• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

Technomage

Smash Champion
League of Legends is yet another game that I haven’t had the chance to play but I love the character designs. Pretty much every character is really cool in their own way so you can’t really go wrong no matter what character you go with. Personally, I’m a fan of the less humanoid champions and I think they would offer the most variety from the rest of the Smash cast. I’d love if either Kha’Zix or Nocturne somehow made it in since they are my two favorites.

My first question is who would everyone like to see if we did end up with a LoL character?

x20 Magus (Chrono Trigger)
I don't know or care much about LoL, but I do agree with the less human/humanoid characters.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
This is Kha’Zix. It is my favorite of all the character designs from LoL. I think Smash could use an insect character since we don’t have any yet.

1621961609108.jpeg

This one is Nocturne, who is my second favorite character. We don’t really have a ghost yet either and Nocturne is awesome looking with its bladed arms.

1621961733734.jpeg

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
So, who's the best representation for LoL? I've seen people pointing at Ahri simply because.. well, idk why she became popular? But I've heard that the answer is different for someone who is familiar with the series

Technomage

Smash Champion
This is Kha’Zix. It is my favorite of all the character designs from LoL. I think Smash could use an insect character since we don’t have any yet.

View attachment 316461
Yeah, totally; I made a challenge long ago about selecting what insect character to add to Smash, since the series doesn't have any of those. :D

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
First let’s start with the inevitable question - will it be an ARMS Style guessing game if they have to tease who it is?

and who would be the most likely choice? My guess is any of: Ahri, Yasuo, Miss Fortune, Jinx, Lux, Teemo, Ekko, Akali, Braum, or Seraphine.
Ps. Evelynn doesn’t even so much as get a Spirit cuz she’s not for good boys and girls.

nominating: Elma x10

Gengar84

Smash Hero
League of Legends is famous for having a wide variety of skins for all their characters. Do you think they will give whoever is chosen a different outfit for each slot or would they likely just pick one alt and have color variations of it and the primary outfit?

Technomage

Smash Champion
League of Legends is famous for having a wide variety of skins for all their characters. Do you think they will give whoever is chosen a different outfit for each slot or would they likely just pick one alt and have color variations of it and the primary outfit?
Maybe we could get different outfits if Sakurai were to port the models and skins over to Smash?

She’s one of the most hated champions along with Teemo and Yasuo

personally I think Mordekaiser is WAY worse I literally rage when pitted against him
Also, why's Seraphine hated?

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I'm not really too familiar with LoL specifically but I have experience playing MOBA and it seems pretty popular in asian country specifically China and Korea. Speaking of popularity, what makes LoL special and "deserve" a representation?
From outsider perspective it might be because of her twitter account that Riot made as a promotion and make her a digital influencer, kinda like Vtuber but it seems the person behind the account seems to take the job too seriously and pour her experience to Seraphine herself and some personal struggle which resulted in the fanbase thought that it's a manipulation.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Maybe we could get different outfits if Sakurai were to port the models and skins over to Smash?

Are League of Legends models up to par with Smash models to just port them over? I imagine their models from LoL are much lower poly since you only really see them from far away in the game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I kinda want this tbh, it would be faithful to the spirit of League and you wouldn’t have to pay extra for them!

plus I NEED my K/DA and Star Guardian skins if it’s Ahri

SPEAKING OF; the music. Would they include the music video music they’re famous for, even if it’s just instrumentals?

idk who performs As We Fall (the Varus theme) so licensing that shouldn’t be much trouble. The K/DA, True Damage, and probably also Pentakill songs will need instrumentals. And Seraphine’s songs too

also RIP DJ Sona - The Crystal Method? HAHAHA Sakurai will need to sell his kidneys AND his entire team’s kidneys to afford that

SharkLord

Smash Hero
League of Legends is yet another game that I haven’t had the chance to play but I love the character designs. Pretty much every character is really cool in their own way so you can’t really go wrong no matter what character you go with. Personally, I’m a fan of the less humanoid champions and I think they would offer the most variety from the rest of the Smash cast. I’d love if either Kha’Zix or Nocturne somehow made it in since they are my two favorites.

My first question is who would everyone like to see if we did end up with a LoL character?

x20 Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Gonna have to go with Ahri for being the only champion I could really recognize for a good while, and one of the few I really have memorized even now

Technomage

Smash Champion
Are League of Legends models up to par with Smash models to just port them over? I imagine their models from LoL are much lower poly since you only really see them from far away in the game.
Well, how hard would it be to enhance them after porting them into Smash?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also, the spirit board. Who all will be on it? Any evolving spirits? I imagine we’d get Baron Nashor as a Legendary

Pillow

Smash Lord
Ah, League of Legends. A game I’m very familiar with and want nowhere near Smash. I’ll try my best to stay objective though.

First let’s start with the inevitable question - will it be an ARMS Style guessing game if they have to tease who it is?

and who would be the most likely choice? My guess is any of: Ahri, Yasuo, Miss Fortune, Jinx, Lux, Teemo, Ekko, Akali, Braum, or Seraphine.
Ps. Evelynn doesn’t even so much as get a Spirit cuz she’s not for good boys and girls.

So this is the big question right? A lot of people think Ahri, and she’s certainly a popular one that’s often promoted in their official media. Yasuo, TF, Teemo, Lux...there’s a bunch that Riot like to use.

If it’s Riot’s choice though, like it was for the ARMS director, I think they would opt for Viego as his story is being promoted in League and Legends of Runeterra to coincide with the release of the Ruined King game later this year.

Ekko is the other likely Riot pick, as he’s also going to get his own game and is likely to be featured in the Arcane Netflix animation releasing later.

If I had to pick one to represent the game the best though, I’d opt for Ryze as he’s the original league poster boy and unlike most the other champions in the game he’s not tied to one particular region.

Noms:
x10 Jace

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Also, the spirit board. Who all will be on it? Any evolving spirits? I imagine we’d get Baron Nashor as a Legendary
Speaking of spirit board, I've seen someone on Twitter made one

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
While we're on the topic of Spirit Board, what about something similar: Stage cameo NPCs.
Assuming none of these are the chosen rep: Ahri, Yasuo, Teemo, Ekko, Jinx, Braum, Viego, Akali, Lux

they could also throw in Senna, Lucian, Qiyana, Xayah & Rakan (theyre a couple to a point they have matching skins for each theme), Blitzcrank, anyone else. Oh and Rift Herald/Baron Nashor

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I feel obligated to share this whenever League of Legends is brought up. Has anyone else noticed how Cho’Gath looks exactly like Vertebreaker from Spawn? I was a huge Spawn fan growing up and I had nearly every figure. I always found it kind of amusing how similar the characters are.

1621963261551.jpeg

1621963473086.jpeg

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And of course. The final smash

Would it be that select character’s Ultimate if it can fit in a cinematic? Them summoning the Rift Herald? An ARMS/Shulk style one where four other champions of choice assist them?

Pillow

Smash Lord
I feel obligated to share this whenever League of Legends is brought up. Has anyone else noticed how Cho’Gath looks exactly like Vertebreaker from Spawn? I was a huge Spawn fan growing up and I had nearly every figure. I always found it kind of amusing how similar the characters are.

View attachment 316463
View attachment 316464
Riot’s never been the most original game developer. A lot of the League heroes are basically just copy pasted tropes, especially the older ones. The original Sion literally spouted Predator lines and spoke with an Arnold impression at all times.

Also obligatory Cho’gath too large for Smash

GolisoPower

Smash Master
LoL is in a particularly tricky spot here:

On the one hand, people just love to poke fun at the actual MOBA game, but it's been so important to streaming and the MOBA scene as a whole that it's not even funny. I think LoL deserves a shot at Smash not just because of the aforementioned importance, but also because much like Terry and Latin America, from what I can tell, LoL is basically more popular in Korea.

As for the character, Ahri has been consistently the most popular character in the entire series and is effectively the mascot of the series. As for moveset potential, I actually made a moveset for her last year that implements some of the major mechanics of LoL as a gimmick.

Another thing I wanna point out is the stage: Summoner's Rift seems to be the obvious choice to me. It's the most-used map in the series, and it could make for a cool Shop gimmick in which hurting other fighters makes them drop Gold like in Grab the Coins but is used to buy items that you can use.

Spirits meanwhile, is easy for me. Here's a Spirit Board I made a long time back:
Ahri (Fighter)
  • Cho'Gath
    • Novice Attack Primary
    • Opponent: :ultridley: (Tiny)
    • Stage: Dracula's Castle
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is attracted to food items.
      • The enemy gets stronger after eating.
      • The enemy periodically grows bigger.
      • Defeat the fighter to win.
    • Spirit Effect: Stats + After Eating
  • Garen
    • Advanced Defense Primary
    • Opponent: :ultike: (Radiant Dawn)
    • Stage: Hyrule Castle
    • Rules:
      • The enemy has increases sword power.
      • The enemy heals over time.
      • The enemy is equipped with a Back Shield.
    • Spirit Effect: Auto-Heal
  • Thresh
    • Ace Support
    • Opponent: :ultganondorf:
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is equipped with Death's Scythe
      • The player occasionally has decreased movement.
    • Spirit Effect: KO Attack + (Increases the user's attack with every KO scored)
  • Ekko
    • Ace Attack Primary
    • Opponent: :ultpit:
    • Stage: Port Town Aero Drive (Omega)
    • Rules:
      • The enemy heals after a certain amount of damage.
      • Stopwatches spawn on the stage.
      • The enemy has increased dodge frames.
    • Spirit Effect: Stopwatch Equipped
  • Jinx
    • Advanced Support
    • Opponent: :ultbayonetta:
    • Stage: Moray Towers (Night)
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is equipped with a Super Scope.
      • The enemy is attracted to shooting items.
    • Spirit Effect: Shooting Item +
  • Yasuo
    • Ace Support
    • Opponent: :ultswordfighter: (Takamaru Wig, Ninja Suit)
    • Stage: Gaur Plains
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is armed with a Killing Edge.
      • Strong winds will occasionally blow.
    • Spirit Effect: Killing Edge Equipped
  • Ashe
    • Novice Attack Primary
    • Opponents: :ultcorrinf:, :ultfalco:
    • Stage: Summit
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is armed with a Freezie.
      • Reinforcements will sometimes spawn.
      • Defeat the main fighter to win.
    • Spirit Effect: Water/Ice Attack +
  • Teemo
    • Ace Mixed Primary
    • Opponents: :ultpichu: (Goggles)
    • Stage: Garden of Hope (Omega)
    • Rules:
      • The enemy occasionally turns invisible.
      • The enemy occasionally gains increased movement speed.
      • The floor is covered in poison.
    • Spirit Effect: Speed +
  • Miss Fortune
    • Novice Primary
    • Opponent: :ultbayonetta1:
    • Stage: Pirate Ship
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is armed with a Ray Gun.
      • The enemy had increased power to shooting items.
    • Spirit Effect: Ray Gun Equipped
  • Twisted Fate
    • Ace Support
    • Opponent: :ultsnake:
    • Stage: Gerudo Valley
    • Rules:
      • The enemy prefers to use projectiles.
    • Spirit Effect: Critical Chance +
  • Volibear
    • Advanced Support
    • Opponent: :ultdk:
    • Rules:
      • The enemy has increased physical attack power.
      • The enemy deals increased damage to already-damaged opponents.
      • The stage is electrified.
    • Spirit Effect: Physical Attack +
  • Nexus
    • Legend Support
    • Opponents: :ultkrool:(Giant), Ahri, :ultpichu:, :ultcorrinf:, :ultswordfighter:, :ultbayonetta:
    • Stage: Summoner's Rift
    • Rules:
      • The main enemy is motionless.
      • The enemy has increased attack overall.
      • Reinforcements will appear during battle.
      • Stamina battle.
    • Spirit Effect: Double Assist (Starts the battle with two random Assist Trophies)

Noms:
Pyramid Head x10

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
LoL is in a particularly tricky spot here:

On the one hand, people just love to poke fun at the actual MOBA game, but it's been so important to streaming and the MOBA scene as a whole that it's not even funny. I think LoL deserves a shot at Smash not just because of the aforementioned importance, but also because much like Terry and Latin America, from what I can tell, LoL is basically more popular in Korea.

As for the character, Ahri has been consistently the most popular character in the entire series and is effectively the mascot of the series. As for moveset potential, I actually made a moveset for her last year that implements some of the major mechanics of LoL as a gimmick.

Another thing I wanna point out is the stage: Summoner's Rift seems to be the obvious choice to me. It's the most-used map in the series, and it could make for a cool Shop gimmick in which hurting other fighters makes them drop Gold like in Grab the Coins but is used to buy items that you can use.

Spirits meanwhile, is easy for me. Here's a Spirit Board I made a long time back:

Ahri (Fighter)
  • Cho'Gath
    • Novice Attack Primary
    • Opponent: :ultridley: (Tiny)
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is attracted to food items.
      • The enemy gets stronger after eating.
      • The enemy periodically grows bigger.
    • Spirit Effect: Stats + After Eating
  • Garen
    • Advanced Defense Primary
    • Opponent: :ultike: (Radiant Dawn)
    • Stage: Hyrule Castle
    • Rules:
      • The enemy has increases sword power.
      • The enemy heals over time.
      • The enemy is equipped with a Back Shield.
    • Spirit Effect: Auto-Heal
  • Thresh
    • Ace Support
    • Opponent: :ultganondorf:
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is equipped with Death's Scythe
      • The player occasionally has decreased movement.
    • Spirit Effect: KO Attack + (Increases the user's attack with every KO scored)
  • Ekko
    • Ace Attack Primary
    • Opponent: :ultpit:
    • Stage: Port Town Aero Drive (Omega)
    • Rules:
      • The enemy heals after a certain amount of damage.
      • Stopwatches spawn on the stage.
    • Spirit Effect: Stopwatch Equipped
  • Jinx
    • Advanced Support
    • Opponent: :ultbayonetta:
    • Stage: Moray Towers (Night)
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is equipped with a Super Scope.
      • The enemy is attracted to shooting items.
    • Spirit Effect: Shooting Item +
  • Yasuo
    • Ace Support
    • Opponent: :ultswordfighter: (Takamaru Wig, Ninja Suit)
    • Stage: Gaur Plains
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is armed with a Killing Edge.
      • Strong winds will occasionally blow.
    • Spirit Effect: Killing Edge Equipped
  • Ashe
    • Novice Attack Primary
    • Opponents: :ultcorrinf:, :ultfalco:
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is armed with a Freezie.
      • Reinforcements will sometimes spawn.
    • Spirit Effect: Water/Ice Attack +
  • Teemo
    • Ace Mixed Primary
    • Opponents: :ultpichu: (Goggles)
    • Stage: Garden of Hope (Omega)
    • Rules:
      • The enemy occasionally turns invisible.
      • The enemy occasionally gains increased movement speed.
      • The floor is covered in poison.
    • Spirit Effect: Speed +
  • Miss Fortune
    • Novice Primary
    • Opponent: :ultbayonetta1:
    • Stage: Pirate Ship
    • Rules:
      • The enemy is armed with a Ray Gun.
      • The enemy had increased power to shooting items.
    • Spirit Effect: Ray Gun Equipped
  • Twisted Fate
    • Ace Support
    • Opponent: :ultsnake:
    • Stage: Gerudo Valley
    • Rules:
      • The enemy prefers to use projectiles.
    • Spirit Effect: Critical Chance +
  • Volibear
    • Advanced Support
    • Opponent: :ultdk:
    • Rules:
      • The enemy has increased physical attack power.
      • The enemy deals increased damage to already-damaged opponents.
      • The stage is electrified.
    • Spirit Effect: Physical Attack +
  • Nexus
    • Legend Support
    • Opponents: :ultkrool:(Giant), Ahri, :ultpichu:, :ultcorrinf:, :ultswordfighter:, :ultbayonetta:
    • Stage: Summoner's Rift
    • Rules:
      • The main enemy is motionless.
      • The enemy has increased attack overall.
      • Reinforcements will appear during battle.
      • Stamina battle.
    • Spirit Effect: Double Assist (Starts the battle with two random Assist Trophies)
I get the choice of Pit for Ekko - same VO joke right? :awesome:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Too bad you can’t use DLC characters for Spirit Boards that aren’t their own

otherwise I could use Terry for Sett, Sephiroth for Yasuo (YOU SAW THIS COMING), Pyra & Mythra for that one dude that has two forms to pick from after you’ve leveled him up enough (what was his name again?)

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, who's the best representation for LoL? I've seen people pointing at Ahri simply because.. well, idk why she became popular? But I've heard that the answer is different for someone who is familiar with the series
I mean, the answer certainly can be different, but Ahri is genuinely popular in the fanbase. You don't get the amount of skins she does if you're not popular.

That said, she's far from the only option. Most people have already called a few names, but Katarina, Jinx, Vi, Miss Fortune, Teemo, Yasuo, Lux, Ryze, Ekko and others are also popular characters that could rep the game well enough.

I'm not really too familiar with LoL specifically but I have experience playing MOBA and it seems pretty popular in asian country specifically China and Korea. Speaking of popularity, what makes LoL special and "deserve" a representation?
To paraphrase the LoL general thread: League of Legends is one of the most successful MOBAs out there, with over 100 million users (data from 2017) and is one of the biggest Esports period. Riot Games is also owned by Tencent, who has approached Nintendo for business in recent years - notably with Pokémon Unite, Nintendo's own MOBA - and also helping to bring the Switch to China.

LoL is also getting stuff on the Switch - Ruined King is confirmed and Wild Rift is pretty much a matter of when. So there is some Nintendo connection.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord

Would it be that select character’s Ultimate if it can fit in a cinematic? Them summoning the Rift Herald? An ARMS/Shulk style one where four other champions of choice assist them?
Canonically most League champs haven’t ever interacted with each other so a team up FS wouldn’t really make sense I think. I don’t think you have to be too creative here, it’s not like Pokemon Final Smash bring in other pokemon, they’d just use their ultimates or maybe a custom more powerful cinematic version of their ultimate if the ult is part of their moveset.

I mean, the answer certainly can be different, but Ahri is genuinely popular in the fanbase. You don't get the amount of skins she does if you're not popular.

That said, she's far from the only option. Most people have already called a few names, but Katarina, Jinx, Vi, Miss Fortune, Teemo, Yasuo, Lux, Ryze, Ekko and others are also popular characters that could rep the game well enough.

To paraphrase the LoL general thread: League of Legends is one of the most successful MOBAs out there, with over 100 million users (data from 2017) and is one of the biggest Esports period. Riot Games is also owned by Tencent, who has approached Nintendo for businessin recent years - notably with Pokémon Unite, Nintendo's own MOBA - and also helping to bring the Switc to China.

LoL is also getting stuff on the Switch - Ruined King is confirmed and Wild Rift is pretty much a matter of when. So there is some Nintendo connection.
The thing about Ahri is, yes she’s popular (very popular) but as a character she kind of does a poor job of representing League as a whole. If we’re guaranteed a LOL rep and have another ARMS guessing game scenario I’d actually put money on Viego.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It looks to me like the human characters are a lot more popular than the nonhumans, which is kind of a shame in my opinion. They are still cool but I personally find the nonhumans more interesting. Are there any nonhumans that have a shot or are they just too far behind in popularity to stand a chance?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

From what little I know:
  • Ryze was the original mascot, though he's apparently absent from Wild Rift at the moment
  • Ahri's been pretty popular ever since her debut, and was also featured in the music video that went absolutely viral
  • Jinx is used as the face of Wild Rift, and is also a major focus of the upcoming Netflix show
  • Teemo has the power of memes and salt on his side
  • In the most cursed timeline, apparently we'd get Seraphine by power of monkey's paw, salt, and a desire to one-up Byleth's divisiveness. At least, that's what it seems like from my viewpoint

Paraster

Smash Lord
Noms: Neku x10

I remember liking Heroes of the Storm for the brief time I played it, but trying League of Legends afterward was just slow and boring. I don't know what the deal was.

Which League character do you think would make for the most unique Smash fighter?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I remember liking Heroes of the Storm for the brief time I played it, but trying League of Legends afterward was just slow and boring. I don't know what the deal was.

Which League character do you think would make for the most unique Smash fighter?
I'd say the dude who's the size of a galaxy. He'd be the first character who doesn't fit on the screen :4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Imma go on a huge limb and say Twisted Fate

or Evelynn if she was made age appropriate

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The thing about Ahri is, yes she’s popular (very popular) but as a character she kind of does a poor job of representing League as a whole. If we’re guaranteed a LOL rep and have another ARMS guessing game scenario I’d actually put money on Viego.
Dunno, she's got a CC ability in Charm, plus Lifesteal. I think these two are kinda signature stuff in MOBAs.

I find this interesting, because for me it was the other way around - HotS was the unbearably slow one, and I couldn't get over how little freedom I seemingly had in the general game plan.

Just find this kind of divergence in experiences interesting, tbh.

amageish

Smash Master
My favourite would be Lux, who is just a random mage who has... occasionally had central roles in marketing, but probably not enough of them to actually merit inclusion...

I think the main advantage Ahri has, beyond just pure popularity and brand appeal, is that she appears across the League-verse. She's a beloved character in the original game, a member of K/DA, a party member in Ruined King, one of the only confirmed characters for the fighting game, etc.

I'm guessing they'd have at least one full alt skin, depending on who the character is. Probably in a Meta-Ridley/Joker-uniform situation where it's just the final 2 alts though.

I think the main reason is that some people who are more of an original-game-League fans didn't like how she was debuted more on the K/DA (fictional K-Pop group made of League characters) side of things. Additionally, her original lore had some fridge horror implications by saying that she could hear the internal songs/spirits of everyone... including a race of beings that had been systemically murdered and turned into weapons, with implied that she knew about the fact that happened and just didn't do anything about it.

On that note, I do have a Seraphine for Smash moveset! Don't take this too seriously, everyone. The mechanics are meant to be absurd and I'm aware they currently wouldn't work online.

General Mechanics: Seraphine has cooldown on all on her down and side specials, in reference to the general mechanics of League and to prevent them being rapidly fired - and, pragmatically, to avoid her just buffing herself and debuffing her foes repeatedly. The cooldown meter is indicated by the moves having icons near her portrait.

She also maintains part of her passive, Stage Presence, where she collects four notes to gain range and damage to her basic attacks. However, in League of Legends, this is done by casting abilities near her allies. As she has no allies in Smash (without being in team battle), this seems to be a problem… but, thankfully, Seraphine can read peoples’ emotions, so she is truly everyone’s ally! Problem is that her opponents don’t know that yet, but that just means that she needs to inform them that they are her ally and she deeply cares about them… which she can do through her taunts! Every time a taunt is completed near an “ally,” Seraphine collects a musical note - gaining more if she taunts near more opponents. These spin around her and will expand her neutral attacks - her usual one magical spell can become a symphony as it is joined by extra notes, maintained by tapping the neutral attack button in a steady rhythm. Show the world what you can do~!

She does not maintain her echo ability, as I feel that’d be too OP in the world of Smash.

Neutral Special: High Note. Seraphine belts a high note, which fires forward as a magic attack. Like in League, it does more damage to opponents who are already at a high percentage. Strike them while they’re weak!

Down Special: Surround Sound. Seraphine sings a quick note, which forms a shield around her for a couple moments, slightly reducing damage. Once the shield disappears, Seraphine will have buffed movement, with this buff being stronger and lasting longer if she had been damaged while performing the move. Moreover, if she times it perfectly to block her attacker’s attack, then she’ll actually get a slight healing effect as well.

Side Special: Beat Drop. Seraphine fires a magical note out to the side. It damages enemies, along with slightly debuffing their speed for a few moments. If fired onto an enemy who is already debuffed (either by another Seraphine or an item like the Stopwatch), then it has a meteor effect.

Up Special: The Show Must Go Up. Based on the animation used in Encore, Seraphine belts a note as her platform rises up in a quick fluid movement, sending damage-inducing sound waves beneath her, similar to Robin’s up-special.

Jabs: Seraphine’s neutral attack fires one beam by default. It can be pressed repeatedly to keep firing the beams. As you build up music notes, these beams can be boosted to become multi-hit attacks that travel a longer range. She also has a natural rhythm to her attacks, with it being best to keep firing at a steady pace - A (or whatever button you use) rest A rest A rest, etc..

Smash Attacks: Encore. Seraphine’s ult turns into her Smash Attacks, which her charging up a powerful beam that fires out. As she’s a ranged fighter, this beam does not attract people to her like in it does the original game, as that would probably do her more harm than good.

Aerials: Taking some liberties, her aerials all reference Dance Dance Revolution, the game her mat is modelled after. She stomps down on the platform and an arrow fires out in that direction.

Like Bowser Junior, she loses her platform-dance-pad-thing (does it have a name?) when in free fall. This does make her lighter though, allowing for a slightly more controllable descent.

Taunts: In one, Seraphine waves and says “You inspire me!” In another, she does an excited two-arm cheer and declares that “You're all breathtaking!” In her third taunt, she just sits down on her board and poses mutely, so that people can use her taunt mechanic without verbally annoying the hell out of their friends.

Like Pit, she also reacts to being star-KO’d, dejectedly declaring that the “Shows not over…” Uniquely to her, she also has a chance of reacting to being brought back after being star-KO’d, musing to herself that she’s “Ready to sing again!”

Final Smash: Harmonic Coordination. Similar to Mega Man, she fires a portal final smash that will toss captured opponents into a cutscene. In it, opponents end up standing in the middle of the rift, before being quickly surrounded on both sides. On one side, Ahri and Akali approach them and on the other they are caught by Evelynn and Kai'Sa. As they try to run into the Jungle, Seraphine emerges and they all attack the opponents at once, KO-ing at over 100% or launching otherwise. Uniquely, this Final Smash will change visually if she’s using her K/DA Superstar skin, with her allies also wearing their K/DA skins to match.

I imagine it'd be ARMS-style. Smash DLC doesn't seem to shy away from cameos in Final Smashes and a lot of characters have Ultimates that can be put into other parts of the moveset...

Noms: Farmer x 10

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know it was specifically due to the LoL rumor back then that I decided to research it and also the music videos even tho I discovered them late

anyway uh

would they just have their English VOs, or the Japanese and Korean ones too?

and if they take the skins-as-alts approach would they include different skin voices (like Star Guardian Ahri or True Damage Ekko)?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know it was specifically due to the LoL rumor back then that I decided to research it and also the music videos even tho I discovered them late

anyway uh

would they just have their English VOs, or the Japanese and Korean ones too?

and if they take the skins-as-alts approach would they include different skin voices (like Star Guardian Ahri or True Damage Ekko)?
Well, Voice Theory seems to suggest that for the most part European voice actors aren't coming back. Asian voice actors like Korean, however, seem like fair game to me. Korean Ahri KO sounds will probably raise a few brows though lol. Also, do not look up Korean Ahri death sounds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom