• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Board Specific Matchup Chart Project (Last Update: 12/21)- Not a tier list!

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
First of all, the square for Luigi vs. Yoshi is not filled in but Yoshi vs. Luigi is...(both do list it as an even match-up)

No agreement on Ganon vs. Mario (on the threads listed)
Ganons say 5-5
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162214
Marios say "overkill" (as in big advantage for mario)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155877

No agreement on Yoshi vs. Zelda (on the threads listed)
Yoshis say Zelda has a 65-35 advantage
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176831
Sheik forum (zelda/sheik matchup thread) says 5-5
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174741

Zelda specific forum doesn't have the matchup, unless you want to add this to your list of links:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/928518/52455
which is also in this post:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179712
and lists the match-up as "easy" for zelda

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well, I like this list and how it founded itself.

The only problem is the disagreement on match-ups, I don't think some people are going to back down unless enough people can convince them.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i think the bigger problem is how some boards have very inactive discussions or DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE (snake)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
also, for the pt column, you can probably put

mk>pt
marth>pt
gw>pt
yoshi=pt
falco>pt

pt doesn't have any hard counters, but a loooot of soft counters :\

edit i'm a ****** for double posting

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bah! I'm getting frustrated. I don't know what to do for the colorblind. :ohwell: Any suggestions?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I don't wanna sound like a total as$hole. But the majority of the people here aren't colorblind. One person should gather up with his/her colorblind friend and make an alt. chart together.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Bah! I'm getting frustrated. I don't know what to do for the colorblind. :ohwell: Any suggestions?
Symbols:

An X is a huge disadvantage

A Square is a slight disadvantage

A Dash is neutral

A Circle is Advantage

A Star is Huge Advantage

Problem solved.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I think Double +, +, =, -, and Double - is better

Thats what the SSB64 Matchup list did that I was referring to. Can't find it still though

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I kinda liked both those ideas....I shall combine them

X
Slash "/" or "\"
=
+
Star "*" or money sin ftw "$"

Go with the money......

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Or just leave it the way it is now

Are there any colorbling SWF members anyways...?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Symbols:

An X is a huge disadvantage

A Square is a slight disadvantage

A Dash is neutral

A Circle is Advantage

A Star is Huge Advantage

Problem solved.
I like this idea

Answer 2 spoiler: yes, and a few of them have complained about not being able to read the chart

would suck to be a colorblind olimar main^^
^^made me lol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to try not to say anything.

Everyone- I'm going to have the add the colorblind chart at the next update after the one I'm doing as you read this. It takes a long time...

Anyways, I'm almost done updating for today. Pokemon Trainer will be added to the mix as was requested.

I always put "new update" or "last update- X/XX" in the title.

~thanks

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Expect some Wolf match-up's to come sometime over the weekend. We're almost done with the top tiers and some other chars, so you'll have some other stuff to update

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

No and yes, there are in varying degrees. Really I find that level of insensitivity a bit disturbing.

Eh, there's enough differentiation that for most forms of colorblindness it's just more difficult to tell who's who. Even in that case, Red and Blue are the only ones which are differentiated by just colors.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No and yes, there are in varying degrees. Really I find that level of insensitivity a bit disturbing.
Don't get me wrong. It certainly wasn't meant to be an insult to any colorblind people. In fact, I was surprised to hear about that, since that thought...never crossed my mind...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
...update? *fails to see anything new*

Big plus sign across the middle? Update? Am I the one, whose eyes aren't working right???

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
MK v. Zelda is no worse than 60:40.... so says our charcter matchup thread... in fact, we have it listed as 55:45.... whether that's an overestimation or not... we contest that MK could ever be considered a "hard counter" for Zelda. 55:45, as we have it, would say even... though it could possibly go up to soft counter territory... MK just doesn't have a big enough advatage against Zelda to be 70:30 or more.

also... Ankoku's thread being called the main source for Zelda inforamtion is wrong... almost no zelda mains have been in that thread and ankoku himself not only is not familiar with zelda's matchups, but also doesn't care.

it's a good place for shiek information and the only place for Zelda/Shiek information... but it is not a reliable source for info on Zelda's matchups.

Hype

Smash Lord
how is MK vs Falco decided.

