• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
There must be another way than developing a metagame around one, new Meta Knight.

This is critical. We can't just give up and assume that our mental ability will revolve around a single character.

Customs would be a great place to start.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Right now I'm not confident with timing and landing neutral airs on ZSS properly. I want to sit down at some point and practice against the various heights of characters to consistently get the second frame hitbox that has a lot more horizontal range. It's slower start up than I'm used to (10 frames) is also awkward so I'd say having the CPU set to walk or jump at some point after comfortability will be good.

Ditto to Zair. Can I ever get it on short characters? What heights do I need to be at for the various distances to reach people?

I also want to be able to b-reverse 'backwards angled' Up-Bs and Down-B's. Up-B's because cross over OoS (or from backwards uairs) is good, the optimal angle (you have 3 choices) is usually neutral or backwards, so without being precise you'll b-reverse forward up-b usually whiffing later hits, or not turn around and hold backwards and 1/50 attempts will hit them anyway (*last game of larry against nairo*). Down-B because the two kicks and the facing of ZSS is kinda important if you're able to pick one or the other in a situation rather than just the one.

Down Smash and Laser 'knock back' comboing practice (rather than hitting them in the stun).

Can I do low percent combo extensions into zair or ftilts?

Need to be more comfortable on counter picks like Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd. Don't want to awkwardly SD or something.

On G&W I really need to look at how his bucket gives him momentum in the air and how long the move lags for/etc.

I guess that's kinda labby but also just a lot of practice stuff. It's more of a to-do-list than something I've done yet.
So going into the lab means practice stuff you've not mastered yet? Guess for me that would be getting the timing down for SoL so it comes out bellow the apex of a SH and improving my U-air accuracy (have i mentioned its an awesome move? :awesome:) and D-air gimps. Actually there's alot of stuff I need to practice. Dammit @ Shaya Shaya you got me to not give up on Swordfighter

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's like asking questions about your character then spending time playing (often alone) to figure it out.
Making discoveries then trying to test them further.

I labbed Marth's neutral air in Brawl hardddddddd, that's how I discovered it's super sweet spot on the second swing ;)

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
It's like asking questions about your character then spending time playing (often alone) to figure it out.

I labbed Marth's neutral air in Brawl hardddddddd, that's how I discovered it's super sweet spot on the second swing ;)
Yup. Some of the frustration of players who main lesser-played characters comes from the feeling that their character is 'ignored'. That their main may possibly be super super good, but nobody is helping develop their meta. It can feel frustrating for sure.

If you play for fun and don't mind the losses, then take it easy. If you play to win, though, and are giving yourself the honourable difficult task of, say, winning tournaments with DeDeDe - then you have to accept that it's going to be a lot harder than if you chose to main Yoshi or Fox. You have to lab so hard you make up for the lack of 100 other players helping you lab. This should be fine with you, as you're already confident in the reality of your quest. You chose it, and you own it.

The issue is when people aren't cool with the difficulty of their quest, and burden others by making them feel like crappy players for choosing more proven characters. If your goal is to main a lesser-played character, then cool, but your goal should NOT be to shove it in people's faces and show them all how lame they are for maining Sheik or ZSS. That ain't cool and de-honours your whole quest.

By taking a more difficult quest, it's assumed you'll enjoy the potential reward and glory if you succeed. That's your drive. But part of embarking on an honourably difficult quest is being humble and respectful enough to tip your hat to fellow travellers whom are on different quests.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Making discoveries then trying to test them further.

And then Sakurai discovered it and decided it was too strong. So was a single low jump fastfalled FAir, apparently.

I mean, I don't like Marth (and hated fighting him in Brawl) but I can sympathize with overtuning like the latter. That's just dumb.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yup. Some of the frustration of players who main lesser-played characters comes from the feeling that their character is 'ignored'. That their main may possibly be super super good, but nobody is helping develop their meta. It can feel frustrating for sure.

If you play for fun and don't mind the losses, then take it easy. If you play to win, though, and are giving yourself the honourable difficult task of, say, winning tournaments with DeDeDe - then you have to accept that it's going to be a lot harder than if you chose to main Yoshi or Fox. You have to lab so hard you make up for the lack of 100 other players helping you lab. This should be fine with you, as you're already confident in the reality of your quest. You chose it, and you own it.

The issue is when people aren't cool with the difficulty of their quest, and burden others by making them feel like crappy players for choosing more proven characters. If your goal is to main a lesser-played character, then cool, but your goal should NOT be to shove it in people's faces and show them all how lame they are for maining Sheik or ZSS. That ain't cool. We're all playing the game in the way that synergizes best with our temperament, discipline, and specific passions.
I'm totally cool with it. I know my character is booty in a lot of ways, and I certainly don't begrudge people that play better characters than mine.

I just think we need to draw a line at that last point: Playing the game how we wanna play it, based on our own ****.

So, I think we've come full-circle here.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Yep you did:

"*edit* i guess everybody has to be the bad guy at some point lol
its okay if you dont agree with me conda and if you feel im wanting to spread some mis information witch if u honeslty think im doing well i feel like i just wasted 200+ pages on here, pick a top tier is you wana win deal with it, i have what i cant stand is people devaluing peoples work with other characters witch set me off. if you think we should start doing soo (witch i dont think u do, unless i greatly missinterpreted u) ill just i dunno go?"

There? Also are you seriously going to accuse people of not reading your posts properly when you write them so sloppily they are barely comprehensible in places? You shouldn't. If the above wasn't you trying to imply that what Conda was saying was devaluating other peoples work then you don't know what you are writing. I get that you also said that he didn't mean to do so. But you still said he was doing that in practice, whether you meant to or not.
where did that say conda did that?
that post was about some one else i never said Conda did anything in that sentence.

@ Conda Conda just cuz i feel the need to now since i have to say it that one sentece was not about u that was high lighted its was some one else i even clarified last page by someone else saying what post it was. sorry if u missed that. also on that note i never said youdid anything really? u were the one that accused me becaue of my post towwards another person witch u did not read nor get the full story off of.

some one devalued another work by saying hes masocistic why bother suffering with a bad character.

I never gave some "go git em" pet talk or anything find the post for me please if i did. i am optimistic and i do look at other characters BUT im not a meta denier witch i just dont get how some off u got. but whatever...ill apologize because i know I got much to emotional even though for other reasons. But what ever lol

baiscally im just saying iv never dissagreeg with anything u ever said in the first place i was just makeing it clear that there is always exeptions outside the box.
some people cant just move onto other characters was My original point Granted i DID rail off.

just alot of the times i was greatly confused cuz u missed the point of my post. I really even main a heavy so when i used that as an example i was confused as to why u though i was frustrated about heavys and such it says i main pit at the bottom there.
well i do main samus too. but dk is just a character i lab alot.
other than that i just dont get why u kept on going on about we did not design the game how it is and we aint spreading no mis info when i was doing no such thing. just kinda felt like i was being judged before listened 2.
....i have issues at home with that..

Last edited:

Conda

Call me Cobbs guys, conda feels awkward and was a random one I chose a looong time ago. :)

No mo' fighting. We all be coo'.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Call me Cobbs guys, conda feels awkward and was a random one I chose a looong time ago. :)

No mo' fighting. We all be coo'.
i was not really fighting more like apologizing and clarifiying miss conceptions and feelings...

my horomones today... ugh somthing else ill tell u.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
@ something Cobbs said pages back along the lines of "the meta will become which characters can go toe to toe with an optimally played diddy"

The meta will not stay like this. The meta will undoubtedly become "which characters can go toe to toe with the characters who go toe to toe with Diddy?" Maybe Falcon has a very good matchup against Sheik, who in turn beats OR is more popular than Diddy. Maybe Diddy:ZSS is 70:30, but ZSS has a slight advantage over Sheik and Falcon. I can see the top few characters being the only tournament viable ones but I don't think it will come down to who can compete with Diddy, rather who can compete with all viable characters.

