• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Thankfully, there is some music in the game that SHOULD be allowed. Though if worst comes to worst, CyGames can pull an SNK and allow songs from their other games. Don't worry, their games crossover a lot, it would work.

Euden's main gimmick would be his ability to turn into a Dragon, most likely Midgardsormr were he to come to Smash. Think Pyra's gimmick, except the two play nothing alike.

Euden's Gala alt is a must have, especially since it actually appears in the main story. If they wanted to, they could also give him his Summer, Halloween, and New Year's outfits, though those aren't as likely.

Well, unlike Corrin, Midgardsormr would more-or-less be a seperate character from Euden. A 2-in-1 fighter, essentially. He'd be much bigger, being a Dragon and all, and would have Wind-based attacks as opposed to Euden's Flame-based attacks.
That sounds really cool. So he would likely be a transformation character instead of temporary transformations for certain attacks like Corrin. He already sounds like a fun character knowing only that much.

I just looked up Midgardsomr on Google and I’m really liking his design as well.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Ay, finally a mobile game character now this is where I'm excellent at, granted I don't play Dragalia since my phone doesn't have enough storage to contain those 3D models. But anyway for Euden's recolor it would be cool if it's based on his several of his beta design

Also, I just realized that Midgardsormr has a humanoid form?! Someone need to explain this to me lol considering this also question Euden's transformation gimmick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wasted a year of my gaming life on dragalia so I’m pretty qualified for this one.
Ay, finally a mobile game character now this is where I'm excellent at, granted I don't play Dragalia since my phone doesn't have enough storage to contain those 3D models. But anyway for Euden's recolor it would be cool if it's based on his several of his beta design

Also, I just realized that Midgardsormr has a humanoid form?! Someone need to explain this to me lol considering this also question Euden's transformation gimmick.
They’ve been adding humanoid forms of the main dragons as adventurers recently. This would have no impact on Euden’s moveset since he still shapeshifts into a dragon, not a dragon’s human form.
What could Euden's stage be?

Masked Man X10 (I did the How to Buy for Isaac, I should get those extra 5 noms)
Probably the main castle hub area, the Halidom.
84C8D1A9-488E-47A9-8906-410BB76B14BC.jpeg

Hey, a character I know basically nothing about! Kinda hope to see those more often.

So, I hear this guy can turn into a dragon. I'm a dragon enthusiast, but Corrin's partial transformation thing doesn't do it for me. Tell me a little more about how this dragon thing could work?
Sure! The way Dragalia works is you play as a human character, and over the course of battle you build up a dragon gauge. When charged you can shapeshift into a dragon at will, which is generally larger with a more simplified moveset. Dragon form ends after time runs out or you take enough damage since the timer replaces your health.

As for a moveset, he’d have something like Blazing Circlet for neutral special (grounded link up b but fills dragon gauge), Exalted Fire as a recovery move (jump -> sends fire slash projectile forward), Rising Circlet as a down special (creates a buff zone where Euden is stronger while inside), and Exalted Glory for a side special (slight stat increase on hit in front of him). Once his dragon gauge fills he’d turn into Midgardsormr and play with only a few moves but be very powerful, yet susceptible to combos to end his transformation. Final Smash would likely be a shapeshift into Elysium, one of the strongest dragons in the lore iirc.

Haven’t played Dragalia in almost a year now so a lot of my knowledge is outdated but most of this should still stand.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
So this is going to be an odd question, but... does Midgardsormr stand quadrupedally? I only ask because that's the "typical" dragon look, but we don't have a character like that in Smash currently, which I think is a shame.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I wasted a year of my gaming life on dragalia so I’m pretty qualified for this one.

They’ve been adding humanoid forms of the main dragons as adventurers recently. This would have no impact on Euden’s moveset since he still shapeshifts into a dragon, not a dragon’s human form.

View attachment 316343

Sure! The way Dragalia works is you play as a human character, and over the course of battle you build up a dragon gauge. When charged you can shapeshift into a dragon at will, which is generally larger with a more simplified moveset. Dragon form ends after time runs out or you take enough damage since the timer replaces your health.

As for a moveset, he’d have something like Blazing Circlet for neutral special (grounded link up b but fills dragon gauge), Exalted Fire as a recovery move (jump -> sends fire slash projectile forward), Rising Circlet as a down special (creates a buff zone where Euden is stronger while inside), and Exalted Glory for a side special (slight stat increase on hit in front of him). Once his dragon gauge fills he’d turn into Midgardsormr and play with only a few moves but be very powerful, yet susceptible to combos to end his transformation. Final Smash would likely be a shapeshift into Elysium, one of the strongest dragons in the lore iirc.

Haven’t played Dragalia in almost a year now so a lot of my knowledge is outdated but most of this should still stand.
I know you mentioned you hadn't played in almost a year, but I feel I should make one slight correction: due to what has been revealed as of late, I doubt Euden would transform into Elysium for his Final Smash.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Actually my question is the opposite, considering Human Mid existed (which probably can turn back I would assume, tell me if I'm wrong because it would be embarrassing to ask this twice) and Eud turn into the dragon form. I know that this kind of thing is usually a filler that probably didn't impact much on the lore and probably just a side story or a flashback of hundreds of years ago (kinda like those Halloween and summer version of those character). Again I don't know anything about Drag and I somehow felt more enthusiastic asking than any other previous character.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Aw, yeah! This is happenin‘!

Just not that I’m typing this on an iPad, and I come up with what I do on kind of a whim.
Unlike Corrin, Euden can fully transform into a dragon, but he can’t just do it whenever he wants. He has to fill his Dragon Gauge first, and he can’t back out of the transformation whenever he wants. He has to wait until the gauge fully runs out before he turns back.

Here’s Source Gaming‘s interpretation of how Euden could work.
Euden
  1. Euden (default)
  2. Notte (pink)
  3. Zethia (blue)
  4. Cleo (purple)
  5. Elisanne (turquoise)
  6. Luca (cyan)
  7. Ranzal (yellow)
  8. Mym (red)
Midgardsormr
  1. Midgardsormr (default)
  2. Brunhilda (red)
  3. Mercury (blue)
  4. Jupiter (yellow)
  5. Fanrir Roy III (gold)
  6. Zodiark (purple)
…I’m stumped on the other two lol
The Halidom; or, more specifically, the are where you build a castle and talk to your dragon(s).
  1. Euden (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Midgardsormr (Fighter Spirit)
  3. Zethia
  4. Cleo
  5. Elisanne
  6. Alex
  7. Luca
  8. Ranzal
  9. Mym -> Brunhilda
  10. Emile
  11. Zodiark
The soundtrack for Dragalia Lost pulls from the library of the singer DAOKO, so whether or not Sakurai can get music from the game remains to be seen.
Because of reasons, Dragalia Lost is only available in the UK and nowhere else in Europe. I think a good way to work around this is with a Switch version of the game. It’d probably have to be overhauled, but I think it9s at least worth a shot.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

View attachment 316343

I’m curious about something here. If Euden is the one that shapeshifts into the dragons, how is it possible that they have their own humanoid form? Would this still be Euden, just as a partial transformation instead of turning into a dragon completely?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Actually my question is the opposite, considering Human Mid existed (which probably can turn back I would assume, tell me if I'm wrong because it would be embarrassing to ask this twice) and Eud turn into the dragon form. I know that this kind of thing is usually a filler that probably didn't impact much on the lore and probably just a side story or an AU (kinda like those Halloween and summer version of those character). Again I don't know anything about Drag and I somehow felt more enthusiastic than any other previous character.
It may be a bit complicated, but basically the Greatwyrms (some of the most important and powerful Dragons in the game's lore) have the ability to turn into human forms if they so choose. Brunhilda straight up uses her human form (Mym) more than her Dragon form, for example. Humanoid Midgardsormr is Midgardsormr's form during his time with Alberius, as shown in the Dawn of Dragalia event. Mercury also has a Humanoid form, and Jupiter has been teased to have one as well.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Wait a minute, Midgardsormr is an actual separate individual? Euden can just turn into, like, another dude? How does that work?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oh, BOY, I've got a lot to say about Dragalia Lost.

Being a Day 1 player, Dragalia Lost is a mobile game that sets itself apart from a lot of others for the most part. There's a whole plethora of content to pick from, Euden himself has loads of moveset potential, and despite not appearing on Nintendo platforms, it's still a first-party video game by virtue of co-development.

Now Nintendo could pull a Pyra/Mythra on us and put, I dunno, Notte in the game, but that's another convo for another time.

As for how to set him apart from other swordfighters, I feel like there's another thing aside from Dragons that could further bolster his uniqueness: teams. In Dragalia Lost, you form a team of 4 characters to swap between. This could be done by giving Euden an assist mechanic along the lines of how Ginyu majorly works in DBFZ. One of his Specials could be a move similar to Duck Hunt's Wild Gunman that allows Euden to summon one of a number of allies (for the sake of the game performance, we'll stick with Story characters), each having their own unique skills. For example, Elisanne, who is a holy warrior known as a Paladyn, can bolster Euden's defense, while Ranzal, a mercenary, can use a Flame Nova-style attack that catches opponents and knocks them away. They cycle between one another so you know who you're using next.

Noms:
Chosen Undead x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually my question is the opposite, considering Human Mid existed (which probably can turn back I would assume, tell me if I'm wrong because it would be embarrassing to ask this twice) and Eud turn into the dragon form. I know that this kind of thing is usually a filler that probably didn't impact much on the lore and probably just a side story or a flashback of hundreds of years ago (kinda like those Halloween and summer version of those character). Again I don't know anything about Drag and I somehow felt more enthusiastic asking than any other previous character.
I’m curious about something here. If Euden is the one that shapeshifts into the dragons, how is it possible that they have their own humanoid form? Would this still be Euden, just as a partial transformation instead of turning into a dragon completely?
Dragons and humans in Dragalia coexist. So Euden and Midgardsormr can just stand next to each other and talk. Midgardsormr is just a different guy. Euden forms pacts with dragons, and they lend him their strength by letting him shapeshift into them as they become one. When they’re separated though? Midgardsormr can just turn into a human if he feels like it because anime and magic and stuff.

Euden cannot do partial dragon transformations because he is not a dragon himself. He’s just a guy who can become one with them with their permission. Dragons can assume a human form if they’re proficient at that kind of transformation, but it’s really just a way to sell more characters in the gacha.

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Wait a minute, Midgardsormr is an actual separate individual? Euden can just turn into, like, another dude? How does that work?
Same as Ultraman, I'd presume. Just without the transformation devices and the big guy accidentally running over the little guy to save their life (It's a long story).

Gengar84

Smash Hero
So since it looks like Euden can only transform by filling a gauge (possibly like Trances in Final Fantasy IX?), do you think he would have a typical transformation like Pokémon Trainer or Pyra/Mythra or would it be closer to Joker and Arsene as a temporary powered up form that you can’t control when he transforms?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So since it looks like Euden can only transform by filling a gauge (possibly like Trances in Final Fantasy IX?), do you think he would have a typical transformation like Pokémon Trainer or Pyra/Mythra or would it be closer to Joker and Arsene as a temporary powered up form that you can’t control when he transforms?
I think it'd be a blend of both Pyra/Mythra & Joker: the latter being that it can be filled over time like the Rebellion Gauge, the former being it's a transformation you can access on command.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Wait, where's the Imperial? I remember putting all my points for that character's nomination.

Edit: If the Imperial isn't eligible, then do I get to keep my points?
Excuse me, can you please answer the last question I made to you:

Oh wait, were you offline after you posted the noms? Then nevermind; I can wait longer.
Hi! Yes, I have been offline since making that post. Sorry I missed your original post...

Imperial is not eligible due to not having a support thread, but you're free to make a thread if you'd like? The Highlander and Protector are alternative EO options that currently do have threads. Otherwise, lemme know what you'd like to do with the noms.

Ah, right, I missed that. You get 5 extra noms as well.
I also asked a question about spirits, but phrased it in an obtuse way as I guess I thought I was being clever and not just annoying.

I'll try to be more careful today; I don't want any posts to get... Dragalia Lost in the shuffle! 🥁

Because of reasons, Dragalia Lost is only available in the UL and nowhere else in Europe. I think a good way to work around this is with a Switch version of the game. It’d probably have to be overhauled, but I think it9s at least worth a shot.
That'd be really interesting to see! I do generally like when mobile gachas get gacha-less spin-offs on console and it'd be neat to see the first couple years of DL's story turned into a budget Switch game...

Euden cannot do partial dragon transformations because he is not a dragon himself. He’s just a guy who can become one with them with their permission. Dragons can assume a human form if they’re proficient at that kind of transformation, but it’s really just a way to sell more characters in the gacha.
This just seems so polite! "Excuse me good sir, would you let me become you for a quick few moments?"

How do people feel about incorporating an element of chance into the moveset? I always have liked the idea of a gacha character having a chance-based Final Smash, with chance deciding at what damage precentage threshold it will instantly KO opponents between a few options, as that includes some gacha elements while not having them be in the parts of the moveset most competitive players will be using/caring-about...

Noms: Farmer x 10

GolisoPower

Smash Master
That'd be really interesting to see! I do generally like when mobile gachas get gacha-less spin-offs on console and it'd be neat to see the first couple years of DL's story turned into a budget Switch game...
I mean, it wouldn't be the first time CyGames made an attempt at an expanded-upon port of one of their games. GranBlue Fantasy Re:Link isn't out yet, but from what I could gather, it's like a bigger version of that.

Something like Dragalia Lost: Greater Pact for Switch would most certainly be a work-around for EU laws.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hi! Yes, I have been offline since making that post. Sorry I missed your original post...

Imperial is not eligible due to not having a support thread, but you're free to make a thread if you'd like? The Highlander and Protector are alternative EO options that currently do have threads. Otherwise, lemme know what you'd like to do with the noms.

I also asked a question about spirits, but phrased it in an obtuse way as I guess I thought I was being clever and not just annoying.

I'll try to be more careful today; I don't want any posts to get... Dragalia Lost in the shuffle! 🥁

This just seems so polite! "Excuse me good sir, would you let me become you for a quick few moments?"

How do people feel about incorporating an element of chance into the moveset? I always have liked the idea of a gacha character having a chance-based Final Smash, with chance deciding at what damage precentage threshold it will instantly KO opponents between a few options, as that includes some gacha elements while not having them be in the parts of the moveset most competitive players will be using/caring-about...

Noms: Farmer x 10
I don't know if that kind of gimmick would work for somebody like Euden. I guess maybe a random Dragon he can turn into for his Final Smash? But that might be too much work for the devs, so they'd probably use High Midgardsormr or something.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I've been thinking of a gacha fighter who can summon random characters for one of their specials. Basically, Zelda's Phantom, mixed with Hero's RNG. Since Euden's a gacha character, I think he could fit. Though, there's already the dragon mechanic, so that might feel a bit cluttered.

On a side note, is their any other Dragalia characters you could see/would like in Smash aside from Euden? I hear Mym's pretty popular, and I'm wondering if a solo Midgardsormr could work. I also hear Notte's become playable recently, too...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I've been thinking of a gacha fighter who can summon random characters for one of their specials. Basically, Zelda's Phantom, mixed with Hero's RNG. Since Euden's a gacha character, I think he could fit. Though, there's already the dragon mechanic, so that might feel a bit cluttered.

On a side note, is their any other Dragalia characters you could see/would like in Smash aside from Euden? I hear Mym's pretty popular, and I'm wondering if a solo Midgardsormr could work. I also hear Notte's become playable recently, too...
Honestly, Notte's pretty unique enough, and she's effectively the Pikachu of Dragalia Lost in the sense that she's the mascot. Being a fairy is a unique aesthetic in Smash, her being a Dagger adventurer would add to a niche of fighters only Joker covers, and she has a Metamorphosis mechanic that could play into a real fun stance mechanic.

Technomage

Smash Champion

Well, does the support thread I created (as can be seen in my sig) qualify? Would I be allowed to nominate a "General Etrian Odyssey Discussion"?

Anyways, earlier today, I put 20 points toward Freddy Fazbear.

amageish

Smash Master
I mean, it wouldn't be the first time CyGames made an attempt at an expanded-upon port of one of their games. GranBlue Fantasy Re:Link isn't out yet, but from what I could gather, it's like a bigger version of that.

Something like Dragalia Lost: Greater Pact for Switch would most certainly be a work-around for EU laws.
True! I was thinking about things like the console Puzzles and Dragons games, but it's good to know CyGames has done it before too...

That'd be a cool way to do a FEH summoner, if that'd also be basically trying to min-max the most possible salt from all sides of the fandom! I don't know if it'd be 100% proper to have Euden summoning other characters like that, but it'd probably be possible too.

I'm not a DL expert (really just due to my phone storage, which has room for one FEH and that is it in terms of games), but I don't think it'd be well-represented with just one dragon instead of someone turning into a dragon.

Also I'd like to see Noelle. She doesn't have the story presence or role to merit inclusion, but I like her gimmick.😅

Well, does the support thread I created (as can be seen in my sig) qualify? Would I be allowed to nominate a "General Etrian Odyssey Discussion"?

Anyways, earlier today, I put 20 points toward Freddy Fazbear.
It would! Sorry, I was checking the Support Thread Directory to see if things have threads. Feel free to post about threads you run there to increase their visibility!

Technomage

Smash Champion
True! I was thinking about things like the console Puzzles and Dragons games, but it's good to know CyGames has done it before too...

That'd be a cool way to do a FEH summoner, if that'd also be basically trying to min-max the most possible salt from all sides of the fandom! I don't know if it'd be 100% proper to have Euden summoning other characters like that, but it'd probably be possible too.

I'm not a DL expert (really just due to my phone storage, which has room for one FEH and that is it in terms of games), but I don't think it'd be well-represented with just one dragon instead of someone turning into a dragon.

Also I'd like to see Noelle. She doesn't have the story presence or role to merit inclusion, but I like her gimmick.😅

It would! Sorry, I was checking the Support Thread Directory to see if things have threads. Feel free to post about threads you run there to increase their visibility!
Thanks; posted it to the Directory's thread.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Here's a couple good questions:

1) What would his tagline be?
2) How would a potential trailer play out?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

1) I don't know, though I imagine he and Midgardsormr would each get a tagline, Pyra/Mythra style...

2) It may be considered underwhelming, but I'd be into a trailer that recreates the summoning animation sequence with some Smash-y flair. Have a handful of Smash characters go on a quest to find the Summoning area and then they pull out a Smash invite which they use in place of the summoning vouchers to do some... summoning.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

1. Maybe something like "Euden Shifts the Tide!" Though I'm not good at taglines...
2. I don't know why, but I want a scene where Euden is fighting Pyra, who then shifts into Mythra. Then Euden goes, "I can do that, too!", and that's how Midgardsormr is introduced. Also a reference to the crossovers with Fire Emblem, Mega Man, Monster Hunter, and Persona 5.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Do you think there is any way to incoropoate Euden’s other dragon transformations into his moveset or would that probably make him overly complicated? I’m not sure how differently the other dragons would play from Midgardsomr.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Do you think there is any way to incoropoate Euden’s other dragon transformations into his moveset or would that probably make him overly complicated? I’m not sure how differently the other dragons would play from Midgardsomr.
Maybe adding a third character to the mix (like with Pokemon Trainer) could be possible; I don't know about adding a fourth one or anymore, since memory space and processing power are finite, after all.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Noms: Neku x5

I actually almost gave Dragalia a try a month or two ago, but my phone didn't have enough space to download the full game.

What would a Dragalia Lost's requisite Legend spirit be, and what would it have for a unique skill?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It would be a situation like Joker, You could feasibly do it, and it would represent it better, but it would make the moveset lose focus and makes it more complicated.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master

I actually almost gave Dragalia a try a month or two ago, but my phone didn't have enough space to download the full game.

What would a Dragalia Lost's requisite Legend spirit be, and what would it have for a unique skill?
Morsayati (The Other) is the first one that comes to mind when I think of a Legend Spirit, and I could imagine them having Effect Immunity to reflect his No-Element nature.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Zethia could probably be the Legend Spirit due to how important she is to the plot. Don't know what her ability would be, though. Maybe some kind of healing affect?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

My first thought would be High Midgardsormr, being a supercharged version of the mascot dragon. I haven't played it, though, so perhaps I'm not the best person to answer this question.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Euden would be a pretty neat pick. As a lot of people have said, his moveset would probably involve transforming into Midgardsormr. If they wanted to replicate how it works in Dragalia Lost, the meter would probably be a mix of Rebellion Gauge and Limit -- like the Rebellion Gauge in the sense that it charges up as you hit & take hits, but like Limit in that you manually activate the transformation once it's full, rather than Arsene just crashing the party the moment the meter fills up. I'd be interested to see how Euden & Midgardsormr would be balanced. Depending on how good they make Midgardsormr, I could imagine there being some matchups where staying Euden is the optimal play.

Spirit-wise, the rest of Euden's crew could easily be a big chunk of his Spirit Board -- Ranzal, Elisanne, Mym, Luca, Alex, Laxi, Midgardsormr, and Zethia (and if they don't care about Ch.5 spoilers they could make the Zethia spirit enhance into Empress Zethia). They could also make individual spirits for Euden's siblings, but I could also see them putting all of his siblings together for the Legend spirit, kind of like the Phantom Thieves or Hero's Comrades spirits.

But one thing I'd really love to see with Euden's challenger pack is great music. Most of Dragalia Lost's limited-time events have a vocal track as their main theme, and a ton of them are bangers (although I wonder how hard the licensing would be with those). Some example tracks and the events they come from are:
Aside from the event tracks, there are also a handful of standard tracks that could work well, either as-is or as a remix, such as:
Even if the licensing for the vocal tracks could be hard to get ahold of, there are definitely other options, either by choosing instrumental versions of tracks or going with some of the other non-vocal battle themes. Any Dragalia songs you particularly want to see?

Noms: 2B x5

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Euden would be a pretty neat pick. As a lot of people have said, his moveset would probably involve transforming into Midgardsormr. If they wanted to replicate how it works in Dragalia Lost, the meter would probably be a mix of Rebellion Gauge and Limit -- like the Rebellion Gauge in the sense that it charges up as you hit & take hits, but like Limit in that you manually activate the transformation once it's full, rather than Arsene just crashing the party the moment the meter fills up. I'd be interested to see how Euden & Midgardsormr would be balanced. Depending on how good they make Midgardsormr, I could imagine there being some matchups where staying Euden is the optimal play.

Spirit-wise, the rest of Euden's crew could easily be a big chunk of his Spirit Board -- Ranzal, Elisanne, Mym, Luca, Alex, Laxi, Midgardsormr, and Zethia (and if they don't care about Ch.5 spoilers they could make the Zethia spirit enhance into Empress Zethia). They could also make individual spirits for Euden's siblings, but I could also see them putting all of his siblings together for the Legend spirit, kind of like the Phantom Thieves or Hero's Comrades spirits.

But one thing I'd really love to see with Euden's challenger pack is great music. Most of Dragalia Lost's limited-time events have a vocal track as their main theme, and a ton of them are bangers (although I wonder how hard the licensing would be with those). Some example tracks and the events they come from are:
Aside from the event tracks, there are also a handful of standard tracks that could work well, either as-is or as a remix, such as:
Even if the licensing for the vocal tracks could be hard to get ahold of, there are definitely other options, either by choosing instrumental versions of tracks or going with some of the other non-vocal battle themes. Any Dragalia songs you particularly want to see?

Noms: 2B x5
Give me Force Your Way or give me DEATH!

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Okay I think I know how nominations work now, or at least I hope I do lol. Assuming I still have those bonus 15 noms, I'll put 5 towards Amaterasu and 10 to Black Mage from Final Fantasy.

On the topic of Euden though, lemme just say that I like this Smashboards community a lot for the simple fact that no one is immediately writing off a mobile game fighter for just being from a mobile game. It's an attitude I've seen a lot on other forums or Twitter. It's 2021 and people still think video games aren't real if they're on your phone. That botched Diablo presentation from 2018 really set us back years. So yeah y'all are cool.

As for an actual relevant question, it's said that Euden would stand out from the other heehee haha Anime Swordfighters because he can turn into a dragon. I agree that that's pretty unique even with Corrin already a thing, but what about his human form? Whether it's a Pythra situation where he switches between the two at will or some sort of enhanced state like Joker and Arsene, he still needs a moveset for his standard human form. What would make him a unique fighter in that base form specifically? I know he can light his sword on fire, but y'know he wouldn't be the first in this game.

Top Bottom