• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Board Specific Matchup Chart Project (Last Update: 12/21)- Not a tier list!

.Marik

is a social misfit
Uhh.
Diddy does'nt go even with Metaknight.
Sorry.
And Kirby should have more Blue in his match ups.
These aren't based on people's opinions... rather, the actual outcomes of Tournament matches I believe...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
uggg... we have no icies thread? I kinda would have liked to se how they see their Zelda matchup since it's our thread's current point of discussion.... a lot of us see it as a big advantage for zelda... I'd like to see the other side of the coin.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I like this thing a lot more than the other chart. This chart doesn't look like **** and the match-ups seem to be more accurate.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
These aren't based on people's opinions... rather, the actual outcomes of Tournament matches I believe...
read the OP. It's based on the matchup threads throughout the character boards. Both boards have to agree. It's to ensure that there's no bias in the chart.

uggg... we have no icies thread? I kinda would have liked to se how they see their Zelda matchup since it's our thread's current point of discussion.... a lot of us see it as a big advantage for zelda... I'd like to see the other side of the coin.
There might actually be an IC thread. I'll look through their boards for one the next time I update.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
There might actually be an IC thread. I'll look through their boards for one the next time I update.
nevermind... we got some IC mains in our thread... they agreed on 70:30.... but we'll see what happens when ICs get an actual thread up

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
BTW... that gradual grading effect will be thrown off by Olimar, Zelda, Toon Link and DDD
That's bad? I always thought it was good to know where the exceptions are in such a chart. That shows you where the uncharacteristically good counters are. Because I guarantee you it means one character with generally bad match-ups is good against a character who generally has good match-ups, and therefore could be a good surprise counter.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, this is the new record- 5 days without an update.

And I have to say, it's really sickening seeing the big plus sign right through the middle of the chart.
Do you think that you'll organize this according to the tier list?
Yeah, It' gonna take a LONG time though. I haven't gotten to it yet...

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
According to the Fox Matchup Thread, Falco/Fox is listed as 3:7 Falco, you might want to see that ;)

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
The Lucas thread, with input from the G&W board, has gone with 20-80, in favor of G&W.

Yeah, worst matchup for Lucas. T_T

Mmac

Smash Lord
How about just putting +. -. and = symbols in the boxes, or make it like the SSB64 Matchup chart

Edit: Also, I think you should take off Yoshi vs. Zelda for now. We're still not sure of the matchup

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
the link v lucario stuff.
nah, it's fine. Just keep it up.

ganondorf matchup thread
should I take down the first linked thread I've got in the OP under ganondorf?

How about just putting +. -. and = symbols in the boxes, or make it like the SSB64 Matchup chart
Is there an official ssb64 chart? I've seen different ones, but not just one. Could you link it?
(I never played ssb64 competitively)

Edit: Also, I think you should take off Yoshi vs. Zelda for now. We're still not sure of the matchup
ok

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Mario does poorly against G&W in general, but the FLUDD severly limits G&W's approach. A good defensive Mario with the FLUDD can probally even up this match-up to 7/3 or even 6/4 in G&W's favor. G&W is hard, but I no longer think he's the impossible match-up everyone thought before.

PS: I don't think you guys really know how badly the FLUDD ***** G&W...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ZSS and Yoshi threads are no longer in agreement on the match-up. ZSS thread says even, Yoshi thread says Yoshi advantage.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Surprising.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yoshi has made massive advances to his metagame, it's not surprising that he'd get a few new advantages here and there.

There's always the question of whether it's justified, but that's for the boards to fight out, no?

edit: And it looks like it was the ZSS boards that made a change of opinion on it, when both sides initially thought it to be a yoshi advantage.

Mmac

Smash Lord
ZSS and Yoshi threads are no longer in agreement on the match-up. ZSS thread says even, Yoshi thread says Yoshi advantage.
Phootbag, the main reason that you went back was because you guys thought you found an escape to the chaingrab, but I proved already that not only that Yoshi can still Chaingrab her normally, but the escape itself has flaws when done successfully. Such as just simply regrabbing her and starting the cycle all over again, or even heavily punish it with a Smash attack

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Phootbag, the main reason that you went back was because you guys thought you found an escape to the chaingrab, but I proved already that not only that Yoshi can still Chaingrab her normally, but the escape itself has flaws when done successfully. Such as just simply regrabbing her and starting the cycle all over again, or even heavily punish it with a Smash attack
You've proven nothing except that you have questionable methods of proving things. And good luck punishing Flip Jump if I flipstool. Stop acting like you know more about my character than I do.

Mmac

Smash Lord
You've proven nothing except that you have questionable methods of proving things. And good luck punishing Flip Jump if I flipstool. Stop acting like you know more about my character than I do.
How did I not prove anything? I proved that Yoshi can Grab ZSS before she can recover from the grab release to do anything. I proved that even on a failed attempt, Yoshi can still grab ZSS before her Flip Jump animation is finished and can react normally. Plus isn't it impossible to do a regular Flip Stool if the character you are flipstooling is already in a process of an attack?

I'm not claiming that I'm a ZSS god, i'm just trying to defend a Chaingrab. Geez

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
How did I not prove anything? I proved that Yoshi can Grab ZSS before she can recover from the grab release to do anything. I proved that even on a failed attempt, Yoshi can still grab ZSS before her Flip Jump animation is finished and can react normally. Plus isn't it impossible to do a regular Flip Stool if the character you are flipstooling is already in a process of an attack?

I'm not claiming that I'm a ZSS god, i'm just trying to defend a Chaingrab. Geez
Of the claims you've made in that thread, two have been shown to be patently false, and your own testing methods to determine them have been shown to be flawed or even nonexistent. For me, this brings the veracity of all of your claims into question.

And you can flipstool people who are doing an attack. You can do it with normal flipstools, too. Flipstooling just has a larger hitbox.

Another option: Flip Jump backwards.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Of the claims you've made in that thread, two have been shown to be patently false, and your own testing methods to determine them have been shown to be flawed or even nonexistent. For me, this brings the veracity of all of your claims into question.
I know the first thing is with invincibility frames and has absolutely nothing to do with this matchup, but whats the mysterious 2nd thing?

And you can flipstool people who are doing an attack. You can do it with normal flipstools, too. Flipstooling just has a larger hitbox.
The only problem is that the flipstooling acceleration and height is cut in 2/3's of a regular footstool. You can't escape a Usmash with it. I just double tested right now and it's impossible

Another option: Flip Jump backwards.
It doesn't matter what direction you move, you'll still be regrabbed no matter what. not too sure about Usmash though

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Mmac, you've already been called out for bringing discussion of the match-up into a thread where it has no place. If you have any further objections, maybe you could just bring them back to the ZSS match-up discussion.

Top Bottom