One Falco thread thinks it is 65:35 in MK's favour, Another Falco thread thinks it is 60:40 in MK's favour. Meanwhile the MK boards think its 50:50

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
MK v. Zelda is no worse than 60:40.... so says our charcter matchup thread... in fact, we have it listed as 55:45.... whether that's an overestimation or not... we contest that MK could ever be considered a "hard counter" for Zelda. 55:45, as we have it, would say even... though it could possibly go up to soft counter territory... MK just doesn't have a big enough advatage against Zelda to be 70:30 or more.

also... Ankoku's thread being called the main source for Zelda inforamtion is wrong... almost no zelda mains have been in that thread and ankoku himself not only is not familiar with zelda's matchups, but also doesn't care.

it's a good place for shiek information and the only place for Zelda/Shiek information... but it is not a reliable source for info on Zelda's matchups.
I use it for sheik, zelda, and sheik/zelda's matchups. My plan is...When the zelda boards finish a matchup, I change the chart to match the zelda board's thread instead of ankoku's. Fair enough?

Edit:
how is MK vs Falco decided.

One Falco thread thinks it is 65:35 in MK's favour, Another Falco thread thinks it is 60:40 in MK's favour. Meanwhile the MK boards think its 50:50
If they don't agree, I just don't put anything down.

Here's the exception, If one thread said 60-40 for MK and the other said 70-30 for MK, I'd put it down as just a regular disadvantage for falco because they both still agree that it's a disadvantage.

I encourage you to bring up the matchup in the MK boards to get them to change it to advantage MK. If they change it, I'll do likewise.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I use it for sheik, zelda, and sheik/zelda's matchups. My plan is...When the zelda boards finish a matchup, I change the chart to match the zelda board's thread instead of ankoku's. Fair enough?
hmm... well I suppose that is fair enough.... I mean really it'd be better to use the Zelda's whenever you could... since we ARE moving along on them... but, honestly our thread needs some work since the OP is more concerned with pretty pictures than helpful tips from others <_<
regardless.... MK isn't 70:30.... for now I'd put him as undecided or just split the difference and make him 60:40 because it is rather misleading to have him listed as 70:30

oh and, also, you don't have a snake matchup thread on your op.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Wario >> Ganondorf? I think the ganon community is going to do that match-up soon, but it's certainly not a big advantage like that, if only for the release grab ganon has on wario...

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
hmm... well I suppose that is fair enough.... I mean really it'd be better to use the Zelda's whenever you could... since we ARE moving along on them... but, honestly our thread needs some work since the OP is more concerned with pretty pictures than helpful tips from others <_<
regardless.... MK isn't 70:30.... for now I'd put him as undecided or just split the difference and make him 60:40 because it is rather misleading to have him listed as 70:30

oh and, also, you don't have a snake matchup thread on your op.
You got it ^_^
And certainly Zelda puts up a fierce fight against MK, her smashes and tilts AND her projectile help her a lot in this fight ^-^
Especially since a glide attack on a grounded Zelda is a death wish from MK :D
Although MK Up-B is too good D:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You got it ^_^
And certainly Zelda puts up a fierce fight against MK, her smashes and tilts AND her projectile help her a lot in this fight ^-^
Especially since a glide attack on a grounded Zelda is a death wish from MK :D
Although MK Up-B is too good D:
in all fairness.... the pictures are quite pretty..... but, also... distracting fromt he main point of the thread <_<

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
in all fairness.... the pictures are quite pretty..... but, also... distracting fromt he main point of the thread <_<
Yeah, I noticed that when I was scouting some information from that thread.

I believe that you shouldn't start making a thread look pretty until all of the information is there.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wario >> Ganondorf? I think the ganon community is going to do that match-up soon, but it's certainly not a big advantage like that, if only for the release grab ganon has on wario...
Just put the thread up, Ganondorf's next match-up thread is wario.

If only for the release it's probably not a hard-counter, but we'll see.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ask in the PT boards thread. I'm not sure where that came from.

Everyone-I'm almost done with a matchup chart in SBR tier list order! It looks much neater from what I can tell. I separated it by tiers too. I'll try to upload it when I get home.

It might have some errors though, cuz I just took the matchups from the current chart. It took a long time, so when I upload it, don't complain. If you could, look at your character and check if his/her matchups are correct.

Also, do you guys want me to update both the tier list ordered chart and an alphabetical ordered chart? Or just the tier list chart? Either way, It's fine.

~Thanks.

Top Bottom