• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

camelot

Smash Ace
New set: <I screwed something up, look at my next couple of posts>

Not a whole lot different here, but you should check it out... there's some minor cosmetic changes, like jab, f-tilt, and f-air's trails looking "smoother". And a new Final Smash.

The Final Smash is pretty neat. Hitting someone makes them explode upward in a giant flash of fire. Here's a pic:

Bang!

It gets weaker near the top of the blast. But any person who's directly hit, or near the middle of the explosion, is sure to get KO'd.

camelot

Smash Ace
Shoot. I knew I'd mess something up. It doesn't do anything in the air. I'll fix that right now...

And the fact that Flare Blade breaks shields waaay too easily. This should take 2 mins.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
anyone who downloaded the previous .rar I uploaded should download this one: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gyekdiwknmz
camelot ninja'd me and updated the .pac less than a minute before I posted it, so I had to update it. sorry. just extract this to your pf/fighter folder; there's already a Marth folder w/ the files in it in the .rar. :)

comboking

Smash Master
X2 to the power of ten!
How come after 2 battles with Roy it freezes? I am using the P2 PSM hack. (last pac)

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
nor is it happening to me.

EDIT: oh and thank you x2 to the power of 100 to the power of googol to the power of googolplex to the power of infinity

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
It's Great to see We Almost have a Finshed Roy Moveset. but We Still need Model and voice hacks before we can Fully bring Roy back BTW I should have a video of Roy In Action up Soon I'll post a link when I do

comboking

Smash Master
Are you guys using the PSM hack?
I don't get to test the pac for a long time tomorrow because of schools tours and stuff (School starts on the 17TH) and my mom works on the Computer. :(

At BlazeKnight we already have a model hack.

ProtoBass

Smash Rookie
Not yet anyway. I'm really amazed at what the community has done with all this. And I don't just mean Roy (who was one of my mains in melee and I'm EXTREMELY excited about this project)..I mean all of it. I was ready to give up smash before I was introduced to Brawl+ and hacking.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
great job camelot
i'm going to test removing the momentum of the neutral b in the air tomorrow as well as some more ways to make roy damage himself
as for the counter, it looks freaking impossible
ike's data is almost identical to marth's, except for frame speeds >_<

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
why remove the momentum? do you want Roy's recovery to suck as much **** as it did in melee? the momentum Marth gets from neutral-b is unique to brawl, and he lost the forward-b help he had in melee (Roy had this as well). it only makes sense to let Roy keep it was well.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I think we're looking at having Roy raise vertically from the first slash of his SideB, which would add another difference between Marth and Roy:

Marth goes horizontal from his Neutral B, Roy gets some vertical distance from his SideB.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
why remove the momentum? do you want Roy's recovery to suck as much **** as it did in melee? the momentum Marth gets from neutral-b is unique to brawl, and he lost the forward-b help he had in melee (Roy had this as well). it only makes sense to let Roy keep it was well.
Except for the part where Roy falls too fast to make practical use of the momentum.

And the part where Roy's largest weakness is his recovery, as a balancing factor for his tremendously buffed on stage game (unless you're playing vbrawl Roy <_<. Don't know what the deal with that is).

And the part where it no longer matches the animation of neutral B, as there's no explination for a sudden thrusting boost forward (as he's no longer...thrusting his sword).

yeah <_<

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
okay... so marth gets a neutral-b that improves his main weakness, which is horizontal recovery.
and roy gets a forward-b that helps his vertical recovery a bit, even though he's still screwed because of his higher falling speed.

sounds good.

roy's on-stage game is on par with Marth's at best, not "tremendously buffed." actually, roy hasn't been used by enough people to even say such a statement, so why are we trying to "balance," him when he's not even officially in the game yet?

also, lucas's down-b gives him backward momentum after a forward b. he's not thrusting or anything. ????

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
okay... so marth gets a neutral-b that improves his main weakness, which is horizontal recovery.
and roy gets a forward-b that helps his vertical recovery a bit, even though he's still screwed because of his higher falling speed.

sounds good.

roy's on-stage game is on par with Marth's at best, not "tremendously buffed." actually, roy hasn't been used by enough people to even say such a statement, so why are we trying to "balance," him when he's not even officially in the game yet?

also, lucas's down-b gives him backward momentum after a forward b. he's not thrusting or anything. ????
Marth's neutral B also has less pratical uses as an attack (arcing moves>thrusting moves)

uh...Roy's on stage game was specifically designed to be pretty ridiculous in brawl+. He got a complete overhaul and was playtested A LOT. Many complained that he was even overpowered (and yet we never got around to nerfing him :p) PSA just happens to be buffing him (multihit upsmash makes it safer to use, side B getting fixed will obviously make it more useful, flareblade arcing makes it a much better move in general, ect) So uh...yeah a terrible recovery isn't gonna kill him.

He's also never going to be "officially" in the game.

why purposefully make akward looking moves? Lucas at least visually makes sense (sort of?), flareblade launching you forward just looks poorly designed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i was going to make a post but i decided to save myself some time.
tl;dr it's smash and **** doesn't have to make sense.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
tl;dr it's smash and **** doesn't have to make sense.
He's designing a character and simply doesn't want to half *** it like Sakurai. Sorry that he wants his project to look well done.

Smash doesn't have to make sense when you play it, but from a designer's standpoint it'd be nice to notice little things like this.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you mean.... kinda like how ike goes forward from his forward b.... even though realistically he should be going at the same speed as he would be from holding forward?

Top Bottom