• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
That's only 5 frames of vulnerability if Mewtwo spams airdodge. What the actual ****.

Is there anything one could consider a "normal" airdodge in Smash 4 to compare against?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
M2K doesn't necessarily have the results to confirm himself as second best player in the world. Losses to Tyrant, Fow, Nairo, Shaky (I think?), and a few others I'm sure.
JUST THE NITPICK.

Also has anyone else noticed how lol worthy sheik's down tilt is now? It's free EVERYTHING afterwards at crazy percents, thank god it isn't long range (dat crouch) but it's essentially on a similar level of set up ability as Diddy's.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I guess it's stacked like a pool gets stacked. Sacrifices and perhaps underrepresented placements are guaranteed?

Random seeding? Best of 1s? ZeRo was there?
The odds were stacked against them.

I would say E3 was stacked too even though it really only had 2.5 or so "competent at Brawl" players.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If Rain, Nietono, Ranai, Earth, Edge, Shu, Octo and Brood weren't in attendance then the tournament wasn't stacked by japanese standards.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, I was more asking a question sort of "who was actually there?" rather than saying anything specific about the tournament. I didn't even see it so it's all hearsay from my side.

But I do like to now who of the japanese top players was there. I heard about a very good Ness player which I assume to be Gakuto.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The Ness beat MJG, and went close-ish with Mew2King. I would guess Japan is a lot more experienced against Villager (basing off their tier lists) than the West. Mew2King could've been PK-thunder 2'd for a loss if his gambits didn't work out.

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/653203810
about 56 minutes in for the first match with ZeRo. Lots of skipping can be done~

Fsann is the guys name. The Japanese entrants I believe were decided through a 3DS tournament? Or at least according to the commentary Fsann was.

Last edited:

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
the whole thing wasn't very hype :S I know japan can do better than that. still thats what they get for deciding entrants through a 3ds tournament and not making sure they send their best

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh, Fsann is active and placing well again? He was a well-known Brawl Ness main, I'm sure most of you know of him.

This computer isn't going to let me watch a twitch stream because it doesn't have most of the basic programs, but I'd like to check that out at some stage for sure.

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
Can we talk about ROB? I honestly think he's top 10 material. He's held back by some hard matchups (Fox kills him from my expirience, as well as villager) but the dude has got gyro shenanigans, a top notch grab game, stage control, D-throw -> Uair kill combo, a Nair with a hitbox the size of the freaking stage that easily autocancels, and one of the best edgeguarding abilities in the game. Not to mention his 3 frame d-tilt that can even trip. I might use him as a secondary at this point. Also, if you can get Halberd as the stage you fight on, you can score some really early kills with Uair or Usmash. He's really versatile.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
It's difficult to quantify this because I can't find the thread that details airdodge frame data, which is where I got my information. However I'm quite confident that airdodges are actually pretty standardized in this game. Way moreso than rolls. They typically have 1F startup and 4-5F ending lag, and last 32-33F in total so they have about 27F of intangibility.

I seem to recall that Villager's airdodge is slightly above average (intan 2F-28F, total 32F) but I could be wrong. It's unusual for a character's intan to start on frame 3 though.

So Mewtwo's airdodge is slightly above average in terms of total startup and endlag frames but actually has slightly less intangible frames and thus a shorter duration than average overall, from what I understand.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Mewtwo air dodge is frame 2 because otherwise aerial Confusion would be guaranteed punishable by Sheik fair and perhaps some other f3 aerials. (And if Mewtwo had less endlag himself, he'd start to have abusable hard-frame-trap against slow characters.)

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Can we talk about ROB? I honestly think he's top 10 material. He's held back by some hard matchups (Fox kills him from my expirience, as well as villager) but the dude has got gyro shenanigans, a top notch grab game, stage control, D-throw -> Uair kill combo, a Nair with a hitbox the size of the freaking stage that easily autocancels, and one of the best edgeguarding abilities in the game. Not to mention his 3 frame d-tilt that can even trip. I might use him as a secondary at this point. Also, if you can get Halberd as the stage you fight on, you can score some really early kills with Uair or Usmash. He's really versatile.
Imo fox doesn't destroy him, pika does. Fox has way too much trouble starting his combo when all he has is unsafe on shield or whiff, and can't rely on his amazing speed to get in (Falcon has the same problem) because the gyro can wall him.
What is holding rob back is the ledge mecanics and the overall nerf of his recovery. His very sensible to edgeguard. He's pretty weak to juggling too, but like everyone outside of Diddy/shiek/ZSS.Customs help a lot though
But we should stop to talk about a top 10. The cast is too big, and will grown, and on 54 characters one third (that's what a tier is in my country) mean 18 characters. So we should do TOP 6/ Top 18 to determine top tier/high tier.
And with this system we can avoid debates like "who between sheik diddy sonic rosalina ZSS and pikachu doesn't belong to the top tier" or "While ROB fox MK CF mario luigi and peach clearly deserves to be top 10 we can't put all of them there"

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
But gaps in tiers are supposed to represent gaps in viability - as in, the characters in top tier are meant to be significantly more viable than the characters in high tier, just as the characters in high tier are meant to be significantly more viable than those in mid tier and so on. Giving tiers arbitrary gaps is just as much a way to spark debate as it is to prevent it (Not necessarily the most accurate example, but for instance, "Surely Fox and Luigi both deserve to be in top 6, oh but we already have a well-known top 5, so one of them has to get out of top tier. But their results both show roughly equal validity, so what do we do?"), and our tiers should have meaning. Otherwise, why not just make a single list for #1-#54 or whatever it ends up being by the time we make the list itself?)

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
People like you got ROB nerfed in 1.0.6. QQ
For real though, there's no way ROB is top 10 in this patch. One of ROB's greatest strengths in 1.0.4 is his kill power. Opponents had to respect his grab extremely early in fear of dthrow->uair kills, and then uthrow kills at higher percents. With uthrow nerfed, there's now a very large percentage range (roughly 90%-130%, depending on character, rage, etc.) where ROB has no safe kill options and the opponent barely has to respect his grab. This also leads to the opponent getting more rage and increasing the possibility of ROB being killed early.

In addition, he sill has the problem of losing to most of the top tier. His Diddy matchup improved, but he now has a harder time against Yoshi, Pikachu, Fox, ZSS, Luigi, Mario, and Falcon because he was nerfed and they were not. I fail to see the redeeming matchups he has that let ROB contend for top 10 status.

That's only 5 frames of vulnerability if Mewtwo spams airdodge. What the actual ****.

Is there anything one could consider a "normal" airdodge in Smash 4 to compare against?
It's OK, this was Falco's spotdodge in Brawl:
Spot Dodge:
Lasts 22 Frames
Invincible Frames 2 – 20

Last edited:

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
I know you were joking here but I just thought I'd mention I think it's really weird the way ROB was nerfed in 1.06. Up Throw was only utilized by ROB players who actually knew what they were doing in my experience, your typical ROB player would just spam his specials and nab kills with the ol' spotdodge > Dsmash, or some random aerial. This is what people tended to complain about. Yet instead they introduced a nerf that punished the better ROB players, unlike Sonic whose nerfs seemed to target For Glory cheese (the back throw nerf hurts at all levels of play but it was also really common online, unlike ROB's kill throw).

I guess it just adds to the mystery of how exactly they are deciding on the nerfs and buffs for characters. Are they mostly looking at tournament players, casual players, online results or a mixture of all three?

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
But gaps in tiers are supposed to represent gaps in viability - as in, the characters in top tier are meant to be significantly more viable than the characters in high tier, just as the characters in high tier are meant to be significantly more viable than those in mid tier and so on. Giving tiers arbitrary gaps is just as much a way to spark debate as it is to prevent it (Not necessarily the most accurate example, but for instance, "Surely Fox and Luigi both deserve to be in top 6, oh but we already have a well-known top 5, so one of them has to get out of top tier. But their results both show roughly equal validity, so what do we do?"), and our tiers should have meaning. Otherwise, why not just make a single list for #1-#54 or whatever it ends up being by the time we make the list itself?)
But thats dumb: Rosalina and Zss are nowhere significantly more viable than some others, and have some Matchup that are soo bad they need a secondary to ensure the win. Gap in viability are, in this game, way more illusional than before. And we should adapt our tier list to the huge cast we got. To define a top 10 when there is 30 character is meaningful. The same thing when there is 54 is meaningless, and lead to useless debates, because we can do nothing but lie when we say that 10 characters are with a good margin more viable than the others 44. It's indeed impossible to classify perfectly, but we can find one classification which avoids clear lies. Currently some characters are tournament viable, but are excluded from the tournament viable tier because that's it.
For real though, there's no way ROB is top 10 in this patch. One of ROB's greatest strengths in 1.0.4 is his kill power. Opponents had to respect his grab extremely early in fear of dthrow->uair kills, and then uthrow kills at higher percents. With uthrow nerfed, there's now a very large percentage range (roughly 90%-130%, depending on character, rage, etc.) where ROB has no safe kill options and the opponent barely has to respect his grab. This also leads to the opponent getting more rage and increasing the possibility of ROB being killed early.

In addition, he sill has the problem of losing to most of the top tier. His Diddy matchup improved, but he now has a harder time against Yoshi, Pikachu, Fox, ZSS, Luigi, Mario, and Falcon because he was nerfed and they were not. I fail to see the redeeming matchups he has that let ROB contend for top 10 status.
There is no way uthrow nerf affects his overall viabililty, because relying on a killing throw was stupid from the start, and if you think ROB MU are worse now it's sad. We used to be lazy, but if we work we can let it go.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
But thats dumb: Rosalina and Zss are nowhere significantly more viable than some others, and have some Matchup that are soo bad they need a secondary to ensure the win.
If a 6:4 MU requires a secondary then I don't know what to say. I don't know about rosa exactly but zss's worst MU is about 6:4 imo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
ROB kinda sucks after the patch, I have no idea why they decided to nerf him. His ability to get BS kills with rage uthrow was one of the few things he had going for him that set him apart from a lot of characters that are stuck in the nowhere-land of mid-tier. His hoo-haa is still pretty ridiculous but overall the character is pretty unimpressive. I can't say for sure how good he was before the patch but he's pretty mediocre now.

Edit: It's kinda the same thing that happened when they decided to nerf Pac-Man in the previous patch. Nobody knows why it happened and it doesn't make any sense but it still happened.

Last edited:

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
There is no way uthrow nerf affects his overall viabililty, because relying on a killing throw was stupid from the start, and if you think ROB MU are worse now it's sad. We used to be lazy, but if we work we can let it go.
We're just going to have to agree to disagree. Your statement about relying on a kill throw is too vague for me to understand what you mean, and just makes me feel like you hate kill throws in general. I feel like ROB's uthrow was an important part of his plan, and it hurts him to have one of his important tools nerfed. I do still think he's viable though. Also, I don't understand what's so "sad" about me thinking ROB's MUs got worse post patch. ROB used uthrow to kill in every matchup, uthrow is now nerfed, hence ROB's MUs are worse against characters that weren't changed in the patch. It doesn't always reflect in the numerical ratios (ie. a 60-40 matchup may not become a 63-35 one), but it seems logical that ROB's MUs would be worse.

Every ROB player post patch, myself included, is working hard on ROB still post patch and seeing how far we can take him. That doesn't mean ROB isn't worse post patch.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It's indeed impossible to classify perfectly, but we can find one classification which avoids clear lies. Currently some characters are tournament viable, but are excluded from the tournament viable tier because that's it.
This is more an argument against your own point. Some characters ARE indeed tournament viable and would be excluded from your tiers because there's a few characters that get in there before them. Like, it makes no sense to have DDD be a mid tier as part of the numbers and Doc as a low tier right next to him if their actual viability is about even, y'know? :/

Gaps appear more illusional in this game but only at first glance. You're still going to see these characters :4diddy: :4sheik: :4zss: :rosalina: :4fox: :4luigi: :4yoshi: :4ness: :4pikachu: winning tournaments far more than the likes of :4lucina: :4kirby: :4drmario: :4dedede: etc, or even more than say :4villager: :4wario: :4pacman: :4megaman: :4falcon: and so on. I think there should definitely be gaps to separate that instead of arbitrary rules. As I mentioned previously, if we use your system, what's the difference between what you're suggesting and just doing an ordered list from first to last? Arbitrary tiering is totally useless, you don't argue a character is top tier because they're 'top 6', you argue they're top tier because their results are near the same level of those already IN the top 6 - or in other words, instead of having a top 6, we would now have a top 7. That's why these discussions are important. :)

And yeah, ZSS and Rosaluma do have bad MUs, but how positive and negative MUs affect your tier position is relative to the game, the rest of the cast. That doesn't mean they don't win far more than the lower tiers. :p

I don't see how relying on a decent kill throw is a bad thing. Two characters in this game have kill throws as their crux move, and at least 5 more have them as supplementary kill moves should the opponent live too long. Those things are legit man. (sorry though, don't mean to attack everything you're saying, just wondering how you come to this conclusion) :3

Last edited:

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze

If ROB's uthrow is considered a considerable nerf then Falcon got nerfed too, his downwards angled fsmash now kills about 10% later than it did before the patch, although the other variations are still the same (downwards used to be the strongest).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If ROB's uthrow is considered a considerable nerf then Falcon got nerfed too, his downwards angled fsmash now kills about 10% later than it did before the patch, although the other variations are still the same (downwards used to be the strongest).
Falcon has a lot of powerful options that can substitute a down-angled fsmash. ROB has nothing that could possibly take the place of uthrow.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
ROB kinda sucks after the patch, I have no idea why they decided to nerf him. His ability to get BS kills with rage uthrow was one of the few things he had going for him that set him apart from a lot of characters that are stuck in the nowhere-land of mid-tier.
Going as far as saying ROB "kinda sucks" is a bit much. I agree he is probably a little closer to the top of the middle tiers now, but that's still a top 20 character in a huge cast. What separates him from the Mega Man/Pacman/ (vanilla) Villager types?

Maybe I don't know Falcon well enough, but that's nowhere near the level of ROBs nerf. We're talking 20-30% later for his kills.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I should also mention, the defining of a 'top 10' shouldn't mean we think the 11th character is particularly worse than said top 10 unless there's evidence that top 10 is actually where the tier gap itself should lie - based on viability, of course.

It probably just so happens that an implication is made where it shouldn't be, and people seem to get upset when people exclude their character from 'top x' as if it was some game-changing revelation. :laugh:

("But my character FEELS top 15 you know? I guess maybe these characters you said do have a claim to those spots but HE'S DEFINITELY VIABLE!") :p

Last edited:

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Going as far as saying ROB "kinda sucks" is a bit much. I agree he is probably a little closer to the top of the middle tiers now, but that's still a top 20 character in a huge cast. What separates him from the Mega Man/Pacman/ (vanilla) Villager types?

Maybe I don't know Falcon well enough, but that's nowhere near the level of ROBs nerf. We're talking 20-30% later for his kills.
Yeah, it's certainly a bigger nerf. They probably did it just to make Mewtwo's uthrow seem stronger in comparison, instead of giving Mewtwo an actually powerful throw while keeping ROB the same.

Point is that Falcon wasn't left untouched though. They nerfed his back throw a little bit too.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Top 10, top 15, top x talk has always been pretty meaningless to me because as you said, the 11th character is not going to be significantly worse than the top 10 if you simply rank the characters like that.

Which is why a tier list with proper tiers makes more sense, they highlight viability gaps much more effectively. And it shouldn't matter how big the tiers are in a game with this many characters and with such good balance.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Going as far as saying ROB "kinda sucks" is a bit much.
Uhhhhh, he's probably not viable for tournament because you'll end up needing secondary characters for more than just a few matchups. So from a practical standpoint he does kinda suck because he's pretty worthless for anybody who wants to do well in tournaments bigger than local scale.

Whether he was really good enough for that in the previous patch is a different question. I kinda doubt it.

I agree he is probably a little closer to the top of the middle tiers now, but that's still a top 20 character in a huge cast. What separates him from the Mega Man/Pacman/ (vanilla) Villager types?
Nothing, and that's exactly ROB's problem. If you have nothing that sets you apart from a character like Mega Man then you won't get anywhere. Top 20 doesn't mean **** in a game where maybe the top 10 has a realistic shot at placing high at national tournaments.

Last edited:

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
This is more an argument against your own point. Some characters ARE indeed tournament viable and would be excluded from your tiers because there's a few characters that get in there before them. Like, it makes no sense to have DDD be a mid tier as part of the numbers and Doc as a low tier right next to him if their actual viability is about even, y'know? :/

Gaps appear more illusional in this game but only at first glance. You're still going to see these characters :4diddy: :4sheik: :4zss: :rosalina: :4fox: :4luigi: :4yoshi: :4ness: :4pikachu: winning tournaments far more than the likes of :4lucina: :4kirby: :4drmario: :4dedede: etc, or even more than say :4villager: :4wario: :4pacman: :4megaman: :4falcon: and so on. I think there should definitely be gaps to separate that instead of arbitrary rules. As I mentioned previously, if we use your system, what's the difference between what you're suggesting and just doing an ordered list from first to last? Arbitrary tiering is totally useless, you don't argue a character is top tier because they're 'top 6', you argue they're top tier because their results are near the same level of those already IN the top 6 - or in other words, instead of having a top 6, we would now have a top 7. That's why these discussions are important. :)

And yeah, ZSS and Rosaluma do have bad MUs, but how positive and negative MUs affect your tier position is relative to the game, the rest of the cast. That doesn't mean they don't win far more than the lower tiers. :p

I don't see how relying on a decent kill throw is a bad thing. Two characters in this game have kill throws as their crux move, and at least 5 more have them as supplementary kill moves should the opponent live too long. Those things are legit man. (sorry though, don't mean to attack everything you're saying, just wondering how you come to this conclusion) :3
I'm gonna respond first about ROB: ROB is heavy, and so can benefits from rage more than M2, olimar and most of the other kill thrower. ROB has two good projectiles and many fast move. And prepatch most ROB player used to abuse these two strenghts, to the point ROB meta looks a little like : spam projectiles, then grab, then kill. It was overall as boring as diddy or ness. With the nerf it's only a good kill option if we can't land anything else past 140%.

About the tiers, currently the model we use is a mess and nowhere close to be unified. Is it bad or good idk? But, and i think i'm not alone, when i look at others tier list my first complain is that there is more space between the firsts and the lasts mid tier than between the firsts mid tier and the lasts High tier. Mid tier is BS in most TL, because any character which is not bad but not really seen in tournament, with the characters not bad but not good, and the characters pretty bad bud not so much are put there. And that's mostly because those who make TL want to keep high and low tier little.

For exemple
S::4sheik::4zss::4falcon::4pikachu::rosalina:
A:4diddy::4fox::4mario::4luigi::4sonic::4miibrawl:
B:4metaknight::4megaman::4greninja::4dk::4darkpit::4miigun::4peach::4pacman::4palutena::4alph::4robinf::4villager::4ganondorf:
C:4tlink::4link::4kirby::4wiifit::4wario::4yoshi::4lucario::4morton::4bowser::4rob::4shulk::4pit::4ness::4miisword::4mewtwo::4marth::4jigglypuff::4myfriends::4gaw::4littlemac::4falco:
D:4dedede::4drmario::4duckhunt::4charizard::4lucina::4zelda::4samus:

It's a standard TL, with awful things, and some randomness, but it looks like most tier list in the way character are disposed.
Now what i want to do is
Clearly dominant::4sheik::4sonic::rosalina::4diddy::4zss::4pikachu:
Others high tier::4fox::4mario::4luigi::4wiifitm::4metaknight::4miibrawl::4pacman::4falcon::4wario2::4pit::4yoshi::4rob:
Mid tier::4peach::4bowserjr::4dk::4falco::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4kirby::4lucario::4megaman::4marth::4mewtwo::4miigun::4palutena::4ness::4olimar::4robinm::4shulk::4villager:
Low tier::4bowser::4charizard::4drmario::4duckhunt::4lucina::4link::4littlemac::4samus::4zelda::4miisword::4dedede::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4tlink:

every thing below high tier lack regular tournament results, and everything above low tier could theorically won a tornament when it's not already the case (custom on obviously). It's not a good TL, but by using a big high tier and a big low tier i avoid sub tier and a lot of arbitrary judgment.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Yeah, it's certainly a bigger nerf. They probably did it just to make Mewtwo's uthrow seem stronger in comparison, instead of giving Mewtwo an actually powerful throw while keeping ROB the same.

Point is that Falcon wasn't left untouched though. They nerfed his back throw a little bit too.
Ah, my bad. I totally forgot the down angled fsmash nerf and I didn't know his bthrow got nerfed.

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
I used ti be a ROB doubter, then I saw what he can do in the right hands. Dthrow to uair is just stupid. I think the nerf wasnt really needed but I hardly saw it get used as a kill move, more often I saw it used as a differen setup into uair. But I guess Sakurai believes kill throws are for psychics only.

Edit: On the topic of tier lists, when we say top 10, thats hardly an actual cutoff point. Maybe its an American thing but its mostly just a phrase to mean elite. Base 10 is where its at man. In reality our top 10 is like 16 strong, probably ending around ROB, although Id bet you could find people who think MK or the Pits are there too.

Wherever we put a tier gap at is going to be arbitrary, cases could be made for 8 tiers as well as 4, depending on how critical we want to be. But all tier lists are gonna look silly to someone. A month ago I had ROB under half the cast and G&W in bot 5, then people did work and educated me (Songun G&W is beautiful). In another month who knows whose going to show up, but its going to make us look dumb.

Last edited:

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
We should not forget rage is still something: i used to kill luigi at 110% with 120% rage, and now it's 130% more or less, and it's not such a big deal. And ROB still have kill moves in Uair and Bair and Dair ( the sakurai and 180° hitbox is something we should learn to use) and SideB. And ROB has some free gimp with the gyro and laser, while having one of the best recovery of the game custom on, making his offstage game way better.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Considering ROB had, and still has one of the better neutrals in the game, the nerf was completely justifiable. His projectile walls are no joke. If he takes the first stock, walling someone out with gyros, lasers and his meaty as hell Nair until he can get a enraged Dthrow> Uair or Uthrow kill confirm is definitely still a viable option.

Last edited:

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
We should not forget rage is still something: i used to kill luigi at 110% with 120% rage, and now it's 130% more or less, and it's not such a big deal. And ROB still have kill moves in Uair and Bair and Dair ( the sakurai and 180° hitbox is something we should learn to use) and SideB. And ROB has some free gimp with the gyro and laser, while having one of the best recovery of the game custom on, making his offstage game way better.
More importantly imo is that if you need that throw to get the kill, youre doin something wrong. Once you start fishing youve lost, youre no longer playing the game that got your opponent into the death range and all they have to do is jab instead of shield. You can see it happen all the time with kill throws. Fishing catches you smashes, not stocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom