run about in the background.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
what is this game?
It originally a visual novel but later branch out into other media, Fate/Stay Night, the first game and the origin of Artoria has been adapated in multiple medium the famous one being the anime which cover every route of the original VN (except for the normal route, we don't talk about that).

Say, this is something I've been pondering for a long time. What would the series symbol for Fate be?

And also, with the exception of Stay Night, Extra and Grand Order aren't everyone 4th party? This pretty different situation compare to Advent Children and Pokemon Anime as most of them originating from that media, kinda like Sally Acorn from SATAM or Archie and wouldn't be a reocurring character in the video game unlike Lucario with the exception of Apocrypha and Zero appearing in Extra and then Grand Order.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’ve only watched the first season of the anime and have no knowledge of anything else about Fate. I will say that I found it pretty hilarious that the main character was in a romantic relationship with King Arthur and had to do some questionable things to “recharge”. Not exactly my thing but I can see why people would find the story amusing.

What are some good songs you would like to see make it in with Saber?

An update on my personal reasons for slowing activity in this thread:

We brought our dog to the ER and she was given antibiotics. They have been working surprisingly well and she is almost completely better. They did say it is very likely to come back without surgery but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. Like I mentioned earlier, she is already well past the average life expectancy for her breed and we don’t know if we want to put her through that if she doesn’t have much time left either way. We just want her to be as happy and comfortable with the time she does have.

x10 Gengar

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
How are we gonna address the elephant in the room? The one about the first game having... mature elements? Because every time we talk Saber on RTC, that's always brought up. ALWAYS.

Nominations: Klonoa x10

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
How are we gonna address the elephant in the room? The one about the first game having... mature elements? Because every time we talk Saber on RTC, that's always brought up. ALWAYS.

Nominations: Klonoa x10
If I'm being cynical I would pretty much says that they just click Wikipedia/Fandom sees the word "eroge" and go full bananas like a berserker class, the major flaw is that they never stated that the series have been straying far far away from that market, this feels like a concerned mom seeing their child playing games with high rating and immediately accuse them for their child bad influence.

Top Bottom