• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Board Specific Matchup Chart Project (Last Update: 12/21)- Not a tier list!

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
It does Seperate them...

Also PT's have agreed on Yoshi = Charizard, Yoshi = Ivysaur, and Yoshi >> Squirtle
Ummm, no it definitely doesn't. It says Zelda/Sheik and doesn't have them singular. And why the hell are you telling me which Pokemon has the advantage or disadvantage against Yoshi?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
It does Seperate them...

Also PT's have agreed on Yoshi = Charizard, Yoshi = Ivysaur, and Yoshi >> Squirtle
The PT boards aren't very good in debating and settling match ups tbqh.. they said PT goes even with MK >_> Unless both boards agree I wouldn't take their word for it.

Not trying to trash them.. they just lack experience with other characters and high level of play.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
The PT boards aren't very good in debating and settling match ups tbqh.. they said PT goes even with MK >_> Unless both boards agree I wouldn't take their word for it.

Not trying to trash them.. they just lack experience with other characters and high level of play.
both boards agree

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I hate to call you out on this, Mmac, but I don't really agree with the Charizard and MK matchups being neutral...
Not to be the "what I say goes" guy.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meta Knight and Yoshi has pretty much agreed on a Neutral Matchup
Is this the general consensus across the boards now? I guess I'll add it.

That's why I take both boards' matchup threads.

Your matchup chart really reminds me of the kirby air ride challenge board.
Guys, like seriously- cut the spam. >_>

Edit: I stumbled upon this matchup thread for MK. I'll use it instead.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
don't ignore sonics matchups!!!!!
sonic vs mario nuetral. and it is consensus. check our matchup board

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Oh wait...
4.5:5.5 counts as neutral for this chart, correct?
In that case I'm willing to agree on an MK neutral matchup.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The Ike matchup chart that you are using is just a random one posted with no real pretext.

Later on in the same topic I posted a chart that more people agreed on and inputed for. Check that one out instead of the current one.

Edit: Not to say that the current one is bad, it just has some errors.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
hey DANGER

you can put

yoshi >> squirtle 75:25

yoshi = ivysaur 55:45

yoshi = charizard 45:55

olimar = ivysaur 50:50

olimar < charizard 40:60 (grudgingly)

olimar = squirtle 45:55

i recommend a pt column, in which case yoshi = pt and olimar = pt.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
don't ignore sonics matchups!!!!!
sonic vs mario nuetral. and it is consensus. check our matchup board
It's not the consensus of both boards' matchup threads.

Oh wait...
4.5:5.5 counts as neutral for this chart, correct?
In that case I'm willing to agree on an MK neutral matchup.
yeppers

The Ike matchup chart that you are using is just a random one posted with no real pretext.

Later on in the same topic I posted a chart that more people agreed on and inputed for. Check that one out instead of the current one.

Edit: Not to say that the current one is bad, it just has some errors.
It's updated regularly and it has discussion going on. If you don't like the matchups, then go to the thread and argue. If you've got a better thread that you can give me a link to, I'll look into it.

hey DANGER
you can put

lol, just call me Dan. You guys don't agree on the charizard v yoshi matchup. The others I'll change.

I'll bring up PT in my Olimar matchup thread once again. We need to finally get this settled.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Uh, actually we do. Kiwi is just confused and didn't think that 4.5 = Neutral

Charizard is ranked the same (4.5)

Snail

Smash Lord
hey DANGER

you can put

60-40 advantage for Charizard on Olimar? >_< I thought we pretty much established it was in Olimar's favour or equal... -runs back to Oli forums-

asob4

Smash Champion
it's oli's favor but i think it should be AT LEAST 65-35 >_>
and ivysuar should be 60-40 <_<

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
hey DANGER

you can put

Wait im confused, wouldn't that still make yoshi > pt or atleast 55: 45?

Yoshi's ivysaur match up and PT's charizard cancel each other out for neutral, but then yoshi trumps squirtle by a considerable margin, that would make it either an advantage or a 55:45 at least...

Just saying cus that crap is wierd.

Mmac

Smash Lord
So now that there is an "Official" Tier List now, are you going to rearrange it to match the Tier List?

Metaknight
Snake
King DDD
Mr G&W
Falco
ROB

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
DK
Diddy
Pikachu
IC
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zamus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Shiek

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Cptn. Falcon
Also I don't think Sheik/Zelda should be on there, but I say that Pokemon Trainer as an average should be

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
^I think I will. I'll be working on it as you read this post.

edit: No zelda/sheik? why not? Sheik has a hard time landing KOs on Jiggs and switching to Zelda makes it much more managable to kill. Neither have a decent advantage on her imo, but together, they do very well.

Edit 2: This is going to take a while. O_O

ugh, nvm. I can't do this right now. There's no telling how often they're going to change their list. I'll have to find some easier way to edit my chart.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
my bad i meant to switch the sign. olimar>charizard. why would i say grudgingly that charizard had the advantage? :laugh:

Wait im confused, wouldn't that still make yoshi > pt or atleast 55: 45?

Yoshi's ivysaur match up and PT's charizard cancel each other out for neutral, but then yoshi trumps squirtle by a considerable margin, that would make it either an advantage or a 55:45 at least...

Just saying cus that crap is wierd.
pokemon trainer hardly has to use squirtle. get a good hit in on yoshi if he's at high enough percent, or switch squirtle in when pt has high percent anyway so he's not hurting pt and ivysaur/charizard can play the next two stocks or whatever.

Mmac

Smash Lord
ugh, nvm. I can't do this right now. There's no telling how often they're going to change their list. I'll have to find some easier way to edit my chart.
Then I can. It shouldn't take that long for me.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok. So after getting frustrated with mmac's suggestion, I decided I'd make a lol list. It's a tier list based soley on this chart:

Big advantage-1.5
Advantage-1
Neutral-0
Disadvantage- -1
Big disadvantage- -1.5

Metaknight 18
Marth 11.5
Falco 10
Olimar 8
King DDD 5
Yoshi 4.5

High
Kirby 4
Diddy 3.5
Luigi 3
Zelda 2.5
DK 1.5
Lucario 1
ROB 1
Zamus 0.5

Middle

Wolf 0
Mr G&W 0
Snake 0
Samus 0
IC 0
Ness 0
Sonic 0
Bowser -0.5
Peach -1
Pikachu -1
Pit -1
Mario -1
Toon Link -1

Low
Lucas -1.5
Shiek -2
Link -3
Wario -3.5
Pokemon Trainer -4.5
Fox -6.5
Jigglypuff -7
Ike -9.5
Ganondorf -12.5
Cptn. Falcon -12.5

Now for more lols, I'll take these numbers and add/subtract from the sbr's list. The 37 for MK is his placing in the sbr's list. He's first of 37 characters. Snake is 2nd of 36 characters.

Metaknight 37+18=55
Falco 33+10=43
Marth 31+11.5=42.5
King DDD 35+5=40
Snake 36+0=36
Mr G&W 34+0=34
ROB 32+1=33

High
Diddy 27+3.5=30.5
Lucario 29+1=30
DK 28+1.5=29.5
Olimar 20+8=28
Kirby 24+4=28
Wario 30-3.5=26.5
Pikachu 26-1=25
IC 25+0=25
Pit 23-1=22
Wolf 22+0=22

Middle
Toon Link 21-1=20
Luigi 15+3=18
Zamus 17+0.5=17.5
Bowser 16+0=16
Zelda 18-2.5-15.5
Peach 14-1=13
Fox 19-6.5=12.5
Yoshi 6+4.5=10.5
Shiek 12-2=10
Ness 10+0=10

Low
Lucas 11-1.5=9.5
Mario 9-1=8
Samus 7+0=7
Sonic 5+0=5
Pokemon Trainer 8-4.5=3.5
Ike 13-9.5=3.5
Link 2-3= -1
Jigglypuff 4-7= -3
Ganondorf 3-12.5= -9.5
Cptn. Falcon 1-12.5= -11.5

Point? None really. It's just interesting to me.

Mmac

Smash Lord
O_o!

Wow... I would have never expected for Yoshi to be Top Tier....

I know it's not real, and incomplete. But ****! That just shows you how underestimated he is.

And I've been working on a compact version similar to yours. And it's going to follow the current Tier List in order. I reckon it should be done by about tomorrow

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I thought most Zeldas called MK equal.... I mean... I hate him... he's tough... but he's not awful... at least not in my experience... it's always a close match for me...

guess other results may vary... but I didn't know anyone even thought otherwise.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oh, and the Zelda / Sheik boards have agreed on Zelda = Yoshi and Sheik = Yoshi
I don't think I could dispute this.... I certainly wouldn't give yoshi the advantage... but I could see it equal.... I could also see it slight advantage Zelda/Shiek...

soo.... w/e the boards say there.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
pokemon trainer hardly has to use squirtle. get a good hit in on yoshi if he's at high enough percent, or switch squirtle in when pt has high percent anyway so he's not hurting pt and ivysaur/charizard can play the next two stocks or whatever.
That still does not add up.

Whether PT uses him or not Squirtle comes out.

If yoshi beats ivysaur by .5 and charizard beats yoshi by .5

Both 4.5:5.5 and charizard 5.5:4.5

They cancel each other out and make in comparison if it was just those 2, Neutral.
As yoshi would have a slight disadvantage vs 1 and a slight disadvantage against another

but you HAVE to add squirtle,because he HAS to come out.

You get 3 stocks normally which means if you want Charizard to be second so you can start of strong and avoid squirtle.

Ivysaur first, yoshi wins this, charizard comes out, he beats yoshi.
Neutral, 2 lives each.
Charizard can now try to switch to squirtle now and finish up with squirtle to restart fatigue and get ivysaur out, which means he's basically handing a stock to yoshi.

Squirtle trys to soften up a 0% yoshi yoshi CG squirtle, squirtle gets fair spiked from release and dies, yoshi is at what 30% at most?

Ivsaur comes out yoshi at 2 lives PT at 1, PT wins this won since it's only a slight disadvantage and yoshi has more damage, which means PT can switch to charizard to try and have an advantage, but it's only slight and char wouldbe at high yoshi wins.

The match would go like that if both were at equal skill and peak meaning yoshi practically won as soon as the match was decided.

Or maybe u never switch out squirtle keep in char, char dies, quickly switch to PT, yoshi gets a free attack on Ivysaur not a good way to start the match.

Im not saying Yoshi = automatic win.

However if yoshi+ ivy saur and char = Neutral, it cannot be anything less than 4.5:5.5 yoshi or 4:6 yoshi because like or not squirtle exists.

If your already saying it's 4:5:5.5 yoshi than I apologize but the match did not add up to me.

a neutral + a disadvantage doesnt = neutral >.>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmm...I thought this thread would be popular...

The way I see it, Yoshi has the advantage on PT if he's got a big advantage and two neutrals. w/e though.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I dun know.... yoshi has the advantage due to the CG.... but if squirtle switches in int he fashion mentioned... it's not a big issue... since squirtle could have really died from anything at that point... and might not even get CGd in that time

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
well, if squirtle is out enough for yoshi to just get 1 teeny weeny grab, yoshi wins that basically. simply because even at low percentages yoshi can still gimp the recovery of squirtle recovering from an F-spike.

even if the Pt user completely switches squirtle ASAP yoshi gets a free action on PT which is a disadvantage.

There is no advantage had to have to Fight disadvantages or Switch to neutral but let someone hit you first.

As such that would be an advantaged to yoshi still because he would force a switch, which in Pokemon is a good thing and in Brawl it's still a good thing.

I don't mean to turn this into a match up debate, I don't really care whether it's neutral or not if it indeed is, It's simply odd to call that a neutral match up if you basically are forced to switch and take a hit or stay and possibly be zero-to death in which case that free f-smash looks good because you may take 40% damage from the Grab release or whatever and then switch because your now in killing range or switchbefore and take 15% or more >.>

Whatever neutral match up I suppose I can kinda see how it leans that way, I wont bring it up again to plague anybody.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
you're kinda looking at it the wrong way.... that's like saying Zelda vs. ness should be a disadvantage because he can absorb din's.... just don't dins.... same case here.... just don't use squirtle

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
you're kinda looking at it the wrong way.... that's like saying Zelda vs. ness should be a disadvantage because he can absorb din's.... just don't dins.... same case here.... just don't use squirtle
But you ARE forced to use squirtle for a time, granted I don't think it's enough to give anymore then a 45-55 disadvantage.

If squirtle comes out due to a new stock, then if you change immediately, you should still be invulnerability frames (it's that way with Zelda).

The real disadvantage is mid-stock, when they're out of stamina, it forces you to wait until you can create a rather large opening before you can switch. It's a definate disadvantage, but not a massive one.

Top Bottom