Results from this weekends big tourneys (spoiler: Diddy wins):
http://paragon.challonge.com/orlando_2015_smash4_singles
http://challonge.com/FBSSB4Singles

No order within tiers, based roughly on my earlier post and Shaya's too.
Top::4diddy::rosalina::4sheik::4sonic::4zss:
High::4darkpit::4jigglypuff::4luigi::4mario::4olimar::4peach::4wario2::4yoshi::4pit::4falcon::4fox::4tlink::4ness::4pikachu::4lucario:
Upper::4bowser::4dk::4duckhunt::4greninja::4myfriends::4miibrawl::4rob::4robinm::4villagerf::4link::4littlemac::4ganondorf::4wiifit::4zelda::4metaknight::4palutena::4megaman::4dedede::4samus::4bowserjr::4charizard::4marth:
Lower::4drmario::4falco::4lucina::4gaw::4kirby::4miigun::4miisword::4pacman::4shulk:

I'm curious about the following:

WFT in Upper tier, Yoshi not in Top, and Pac man + Shulk in lower.

Otherwise, looks really good actually.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I'm curious about the following:

WFT in Upper tier, Yoshi not in Top, and Pac man + Shulk in lower.

Otherwise, looks really good actually.
Wft has shown examples of spacing and neutral game can get her far. her edge game shows competence are is hard to punish with out serious risk. and simply have fast (enough) options to take care of herself. along with a decent projectile.

yoshi on the other handdid not bring much to the table this time around when dealing with top tiers his options are just 2 open / failable and its once again being proven that shielding is an extreamly strong option against yoshi since his grab is still super risky.
put in a punishable dash attack. (geez louise you get weaknesses) but once again i dontthink the yoshi we saw the past 2 days were all that spectacular.
as for pac man its really the same shtick over. Having a grab as punishable as that make shielding and even stronger option than it is against yoshi.
and shulk? his arials just dont cut it for on stage play snce his jumps are so un safe. he has to commit toto many thinks so it can just be rough for him jab being his only good normal can be abusable and he just get ran circles around when it comes to speedy characters like mario,sonic,pika, and shiek.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I think when watching the tournaments this past weekend, a lot of us assumed that, because Diddy has this reputation as possibly the top character in Smash 4, people would have been practicing their anti-Diddy strategies in full force in the weeks before Apex. However, in his interviews at Paragon Mew2King attributed part of his 1st place finish to his opponents just not having sufficient matchup knowledge against Diddy.

The specific example he gave was that he was able to get three up airs after a down throw at 0% against all of his opponents, which according to Mew2King is only possible if Diddy's opponent keeps DI-ing the wrong way, which is behind Diddy. This nets a free 29% on any opponent. He explained further that DI-ing behind Diddy is good for avoiding up air at kill percentages, but that at lower damage you should be DI-ing upwards so that Diddy can get one up air, tops. It's very possible that the seeming invincibility of Diddy's options comes a lot from opponents not knowing what to do (insufficient experience), rather than there not being any answers.

Conda

I've been in these parts for so long, so I'm gonna put down my pre-emptive tier list. No scientific data makes this tier list super credible and useful. :dedede:
I'm usually against tier list posts, but I owe myself just this one, I've waited long enough. :p

Tiers are not a factor as to what character will win a tournament, but rather how dependable I find their moveset/traits to be for consistent solo-use results in competitive play. My judging tends to focus a lot on the options a character has during a fight, and in different situations.

Tiers go from Top to 1-3. 3 is NOT 'bottom tier'. I don't think there will be a 'so freaking bad' tier in Smash 4, at least for the next year or so. I think the tiers above do what those in '3' do, but better.

No ordering within tiers.

:rosalina::4diddy::4zss::4sonic::4sheik:

:4darkpit:/:4pit::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4falcon::4ness::4fox::4jigglypuff::4luigi::4yoshi::4gaw::4lucario::4olimar::4wario::4robinm::4rob:

:4charizard::4dk::4bowserjr::4megaman::4shulk::4mario::4metaknight::4samus::4greninja::4wiifit::4falco::4duckhunt::4myfriends::4kirby::4link::4tlink::4villager:

:4bowser::4littlemac::4dedede::4zelda::4ganondorf::4marth::4lucina::4drmario::4palutena:

Statements:

Yes, I think MK is good. Think of him like a brawler archetype if you find his range to be poor, he still has good moves and, once we see his playstyle adjusted, I think he'll have what it takes to be a versatile fighter that can go up against top-tiers by virtue of multiple jumps, quick aerials, and good grab game - these give him options, which to me makes him have potential.

Move along now. Back to the discussion :p:happysheep:

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I've been in these parts for so long, so I'm gonna put down my pre-emptive tier list. No scientific data makes this tier list super credible and useful. :dedede:
I'm usually against tier list posts, but I owe myself just this one, I've waited long enough. :p

Tiers are not a factor as to what character will win a tournament, but rather how dependable I find their moveset/traits to be for consistent solo-use results in competitive play. My judging tends to focus a lot on the options a character has during a fight, and in different situations.

:4darkpit:/:4pit::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4falcon::4ness::4fox::4jigglypuff::4luigi::4yoshi::4gaw::4lucario::4olimar::4wario::4robinm:

:4charizard::4dk::4bowserjr::4megaman::4shulk::4mario::4metaknight::4samus::4greninja::4wiifit::4falco::4duckhunt::4myfriends::4kirby::4link::4tlink::4villager:

:4bowser::4littlemac::4dedede::4zelda::4ganondorf::4marth::4lucina::4drmario::4palutena:

3 is NOT 'bottom tier'. I don't think there will be a 'so freaking bad' tier in Smash 4, at least for the next year or so. Those in tier '3' are still viable, but are imo less wise choices for competitive 1v1 play.

Statements:

Yes, I think MK is good. Think of him like a brawler archetype if you find his range to be poor, he still has good moves and, once we see his playstyle adjusted, I think he'll have what it takes to be a versatile fighter that can go up against top-tiers by virtue of multiple jumps, quick aerials, and good grab game - these give him options, which to me makes him have potential.

Interesting! But I'm curious as to why Robin is in 1? Seems like he'd be a mid tier somewhere in 2
Even more so G&W

Last edited:

Conda

Interesting! But I'm curious as to why Robin is in 1? Seems like he'd be a mid tier somewhere in 2
I believe that he'll become a threat again once people play him at a higher level. Nobody is really doing that yet, not really even Nairo. There's so much room for him to grow, like MANY characters in my tier 1 and 2 that account for their placement. This is an important factor to keep in mind, and my tier list as a result does have an element of 'future-accommodation' built in. Nairo believes Robin is high for sure, but is super hard to play, and that's exactly how I feel.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I believe that he'll become a threat again once people play him at a higher level. Nobody is really doing that yet, not really even Nairo. There's so much room for him to grow, like MANY characters in my tier 1 and 2 that account for their placement. Nairo told me he believes Robin is high for sure, but is super hard to play. This is an important factor to keep in mind, and my tier list as a result does have an element of 'future-accommodation' built in.
Ah. And that's exactly what I like to see. A tier list based on potential rather than the tunnel-vision, "what seems good right now"
Edit: I'm also curious why G&W is in tier 1. I want him to be good, but what do you see?

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Robin has a chaingrab? What?

Also the past few pages have had some hideously useless (and yet long) posts come on guys

Conda

Ah. And that's exactly what I like to see. A tier list based on potential rather than the tunnel-vision, "what seems good right now"
That's how I see the game. The meta is young, but when I work in the lab I see things in characters that just 'click', and my observer-status while playing Smash (I commentate and watch more than I play) gives me a less attached perspective to character potential.

Basically, for Robin (but many others) - high skill level requirements does not a bad character make, it just means he won't come into his own for a while.

I feel he's a heavy in a swordsman's clothing, but with options. He's got the command grab, he's got the heavy hits, and he's got the shield pressure - all hallmark aspects of the big fat heavies. But he's lighter, and has good projectiles. He's got a lot going against him, but he gets massive reward on hit and has fantastic ascension/descending properties that I believe will help him be mobile, even though his run speed is pootie.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789

Tiers go from Top to 1-3. 3 is NOT 'bottom tier'. I don't think there will be a 'so freaking bad' tier in Smash 4, at least for the next year or so. I think the tiers above do what those in '3' do, but better.

:4darkpit:/:4pit::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4falcon::4ness::4fox::4jigglypuff::4luigi::4yoshi::4gaw::4lucario::4olimar::4wario::4robinm:

Statements:

*ganons low muble grumble*

But honeslty im quite puzzled by ur placement of bowser and marth/lucina care to explain?

Also as a pit main mhat makes u think pits just below the top tiers

Conda

*ganons low muble grumble*

But honeslty im quite puzzled by ur placement of bowser and marth/lucina care to explain?

Also as a pit main mhat makes u think pits just below the top tiers
My placement for Bowser is due to me feeling the other heavies, while sacrificing some of Bowser's punch, are more secure in their versatility and options. Bowser can get predictable and doesn't have too many surprise options, especially in the air. This is important in many matchups, and a top-level player who wants to take advantage of Bowser's weaknesses can very easily. I feel this is harder to do against DK (speedy attacks) and Charizard (superarmor, amongst other things).

Bowser is solid, but I think the other heavies have a better chance at providing consistent threat levels at a tournament, without a super-effective counter strategy for opponents to bank on.

For Marth/Lucina, it's simple - I think other characters do their job better, with more landing/trapping options and more ways to adjust to possible counter strats.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Statements:

Curious about your thoughts on Mega Man and Bowser in particular. Moreso Mega Man, though I find it interesting that Bowser's down there with Dedede and Ganondorf when he's usually been considered the heavy just behind DK in most posts I've read in here.

EDIT: Well that answers Bowser.

Last edited:

Conda

Curious about your thoughts on Mega Man and Bowser in particular. Moreso Mega Man, though I find it interesting that Bowser's down there with Dedede and Ganondorf when he's usually been considered the heavy just behind DK in most posts I've read in here.
I wrote about Bowser right before you posted. :)

Regarding MegaMan, he's super solid. However, I'm not sold at all on his versatility and I think pressure can cause him to go off his game in a big way. Resetting to neutral is important for him, yet he can't force it against a large portion of the cast. His lemons are great and keep him up there, as the skill ceiling for their utilization is very high. This keeps him at a sort of 'mid' point, but skill can cause him to stand his ground and deal with pressure - exactly how others in that tier operate, I feel.

I think he has trouble being unpredictable, and he gets low reward from hits besides blade->followup in close range. But this is risky and MegaMan's options are punishable in the range he's strong in - mid range. Again, he's strong and I think he could take a large regional tournament when eventually played optimally, because his lemons could mean that much in interrupting any top-tier opponent, but I don't feel he capitalizes from them enough to really grant him a big enough one-up even when he does well. He has to play honest and play harder than his opponent.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
One of the top players in my area uses ZSS and I've faced off against him a couple times. My impressions of ZSS are that she has incredible mobility but commits to moves in a way that characters can punish her for and this prevents her from being in that top 5 region. Laser and downB can both be unsafe, especially against an opponent who is at close range can shield them. Her crazy Uair strings are painful, but some characters will reset to the ledge and now she has to work again to put them into the air.

Some characters will just win the neutral against her and overtake her. Because of that I feel she doesn't dominate the cast in the same way the others in that tier do (@ Conda Conda and @Pazx) and is closer to Yoshi levels of 'good'. :)

Conda

I'm so confused...I left G&W after the heartbreaking nerf, but COBBS still sees something in him.
I feel like G&W may still have a chance
Regarding G&W, he has options that offer large reward in multiple situations during a fight. He's not played optimally yet (GimR is kind of close, but no cigar yet as he's basically on his own). He has great tools, but they've yet to fully come together in a fight. I feel he'll be one of the 'hes light but it dont matter' characters in Smash 4, similar to Jiggly.

I feel he has great tools, and no real setbacks other than weight, which hasn't caused great characters to be unviable in the past (ie Jiggly). He's an all-rounder with tools that all-rounders would die to have.

Some characters will just win the neutral against her and overtake her. Because of that I feel she doesn't dominate the cast in the same way the others in that tier do (@ Conda Conda and @Pazx) and is closer to Yoshi levels of 'good'. :)
I was close to feeling that a few days ago, until I learned that she has attacks and abilities that are flat out better than most characters. It's up to a player to tie them all together, but if you're looking for a basic "this character has smash attacks, good tilts, a good recovery, a good projectile, good mixups, good kill power, good combos, etc", then ZSS is my go-to. She's my idea of an ideal all-rounder in Smash 4 who happens to be one of the fastest speedsters too, and one of the hardest-hitting characters in the game. She can do it all, but has so much more going for her than most of the cast.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
One of the top players in my area uses ZSS and I've faced off against him a couple times. My impressions of ZSS are that she has incredible mobility but commits to moves in a way that characters can punish her for and this prevents her from being in that top 5 region. Laser and downB can both be unsafe, especially against an opponent who is at close range can shield them. Her crazy Uair strings are painful, but some characters will reset to the ledge and now she has to work again to put them into the air.

She doesn't flat out lose to anyone and has one of the best sheik MU's. Her neutral isn't the best neutral in the game but her punish game might be and she is pretty good at getting out of disadvantous situations.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Regarding G&W, he has options that offer large reward in multiple situations during a fight. He's not played optimally yet (GimR is kind of close, but no cigar yet as he's basically on his own). He has great tools, but they've yet to fully come together in a fight. I feel he'll be one of the 'hes light but it dont matter' characters in Smash 4, similar to Jiggly.

I feel he has great tools, and no real setbacks other than weight, which hasn't caused great characters to be unviable in the past (ie Jiggly). He's an all-rounder with tools that all-rounders would die to have.
His customs seem like they can really improve his game too. Judgement goes from being pure luck, to a sheild pressuring monster.

Edit: that's if customs are ever allowed in the future

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I wrote about Bowser right before you posted. :)

Regarding MegaMan, he's super solid. However, I'm not sold at all on his versatility and I think pressure can cause him to go off his game in a big way. Resetting to neutral is important for him, yet he can't force it against a large portion of the cast. His lemons are great and keep him up there, as the skill ceiling for their utilization is very high. This keeps him at a sort of 'mid' point, but skill can cause him to stand his ground and deal with pressure - exactly how others in that tier operate, I feel.

I think he has trouble being unpredictable, and he gets low reward from hits besides blade->followup in close range. But this is risky and MegaMan's options are punishable in the range he's strong in - mid range. Again, he's strong and I think he could take a large regional tournament when eventually played optimally, because his lemons could mean that much in interrupting any top-tier opponent, but I don't feel he capitalizes from them enough to really grant him a big enough one-up even when he does well. He has to play honest and play harder than his opponent.
i totally get that very few player manage to keep thing fresh with bowser. those are the most effective ones to in my opinion.
But i cant wait for customs to be legal simply because bowser becomes one of the most hyper agressive playstles in the game.
Dash slash litterally fixes his main problems and boosts his strenghtsto unbelivable proportions.
Bowser with customs is litterally the strongest character in advantage iv seen his new found ability to chase opponents in the air and ground is absolute ly frighting iv had games where if get into advatage once and it was the end of that stock and trust me its not hard to get into advantage with dash slash. bowsers just on ur bumm one starts his combos witch look very similar to shiek really but way more devestating. sh dash slash- landing cuz no lag- full hop fair- to another dash slash- edge guard.

its so nasty.

Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rosalina has no business being in top 5 if we're to look at Sheik and Diddy as the baseline. Top 10 is much more accurate.

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Warning Received
lol I read the last 3 pages and the users who began the discussion werent even talking about if a low tier can win a big tournament. I think we all know that if you play solely to win, you have to pick the top tiers and nobody should be blamed for that.

However someone actually mocked a user for using a low tier, calling him a "machoist". That is kinda disrespectful for players who know their characters limitations and put effort into it regardeless, because of their passion or having fun in the competitive scene. It's like saying, "you are not right in the mind for using a low tier".
I can't understand your logic. But purposely limiting yourself at the character select screen is a handicap. Being loyal to a character is silly. You should play the characters that give you the best chances of winning. Top tiers give you that chance.

One of the worst things you can do is invest too much time in a low tier character. Take all that work and put it into a top tier and you got something. Being good with a bad character is kinda like pissing in the wind.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Statements:

Umm, you forgot ROB Lol

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I can't understand your logic. But purposely limiting yourself at the character select screen is a handicap. Being loyal to a character is silly. You should play the characters that give you the best chances of winning. Top tiers give you that chance.

One of the worst things you can do is invest too much time in a low tier character. Take all that work and put it into a top tier and you got something. Being good with a bad character is kinda like pissing in the wind.
Oh Come On @ Conda Conda see what i mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom