• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Oh I see, that's ok dude. Just finished a late dinner, now it's time to try this out :D

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
i must say the sheathed sword roy looks pretty ba. and i had an idea since 2 common roy moves use fsmash animation, how about you make the 4th down hit ded the fsmash animation (since it rarely gets used anyway) im throwing different animations out there b/c i want EVERYONE to see him as ROY, not a marth clone (rarth.) i want roy to be as unique as possible.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
@Nxtgenfalco: Eh...it would look cool...but fsmash was and is such an integral part of Roy's game. Roy does have to be unique, true, but I don't agree with you on that fsmash has to be replaced. It's borderline ludicrous--we're talkin about ROY here lol. Also, remember that Roy's entire base moveset was essentially a clone of Marth's (obviously with timing/power/effect modifications). With that said, I think we should wait until we can have inter-character move swaps and put some of Ike's shiz in :D

@Camelot: Impressive job on the touchups gameplay wise. I'm loving the extra height on blazer--it definitely compensates for Roy's super fast falling speed. His DED still feels clunky, but that's fine--the "heavy sword" feeling is definitely there. Also, it is noticeably easier to combo with. I liked everything else that you addressed in the rundown regarding gameplay tweaks.

Cosmetically speaking, I have to go with Shadic on this one and say nay. The transition from unsheathed to sheathed isn't smooth enough--too sudden. Unless you find a better animation showing the sheathing, I'd say steer clear of this. As for the heroic standing pose, it's kind of funny lookin. It's not bad, it's just lol...and a bit Marthy (the standing pose is...feminine...). I personally liked the default stuff better. I think, for now anyways, V10 is probably the best way to go.

@Wander: Could you please release a .pac with your dtaunt/victory pose changes on Camelot's latest .pac (version 10, not 9)?

Here's the link with your changes: http://www.mediafire.com/?q2mmw4lugdm

Here is Camelot's latest .pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y2rnmyy1d2z

I'm sorry, I know you said you wouldn't make adjustments to every .pac Camelot released, but it's been awhile since we've had those changes. I'm personally requesting you to please make an alternate .pac. Please? I'd be grateful. :)

timothyung

Smash Ace
Wait you buffed his recovery? >.> He is a super fast faller meaning that Roy can SHFFL really fast, making him a beast on stage. He should be weak offstage, and he already gained that DED recovery...
And Roy clearly is supposed to be for Brawl+, where hitstun exists. You don't need to change DED because it doesn't work it vBrawl... or, he needs a different pac for vBrawl

Xis66

Smash Cadet
I seen That model before, I have Melee and still play often Roys height wasnt that much shorter than Marth but the cape things cool! Can anyone confirm or deny the cape being done through texturing like Zeldas and Peachs Dress?

This is awsome I must try out this new pac! The pose thing sounds cool and wierd but I like different though like I said I respect the "lets make Melee Roy" but Marth got different speeds and tweeks since Melee I mean think about it Falcon and Gannon are def completly different characters now what if they gave Roy the same treatment? But I DO love Roys thus far being the tipper and such.

I also second Wander if you can do the taunts to the pac(s) I like them even if they're incomplete, they arent"Marth's" animations thats all I need! And a suggestion, for sheathed Roy his intro could be his side taunt?
I hope everyone experiments with different animations and poses for these stances and taunts. The stance used woulda been my suggestion.

Oh yea, since theirs two pacs now, when ever Camalot makes another pac is going to make one with the stance and one without? Because I like the stance and the whole idea of the sheathed thing. Sound effects are awsome too!

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
@Wander (and/or Camelot): Could you please release a .pac with the dtaunt/victory pose changes on Camelot's latest .pac (version 10, not 9)?

Here's the .pac with dtaunt/victory pose changes: http://www.mediafire.com/?q2mmw4lugdm

Here is Camelot's latest .pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y2rnmyy1d2z

I'm sorry, I know you said you wouldn't make adjustments to every .pac Camelot released, but it's been awhile since we've had those changes. I'm personally requesting you to please make an alternate .pac. Please? I'd be grateful. :bee:

CriticalAcclaim

Smash Rookie
This is sweet, I'll have to wait until you nice people get the costume change thing figured out though. Roy is God tier but I don't want to get rid of marth either, since I do play brawl+ regularly

Wander

Smash Journeyman
@Bankai: I'm going to wait until Camelot releases his next version, then I'll try and make the changes to that one. I don't know how far along he is right now, so I don't want to put anything out that will be replaced soon. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this project, and I will -definitely- put the taunt/pose changes on the final version.

camelot

Smash Ace
Hmm, well, what's left to do? Might have a "final" version soon.

Bankai, could you post that "to do" list? I know one thing was to make his Flare Blade have 10% recoil on full charge, and one was to change the multiplier on his Counter, but what else was there?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hmm, well, what's left to do? Might have a "final" version soon.

