• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Nice new pics~! I still would like to see some more videos. I don't like Marth's stab as Roy's neutral B. It seems wrong, considering Roy in Melee used both hands on his sword to bring it down and kill whoever it hit...also, his Fire Emblem attack data is a swing, not a stab. Marth's is a stab.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
His neutral-b has Marth's forward smash animation instead of his neutral b animation, so it is a swing.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Hrm I dunno bout that 3rd hit DED...I suppose it could work, but I'd really have to try it out first =/
I still feel like the fsmash animation is best for neutral b for the ground and air, but again, we should definitely try out different versions of the move to see which is the best

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Which 3rd hit on DED? There are three, and while the down one is exempt that leaves two more attacks. One from above that swings down, and the other that I can't remember. =___= headache is preventing me from thinking, but I seem to recall in Ryko's videos that his B swings not with F-smash animation.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Which 3rd hit on DED? There are three, and while the down one is exempt that leaves two more attacks. One from above that swings down, and the other that I can't remember. =___= headache is preventing me from thinking, but I seem to recall in Ryko's videos that his B swings not with F-smash animation.

up I believe. it swings down, I think.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Ah, is there any way to get that hit to send them downward like a weak spike? Also, how was his D-air changed? I haven't seen a video on that change yet.

comboking

Smash Master
Hrm I dunno bout that 3rd hit DED...I suppose it could work, but I'd really have to try it out first =/
I still feel like the fsmash animation is best for neutral b for the ground and air, but again, we should definitely try out different versions of the move to see which is the best
I like Fsmash for neutral B.
Hows the over B height thing going?

camelot

Smash Ace
Another new .pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?znojmmzczo4

- Final Smash has trails during the dash
- DED boosts forward on the first swing
- Flare Blade has an effect, doesn't have momentum, and has different slash

I have the Flare Blade animation change in... I made the hitboxes bigger on it so it's easier to hit with. If people try it and really don't like it, I'll change it back.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I like the new Flare Blade. The animation feels a bit weird at first, but Roy puts more of his body into it, which makes more sense, honestly.

Also, I didn't actually pay attention to your notes when I first tested it out, I certainly can feel the boost on DED.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
meh it's good not as cool as the first but good. I love the trail though. and also WHEN THE HELL IS THE DARK ROY COSTUME GONNA BE DONE!!!

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Ok I tested out the new neutral b. Honestly, I think that the new animation really sucks in the air, but is only marginally worse on ground. Either way, I'll have to go with comboking and smashmaniac in saying that the fsmash animation still trumps the 3rd DED hit...from here it's just a matter of improving the hitboxes like crazy for this new animation, or reverting back to fsmash. I'd go with the latter for simplicity's sake :D

Edit: Good job on the momentum change for flare blade and over b. Keep it up :)

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
And, it feels though b-air is just a little too strong to me. I need opinions on that, too.
i think his bair is too strong as well but i think that would help make up for the fact that his down smash hits up and cat kill till in the 200% and his up smash spikes more often than not. i say keep the bair b/c then he has 3 low/mid % kill moves (along with fsmash and neutral b) and the rest of his moves are good for comboing, but wont kill until high %s(around 150% and still surviving for me)

and im gonna repeat myself b/c i dont think any1 except 1 person( sorry forgot your name) actually saw the post.

i think it would be cool to change his 1 and 2 (up and down on a GC controller) taunts. i think the 2 taunt could have the same blade animation as the side taunt and the 1 taunt to have fire come out of the tip of the sword or whole sword. or it would be cooler to have ikes 1 taunt (i think thats the one) and have fire come out of his body.
(thank god for tabs and copy/paste)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i think fsmash animation was good for grounded flareblade. 3rd up hit of DED would be fine for aerial flareblade. only thing is that the fsmash animation looks weird if you do anything quickly afterward. try holding sheild during the flareblade animation; roy still has his sword down from slashing and then all of the sudden is shielding? lol. it's all good, though.

also, taunts don't really matter at this point. -_- and recreating roy's melee taunt would be impossible at the moment, as afaik we cannot do custom animations. plus, his taunt was pretty complicated, what with the sword spinning and stuff. it'd be pretty easy to **** up and make it look like he was killing himself rofl.

camelot

Smash Ace
the fsmash animation looks weird if you do anything quickly afterward.
One of the reasons I used the DED animation. It looks a lot more smooth.

And by the way, the slash has less arc but hits further horizontally than the f-smash. Doesn't mean it has zero arc, though, I still find it very easy to hit with.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
i think fsmash animation was good for grounded flareblade. 3rd up hit of DED would be fine for aerial flareblade. only thing is that the fsmash animation looks weird if you do anything quickly afterward. try holding sheild during the flareblade animation; roy still has his sword down from slashing and then all of the sudden is shielding? lol. it's all good, though.

also, taunts don't really matter at this point. -_- and recreating roy's melee taunt would be impossible at the moment, as afaik we cannot do custom animations. plus, his taunt was pretty complicated, what with the sword spinning and stuff. it'd be pretty easy to **** up and make it look like he was killing himself rofl.
The problem with the 3rd up hit of DED in the air is that it is really hard to connect with--its "sweeping range," as it were, is simply not as good as the fsmash animation. Plus, the hitboxes don't seem to be as large as they are on the ground. Aesthetically speaking, the fsmash animation isn't all that terrible. Remember, it's the accuracy of the move that comes first. Fsmash ftw!!! :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
oh psh the hitboxes are changing around with the different animations? Fsmash please.

youtuberocks

Smash Rookie
here is an interesting idea. how about moving this roy project from being built up from marth to ike? now its possible because of the PSA and i think ike's hair looks a little more like roys hair anyways. i would do it myself but sadly, i was blessed with a mac.

youtuberocks

Smash Rookie
im playing brawl right now and ike and marth are standing side by side, i see no size difference whatsoever. and i thought i saw someone change the size of different characters swords on youtube. and cant you also edit a characters speed too? or am i mistaken?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
people are most likely working on model hacks/extra CSS icons.
at that point we can edit marth's hair to be more like Roy's

aesthetic stuff can wait until then, at this point Marth's moveset is a LOT easier to work with to make Roy (tilts, smashes, aerials, and all but one special being the same, visually, as melee Roy?!)

Wander

Smash Journeyman
im playing brawl right now and ike and marth are standing side by side, i see no size difference whatsoever. and i thought i saw someone change the size of different characters swords on youtube. and cant you also edit a characters speed too? or am i mistaken?
That's sort of beside the point. Roy was a clone of Marth, meaning all of Marth's moves are much closer to Roy than Ike's would ever be. It would take some serious work to make Ike even closely resemble Roy; it would cut out a lot of useless effort to just start with Marth as a base.

youtuberocks

Smash Rookie
ok nevermind. cant wait for the model hacks, what about extra CSS slots for custom chars? is that being worked on?

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
phantom wings says that model hacks are coming along nicely
at that point we can edit marth's hair to be more like Roy's

aesthetic stuff can wait until then, at this point Marth's moveset is a LOT easier to work with to make Roy (tilts, smashes, aerials, and all but one special being the same, visually, as melee Roy?!)
So with the model hacks, will applying them be as easy as using the .pac files? Or will the hacks be as tedious to actually get to work as the CSP .tga files? Or...is the process somewhere in between? A code perhaps in Ocarina? Anyone's thoughts on the matter?

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Any word on the actual progress being made on a functional clone engine, other than "it's being worked on"?

Other than making him a little bit shorter and his sword maybe a little longer, I can't see size mods being very useful in creating a more accurate Roy. He wasn't really that different from Marth proportion-wise to begin with.

comboking

Smash Master
Can some one make a list of all the download links so we can look at them and see how much has changed. Maybe even make a vid of it?

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to texture hacks.

How do I "install" Roy on the SD card? I'm really confused.
Fot the tenth time... private > wii > APP > RSBE > pf > Fighter > Marth

name the .Pac "FitMarth" and you should be good.
although i can't get my texture working for whatever reason, but his moveset is fine.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
i had brawl+ before, when i first downloaded it, but then i got rid of it, and i now have brawl+ back on my sd. tho now i can't see the textures in the select screen and the second player dosent have the textures also.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
go somewhere else to ask general questions like that, like the texture hack sticky.
but for sure you won't be able to see the textures on the select screen unless you've put Character Select Portrait files on your SD Card.

Top Bottom