• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Board Specific Matchup Chart Project (Last Update: 12/21)- Not a tier list!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol I already suggested this, DanGR said he liked the idea but he never got around to doing it...(probably cuz its too much work to search each thread to find the matchups they have and dont have on top of all the stuff hes already doin)
I did like the idea, but I decided not to go through with it for one reason. If all the spaces that aren't colored are turned gray, it'll look very ugly and harder on the eyes. I've got alternating light blue and light gray spaces there for a reason. ;)

I think once people look at it more than a few times they will have it memorized as well.

(not to mention the tier one is better for other things, where as the alphabetical is only better in the fact that it is easier the first couple of times you look at it.)
This's my mindset. ^_^b

Everyone- As you can see, the chart has been updated once again. I've decided that it is better for the smash community to become familiar with the tier list. As mentioned above,
-it will become much easier to view the tier list chart when you get used to it.
-It also has MUCH less strain on your eyes.
-It's also better for viewing a character's matchups against other characters in a certain tier,
-and for seeing different trends among the characters.

I've included the alphabetically ordered chart in the OP just above the tier list chart if you'd still rather view that one. This reduces clutter.

I'll still continue to update both for now. I still advise you to try and get used to the tier list chart. (Trust me, it's better in every way)

Also, I'd like to point out something that made me smile: Marth's matchups versus the high tier are finished. [it's beautiful. :)]

P.S- I'm still working on the colorblind chart.

Edit: also, please get your matchup chart makers to include Sheik/Zelda

+thanks for the ratings. It means a lot to me.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I think you need to "fix" the YOU/OPPONENT thingy on the bottom :p

Nonetheless, good job :)

Hoser

Smash Ace
I really like that thread, (I contributed to it) but it doesn't have any sort of difficulty rankings. If you could get him to add them in, I'd use it in a heart beat.
They're going to add numbers once all the characters are present in the topic.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^ nothing...I think they have it as a neutral. But 65:35 for Ganon is ridicoulus...

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Mario should have and advantage over Ness, Ness's Dash atk and Fair are the only things that I can think of that Ness really has against Mario. Ness has kill power but his only reliable ones are Bthrow and Fsmash. Mario can gimp Ness very easily and Mario is better at pressuring Ness than vice-versa. Mario's juggles are also near combos that can quickly rack up dmg on Ness. Fireballs are great for approaching Ness since Ness's PK Magnet is a free Dsmash and Ness's bat has too much startup lag most of the time. Also, any of Ness's moves that have priority are susceptable to FIHL. And Ness's PK Flash and PK Thunder are also too dangerous to use against Mario since FLUDD can grant free KOs from them most of time. PK Fire can be caped easily even while caught inside it. Mario's Fsmash has a lot more reach than Ness's and kills early.

Snail

Smash Lord
Mario should have and advantage over Ness, Ness's Dash atk and Fair are the only things that I can think of that Ness really has against Mario. Ness has kill power but his only reliable ones are Bthrow and Fsmash. Mario can gimp Ness very easily and Mario is better at pressuring Ness than vice-versa. Mario's juggles are also near combos that can quickly rack up dmg on Ness. Fireballs are great for approaching Ness since Ness's PK Magnet is a free Dsmash and Ness's bat has too much startup lag most of the time. Also, any of Ness's moves that have priority are susceptable to FIHL. And Ness's PK Flash and PK Thunder are also too dangerous to use against Mario since FLUDD can grant free KOs from them most of time. PK Fire can be caped easily even while caught inside it. Mario's Fsmash has a lot more reach than Ness's and kills early.
I dunno, discuss it in the Ness forums? This isn't really the place xD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
^ nothing...I think they have it as a neutral. But 65:35 for Ganon is ridicoulus...
Think about it, Ganon can safely poke captain falcon with dtilt, and most of his attacks outright beat Falcon's. Ganon's slow speed means little here because he's not forced to approach, and his attacks are signifigantly more powerful.

There's more, but in essence, Ganondorf has the advantage in the vast majority of situations, I explained it in far more detail on the Ganondorf boards.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I contibuted in that thread too but ... was merely ignored. Maybe you should read my posts too

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I contibuted in that thread too but ... was merely ignored. Maybe you should read my posts too
Sorry... oh yeah. Was associating you with your old avie.

My post was up for a while, and everyone sort of assented. I was expecting to be debated on it somewhat.

Regardless, I remember dealing with your key points in a general fashion as opposed to you by name (or anyone else). If you wanna re-open the issue it's still not old enough for ressurecting the thread to be an issue.

If there's something that was missed, I'd be glad to discuss it and make the match-up more accurate.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I am dissapointed you went with the teir version.

At list you left a link to the alphabetical one.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok, here's what I've been working on so far. You can see what I've tried to do with it. I included both with color and without. Thoughts?

Mmac

Smash Lord
The Yellow = Sign blends in way too much with the white background. You should change it to black

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Instead of going through the trouble of making two different charts: a color chart and a colorblind chart, make one chart that accommodates both. I like the idea of keeping the colored blocks, but add faint, transparent numbers over the top of each block. Make it a number system where 5= large advantage and 1= give up. For example:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Instead of going through the trouble of making two different charts: a color chart and a colorblind chart, make one chart that accommodates both. I like the idea of keeping the colored blocks, but add faint, transparent numbers over the top of each block. Make it a number system where 5= large advantage and 1= give up. For example:

that's hawt. gimme please. ^_^

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

I suggest black letters... or at least a much higher contrast like having black outlines and white letters, but yeah, this is much better.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
^^I suggest using black numbers for the yellow and green colors.
Yeah, I thought that too. But I tried it earlier and it looked absolutely horrible. The numbers have to be all one color, or else it's not going to work. The yellow might be somewhat hard to see, but I think it's still visible. The green four was my error, because it's opacity isn't set correctly. The version I send Danny should look better.

Anyway, the shadow helps show where part of the number is on the three. So, hopefully if done right, we don't have visibility issues.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I don't think you need that cause if its hard to see, then its yellow anyway.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I have a new version. Which do you like better, white or black?:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I still say black outlines with white letters or vice versa will show up best ;)

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Just for you Sonic:

White with a boarder = on top
Black = Right corner and bottom
White with shadow/transparent = left side

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Just for you Sonic:

White with a boarder = on top
Black = Right corner and bottom
White with shadow/transparent = left side
yay... you rock.... now I need to put it black and white to see if it's got readable contrast ^.^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Omfg...it's just getting better and better.

Can I have functional babies with you???

Top Bottom