• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Challenger Pack 11 Reaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So as for personal reactions to Sora, while not my favorite character, I'm glad ONE more of the major asks got to make it in. I'm glad it wasn't John Fortnite at least, lmao.

His Final Smash is okay. The Stage is pretty great though. Flashy, but not too distracting like Sephiroth's is. No cool gimmicks like Terry's or Kaz's but a really slick standard stage is fine with me too. 9 songs is a decent amount. I think his alts are pretty good too, for the most part. Kinda wish he had a green one or Master Form. Again, I didn't think Cloud could make it in, and I didn't think Sora could either, but here we are.

I WAS a little bit surprised he was the number 1 Ballot choice. There was so much competition from Ridley, K.Rool, and a lot of Ultimate's base roster I hadn't considered it. Not mention other third parties like Banjo and the Belmont clan.

Much like the last Season, the 2nd to last character, Mr. Fighting game man was my favorite, but to be honest, its gonna be hard topping a Tekken character for me.

I'm sure we'll see his Kirby Hat soon.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Not my personal choice but not disappointed; he seems cool and makes very many people happy. The stuff that comes with him is also cool.

I like his rubberhose alt. :p

When Sakurai said he wasn’t gonna show the final smash, I thought Donald and Goofy would be in it, but then he shows it anyway and nope lol.

Also, STEVE AMIIBO.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Idk man, it wasn't Cinderace like everyone wanted
Ngl, I was mad worried when that flame appeared and then had a complete 180 of emotions as Mario threw it and out emerged a most familiar looking key.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Summary:

Thought it was Dark Souls at first.

Sora. Huge get. Not for me.

"Smash ends lame" dead.

No Disney stuff. Expected.

Sora won the ballot. Believable.

Simple and Clean in the trailer, but not the game...smh

Disappointed by lack of any final extras. No modes. Echoes. WoL expansion.

Even the Mii costume selection was thin.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Excellent final character; not one I was super wanting, but one I can respect as fitting in perfectly, and that trailer and presentation was amazing. When Sakurai was closing it I actually teared up a bit, it feels like the end of a ride we've been enjoying for years.

Also KH music in that trailer fits so well and really adds emotion to this whole affair. Definitely a trailer I'll be watching multiple times.

q-long2

Smash Rookie
Anyone else feel really old?

I never played KH, but the trailer made me teared up. I remember speculating characters for SSBB back in middle school and being confused at Snake's reveal haha.

Reminds me of all the time I spent arguing about newcomers for Smash 4. Arguing with strangers in middle school about Isaac being in Brawl, Robin's reveal for Smash 4 during my college transfer orientation, checking my phone for Bayonetta's reveal before work, Smash Ultimate's trailer alongside a break up, starting a job alongside the Grinch leak, spending time here and seeing Isaac be deconfirmed, the DLC trailers and various relationships I been in and out of, and this trailer for Sora that coincided with a new job I started.

Trailer was awesome, it just reminded me I'm 28 now haha, good job to Mr. Sakurai and good job to all of you.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also if Sora is Sakurai's last addition to Smash. He literally did the most Sakurai thing ever and bowed out on a FAN BALLOT winner.

Like that kind of really says what Sakurai made Smash for. He always tried his best for the fans of every character even if sometimes it didn't feel like it.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Sora being the ballot winner - notice how nobody's raising an eyebrow or seems remotely skeptical. Goes to show it's actually the case this time.
I think Bayonetta could "win" the ballot on account of being the only "reasonable" request, since she was already being worked on.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Im honestly pretty proud of this post so i guess i copy it here:

So this is it eh! Honestly im Disapointed considering how this Presentation was called you would suspect something anything like a game mode some skins or heck even 1 mii costume for kirby yet nothing!
A lot of people may call me greedy but remember im a big fan of kirby and zelda 2 big nintendo households and what did i get:
1 Boring stage i never play on
2 costumes skull kid was fine but the yiga shouldve atleast been moblins
Young link returns who is just uneeded
Some kirby remixes from a unimportant kirby game
some rips
i guess some dlc mii costumes like sans and ahem nothing else really
And i guess i voted for steve on the ballot but i was still relativly young when that happend (also i think i voted for bwd too) and nowadays i dont care that much about steve aside from the fact that minecraft is great!
And on the other Hand i dislike the new Adult link, and miis cant be resized

I am happy for you believe me i am! But i just got basically nothing and my requests where really tame too!

Also: Atleast its kh1 sora i only watched an lp of the first one an rechain of memories

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There’s a reason they said Bayonetta was the realizable ballot winner back in 4

cuz the true ballot winner was… well…

I think the top three were

1. Sora
2. Bayonetta
3. King K. Rool
I think you're being generous with Bayo's rank there. Given she was top 5 in NA and I don't think they even bothered to say how she ranked in Japan.

Honestly I could see Snake being in the top three.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I woke up 10 minutes late so I had to watch the presentation a little late.

Thankfully, I kept a tab open of the stream just for this purpose and was able to sufficiently cover my eyes and rewind it to avoid being spoiled.

And thank god I didn't get spoiled. When I first saw that Keyblade, I was so excited I felt like a kid on Christmas.

I loved every part of the presentation.

Last edited:

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Crash, Phoenix Wright, Waluigi, Chief, Sora, and Doomguy I called the "The Overhyped Six." But seeing Sora, a character that I loved since KH first came out, someone I deemed impossible to even hope for, to the point that I hated every time he got bought up due to his hype and knowing it wouldn't come true. He was the final smasher this entire time.

I am so shocked and yet so happy. Not only because this confirmed my thoughts on the ballot, not only because the one character I thought Disney would never release got the golden ticket, NOT ONLY does this mean Sakurai can do the impossible, But, this means Crash, Rayman, and Waluigi are finished! I never have to worry about them being confirmed for Smash Until Smash 6 comes out if it ever does.

All in all, this was the perfect way to end the DLC run. I had already gotten what I wanted with Simon Belmont, Ken, and Inciniroar and continued to get it with Joker, Hero Terry, Byleth, Pythra, Kazuya, and now SORA?! I am so happy.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
all is forgiven sakurai. and by all i mean bayo

so this was my thought process. hmm a small flame kind of ambiguous. flies over the trophies, oh dont tell its actually master hand. back to the flame of wait it is cinderace hes gonna kick it the flame. why is it always mario getting hit? oh a flaming sword? who could that be? hidden mickey, no! he appears, is this for real? is he trolling us? is some else gonna knock him away? splash art: YES!

oh man i am so hyped, i thought it was gonna be someone low key and im glad to be wrong. id also like to note that sakurai has now admitted he lied about bayo winning the ballot so i feel a touch vindicated seeing as believe that to have been nonsense for years. sure music and spirits are a little small but its all so good i dont care. simple moveset but awesome none the less. simple stage but im gonna use it all the time. sorry B&K, min min and seph but ive a new favourite dlc character. 19th cant come soon enough.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sora being the ballot winner - notice how nobody's raising an eyebrow or seems remotely skeptical. Goes to show it's actually the case this time.
I think Bayonetta could "win" the ballot on account of being the only "reasonable" request, since she was already being worked on.
Well even the way they stated it back then indicated she wasn't the actual most requested character.

Sora is believable as the winner. He has strong worldwide popularity that dates back a couple games, Nintendo association, and is the face of a big, successful series.

Dukefire

Smash Master
For the other characters that were a spirit, Assist Trophy, or didn't make it at all. Remember that there will be another chance in new smash bros title. Right now, a lot of people wanted closure for Ultimate to end and we got it. Waiting is going to be hard for another title, but savor the moments here and now. You don't know what you miss until you do miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom