• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

camelot

Smash Ace
You know, as far as Roy's size is concerned, there is an attribute that changes size. Marth's is at 1.00x for example, Captain Falcon's is at 1.05x, etc.

But if his size was changed at all, it would have to be something tiny like 0.99x or even 0.995x.

Revlegna

Smash Rookie
Hey, I need alil help, I can't seem to find the newest version of roy. And the old version isnt working for me.

Someone mind throwing me the link to the newest Roy hack? Its either that, or endless scrolling for Rev...

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
can you change the size of different parts of Roy? because you could put him at around 0.99x height, Then his sword around 1.1x and maybe a bigger sword would make it seem hevier even without the new sound effects.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Nxtgenfalc has a good idea. This has been done by Onikage with the partial size modifier code. And as Shadic pointed out on the previous page, the code is rather buggy. However, if there was a way to change partial sizes without inputting new codes and instead just modifying different parts (such as the cape, the sword, and Roy's body) via PSA, we might have a better looking, already stable Roy.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually not sure where you got that information, can't seem to find it myself. Regardless, the intent of adjusting the sword size is simply to make the sword feel heavy, as it should. I think that, if it's possible of course, a slightly larger sword size should definitely be tried out. Many different versions of the neutral b move were tried out before the latest release. Similarly, I think that if the aesthetic approach takes a similar route, we could end up with a better Roy overall.

timothyung

Smash Ace
No it won't. Making DDD's hammer small won't make it "feel" light

EDIT:
About the sword length... I'm not sure. I think I saw it somewhere.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it won't. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't hurt to try.

@Camelot: Any updates on a new .pac? Or are all the technical changes done?

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty then. If people don't want the sword to be messed around with, that's ok. However, if the cape and body sizes can be reduced, that would be cool.

camelot

Smash Ace
@Camelot: Any updates on a new .pac? Or are all the technical changes done?
The speed changes are done, I think, except for (maybe) the frame windows on DED.

As for the size attribute thing, I don't think changing it is a good idea after all, because it changes the sword size also. I wish I could find an event that changed the size of a specific bone... then I could make the sword bigger (while making Roy a little bit shorter), make his cape shorter, make his boots bigger, get rid of his sword sheathe, etc.

I tried using some sounds for sword swings, and it actually sounds decent. Maybe I'll put up a test .pac and you can see (or hear, rather) for yourself.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a plan, can't wait for the goods :D

So it really does seem like the technical stuff is done, eh? Will we be going gold soon? :bee:

Xis66

Smash Cadet
Been a while, I tried the newest Pac (sept 7th), the speeds ARE good! Like someone else said though, his Up B should be givin a little more height even though it was cut twice now.

Putting a full fledge Melee char in a dif game kinda give him a slight disadvantage, but that just my opinion. I also think the "sheathed sword while not in use" thing is a great Idea and worth being tried out and honestly until we can .pac-to-colors we arent going to see Marth anytime soon anyway so no need for size changing and cant the cape be shortend by making the bottom of it clear like how ppl been texturing most of Zeldas textures? The only thing I see thats model changing worthy is the likeness of his hair and I'd do that myself (and of course share) if my computer worked at all (on PS3).

Xis66

Smash Cadet
Whats up next? whats being worked up Wander? I know your not puttin up pacs till near completion regarding the taunts and victory poses, What you up to though bro let us kno and Camalot I know your hard at work with tweakin and NOW experimenting with the sheathed sword and size but what are we looking forward to in next pac no pressure though! Just want to know what the next pac is ganna be about THANX keep up the good work fellas!

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
what we are still talking about the size thing? i thought we weren't gonna do that because of the balance thingy magigy.

camelot

Smash Ace
NEW STUFF! Download <here>.

Here's a rundown:

-Dash attack hits at more of an upward angle
-F-smash, d-tilt, and Flare Blade all "follow" slopes if you're standing on one (like his d-smash... you'll see what I mean)
-Flare Blade plays "uber fire" sound effect on the fully charged explosion
-DED should be a bit easier to chain together, attack windows start slightly sooner, first 2 hits have more base and less scaling knockback
-The last hits on DED play "uber fire" sound effects when they hit, rather than "strong fire"
-Standing pose is different (it screams "I am awesome", trust me)
-Sword is sheathed when he's on the ground, unsheathed when he's in the air or crouching. I tried to do some funky stuff here... for example, make it so that his side-taunt pulls out his sword at the beginning and re-sheathes it at the end, and still have his sword sheathed when he's attacking with a battering item.

Also... there's this really weird bug with his up-b (it was in the last version as well), but it only happens to CPU's. Occasionally, if they use it while trying to recover, they shoot up about twice as high, then fall backwards. I've tried doing it myself, and I cannot get it to happen to me, no matter what I do.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
that pac is EPIC!!!
EDIT: the only real problem there is is that the whole heroic stance thing kinda makes roy look funny not funny as in weird funny as in lol. but of course i know you probably can't change that so all i can say is EPIC!!!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
What's the point of having the sword away, anyways? It looks really sloppy, in my opinion.

ALso, the DED is still kinda crappy, you can get jabbed in the middle of it.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey anyone see my Roy model? use it guys, its cool!! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242011 please try it out when you have the time :) As for the pac file, I havent tried the newest build, but I will now. Note that I did remove the sheath, but only because it isn't on his "behind". Wasn't it like that in melee? on his trophy i mean. the all star mode one.

camelot

Smash Ace
What's the point of having the sword away, anyways? It looks really sloppy, in my opinion.

ALso, the DED is still kinda crappy, you can get jabbed in the middle of it.
I thought I would give it a try.

DED, unfortunately, isn't going to be as good as Melee's because of the lack of hitstun in Brawl. I really don't want to speed it up more (I have it the same as Melee), that takes away from its Melee/Roy feel. I did make the windows for chaining the attacks start a little sooner, but doing it even more makes it too fast. So the only real way to use it would be to practice the timing, or... play Brawl+.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I do play Brawl+... Maybe my timing still bad, but you have to be pretty good at timing it to not get smacked, either way.

camelot

Smash Ace
Well, for anyone who wants it, <here> is a .pac with everything on the last one, except for the standing pose and sword sheathing stuff. So, whatever, pick whichever one you want.

I also forgot to mention something. On the last .pac, and this one too, Blazer goes slightly higher. Barely noticeable, but it's there.

camelot

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, I didn't keep those in the newest .pacs. There was a problem where the sounds wouldn't play if the camera was zoomed too far out. Tried using all 3 "sound effect" events, but the same thing happened.

Top Bottom