• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't Roy partially programmed into the game? Wouldn't it be possible to find that data file somehow and see if there were sounds with em?

._. Or if you can move the sounds around, then how about some of his FS noises? Like the impact of the sword for his Forward Smash (Which is supposed to be better than Marth's now, and should sound like it hurts)

Edit: And pitch changing would be freaking awesome, just less high pitched girlyness.
If roy was even partially coded it would've saved us all the trouble of doing this.

But then again, that could've been Roy Campbell from MGS.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
All right, I'm confused. I'm new at Brawl hacking, but I got Brawl+ working fine, and I'd like to add in the latest version of this Roy (I'm fine with it replacing Marth entirely for now) but I just don't get what exactly I need. Isn't there some codes that have to go along with it to get the modifications to his moveset to work?

So the latest file I saw on this thread was FitMarthRoyGoGComboV4.pac What do I do with it on my SD card exactly? And what else do I need to do to get him in the game (apparently download a texture set separately?)? Thanks in advance!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
>.>

put that download in marth's folder in fighter, and then name it fitmarth.pac.

for the texture, consult the texture guide.

and you don't need codes. at all.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
All right, I'm confused. I'm new at Brawl hacking, but I got Brawl+ working fine, and I'd like to add in the latest version of this Roy (I'm fine with it replacing Marth entirely for now) but I just don't get what exactly I need. Isn't there some codes that have to go along with it to get the modifications to his moveset to work?

So the latest file I saw on this thread was FitMarthRoyGoGComboV4.pac What do I do with it on my SD card exactly? And what else do I need to do to get him in the game (apparently download a texture set separately?)? Thanks in advance!
rename fitmarthoygogcombov4.pac to fitmarth.pac, and place it in the "private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/marth"

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
>.>

Don't need codes eh? Awesome. I saw a lot of debate about gravity and weight VS Marth, so I guess that's taken care of with just the .pac and Brawl+'s default codes then eh?

Also, what about the sword slashes? In the first post it says to download sword slashes and to call that file "FitMarth" as well, but it is also a .pac file, so that's 2 files with the same name (the sword slashes FitMarth.pac and the main FitMarth.pac). Or do I not need to download that file any more (download was a file called RedMarthSlashv2.pac from the link in the first post)?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Don't need codes eh? Awesome. I saw a lot of debate about gravity and weight VS Marth, so I guess that's taken care of with just the .pac and Brawl+'s default codes then eh?

Also, what about the sword slashes? In the first post it says to download sword slashes and to call that file "FitMarth" as well, but it is also a .pac file, so that's 2 files with the same name (the sword slashes FitMarth.pac and the main FitMarth.pac). Or do I not need to download that file any more (download was a file called RedMarthSlashv2.pac from the link in the first post)?
GoG still needs to update the front page of this
red sword effects are included in the PAC, enjoy :)
actually, you DO need File Replacement codes, but it's probably included in the Brawl+ GCT

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Quick opinion:

Awesome, very nice work thus far! I dig the theme to make him unique from Marth yet not as gimp as in Melee.

That said, please don't feel that the theme needs to be stuck to for every single attack, and in particular, I really don't like what it does to the DTilt. Roy's DTilt is so iconic and such an important part of his combo game, that the tipper version sliding people toward you throws off the combo game as well as looking really, well, lame. I would much rather it work like in Melee and either be consistent across the whole blade or be weaker at the tip but still send them always upwards.

Its like the difference between Mario and Doc's UTilt in Melee. They both did roughly the same thing, except Doc's could send you to the side sometimes whereas Mario's sent you straight up 100% of the time. This is one of the few ways that Mario could be better than Doc, in that his reliable UTilt could always be depended upon for combo juggling, whereas Doc's could sometimes mess you up by sending them to the side when you didn't want to, and in the heat of battle it was difficult to make sure you got the right hit you wanted with Doc.

By the same token, Roy's combo game would be much better served be a consistent response, even if it is weaker at the tip, than what it does now for the DTilt. Hitting with the tip of a DTilt for a small pop-up into a combo was a primary tactic of my friend's Roy game.

camelot

Smash Ace
please don't feel that the theme needs to be stuck to for every single attack,
This is what I do feel, mostly for consistency's sake. Every attack should pull inward at the tip, just like every one of Marth's attacks are simply stronger at the tip. This was a big irk I had on an earlier version of this Roy (tips not being consistent). The only attack that doesn't follow this rule is b-air, which is a fire spike. I'd rather keep things this way.

Hitting with d-tilt's tip can be a stage spike, you know. Or lead to a tech chase.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
This is what I do feel, mostly for consistency's sake. Every attack should pull inward at the tip, just like every one of Marth's attacks are simply stronger at the tip. This was a big irk I had on an earlier version of this Roy (tips not being consistent). The only attack that doesn't follow this rule is b-air, which is a fire spike. I'd rather keep things this way.

Hitting with d-tilt's tip can be a stage spike, you know. Or lead to a tech chase.
I agree, consistancy is a good idea. ;)

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
ok so i FINALLY got homebrew, gecko 0s the texture hacks to work, but wenever i try to use the rsbe01 file for brawl+ it says there are "too many codes"??? :urg: can someone tell me what will fix this? i was able to get an rsbe01.gct to work so i can load texture hacks. but the one for brawl+ wont work. and i tried to use roy in regular brawl, but the game freezes when you use a move (and somtimes does as soon as i pick him.) can someone help me cuz this is my first time trying to hack my wii/ brawl. thanks in advance.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
do you have gecko OS 1.9.2?

is rsbe01 in /codes on your sd card?

do you have the roy file in marth's folder in

/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/fighter?

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
>.>

I thought the Frame Speed codes were still necessary for Brawl+?

yes. yes. and yes. just says too many codes wile launching the game.
Do you have gameconfig.txt in the root of your SD card?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
it's in the premade sd package...

just download the official premade sd package, and then replace the gct there with the one you want (i.e latest nightly build, etc)

youtuberocks

Smash Rookie
this has probably been mentioned before but his nutral b seems like it takes about +1 or 2 seconds to fully charge than it does in melee, maybe its just me. also when its fully charged it doesnt do 10% damage to him.

camelot

Smash Ace
this has probably been mentioned before but his nutral b seems like it takes about +1 or 2 seconds to fully charge than it does in melee, maybe its just me. also when its fully charged it doesnt do 10% damage to him.
It's actually faster than Melee Roy's charge. This one takes 240 frames (4 seconds) to hit full charge, while in Melee it was 5 seconds.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make him hurt himself at full charge.

youtuberocks

Smash Rookie
strange, seems longer. not a problem for me. i like what you did with his up b.
edit: Is the GCT GoG posted on the first post include the newest version of the GCT?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It doesn't have the frame adjustments since PSA can't do it so somethings are wrong. Namely F-smash is too good. lol I'm waiting for the new nightly that should be out soon, but if we don't have it tonight I'll upload a codeset with Roy's frame changes.

EDIT: ALSO

STOP THANKING JUST ME!!! LOL

Camelot and Tsunami have been a HUGE help with PSA.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
PSA can change direct frame durations for set actions but yes, it can't target specific frames. However by directly editing durations you can always ensure the animation will look natural.

I think PSA can finally be used to give Roy the proper frame durations while not making his *fsmash in particular* look weird. ._.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
What's really nice about this is that you don't have to jam Roy into every codeset now - Instead, he's just a separate .pac.

Also, trying out now.. It's been a while since I've used him.

Edit: Wow, he feels a LOT better than he did before. Great job, camelot. Although one vital thing is missing - More phi4R on his Neutral B. Like, perhaps following the slash, just a bit? It looks kind of plain until you get it fully charged, and that uh.. Never happens.

Also - Holy crap, does he have Super Armor on that? I just broke through an Ike Neutral B with it.

Edit #6: Oh, read the change log, he does. Awesome.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the problem w/ the .pac at the moment is that you still have to put the framespeed mods into the .gct, so we technically still have to do that. the .pac method has definitely shown a lot more progress w/ roy's moveset, though.
just gotta wait until PSA can do frame speed mods....

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yeah, the official set doesn't have the latest file replacement code. which is why you're freezing up.

the latest file patch code is 3.5.1, I believe.

comboking

Smash Master
It doesn't have the frame adjustments since PSA can't do it so somethings are wrong. Namely F-smash is too good. lol I'm waiting for the new nightly that should be out soon, but if we don't have it tonight I'll upload a codeset with Roy's frame changes.

EDIT: ALSO

STOP THANKING JUST ME!!! LOL

Camelot and Tsunami have been a HUGE help with PSA.
I've done vBrawl testing. :)

Top Bottom