Bankai, could you post that "to do" list? I know one thing was to make his Flare Blade have 10% recoil on full charge, and one was to change the multiplier on his Counter, but what else was there?
make it so he yells more perhaps? not sure if its possible tho. Ive tried and couldn't make it any louder.

camelot

Smash Ace
To make it louder, just have it play the same sound twice. That's what I did for the last hits of DED, the hit sound wasn't loud enough, so I had it play twice.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
Aerials:

-Nair could be slightly slower.

Ground:

-Melee Roy had a tad bit more end lag on utilt.
-Not sure if fsmash is faster in Brawl+...it seems that way, but that may be due to the sword sfx.

Specials:

-DED is just about right...though it feels slightly slower in Brawl+ than in Melee.[/B]

Miscellaneous:

-Gravity is fine.
-Is run speed too fast? Might be just me :confused:
-Work on/refine frame speeds (now possible using PSA, yaaay!)

General Stuff:

-Modifications to sword swing sounds ALONG with striking sounds
-Counter damage multiplier needs adjustment
-Flare blade needs a full charge recoil of 10%
there was his last one of the update things except for what he said was fine (and blazer that you gave slightly more height)

camelot

Smash Ace
Oh, I already responded to those earlier. So I guess the only things that are left to do are Flare Blade recoil, Counter damage multiplier change, and... giving DED more hitstun? (I want to find a way to increase hitstun, but not knockback at the same time)

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about the late response guys, getting busy packing for college and such.

@Camelot: Here's the to-do list...not much left, also included are a few links for convenience. You pretty much covered the remaining stuff in your previous post, so I'll just bunch it all together:

General Stuff:

-Modifications to sword swing sounds ALONG with striking sounds
-Counter damage multiplier needs adjustment
-Flare blade needs a full charge recoil of 10%
-DED hitstun increase WITHOUT KB increase (not sure if possible atm)

Completed Schtuff:

-Slow down Roy's Nair along with his other aerial moves?
-Possible blazer dmg reduction?
-Uthrow--75 degree angle (leafgreen386)
-Bthrow should be given a much higher angle and some pretty decent growth Basically... make it a reverse of the new uthrow with a slightly lower angle (leafgreen386)
-Taunt fixes--specifically down taunt, which is too...Marth exclusive (voice already taken care of)
-Change victory poses (possibly set them to either side taunt or up taunt?)
-Find a way to use PSA to adjust frame speeds
-Refine down taunt and victory poses (timing and camera issues are main concerns)
-Flare blade forward scoot while on ground--needs to go (animation changed back to fsmash)
-Find a good replacement for the upward stab victory pose

Camelot's Comprehensive Changelist:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...34839&page=116

Roy's Full Costume Set: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4...4e75f6e8ebb871[/quote]

@Wander: Sounds cool man. Eagerly awaiting the final release with dtaunt/pose modifications :D

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
To make it louder, just have it play the same sound twice. That's what I did for the last hits of DED, the hit sound wasn't loud enough, so I had it play twice.
ohh ok thanks! never thought of that lol. well man this looks pretty solid. Just do the changelist ^^ and even if you can't, everything is spot on- er, to me anyway. I have it paired with a PSM Model Hack. Looking very cool so far ^_^

Wave3

Smash Cadet
and i know yall want roy to be as close to melee as possible, but i think we should put him back with his sword sheated. it gives him diversity from roy, almost enough to make him feel like an actual character

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
yeah i agree he was unique with his sword sheathed and it gave him character. plus it's always sheathed in the fe games. i just wanna know if it's possible to not make him stand so wannabe heroey.

camelot

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's possible to make him not stand "wannabe heroey". All that would involve me doing is changing the idle animation back to normal.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Alright, the only beef I have with that idle stance animation is that it looks kinda homo/funny.

As for the victory pose/dtaunt modifications, that would be awesome Onikage. I know Wander said he would do it, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as it gets done :D

Here's the stuff you need Oni, if you're willing to do this ****:

Here's the link with victorypose/dtaunt changes: http://www.mediafire.com/?q2mmw4lugdm

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Alright, the only beef I have with that idle stance animation is that it looks kinda homo/funny.

As for the victory pose/dtaunt modifications, that would be awesome Onikage. I know Wander said he would do it, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as it gets done :D

Here's the stuff you need Oni, if you're willing to do this ****:

Here's the link with victorypose/dtaunt changes: http://www.mediafire.com/?q2mmw4lugdm

Ah ok, thanks! Sweet, Ill upload it to my mediafire once finished, and provide a link once complete ^_^ I just hope camelot sees this and then uses that pac file, er, the one with the taunt changes and such, i hope he uses it to build on, because then I wont have to keep implementing it... anyways, Ill post the link later.

EDIT: Okay! Here ya go! I called it "FitMarthRoyRevamp11" k? http://www.mediafire.com/file/zzmton3xq0g/FitMarthRoyRevampV11.pac

Okay, lemme know if it worked, I cant test it atm.

Top Bottom