• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinedPlayer

Smash Rookie
What does everyone think about Olimar? I know he has been nerfed from Brawl but I still decided to main him and I haven't really seen anyone talk about him yet like they do for sheik and diddy

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Have there been ANY Links at Apex? I've seen some crazy Shulk plays, and they helped me learn a lot, but no Link... :ohwell:
There was a really good Link on stream earlier. Can't remember the name but I think he fought a Sonic/Diddy?

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
The only Link I saw on stream was KirinBlaze. He used Mario and Link. He also used both characters in brawl. He got 3rd in his pool if I'm not mistaken.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Kirin hanged out in the Mario boards a lot in Brawl, but ever since he got in his crew he doesn't come on the boards anymore. Even further, for some reason there's hardly ever any videos of him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Kirin hanged out in the Mario boards a lot in Brawl, but ever since he got in his crew he doesn't come on the boards anymore. Even further, for some reason there's hardly ever any videos of him.
Ooo, conspiracies. :p

So, was there anyone left out at Apex? Was there a Wario? A Toon Link? One of the Miis?

Noa.

Smash Master
MVD has made it to Top 32 in winners. To accomplish this, in the second wave of pools he beat Denti's Diddy 2-0, FOW's Ness 2-1, and Dabuz 2-1. And he went Duck Hunt all the way. Quite impressive. I believe he's the only high level Duck Hunt player in the USA.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So, was there anyone left out at Apex? Was there a Wario? A Toon Link? One of the Miis?
Unless Nairo went her in pools and the matches just weren't streamed, :4robinf: was without a rep. Marth was left out, Donkey Kong, Peach, Bowser, Samus, ROB, Doc, Palutena, the Kirby crew, Game and Watch, there was quite a swath of absentees from what I saw.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ok guys where the heck do you find brackets and pool results? I can't find it D:

*watches melee since smash 4 is gone*

Noa.

Smash Master
ok guys where the heck do you find brackets and pool results? I can't find it D:

http://challonge.com/tournaments?utf8=✓&q=apex+wii+u

That link has all of the brackets. By looking at the phase 2 brackets you can see all the players that made it out of the phase 1 pools. The players in winners were 1st seed, and the players in losers were 2nd seed.

However none of these Challonge brackets actually show the results of these matches. Eventually when the top 32 bracket for smash wii u gets filled out, we will know who made it out of phase 2 of pools.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Unless Nairo went her in pools and the matches just weren't streamed, :4robinf: was without a rep. Marth was left out, Donkey Kong, Peach, Bowser, Samus, ROB, Doc, Palutena, the Kirby crew, Game and Watch, there was quite a swath of absentees from what I saw.
You missed MikeKirby!

Saturn_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Saturn.1000

Same question, I don't see it anywhere and the few links I've seen related to results are outdated

EDIT: Seems like the link above is as good as it gets and we still have to wait, grrr....

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://challonge.com/tournaments?utf8=✓&q=apex wii u

That link has all of the brackets. By looking at the phase 2 brackets you can see all the players that made it out of the phase 1 pools. The players in winners were 1st seed, and the players in losers were 2nd seed.

However none of these Challonge brackets actually show the results of these matches. Eventually when the top 32 bracket for smash wii u gets filled out, we will know who made it out of phase 2 of pools.
oh god MikeKirby vs mew2king

did these already happen, or are they going to happening? I can't imagine they already happened because then they would have been streamed because hype!

all these brackets are so scary wow.

oh man video games

oldkingcroz

Smash Apprentice
@ Sonic Storm:
Vinnie played a streamed match as ROB, against a Diddy main. He was 1-1 with his Sheik, and switched to ROB for the victory.

Glad to see the character diversity, though. Not digging the Sonics. Cept in that one streamed Ness & Little Mac vs. Zero Suit & Sonic. That was an amazing couple of matches.

Noa.

Smash Master
So here are all the players that made it out of the first round of pools. I'll separate them by 1st seed and second seed. For the mains, I just put them there based on who they used in the past or who they used on stream. I only put the characters for the players I recognize. This is so that we can get some idea of how the 1st wave of pools went for Apex in terms of character diversity. If you know anyone else's main, please say. Obviously there are a ton of players that I don't know their characters. But at least we can get some idea. If I made any mistakes let me know.

1st Seed:
Zero :4diddy:
Bloodcross :4charizard:
Shimitake :4pikachu:
Badada :4shulk::4megaman:
LoF False :4luigi::4sheik:
LeoHart :4diddy:
Zucco :4megaman:
IQHQ Ribs
Mr.R :4sheik:
Kenny :4pikachu:
VGz JuneBug :4lucario:
BengalsRZ :4zss:
Abadango :4pacman::4wario:
WIDL
DKwill :4dk:
Vex :4littlemac:?
Choco :4zss:
Chef Pac :4pacman:
6wx :4sonic:
LOE1 :4luigi:
Nietono :4sheik:
NSM NickC :4falcon:
Tyrant :4diddy:
Akiro :4sheik:
Mew2King :4diddy:
MikeKirby :4kirby:
Ninjalink :4megaman:
Chudat :4sheik:
Fliphop :4diddy:
TroyFullbuster :4diddy::4mario:
E2C_cwe
8bitman :4rob:
Aerolink :4diddy:
Tenuhe
Phuzix :4sheik:
Sync :4greninja:
Jtails :4diddy:
SuperGirlKel :4sonic:
XZAX :4robinm::4mario::4diddy:
Damu
Nairo :4darkpit::4robinm::4zss:
Boss :4luigi:
Rich Brown :4olimar:
Eazy
J Miller :4luigi:
Thunderst0rm :4luigi:
Nick Riddle :4zss:
MJG :4diddy:
Ally :4mario::4shulk:
Dao
Vinnie :4rob::4sheik:
Liquid KDJ
Nakat :4ness::4fox::4pikachu:
Master Raven:4sheik:
Zinoto :4diddy:
Plup :4diddy:
FOW :4ness:
BelaC :4luigi:
Denti :4diddy:
MVD :4duckhunt:
Dabuz :rosalina:
Bladewise :rosalina:
Reflex :4wario:
Myran :4olimar:

2nd Seed:
Max Ketchum :4falcon:
Xaltis :rosalina:
K9 :4sheik:
Alphicans :4littlemac:
Venom :4lucario:
Player-1 :4diddy:
HelpR
Angbad :4olimar:
MrConCon :4luigi:
Tweek :4bowserjr:
Shaky :4ness:
LingLing
Xaltic
Falln :rosalina:
Strongbad :4diddy:
Ksev
Snow :4fox:
Mr. E :4marth:
Deadend
TrueBlue :4sonic:
Dark Wizzy :4mario:
Larry Lurr :4fox:
LoF Pwii
DRN
FishBait
Derps
Chrim Foish :4diddy:
Cozy
ASR
ProfessorMGW
Zage :4pacman:
iRJi
Greward :4megaman:
Fatality :4falcon:
V115
DarkPch :4peach:
Meekspeedy
Static Manny :4sonic:
TKBreezy :4wiifit:?
Bosu
PInk Fresh :4peach::4pit:
Ayuha :4greninja:?
Seibrik :4megaman:
Angel Cortes :4diddy:
PikaPika! :4pikachu:
Akashi Sword :4greninja:
aMSa :4greninja:
Youngster Joey
Wizzrobe :4sheik:
Nyani :4mario::4pit:
PentaSalia :rosalina:
Dissent :4diddy:?
Peter Pi
Sky Williams :4yoshi:
BryanYDG :4jigglypuff:?
Blue :4sonic:
Wafty :4wario:
Void :4sheik:
Disqo Bunny
Cassius
IQHQ Gohan :4falcon:
2Fast :4luigi::4mario:
Seagull Joe :4sonic:
LiquidKen :4diddy:?

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I was SUPER impressed with badada's Shulk and Mega Man today. Looking forward to seeing how far he gets.

Really wish the Challonge thing listed what character the players were using so I could get an idea of the diversity. From what I can remember though it looks like we've got some Pac-Man, Mega Man, Kirby, Shulk, Charizard (Bloodcross plays Zard right?), Marth, Peach...Not too bad for now. Are these tomorrow's matches or were they off-stream?

EDIT: Ah thanks Draconoa!

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
MVD has made it to Top 32 in winners. To accomplish this, in the second wave of pools he beat Denti's Diddy 2-0, FOW's Ness 2-1, and Dabuz 2-1. And he went Duck Hunt all the way. Quite impressive. I believe he's the only high level Duck Hunt player in the USA.
Any videos? The stream didn't catch more than 1 DH set so far, as far as I can see.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Nyani made it out of pools? That's good. Also, she uses Pit along with Mario as well. Nientono uses Sheik.

Edit: Holy... Dark Wizzy made it out of Pools too? He's a very dedicated Mario main and is speculated to be the best Mario in the US as well (mainly stated by Mr. ConCon). I hope he makes it all the way.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If you know anyone else's main, please say.

1st Seed:
Bloodcross :4charizard:
Nietono :4sheik:
Tyrant :4diddy:
Sync :4greninja:
XZAX :4robinf:
Thunderst0rm :4luigi:

2nd Seed:
Max Ketchum :4falcon: (and :4pikachu:?)
Alphicans :4littlemac:
Falln :rosalina:, I think
Strongbad :4diddy:
Mr. E :4marth:
Akashi Sword :4greninja:
aMSa :4greninja:
Some more mains for you.

Glad to see some Greninjas made it out after all.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait...

Bloodcross made it past pools?

Nice.

Also, it is slightly disappointing that everyone is pocketing Diddy.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
NinjaLink indeed mains Megaman.

Edit: Out of what we know so far... here's the quantity of each character. I'm listing the top 5.

14 :4diddy:
9 :4sheik:
6 :4luigi:
6 :4sonic:
4 :4megaman:
4 :4zss:

Everyone else is three or lower.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
NinjaLink indeed mains Megaman.

Edit: Out of what we know so far... here's the quantity of each character. I'm listing the top 5.

12 :4diddy:
9 :4sheik:
6 :4luigi:
5 :4sonic:
4 :4zss:

Everyone else is three or lower.
Greward plays :4megaman: (and did so on the stream in doubles). Along with Seibrik, NinjaLink, and Zucco that's 4 for the blue bomber.

Edit: 4.5 if you count Badada's Mega Man as .5

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Greward plays :4megaman: (and did so on the stream in doubles). Along with Seibrik, NinjaLink, and Zucco that's 4 for the blue bomber.

Edit: 4.5 if you count Badada's Mega Man as .5
I'll update and keep track. Everyone else feel free to let me know of what mains you've counted (I need stuff to do while I practice some tech).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom